Ep. 1

Hello Teenager!

     Her name is Maria Lanore, and a week ago her parents died. They were driving down a quiet country rode, laughing about the little things. They had come here to spend the summer with her parent's old friends. Her mother's phone began to ring and instantly went to the Bluetooth in their truck.

     "Hello?" asked a woman's voice through the truck's speakers. Her mother replied with a hi, and the two women got into a conversation over which roads to take to reach the lady's house. Her father was listening intently; so intently that he had not seen the deer that had run out into the road.

     Maria's family had always been animal lovers, so it was instinct to swerve away. Even if it did save the poor creature's life, the truck had lost control. They slipped into the woods beside the road and crashed into a huge tree. Maria was in the backseat so she was mostly unhurt. Her parents, however, were not as fortunate.

     To this day, Maria is not sure where she found the strength to grab her phone and call the ambulance, or even stay conscious as she waited for them to arrive. She distinctly remembers shaking her parents shoulders wildly and asking to wake up already, and getting upset when they ignored her.

     As soon as she saw the blaring lights of the white-box vehicle she knew that she could stop fighting her powerful need to rest. Even though she wanted to embrace that dark sleep, Maria found it very difficult to. She felt the hands pull her away from the truck and onto the gurney, and she remembers being put into the ambulance. Thinking back to this memory, Maria realizes how foolish she was, asking if the deer had survived.

     After sleeping for a very long time in the hospital and being taken care of, the news of her parents death had reached her. It was painful to hear, and Maria begged for them to say they were lying to her. It was not a lie. Maria was alone now. Her mother was dead, her father was dead, and she had no clue about her other family members.

     Her parent's friend was soon coming to pick up Maria. She had no clue why the woman bothered with the girl; she was only fourteen and had no real reason in life now. Her family was gone, and she was all alone. She sighed and dragged her bags along with her as she walked; the hospital managed to get their hands on it so she had some clothing with her.

     She waited outside the hospital doors for them to arrive. Only a week has passed from he parents death, and now she is being forced to live with strangers. She scrolled through her phone, her friends texting her jokes; they were oblivious to what happened to her. Instead of being depressing and telling them what happened, she replied to all of them with forced happiness. She wasn't ready to accept what had happened to her yet.

     She was so distracted by her phone that she had not noticed the red van that pulled up in front of her. A woman stepped out, her eyes red and puffy, her hair slightly messy, and a warm smile on her face. She hugged Maria tightly in such a comforting way. That is what Maria needed, someone to hug her. The woman let her go and said, "Hello, little one. I am Miss May. Your mother's friend."

     She stared at the lady for a minute before finding her voice. "You here to take me to an orphanage or something?" Maria asked her, void of emotion; though she looked heartless, just the thought of not having her family be with her tore her heart into shreds. The woman laughed and whispered warmly, "Even better."

     She was confused by the statement. She furrowed her brow and gave the woman a questioning look. "I talked with my cousin. This new show needs a girl like you in it. Your brave, little one, and yor mother told me so many stories about you," she mumbled on about things Maria could care less for. "The important thing is that you speak Korean. Your father taught you well. That is the key factor in getting you into this. Give me an honest answer alright?"

     Maria slowly nodded in response to the woman. She continued. "Your father told me you were in love with Hello Baby the instant you saw it. Well...they have created a new show. Hello Teenager. How would you like to be on TV show?" she asked her. Maria was in shock. She was being given too much information to accept in the short time she had. She dd not want to fight it anymore. What else did she have to live for at this point? "Okay," Maria replied. "I'll go on the show."

     Miss May was more than excited as she placed the young girl's bags in the back of the van. She then opened the door for Maria to hop in, and she did just that. The drive was silent, and Maria hadn't a clue as to wher ethey were going. "Miss May, isn't Hello Teenager in Korea?" she asked her. The older woman laughed softly, ruffling Maria's dark brown curly hair. The girl was half Puerto Rican from her mother's side, and half Korean from her father's side. She got combination of both traits: she had curly brown hair, pretty round brown eyes, and light tan skin to match. eing part Puerto Rican had its perks, seeing as how she was the mocha color all year round and did not have to worry about sunburn or any other gross skin problems.

     "Yes, it is little one. I bought our tickets before hand, so even if you said no I still had to take you with me. In some way, I am your temorary legal gaurdian," Miss May answered her. Maria let out a shy oh, the rest of the ride drove in complete silence. Maria pulled out her phone again, getting back into the vibe of being happy. She scrolled to her best friend's texting thread and sent an excited, "AHH!! Guess what, boo boo kins? I'm going to Korea! :D"

     The reply back was quick. "Don't joke, Mar! You've wanted this since like...forever XD"

     Maria smiled at the text. "Not joking! I'm heading to the airport now. Don't miss me too much, kay boo?"

     "Already am, gorgeous. Love ya <3 Skype me when you get there!" her friend replied. Maria smiled softly; her friend was like a sister to her, she needed people like that in her life. The girl was so obsorbed in talking to her friend that she had not realized they were already at the airport. The two females went through the whole airport process, and finally borded the airplane. The girl plopped down on her seat and quickly put her headphones on, drowning out the world as she tried to fall asleep. "At least asleep I can dream about happier things," she though to herself.

     Pop! Her earbuds were pulled out of her ears. "Listen, Maria. I know your life more than itself, but I need you to listen. This show opportunity was offered to you because you have no mother or father now. These boys are here to help you, and hell, you might even be helping them. Just stay strong, alright? You like K-Pop don't you?"

     Maria kind of shrunk in her seat as Miss May yelled at her, but the question about the music genre caught her attention. "I-I guess," she answered. "Then you should know about Exo!" Miss May inferred, excited about the whole ordeal. Maria nodded, and then everything clicked in her head. Exo was to become her fathers. All twelve boys were going to momentarily raise her.

     Maria gazed out her window as she thought about it all. She did not know the boys too well, but she did know that they were ridiculously popular. She was not sure if she should be excited or scared; maybe even both. It was to be a new life, something much more different than her boring everyday past. She was going to be on TV, live with a famous boyband, and start a whole new life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The boys were tld about their new show only two days ago. At the moment, they were sitting in the house they were going to live in soon enough. It was spacious, seeing as how twelve males were to be crammed into it. They were filming the first episode. They had just been asked about how they feel about raising a teenager.

     "I feel excited. Having a younger sibling around..uh might bring up everybody's mood and...yeah," Kris told the group. D.O. nodded, agreeing fullheartedly. "I'm curious as to what the teenager's gender may be. I mean, I have no problem with girls but they might bring too much drama," he stated, making a point that all the members agreed to.

     They were then asked questions about teenagers that they were to answer. The questions revolved arund the kids mannerisms, their way of speaking, and what could be done to keep them happy. Kai and Sehun, being the youngest, answered the questions easier than the others. The group joked about the difficulties they may face. "What do you think the teenager's gender is?" they were asked. They mostly answered boy with the exception of Chanyeol and D.O. who both wanted a girl. They were then asked the age.

     "Fifteen!" Sehun called. "Thirteen!" followed Lay. "Seventeen!" yelled Luhan. They were not given the answer. Exo got into a small fight about what the teenager's age and gender could be. They were then interrupted with, "What is its ethnicity?" The boys had not thought the teenager could be anything other than Korean, but they realized that it is not a child they are working with. They are getting a teenager who has had plenty of years to learn another language.

     They guessed the basics. Korean, Chinese, American. Exo could not guess, for the life of them, a hispanic. So when they were told the teenager would be arrving in an hour, they were flustered. They rushed to make sure the home was clean and that all the rooms were in check. The teenager was to get a room to themself just in case it was a girl. Knocking filled the house, everyone hushing. Suho took the innitiative to go open the door. A woman with a bright smile stepped inside. Exo recognised her as their manager's cousin.

     She made the boys sit in front of he rin the living room to have an important talk with them. "Now listen. The child you are getting has gone through a tough situation. The teenager's parents have passed away only a week ago. This little one has a small heart that could be crushed easily, so take it easy. Be nice, and tkae good care of them. I will be checking in to insure the little one's mental state every so now and then. If you thought taking care of a teenager lone is tough, try one who hates socializing," she informed them, walking back towards the door.

     She grabbe dthe hand of someone behind the door and softly pulled them in. Chanyeol lept to his feet as the small girl walked into the living room. "I knew it was a girl!" he yelled, D.O. quite happy with the results as well. Miss May laughed softly at the boy's reactions as she pulledaria over to the couch and sat her down. "Introduce yourself," Miss May told her as she walked out of the house and far far away from Maria. She cleared and looked at the twelve men before her.

     "H-hi," she mumbled out. Luhan smiled warmly at her. She cleared again and continued. "I am Maria. I am fourteen years old, and my ethnicity is Puerto Rican and Korean." The boys nodded at her introduction, Lay and Sehun proud of themselves for guessing close to her right age. Maria smiled at them, but it felt forced. She was surrounded by strangers and did not like it.

     Exo chose this moment to introduce themselves as well. They did their group introduction, which made Maria laugh softly, and then went into seperate greetings. She stored their names in he rhead, but it was difficult trying to remember twelve names at once. She figured she will remember over time. The large group of people noticed it was late and decided it was best to go to bed now and pick up episode two when they wake up.

     With this in mind, Maria was rushed to her new room. They decided tomorrow'w episode would be about them buying things for her and her room. It was plain white at the moment. After she changed into pajamas shelopped on her bed and let out a sigh. Luhan knocked on her door and she yelle dfor him to come in. He entered and smiled at her as he sat on he rbed. "I know this is a lot for you to handle at the moment. If you ever feel stressed or need someone to cry to, come to me. None of the other appas will listen as well as I do," he joked. Maria laughed softly and snuggled down into her bed. Luhan tucked her blanket in around her and almost turned off the lamp when Maria yelled, "No!"

    He looked at her with a confused expression, then understanding dawned on his face. He laughed loudly as he walked to the door. He opened it wide and yelled, "Everyone! Our little Maria is scared of the dark!" Maria nearly through her pillow at him but he was already out the door and closing it. She huffed and closed her eyes. This was going to be the most dfficult thing she has ever had to adapt to.

_______________________________

Hello! Thanks for reading, anyone who decided to! Feedback would be awesome, and stuff like that. I would appreciate any ideas as well. I'm going to make this story sorta kinda similar to SHINee's Hello Baby =P But yeah, thanks for reading!

Love Fornever,
Luna