Ep. 2

Hello Teenager!

      She awoke to the sun slapping her in the face with its bright light. She groaned as she sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes. She smelled food and instantly yelled, "Ma, are you cooking?" in Spanish. She then stopped rubbing her eyes and put her glasses on, realizing that the room was not her own. Then her memories told her what had happened. She took in a deep breath when she understood that her mother definitely was not cooking. She stood up and slipped her feet into her slippers, walking out of the room. She was greeted warmly by the large group of boys. She yawned out a good morning and plopped into a seat at the table. D.O. was busy cooking while the other boys were either watching TV or or busy getting ready for the day.

     "Sleep well, Maria?" Xiumin asked. She nodded softly, his concern bringing up her mood. She relaxed in her seat as the food was brought to the table. Only five people could sit here while the rest had to eat in the living room. Luhan, Xiumin, D.O., and Suho all sat at the table with Maria while the others were sent to the room beside them. Maria was messy as she ate, not being too lady like. The guys did not judge her for they ate in a similar matter. The Korean food had a huge difference from Puerto Rican food, but Maria enjoyed it nonetheless. 

           Once she was done eating like a pig, she rested against the back of her chair. "So what's the plan for today? Lock me in this house all day while you go out and have fun?" Maria asked. She knew fairly well that the boys would not have fun without her, but she did not doubt that they would keep her locked up all day. The boys looked at Suho, the leader of this crazy group, and he nodded. "Actually, since there is so many of us here, we were hoping to bring another teenager into the picture. We can't have you all to ourselves if another member wants you. So today's goal is to figure out where they hid your soon to be sibling." Maria nodded and thought about it. A sibling? I was always an only child. Will I finally be able to know how it feels? her thoughts bounced around.

     She smiled widely and seemed to bounce in her seat. "So when and where do we start? I'm ready!" she shouted. The group laughed and left to their rooms to get changed. Maria threw on her clothes and put her curls into a ponytail before exiting the room. The twelve boys rushed Maria out the house. Maria had to ride with one of workers to take her to where her sibling awaited. The guys had to use clues to figure out where they were. Maria liked the idea of them finally using their brains to figure something out; however, she did not really care for having to go with someone she did not know to somewhere she had no idea where was.

      The drive was not terribly long when they pulled up in front of an arcade mixed in with a cafe to the side. It was like heaven in front of the girl's eyes as she made her way inside. While the boys were to figure out their location, it was Maria's job to figure out which of the teens here was her soon to be sibling. They gave her three hints to start with on who it was. The person was not one hundred percent Korean like herself, this teen spoke three languages fluently, and was around her age. She asked for what languages the sibling spoke, but they only said one was English. She was left in the dark about the other. As Maria walked around, she took notice of every thing and one. The only females here appeared to be too old or too young to be on Hello Teenager, so she figured her new sibling was a guy.

     With this in mind, she walked around speaking English, asking in her first language if she could play a game with them. They all hesitated to answer, and Maria almost gave up when a few boys said sure. She played a shooting game with them and continued to converse in English. She ruled two of the boys out that could not keep up with the conversation and focused on the last two. "Do you speak any other languages?" she asked and one of them nodded. "Si, yo hablo espanol," one replied to the girl. Maria jumped in excitement and began to speak in Spanish to the boy, much to the cameraman's dismay. Maria decided it! This had to be her soon to be brother. In Korean she asked the boy to follow her to where the producers were. He nodded and told his friends he will only be a minute as she grabbed his wrist and pulled him away.

     She asked them if she had found him. It felt like an eternity but they finally said I was correct. She let out a whoo!​ in excitement and hugged her 'brother'. He was her height, thankfully, so hugging him was easy. There were a few  things about him that she dragged out of their conversation earlier. He was fifteen, an SME part time trainee, and had lost his mother in a really bad accident. Maria could relate, so she sympathized with him on the highest level. The two went back to where the boy's friends were so he could say his temporary goodbyes before going to the cafe.

     "So what's your name anyways?" she asked him.

     "Jae. My parents figured it was a common name in all three of my nationalities," he joked. His name was nice, Maria supposed. It was simple and fit him. The boy had very fair skin that Maria found herself adoring. His hair was a light brown and his eyes were a shade of dark hazel. It was cute, he was cute. Maria had to use all her self control to understand that this was her 'brother' now, and not some very cute boy she had permission to flirt with. When she realized she was staring, she quickly looked away and said, "I'm Maria.  My mother had insisted on the name while my father wanted a nice Korean name. It did not end that way."

     Maria shyly sipped on her ice mocha while Jae told her about his life. He was good at dancing, which is why he was a trainee. The friends from the arcade were also trainees. They were not positive, but the company was thinking about placing them in a group together. That fascinated Maria. She had always wanted to be an idol, but she was always in America and had no hope for being in K-Pop. Even if she wanted to be a famous American singer, there were so many wannabes that Maria was the bottom of the barrel. Hello Teenager was her only hope now. "That's pretty awesome," she told Jae. he shrugged and drank his drink as well.

     When she noticed he was focused on chugging the drink down, she decided to scare him. She lightly kicked his leg beneath the table, making him jump. Maria laughed but he quickly kicked her back. She jokingly pouted as she kicked him again. Then a war of kicking broke out beneath the table, and they were laughing their heads off as they used tricks to kick the other person.

     "You look more like an immature couple then siblings," a deep voice said from behind her. She turned to see some of the members walking over. Chanyeol plopped himself on the seat beside her, sizing the boy up. "Watch it, loverboy. Maria is too innocent for you to taint." His serious expression cracked as he began to grin largely. "I'm just jokin'. But seriously, stop the crap, both of you."

     "Yes, appa," Maria joked, and Chanyeol poked her cheek as the other members filed in around them, pulling chairs and table over to sit beside them. Maria looked around and noticed a few members were missing. "Tao and Kai did not win the challenge, so they were left behind. I bet Kai will be excited about having a brother," Suho stated. The boys all agreed and began to eat the food that had been preordered. They stuffed their faces, including Jae, but she quietly picked and poked. She usually was a big eater, but her heart was not in it today. Perhaps it was just nerves?

     Once the food was shoved down our throats, everyone began to clean up. Maria waited outside, breathing in the fresh air. After what felt like an eternity, the boys must have been bonding with their younger brother, they all finally came outside. We all got in our vehicles. Exo went in their vans while Jae and Maria were forced to take a workers car.

     "So, how do you feel about having a sibling?" they asked Maria, the cameraman from the front seat filming them. She shrugged and tried to think of a valid answer the company would love. "It is different. I never had a brother before, so I'm hoping Jae works out well. I also hope I am a good enough sister for him."

     Jae let out an 'aww' before pinching her cheeks. "That was so adorable. How are you only a year younger than me? That was too cute!" he kept saying. Maria blushed like crazy and tried to pull his hands of her cheeks. He laughed and finally let go. "I grew up with an older brother, so Exo I can easily adjust to. My mother passed away so I never really had a female in the house. It is going to take a lot for me to grow use to Maria."

     The rest of the ride was full of simple questions about how we feel about this new ordeal. They avoided questions about Maria's parents or Jae's mother but tried real hard to ask something about it. As soon as the car parked in front of the large house, Maria jumped out and dashed up the stairs and into the living room. Escaping the producers was best at the moment.

     Exo M was already there, watching TV and chatting. Kris informed us that Exo K was out getting groceries. Maria sat on the floor and leaned against the couch. They began watching some random movie, passing around blankets and pillows to insure maximum comfort. Maria ended up snuggling up against Luhan on the floor, Jae on her other side. The movie turned out to be really scary, and Kris kept screaming at every jump scare. The only really calm one was Xiumin, and Chen seemed pretty chill too. They scared the crap out of poor Maria more than the movie due to their heartless appearance. EXO K walked in halfway through the movie, putting the bags away and joining them in the living room. 

     Jae somehow ended up cuddling with Maria and Luhan somehow, but they did not complain. This was some scary stuff. The producers loved the interactions between all of them, eating up every last hug they all gave each other. Let the ships sail as the fandom says, the members obviously showing some fanservice for the sake of the fangirls. Once the movie was over, Maria refused to stand. 

     Jae kept teasing her for being such a baby, in which she responded with a "Cállate!" Jae laughed at her random Spanish, in which told him to shut up. He helped pull her to her feet. Sleeping arrangements were made for Jae and they all headed off to bed.

     Meanwhile, Kris, Suho, and Jae shared a room. The two older men sat the younger down on his bed and began to have a very serious talk with him.

     "We heard about your mother. Our sincere condolences. We hope that here in Hello Teenager you can find happiness. You see, Maria is missing her parents as well. You may be a big part in her life, and we ask that you help us in making her life just as special. Can you do that for us?" Suho requested of the boy. Jae slowly nodded in response. Kris grinned and added on to what his fellow leader had stated. "We are all a big family. Don't you dare for a second think we won't look out for you guys."

     With their conversation finished, another begins.

     "Maria, I know it is hard not having any other females around. Are you okay?" Luhan worriedly asked, sitting on the side of her bed. He planned on making that a habit of his. The girl grinned in response and told him she was fine. Luhan did not believe it. "If you ever feel like you need someone to talk to, I am here for you okay? I want to be your closest appa, the others can go away for all I care."

      This brought a giggle out the girl, and the guy felt relieved. He wanted Maria to be happy because life here was not at all easy. He was glad she can find happiness somehow. "Alright, sleep well. Call me if you need anything," he told her, tucking her in and then quietly leaving the room. Sehun stood waiting for him, a knowing smile on his face. "You are only being nice so that she can say you were her favorite father. You wait. You have an enemy now. The other guys already admitted they wanted to win Jae's heart. It's just me, you, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol fighting for Maria. You got quite the competition."

     This was a conversation had earlier at the grocery store. The boys had all decided who they were going to fight for. Having a younger brother seemed to be more important than a sister to the other members. Sehun only chose Maria because the Jae boat was too crowded. Now that he knows Luhan wants to be number one, he suddenly has an all new interest. He was going to beat Luhan at something, and that was Maria.

_______________________________

So yeah. I plan drama for the next chapter. Also, SUPER SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FAST ENOUGH!!!! I had writers block. That aside high five you for taking the time to read this! You are awesome, my friend! 


Leave a comment! I heart all my haters and fans!

Love Fornever,
Luna