Chapter 1

Danger

My brother-in-law and I took a walk over to my sister's apartment. Well, it’s his place too, since they’re married…BLEH! I never knew apartments could be so….large. My brother-in-law, Yixing is his name but I like to call him Lay. He opened the door to let me in, as I walked in, there was a dead-like odor coming from the stairway. As if he read my mind, “I apologize for the weird smell, it’s been like that since your sister left to visit China for a business trip.” I nodded prossessing what he had just told me.

Stretching, I said “I’m going to the guest room to unpack my belongings and freshen up.” He replied as I was heading towards the stairs, “Okay, just don’t go into the master bedroom, I haven’t cleaned up so it’s a mess in there” he chuckled. I heard him mutter something and then the beep of a phone afterwards, I wonder who it was.  The further I go up the stairs, the stronger that odor is. From the looks of it, it’s coming from the master bedroom. “Junky would be an understatement if their room smells like zombie ” I said to myself.

Forgetting about going to the guestroom, I make a 90 degree turn towards the door. Something tells me that it isn’t a good idea to look in there, yet my feet are moving on their own. As I make my way to the door, my heart starts to pound at a tremendous rate. I slowly reach for the door knob and- “I ordered pizza! It’s here! Come get a plate and join me!” I flinched, then giggled at how silly he is acting at the bottom of the stairway. I took one last glance at the door, then followed him to the dining room table.

Later that night, I went to the guest bathroom to wash up and slip into my favorite pajama set. I leaped into the fluffy mattress and practically molded in the silky sheets. As I laid there, I heard Lay say something about leaving for a little bit. Hearing the door close, my thoughts went back to that odor. “It’s now or never” I whispered. I peeked out from behind the door and yelled, “Lay? You there!?”…….no response……” HEY!! POOP HEAD!!!” Yup, he’s definitely gone.

I slowly opened the door and tip-toed to the door that has been killing me with curiosity all day long. I open the door and the odor is horrible!! I think my eyebrows burned off!! The room is spotless….. I thought Lay told me that it was junky…. I shrugged it off and noticed a Dark reddish-brownish color splattered on the wall on the other side of the master bed. I walk over there and see a blood trail from the wall to the master bedroom. I am too terrified to go in there.

Suddenly the front door opened, I quickly (but quietly) left the room and to my luck, my door was still open. I ran behind my door and peeked out. I heard the door slam and harsh footsteps going past the stairway. I nervously made my way down the stairs. He was standing in front of the kitchen counter crying and muttering something. “Lay? I just wanted to let you know that I wanted to wash my hair but there was no shampoo in the cabinets.” I quickly said and ran to my room. I wanted to ask him about the blood so badly. I just laid in bed and fell asleep.

I woke up from the sound of glass breaking and something or someone screaming. I check the time, it’s 3:36 am. Another inhuman scream filled the silent halls of the apartment, “N-NO!! NOT AGAIN!! I can’t lose control!!!” It was Lay! He sounds like he’s in pain!! I quietly left my room and peeked through the little opening and saw something that looked like a demon or whatever.

 It was crying and holding of what looked like a female….it was a corpse….my sister….he was holding my sister…..her dead body. I could feel all of my emotions boil in the pit of my stomach. I ran to the guest bathroom and let it all out. I started crying and bawling my eyes out uncontrollably from fear, shock, and grief. I have to get out of here.

I opened the door and dashed towards my exit to safety. I grabbed the door knob and…..it won’t open. I pull harder and it won’t budge!! I start to panic and noticed a demonic hand holding it shut. Tears start rushing down my face as I slowly turn around to be face to face with what use to be lay. I already know my life ends here so I just helplessly plop to the ground and bawl my eyes out once again.........