Jealous Much?

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tao-yah… tell me honestly, is Sun Ji dating someone?” Minseok suddenly asked his cousin who was in the middle of lifting a dumbbell. He almost dropped the dumbbell when he heard that. “She’s dating someone?!” he looked at Minseok.

“I’m not really sure. These days, she looks so happy” Minseok answered. “But isn’t she normally like that?” Tao answered while wiping his sweat.

“Should I ask Jong In? He might know something… or maybe Seyeon or Jae Young? Am I being very protective by doing that?” Minseok hesitated on dialling the numbers on his phone.

“Hyung… you really are protective…we all are…I’m just wondering. Jong In---…uhmmm…” Tao stopped. “Why? What’s with him?” Minseok looked at him – intrigued. “Do you like Jong In for her?” Tao directly asked.

Minseok fell into a deep thought. Tao knew that Jong In was feeling something – more than just friendship, for his cousin. He was also aware that Chanyeol was feeling the same. Looking at how they act when she’s around, it’s not hard for him to get a grip of the situation.

“Honestly? I do like him for her…” Minseok confessed. “I knew him for a long time. And he’s a good kid. I know I can trust him…” he continued. “How about Chanyeol hyung?” Tao added. Minseok looked at him with his ‘what-did-you-say’ expression.

Minseok did not see that coming. “Chanyeol?” he asked as he scratched the back of his neck. “Why Chanyeol?” Minseok locked his gaze on his panda cousin. “I’m just asking…” Tao answered.

“Don’t tell me…you know something…” Minseok went near him. “O-oh? I don’t know anything…I’m innocent about such stuff…” Tao tried to excuse himself but Minseok did not let that slide.

*This is going to be long talk…baby panda…tell me everything…*

 

Junmyeon can’t stand what he was witnessing. Sena was happily talking to a guy at the café. *What are they talking for so long?* he looked at his watch then sipped some coffee. *Look at her laugh…* he pouted then looked away.

Some group of girls smiled shyly at him. He smiled back. He stood. “Ah really?” he heard Sena shyly asked the guy. The guy looked at him as he approached them. Junmyeon looked at her with his bored expression.

“Who?...” the guy looked at Sena. “Ah…he’s---” Sena tried to introduce him. “I’m her boyfriend…” Junmyeon held his hand for a handshake. The guy obviously was surprised.

Sena can’t believe her ears. The girls who were listening were shocked. They are officemates of Sena and obviously fangirls of Junmyeon. Junmyeon had this genuine smile on his face.

“Ah…I don’t know she has a boyfriend…nice to meet you…” the guy accepted the handshake. *I don’t know either…* Sena was looking at Junmyeon.

“Ah…that’s because we just started going out last week…” he explained. Sena was about to talk when he slung his arm over her shoulders. “Right?” he smiled at her. Sena just stared at him. “I’m Kim Junmyeon…” he formally introduced himself.

“Jung Yonghwa…” the guy introduced himself. “But…you really are her boyfriend?” Yonghwa asked. “Yes…” he nodded. “What do you like about her?” Yonghwa asked again. *What’s this guy’s problem? He really does not know how to give up…*Junmyeon asked himself.

“All about her…And her mischievousness…do you know that she kept a picture of me from high school? Isn’t that cute of her?” he grinned. Yonghwa looked at Sena with an ‘is-that-true?’ look. Sena wryly smiled then lowered her head.

“Let’s just go…” Sena whispered. “We should probably be going…” Junmyeon said goodbye to Yonghwa. “Okay…Sena-yah…I’ll contact you…” Yonghwa smiled at her. Sena just nodded.

“How could you lie like that?” Sena asked him while walking away from the café. He did not answer. “Do you know what you just did?!” she stopped walking. “I was waiting for you for hours but you were just there talking and giggling with him…do you think I would like to just look at the two of you?” Junmyeon looked at her.

“He’s my cousin for Pete’s sake!!!” Sena burst. “What?” he asked in disbelief. “Jung Yonghwa…Jung Sena…can’t you decipher that?!” she asked in irritation. “There are many Jungs in Korea! How could I know that?! Am I some kind of a shaman or a fortune teller?!” he also yelled.

“Why are you yelling?!” she was more irritated this time. “Because I was jealous!” he answered. She blinked quickly. “What?” she mumbled. “I was jealous…pabo-yah…” he repeated.

“Can’t you really tell that? Just tell me if I should stop right now…So that I won’t be expecting so much…” he looked straight at her eyes. “Stop…” she answered. Junmyeon’s world just crumbled.

*Stop? So…that’s your answer…I should stop…*

 

Seyeon can’t still forget Sun Ji’s pale face. It has been a week since ‘that’ happened. She still doesn’t know the reason why she acted like ‘that’. Jong In brought Sun Ji home and he really was worried about her. *There are many things that I still don’t know about her…* she sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter