Final

The First Start

"One expresso please." You said tiredly as the waiter wrote down your order.

It was 3 in the afternoon and taking all those last minute exams really took your energy away. After school ended, you're friends had invited you to go out shopping. You needed something strong to keep you alive, or else you'll just hunch right over while standing and sleep in front of who-knows-what. Sleepy as you are, you declined their offer and headed straight down to the local cafe in your home town. While waiting for your caffeine to arrive, you were half asleep. You were so much in a blank state that you didn't even notice that a cute boy took your order. Or that you were the only customer with him being the only one on the work shift.

Eventually, you fell asleep because you woke up, hearing and seeing snapping in front of your face. There in front of you was the most cutest boy you had ever seen. His name tag said, "Xiumin".

"Oh, you're awake, miss." He rubbed the back of his neck cutely. "H-here's the expresso you wanted." Xiumin gently scooted the cup to you.

"T-thanks." You blushed.

Looking around, Xiumin said, "Since I don't see anyone else coming at this moment, why don't we introduce each other? I'm Xiumin."

Staring at your legs to avoid his gaze, you replied shyly, "you. It's nice to meet you."

Awkward silence. Then, at the same time, both of you laughed. You took a sip from your expresso. "Mhm... It's good." Your tiredness went away immediately.

"Did you make this?" You asked Xiumin.

"Y-yeah..." He responded.

You put up a thumbs up while drinking the bitter, yet tasty drink. Since no one else arrived to the cafe, you and Xiumin talked and got closer. He had even walked you home because the distance was right there.

"Thank you Xiumin for energizing me again." You smiled, but the expression was replaced with shock. This new boy, Xiumin, pulled you in his friendly embrace. But your heartbeat quickened and it felt right.

"Come back again, okay?"