If I Were You

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Things between Dara and Jiyong are moving smoothly, well, as smoothly as it could get anyway. Though Jiyong pretends he doesn’t notice it, he could feel the barrier that Dara puts in their relationship. Which means something major will probably happen that would leave him a broken man. Nope, he has made contingency plans and fail safe ways and numerous ways on how he would salvage his relationship with Dara just in case she decides to break up with him.

 

 

 

 

He is not kidding.

 

 

 

 

 

Just to prove his point, he has already purchased a cabin in long island beach for him to take Dara. They would stay there till she falls for him, that’s plan A. Plan B is still on the process, he along with a good friend of his Amelie Boskolov from Russia is currently developing a drug that would make Dara fall for him. Or in lay man’s term, a love potion. There is a hormone that only men posses that somehow appeals to women, or at least, theoretically speaking, and he is a theoretical physicist, he is using this excuse and makes the university pay for his research. Besides, if he succeeds, the school would benefit.

 

 

 

 

 

One word perfectly describes him: PATHETIC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He has turned into a crazy man. Love warped his mind. Big time. Well, it’s not like he is the only one on the boat, his friends seem to be following his example. Therefore, he concludes, that when you finally and truly found the “one” you don’t ever want to let them go. Even when the object of your love and adoration is giving you reasons to let go, you hold on and keep on fighting.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s official, Kwon Jiyong can now lead as the president of all those hopeless romantics in the world, with his extensive research and IQ and totally overly active hypothalamus and figuratively speaking crazed heart, he seriously has the qualifications to rule and either lead them to annihilation, further delusion and/or heartbreak – whichever comes first.

 

 

 

 

 

So why the sudden burst of pessimism?

 

 

 

 

 

Dara and her friends, they’ve been doing things behind their backs. Seriously, they think we didn’t notice, but it’s plain obvious, for three solid and valid reasons:

 

 

 

 

Dara constantly uses her phone in my presence and can never leave it alone with me. Her friends can’t coordinate their lives to save their lives. As in, EVER. I’m thankful at the same time feel sorry for them. It’s written all over their faces.

 

 

 

 

 

My friends and I, well, we have humongous brains and we constantly use it in our profession. It would be a total shame if we never use it in our personal lives, right? I am a theoretical physicist, I take much of my time thinking up ideas about how things work, calculations (loads of it) and try my best to in predicting the outcomes. But since our chances of squeezing out the answers to our girlfriend’s were 0.003% and I even have to add miniscule variables to reach that percentage to lift the morale. We, meaning Top hyung, Daesung and Young Bae and I combined our geniuses to stalk our girlfriends.

 

 

 

 

 

Yes.

 

 

 

 

 

We have entered a new personal low and slummed along the desperate souls and I, Kwon Jiyong can honestly say, has went through a lot of lows. “Throw away pride, what on earth is dignity?” Has become our main mantra, the next mantra was “We’re already losers.” The latter didn’t garner much votes but rings a lot of truth in it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

We have agreed amongst each other that we would use Top hyung’s office due to the fact that he seriously have the best and most expensive state-of-the art computers. Daesung will make communication and tracking devices while Young Bae and I would alternately watch the monitors and report where the girls at while Top and Daesung follow the girls alternately until we all find out what the girls were doing. It’s crazy, we know, but what the hell right? Seungri or Judas as we call him now didn’t want to be a part of our scheme. It’s cool, we don’t need microbiologist anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have been staying in Top hyung’s office and haven’t slept for approximately two whole days, Young Bae’s shift will begin in three hours, so I can still manage. It was 3:23 in the afternoon and Bom, Minzy and Dara were heading to CL’s place. Dara was first to arrive, followed by Bom and then Minzy arrived last. The tracking devices were on the girls bracelets my friends and I gave them, thank heavens that they always were it, since us guys also bought similar ones. Dara and mines are red, CL and Top’s are white, Daesung and Bom’s where green and Minzy and Taeyang’s were blue. Genius right?

 

 

 

 

 

I immediately contacted my fellow stalkers. “breaker-one-nine, breaker-one-nine . . this is the dragon speaking, the girls are rendezvoud at CL’s place.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not soon after I said it, Top hyung was on the line, he was panting heavily, ever since CL and Top got together, he went out of his way to stay in shape. “Where are they? Have they made a move yet? I’ll ready my bike.”

 

 

 

 

 

“They’re at CL’s place. They haven’t made a move yet.”

 

 

 

 

 

Another beep, “Where are they?” It was Daesung. “Did I miss anything?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Nope, they’re just at CL’s place, for now.” I said robotically. Sheesh. I’m like Siri.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Top hyung made an impatient sound, “SEE? I told you Dae! You should have invented something that we could use to hear what they’re talking about!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Well sorry! At least I invented something unlike you who just experiments useless things.” The two started bickering like a bunch of five year olds. Epic. If I had popcorn it would be pretty awesome. I hit record. This will be fun to alleviate my boredom later. I looked at the montor and all four were moving out.

 

 

 

 

Crap!

 

 

 

 

 

“Fcuk! Guys!! Hey!!”

 

 

 

 

“ . . . at least I have a Ph. D! You only have what? A masters? Spell Lo-“

 

 

 

 

“A masters at MIT!”

 

 

 

 

 

“GUYSSSS!” Jiyong yelled at the top of his lungs.

 

 

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

 

 

“The girls are moving!”

 

 

 

 

“What? Where are they going?”

 

 

 

 

“Let’s wait, all four of them are in pairs, probably riding motorbikes.”

 

 

 

 

Another beep, “Where’s googly bear?” If they were in another situation, Jiyong probably would have laughed, but since he won’t be forgetting what came out from Young Bae’s mouth, its safe to say that his friend would have an earful of his teasing one of these days. “The girls are on the move, not sure where yet, hey Bae? Come earlier, I’m sleepy already.”

 

 

 

 

“Will do.”

 

 

 

 

***********************************

 

 

 

After 30 minutes, the girls arrived at COEX mall. “Breaker four-two, breaker four-two. Top? Dae? The girls are in COEX!”

 

 

 

 

The door opened and Young Bae stepped inside holding a monkey, “Why did you bring your project here in Top hyung’s office?”

 

 

 

 

“I’m trying to make this monkey addicted to chocolate, before I left, I successfully made him eat ten bars of white chocolate. I couldn’t leave him in the office, what if there’s an effect and I didn’t get to record it?” He said this as if explaining the obvious to a four year old.

 

 

 

 

“How will you focus on the monitor?”

 

 

 

 

“Relax Ji. I can multi-task.”

 

 

 

 

There was a beep, “Ji, I’m  near COEX can you calibrate and pin-point their exact location?” Daesung asked while starting his new motorbike.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter