Gone

Gone

Again… went to this park. This park… our park….

This where we spent our good times, right? You always leaned on my shoulder and told me about a lot of things. Sometimes you talked about me, talked about your family, even talked about your secret. I smiled when I remembered that time, then I looked next to me… You’re not here. It’s a bitter fact that I should believe. You don’t know how much I miss you now…

 

 

“Yeobo, don’t you need to go home early?” he leaned on my shoulder and I smiled.

“Forget about it. We need to spend our time for a while…” I kissed his forehead, making him giggled.

“Do you love me?” he asked.

“Of course… in this whole world, I love only Jung Byunghee…” I said.

“Really? You’re not lying?” he asked.

“Yes…” I kissed his lips

“Let’s go home…” he said.

“Come on, I’ll drive you home…” I said

 

 

“Bye!” he kissed my lips then made his way to in front of the door. Before he opened that door, I ran to him and back-hugged him tightly.

“Good night… sleep well, baby…” I whispered.

“Good night, sleep well too. Don’t overwork, okay? Your eyes will get swollen… Don’t be sick” he said softly.

“Thanks, yeobo… call me when you don’t have anything to do…” I said and slowly released the hug.

He suddenly leaned closer and kissed me passionately, I really wanted to pull away because we’re in front of his house. Neighbors would see… But I gave up, he’s too strong… He finally pulled away and smiled.

“Don’t do that in public… we’re in front of your house…” I said.

“I don’t care, I love you…” he caressed my lips with his soft finger. Did he want to tease me?

“Love you too… look… your parents are waiting” I pointed at his parents who stood in front of his house.

“Hehe… bye then…” he said and waved his hand.

“Seungho-ya, you don’t want to stay for a while?” his mom asked.

“I have something to do, sorry ahjumma…” I said.

“Bye, honey!” Byunghee waved at me and I smiled.

 

 

I thought those happiness will remain forever… but, it has ended… We have changed. We’re not the same like before anymore…

 

“WHAT DO YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN? I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES!!!!!” he yelled at me, crying.

“I didn’t mean to…”

“You didn’t mean to? My eyes saw it clearly. My eyes saw all those dirty things you did to that woman....” he cried and I grabbed his shoulder gently but he pushed my hands away.

“DON’T ING TOUCH ME!!!” he shouted, my heart was broken into pieces…

“I was drunk and… I didn’t know….” I said.

“Why did you go to the nightclub… with a girl… you didn’t tell me… and you drank alcohol… Do you have brains???” he slapped my face. I touched my face, this was the first time I was hurt by my boyfriend’s hand.

“Darling, I’m so sorry… I was….”

“Don’t call me like that again… from now, you’re nothing to me… You’re just an ordinary people to me. I want to break up…” he said.

“WHAT? BREAK UP?” I couldn’t believe that those words could come out from his mouth.

“You just did this to me! And do you think I’m still gonna be with you… I have feelings, Seungho. I’m not an idiot who is blinded by love… I don’t want to love someone who hurt me…” he said and turned his back.

“YA! BYUNGHEE!” I held his hand tightly then he pushed my hands away and left. Really left… no turning back…

 

 

I was an idiot… yeah. I’m an idiot, I just had a wonderful and perfect but I… betrayed him. I couldn’t feel about love again since he left me, he gave all his loves. His love made me alive, without him… I’m just an alive body but a dead soul…

I tried to calm myself and I took out my iPod from my pocket. I shuffled and the song which is played is….

This song… it was… our love song… we loved this song very much… fun beat, happy song. That’s why we liked it… But there isn’t ‘we’ anymore… I started to sing, I still clearly remember the lyrics… and I sang to it…

 

 

You’re gonna smile like that to me always, promise?

You’re gonna hold my hands when I need it, promise?

You’re gonna be my pillow where I lean on, promise?

You’re gonna keep saying you love me forever, promise?

 

You make me smile, when nobody cares about me

You’re still with me, when I’m alone

You make me laugh, when nobody can make me happy

You’re always here, to brighten my days

 

We’ll promise to each other…

Even you’re not beside me…

Even I’m not beside you…

Our love is…. Forever…

 

 

My tears dropped and reached my in the last lyrics. Our love is forever… We always sang this song together, looking at each other with smile on our face. We sang it so sincerely but now… it’s just a song, not a promise. Our love isn’t forever… I’m sorry that I couldn’t keep my promise, to be with you… eventhough I still love you until now…

 

 

I wanted to go home, I would cry more if I stayed here a bit longer. Unexpectedly, I saw Byunghee… with another man in his arms. I felt stabbed, but I felt good because Byunghee was happy. But still, I couldn’t lie to myself, I didn’t like that he’s with another man now, jealousy… it’s still there, because I love him.

He looked at me, but then he looked away as if I was just a stranger. It broke my heart, my heart felt really painful when he just passed by. I deserved this….

 

 

I went home with tears… hoping that no one would recognize me or ask me why I cried.

When I finally laid down on my bed and took my phone. Even my lock screen was still the photo of him, and my password was our anniversary date.

Suddenly, I got a reminder… I have nothing to do today, what kind appointment that I’ve made in the calendar. I checked the calendar and there’s a reminder, more like a message…

 

“Check the voice notes…. The file name is ****.m4a. You promised me something today”

I opened the voice note and played it

 

“Yeobo… you promised that you’ll buy that pretty sweater for me, right? You said you have no money at that time. And you just randomly said that you’ll give it to me on 15th October, one day before your birthday. I don’t force you but I’ll wait for it. Yeobo, I love you…”

 

I just… couldn’t help but cry. I cried too much today. It’s all because of Byunghee… I really miss him. And tomorrow will be my birthday, will he remember my birthday? I’ll meet him tomorrow, and keep one of my promises to him. Blue sweater that he liked so much, I’ve bought it already but I didn’t get any chance to give it to him. I’ll give it to him tomorrow… if I meet him in the park.

 

 

~The Next Day~

 

 

I worked until night and I went straight to the park, I hoped that he’s here. We always went to this park every Friday night in the past. Then I saw a familiar man, sitting alone on the bench and I knew it was Byunghee. What was he doing here at the night? Does he remember our good days? Does he miss those moments?

I walked closer to him and when he finally noticed me, he tried to stand up and go away but I grabbed his hand.

“Don’t touch me!” he tried to escape but I wouldn’t let him. He finally gave up.

“What do you want from me?!” he asked.

“This…” I gave a paper bag to him.

“What is this?” he asked.

“That blue sweater, you want it, right? I promised to you…” I said and his eyes widened.

“You… still….” he couldn’t believe.

“I remember it, and I keep my promise… but sorry if I’m late. I should give this yesterday. But I couldn’t….” I said.

“You… why?” he asked.

“I keep my promise. I want to make your wish comes true before I die… at least, I bought that for you….” I said.

“Happy birthday…” he said out of the blue.

“What?” he remembered.

“Happy birthday, it’s your birthday, right?” he asked.

“Yes, you remember it?” I asked.

“I do, wish you all the best…” he said.

“There’s only one thing which is the best in my life…. It’s you…” I said and he was surprised.

“What? Why?” he asked.

“I still love you, please… come back to me” I said.

“Sorry, Seungho. I’ve found someone who’s ten times better than you… and I don’t think he’ll hurt me…” he said and my heart fell into pieces.

“Yes, right. I’m the worst man in your life. I hurt you, I made you cry. But now… I promise that I won’t do that again. I regret all my wrongdoings and I promise that I’ll change into a better person for you, so please… take me back with you…” I let out my tears.

“Seungho, you hurt me already. And I found someone better already. You need to move on…” he said.

“I won’t move on… I promised that I’ll always love you… and I’ve really fallen in love with you and it’s impossible to move on…” I admitted.

“It’s not a promise again! We’re not together anymore…” he said.

“Promise is always a promise…” I said.

“I hope you’ll find someone else…” he said.

“I won’t find someone like you…” I said.

“Why?” he asked.

“I LOVE YOU!!! I can’t stop thinking about you! And realizing that you’re not with me makes me go crazy. Can we just start our new relationship?” I said.

“I was hurt, you don’t know how I feel, Seungho… I won’t be blinded by love. I said that I don’t want to love someone who hurt me… You need to let me go…” he said.

I knew I was crazy but I suddenly pulled him into a kiss. I really missed his lips…

 

 

He pushed me away and he looked so disgusted.

“YANG SEUNGHO! I’M SOMEONE’S ALREADY!” he was mad, I did stupid thing but I really miss him.

 

 

3rd Person’s POV

 

 

“Then, I’ll be always waiting for you… until you come back to me… There’s always an empty room in my heart for you. I’ll wait until you open that door…” Seungho said.

 

 

“Sorry, Seungho… I don’t even want to open that door” Byunghee left with tears on his eyes…

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

how do you think about it?

why did byunghee cry at the end? it's up to your imagination. it's an open ending...

but should i just let you make your own imagination or should i write a sequel?

feel free to comment :))))