Getting Closer

What is Love? (사랑은 무엇인가?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That’s right! I heard that their family owns the Royal Group” one girl said to her friend. Sun Ji stopped right in front of their classroom’s door. “My parents said that I should befriend her. Ahhh…If I was that rich, I would not even bother coming to school” her friend sighed.

“I know right. I should start talking to her. My parents cut off my card. There was a limited edition perfume that I wanted to buy. It’s so irritating” she complained. “Maybe she can buy it for you…”

“Do you think so?” she asked again. “Of course, what can she do with her money?” she hit her friend’s arm then they started laughing.

She was silently listening. She wanted to runaway but she cannot move her feet. Someone covered her ears from behind. She turned around. 

“Jong In-ah…” her voice was weak. She felt her cheeks burning. “Are you going to keep standing here?” he asked her. “Oh?” she asked absent-mindedly. “Stupid…Let’s go” he took her hand then walked away.

Seyeon looked at them walk away. She was there the whole time, listening to what their classmates were talking about.

 

“I’m okay” she pulled her hand from his grasp when they reached the rooftop. “Yeah right” he scoffed. He sighed. “It’s not the first time anyway” she looked at him. “Then…you’re planning of just standing there like a fool and let them talk about you like that?” he lost his temper.

“I’m sorry. You always end up doing things like this…” she looked down. “Seriously, I don’t know what I’ll do with you” he scratched his head. She walked near the railings. “Yah…yah…yah…what are you doing to do? Don’t even think of jumping down…” he was startled.

She let go of a deep sigh. “Do I look that weak? I’m Sun Ji, you don’t know?” she looked at him with a smile.*That’s it Sun Ji-ah…don’t let them put you down…smile, you’re strong* she said to herself. “I’m really going to die from heart attack if I stay close to you…” he sighed.

 

She was taking her book out from her bag when someone put a box of chocolates on top of her desk. It was one of the girls talking about her a while ago. “My brother bought it from France. It’s delicious. It’s a gift to welcome you…although it’s kinda late” she explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter