Chapter Three

Polka Dotted

 

“It’s been happening a lot lately, so we thought we should bring her back.”

“Well she’s experiencing memory flashbacks. Something she might have seen, touched, or felt probably triggered her memory causing her to involve in headaches and black outs. Though I should say this is good news, try not to let her push it too much. Trying to remember beyond her limit will cause serious injuries and may be irreversible in the future, Ms. Kim.”

“Thank you, and we will.”

I sighed and turned back to the girl sleeping quietly on the hospital bed. It’s been almost two days since Liyin passed out, causing all of us to panic. She was never asleep this long.

“Hey, how is she?” Bora quietly entered the room and placed the fruits she brought onto the table.

“Memory flashbacks. That‘s what caused her to pass out,” I fell onto the couch and grabbed the apple from the fruit basket.

“What? Was she trying to remember?”

“Yeah. He said something that she heard, saw, or felt triggered her memory to forcefully remember,” I paused when I remembered what I heard while we were bringing her to the hospital. “Say, do you know anyone name Junsu?”

“Hm, yeah. Of course. He’s like super famous. Dong Bang Shin Ki was it? He’s one of the members. Why?”

I stared at her weirdly before shaking off the impossible thought that emerged.

“She mumbled ‘Junsu’ when we were bringing her here. I thought she was saying something else. I mean, it’s impossible that she has connections with a famous singer, right? No, not possible at all. Then I wonder who the Junsu she was referring to…” I glanced at the sleeping figure and turned back to Bora who shrugged.

“Maybe it is possible, Steph. You don’t know. When we brought her home with us, she didn’t even remember her past. We don’t even know it ourselves.”

“Are you listening to what you’re saying?” I glared at her. “Kim Junsu. Xiah Junsu. And Liyin? Think it through. It’s not possible that they know each other. Dong Bang Shin Ki doesn’t even know their fans exist individually. What more is an innocent girl like Liyin?”

She chewed on the apple as she stared at me blankly, unknown that she was obviously mocking me.

“Like I said, we don’t know her past. Geez, Stephanie. If you want, I can ask Junsu myself. They’re apparently coming to Gwangju for some charity concert. Wouldn’t hurt to blurt out a girl’s name in front of him, would it?”

I looked at her in disbelief, mindful of the fact that she wasn’t hearing herself at all.

“If you want the girl six feet under, then of course. God, Bora, shut up. You’re not helping at all. You know what, just forget about it. I’ll just ask Liyin myself when she wakes up.”

***

“Yah, yah, yah! What the hell happened to your hands?”

I winced at Yunho’s booming voice. Damn it, I knew I should have put the gloves on before the jacket.

“It’s nothing, hyung.”

“Nothing?! Bandaged hands with blood seeping through is nothing? We have a performance and you have jacked up hands! Talk, Junsu. Now.

I sighed and made eye contact with Yunho. Since when did he start being annoying? No, wait. Since when did all of the members start to be so annoying? Why have they been asking so many unnecessary questions?

“I just…did too many punches on the punching bag. Bruised my knuckles and all. I’m fine. I’ll be fine. It’s not like I’m going to hold the mike anyway. “

“Unbelievable,” he snorted. God, Yunho is starting to act like a princess. “Whatever. Fix that up after the performance. And will you please look after yourself more? You’ll worry everyone around you.”

“Yeah, yeah. I will. Thanks for the concern, hyung,” I waved him off.

“Nope, that will definitely trail down your hand. The blood, I mean,” BoA suddenly comes out of nowhere and grabs my injured hands gently.

“Noona—“

“Come, let’s fix it you up before you perform. Trust me, the last thing you need is your fans worrying about you.  And we need to talk,” she interrupts as she pulled me out of our dressing room and leaving the other members dumbfounded.

“What is it?” I asked while she began to un-wrap the used bandages.

“I should be the one asking the questions here,” she frowned at my injuries. “Too many punches on the punching bag? How lame can you get?”

I scoffed as I glared at her.

“C’mon BoA, it’s Yunho. He’ll believe anything.”

“Don’t tell me you stupidly punched some rough wall last night,” she paused when I looked away, avoiding her questioning stare. “Now confirmed, tell me the reason why?”

“It was nothing—“ I winced when she dabbed the alcohol onto my hand too deeply. “Okay, okay. Just…I was annoyed. Confused and mad. I don’t know, I wasn’t thinking straight, first instinct was to let it out on the wall.”

“You really do think this girl is alive, don’t you?” She said gently, wrapping a new pair of bandages on.

I felt myself stiffen then relaxed. I had to tell her. There were too many emotions bottling up inside me at once, if I don’t say anything to anyone, I might go insane.

“Yes…Yes I do. Noona, you believe me right? You know I’m not making this up, right?”

BoA smiled gently and placed her hands on mine, assuring that I wasn’t alone.

“Of course I do, Junsu. I mean look at you, your hands. I know you wouldn’t hurt yourself unless you were serious. I believed you from the beginning.”

“I want find her. I want to find her, BoA. Will you help me?”

“I’ll see what I can do. If you really think she’s alive, then we’ll find her. Just don’t hurt yourself anymore, okay? And I mean emotionally too. I think I’ve dealt with enough broken people,” she laughed as she pulled me up to my feet.

“You’re the best,” I smiled gratefully.

“Of course, I’m BoA. I’m always the best!” She joked. “Jang RiIn, was it?"

I paused and nodded weakly.

“Yeah…Jang RiIn. The girl I fell in love with.”