Meet Mr Silent Guy

Prologue

 

“That’s right. It’s 200,000 won monthly rent. No. Not 300,000 won.” He was almost shouting because the guy on the other line was having a hard time hearing.  A picture of Maldives suddenly entered his mind.

“Yes, that’s actually 300,000 won, not 200,000.”

Doojoon was talking to another person interested in renting a room. They were talking for about 10 minutes already. The guy on the phone sounded really kind, except that he has poor listening skills.

“Okay, thank you. I will move in late this afternoon.”, said the person on the other line.

“Do you need help? If you’ll be coming from your town, that’d be a 5 hour drive going here.  That’s quite a long drive.”

“It’s okay. I can handle it. I don’t have much stuff anyway.”

“Alright. This is Doojoon by the way. What’s your name again?”

“Jang HyunSeung.”

******

It was almost past five in the afternoon when someone opened the front door. He peeked from the side of the kitchen to see who it was.

“Doojoon hyung! I have someone interested in renting the other room.” Yoseob exclaimed from the door.

Doojoon was surprised for a moment. He looked at the guy standing next to Yoseob. He looked like he was Yoseob’s age. He studied the guy carefully and decided that he does not like this guy. For one, the guy has more muscles than he has. Secondly, if their face is like a soccer game, the score is 4-1, the other guy getting the most goals and him getting 1. He’ll get a lady but this guy will get four. Hmm… Yoseob, JunHyung, Hyunseung…and this man? That’ll make 5 guys in one house. Nah! Four is enough.

He was still deep in his thoughts when someone just popped out from the front door. The guy was tall and good-looking, his expression was kind of stoic. He was carrying 2 handcarried bags and a backpack.

“Excuse me, I’m looking for Doojoon.”

Yoseob and Gi Kwang turned to the man’s direction. Doojoon clapped his hands and laughed when he recognized the voice.

“Omo! Our Hyunseung is here! Come in, come in!” He sounded excited.

“Hey, this is Yoseob, he lives in this house, too. Yoseob, this will be the guy occupying the second room. Hyunseung.”

“Hyung, my friend here Gi Kwang needs a place to stay, too. Can you accept him here as well?”

“Ah Yoseob-ah. Mianhe. But I already accepted Hyun Seung earlier. We only have three rooms and apparently, all the rooms are now occupied,” explained Doojoon.

HyunSeung was just looking at Yoseob and Doojoon. Then he glanced at the guy beside Yoseob. He was pouting like a child being scolded by his parents. Hyun Seung could not suppress a small laugh. Then he spoke, “I wouldn’t mind sharing a room.”

All heads turned to Hyun Seung.

“No need to be nice, I’m sure our Gi Kwang here fully understands,” said Doojoon.

Yoseob gave Gi Kwang a glare. He was like telling him to do something. And then it hit him – his last ditch effort.

“Oh really. Okay, I’ll just leave then. It’s just too bad I was thinking if I could live here, then I can sign you up for LGK Gym and Wellness Center for free, VIP treatment of course.”, Gi Kwang said acting as if he was about leave.

…….

“Mworago? LGK Gym, you say? That first class fitness club in the city? Free membership with VIP treatment?” Doojoon said with a hint of panic in his voice.

Yoseob and Gi Kwang smirked. “Gi Kwang’s parents own LGK Fitness Club,” said Yoseob, triumph was written all over his face. Yoseob was shaking his head as he continued to chuckle. He knew Doojoon is a nice person but he definitely seems to like the ‘landlord” position.

Doojoon cleared his throat. “If HyunSeung wants to share a room with Gi Kwang then I think I cannot do anything about that. Gi Kwang and Hyun Seung, your room is on the right. And I will need your ID’s for security purposes. Since you’ll be sharing a room, it’ll be 200,000 won each.”

Hyun Seung and Gi Kwang both paid the amount and showed Doojoon their IDs. Then they proceeded to their rooms. 

 

________________________________

A/N: LOL! The titles are crappy, sorry. I am not good at creating titles. Enjoy!