The Trip

Something More

Mark:

I arrived at Jinyoung’s place and saw him at the door with his duffel bag in tow.

            “Good morning omma…” I said as I stepped inside the gate.

            “Morning baby boy…are you ready for the camping trip?” she asked.

            “Yup…” I nodded. Jinyoung just looked at me smiling.

            “Take care of this big baby for me ok?” she patted Jinyoung’s head.

            “Omma, I’m already 19…I’m a man now…” he protested.

            “Yeah right!” she rolled her eyes. “You gonna always be my baby…here, I made some snacks for you two to eat in the bus…” she handed a 3 tier lunch boxes to me.

            “Thanks omma…c’mon bud, let’s go…”

I watched in envy as Jinyoung say goodbye to his mom…it’s something I didn’t get to do with my own mom.

 

Jinyoung:

Mark hyung’s expression got darker as we left the house.

            “Hyung, are you ok?” I said looking at him.

            “Yeah…I’m good…just thinking about something…are you excited about this camping trip?”

            “Yup…it’s been a while…the last camping trip was on my birthday 2 years ago…right?” that was a good time. Mark hyung brought me to Gapyeong and we had a blast there.

            “Yeah…”

We meeting spot and the other guys are already there. A group of us including some guys from the basketball team decided to have our own camping trip since we gonna have a long weekend ahead.

            “Jinyoung ah!” Jackson ran towards me and grabbed my neck.

            “Yaa! How come you have such full energy from the morning? Did you swallow a battery or something?” Mark hyung said.

            “I’m just excited…this will be our last trip together as seniors…I wanna make memories as much as I can…” he grinned, still having his arm around me.

            “Hyung…” I turned around and saw Mark hyung already talking to JB at the back.

We boarded the bus and as I saw Mark hyung walking towards me, Jackson came from behind and sat down next to me.

            “Looks like we’re gonna be bus buddies…” he said grinning from ear to ear.

            “Hyung…” I said and Mark hyung just smiled sitting at the empty seat behind me.

 

Mark:

I was walking towards Jinyoung on the bus when Jackson came out of nowhere and sat next to Jinyoung…that was supposed to be my seat!

            “Hyung…” Jinyoung said with apologetic eyes. I just smiled and head to the empty seat right behind him. At least he was close.

The bus ride seems like forever…I can’t keep my eyes off Jinyoung in front of me…

            “Why don’t you just make your move and get it over with?” JB said whispering at my ears.

            “What do you mean?” I frowned.

            “You and Jinyoung…do you think I don’t see the thing between the two of you?”

            “JB ah…”

I really thought that I was being discreet with my feelings towards Jinyoung but JB did catch on something.

            “How long did you know?” I asked.

            “From the first time I met you…I could see how you looked at him…”

            “And you’re not mad?”

            “Why would I be? You like who you like…whether others can accept or not…so, why don’t you say anything to Jinyoung?”

            “I don’t think he sees me that way…”

            “For real? For a smart guy that has straight A’s, you could be dense sometimes…” JB smiled.

Should I confess to Jinyoung? What if he didn’t feel the same way as I did?

After two hours bus drive, they finally reached Nanji Beach Camping ground. It was a clean, white sandy beach with crystal clear water.

            “Waaahhh…this is awesome!” Jinyoung exclaimed as soon as they hop off the bus.

            “Yeah…it’s gonna be fun…” Mark said looking at the vast sea in front of them.

Jinyoung:

            “Looks like you gonna stuck with me again Jinyoung ah…” Jackson beamed. I just looked at him and smiled. Actually I was glad I didn’t have to share a tent with Mark hyung…that would be a torture. Seeing something you want in front of your eyes but you can’t have it.

We stashed our things inside the tent and get ready to prepare food. I was washing the vegetables at the faucet when Mark hyung came.

            “Want some help?” he said standing next to me.

            “Sure…”

            “Looks like you’re having fun with Jackson…”

I looked at him but he was so absorbed washing the cucumber as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

            “He’s funny…got so much energy as if he had tonnes of energiser bunnies inside him…”

Jackson is one bright person…there’s no dull moments whenever he’s around.

            “I saw that he always had his hands somewhere on you though…”

I turned and he was looking at me. There’s something in his stare that made me shiver. If I was correct, it looks like he was…jealous…

            “He’s touchy feely kinda guy…always been that way…”

 

Mark:

Okay…I was jealous! Every time I saw Jackson putting his hands over Jinyoung I felt like my chest gonna burst any time soon. First he beat me when I tried to sit next to Jinyoung in the bus and now they even shared the tent together…for two whole nights! Can you imagine what’s going on in my mind? Thousands of scenes…thinking about it made me shiver in cold sweat.

            “Um…Jinyoung ah…I heard from JB that there’s…” before I could finish, someone called Jinyoung’s name.

            “Jinyoung ah! What took you so long?” it was Jackson again. “Hey hyung!” he waved at me.

            “Hey…” why did this guy have to be here now? Aishh!!!

            “Let’s go…I’m hungry…” he took the vegetable basket and pulled Jinyoung’s hand away.

I was expecting to spend some quality time with Jinyoung today but nothing is going my way…I’m starting to regret coming to this trip. I should’ve gone somewhere else with Jinyoung alone.

That night…

The boys gathered in front of the campfire.

            “So, I scouted the area today and guess what? There’s a bunch of girls staying at the chalet over there…” JB said pointing his fingers towards the rows of chalet not far from their camping ground.

            “Girls? Sweet!” Jin squealed.

            “And thanks to my exceptional good looks…they agreed to let us come over and have fun with them…” he said with a sly smirk on his face.

            “Yes!” the boys bumping fist with each other.

 

Jinyoung:

I really don’t want to go to the chalet meeting the girls but Jackson insisted that I go. We were walking to the chalet and Mark hyung tapped my shoulder.

            “You okay? You don’t look too good…” he said. I was having a little discomfort…maybe because I ate too much just now.

            “My stomach didn’t feel too good…” I said rubbing my belly.

            “Let’s just go back to the tent…I got some pills in my bag…” Mark hyung got his arm around my shoulder.

            “It’s okay…it’s not that bad…”

We arrived at the chalet and saw the girls gathered around a campfire roasting marshmallows. JB greeted one of them and introduces all of us.

Then…

            “Tuan Yi-En?” a girl came out of nowhere calling Mark hyung’s name. Only the closest to him know that name…

            “Ya Amber Liu!”

The girl leaped onto Mark hyung and hugged him tight.

            “What the hell are you doing here?” She asked as Mark hyung put her down.

            “I’m with my friends…you?”

            “These are my girls from the dance club…oh my god…I can’t believe I’m meeting you here…it’s been like ages…” she hugged him again.

 

Mark:

I can’t believe I met Amber here…she’s one of my closest girlfriends…

            “So, is Jackie here?” I asked as we sat together.

            “Yeah…she just moved from Daegu…she gonna flip if told her I met you…”

Amber and I went to same elementary school and since we’re from the same background, we clicked in instant. She went back to the States just before we started high school and we lost contact ever since.

            “Here…meet my best friend Jinyoung…”

She and Jinyoung shook hands.

            “Hi…I’m Amber…Mark’s best friend back in the days…” she winked.

            “Nice to meet you noona…” Jinyoung said and smiled.

            “Noona? You’re younger than us?” Amber looked at me.

            “Just a year though…”

We talked and I saw Jinyoung already mingling with some of the girls there, laughing and talking.

            “Yaa…he’s cute…” Amber whispered.

            “Who?”

            “Jinyoung…do you think he would want a date a noona?” she stared at me.

            “Are you serious?”

Amber was never the one that made the first move on a guy before…I bet she’s changed over the years.

            “Yeah…he’s cute…and look…” both of us looked at Jinyoung. “Charming…I bet he’s a fun loving guy…and you said that he dance well…you know I always had a thing for dancers…”

Looks like she is serious about asking Jinyoung out.

            “Do you think he’s seeing someone right now?”

            “Amber…are you serious?” I frowned.

            “Hell yeah…dude, is he taken or single?”

            “I dunno…”

            “I thought he was your best friend…you must know…”

            “Well…” what should I say now?

            “Aisshh…I’ll just go and ask him myself…”

As Amber got up, I caught her hand.

            “What?” she looked at me in confusion.

            “There’s something I want to tell you…but I can’t tell you here…”

            “Let’s go somewhere else then…”

I got up and walked with Amber towards a secluded seating area not far from the group.

 

Jinyoung:

            “So, you dance too?” Lulu asked.

            “Yeah…hip hop mostly…”

            “Cool…you could teach me a thing or two then…” she said clasping her hands together. Cute…

            “Sure…why not…”

I looked over and saw Mark hyung and Amber noona walked away together heading somewhere.

            “Aww…Amber unnie finally met a guy…and cute as hell…” one of the girls said.

10 minutes later I saw them coming back holding hands. Suddenly, I felt like dark clouds forming around my head. He looked at her with such loving gaze that I’ve never seen before. I excused myself and went back to my tent.

It’s bad enough that I just lost the man of my dream to another girl…I wasn’t going to witness another lovey dovey scene between Mark hyung and that noona.

 

Sorry for the late update...been busy with my other story....since that one is over, now I have time to concerntrate on this one...lets just hope that I don't get hit by WRITERS' BLOCK!

Please flood the comment box below! Tell me what do you think of this story so far...

ANNYEONG!!!