02- Chapter 2

Shattering Hearts

I was hiding something and he knows, he can totally see through me, as in, my mind. Well well well, I was actually .. panicking.

I didn't know why I was so nervous all of a sudden. Seeing Kris was a good idea I guess? With Jongdae beside me asking loads of questions I was dying to ignore, he eventually grabbed my arm and looked into my eyes. I dodged and prevented eye contact with him.

"What's with you? Do you know Kris from before?"

"No? Why do you say so?"

"Ruyi, I know you well enough. Just a quick reminder, you're not good in lying." he chuckled.

"Urggh, can't you just stop asking? I don't even know why I reacted that way, and I obviously know you understand me the most. I am not going to tell you that the way Kris looked at me made my heart beat faster, and of course, I am never going to tell you I actually felt that small little electric shock when I looked at him in the eyes, like, god, his eyes are so pretty?!" I was talking too fast, I didn't even realize I said it loud enough for Jongdae to hear. Pabo Ruyi indeed.

"Well, that didn't take much effort for you to admit. Wow, Ruyi. How retarded are you going to be?"

"A retard always has another retarded friend who can understand her well, and that retard is you. Let's go." I held him by the arm and skipped my way downhill, humming to our favorite song, Moonlight by EXO.

On our bus ride to the restaurant, my whole mind is filled with Kris. Damn it. There must be something wrong with me, I should stop thinking of him, I really should. Three bus stops passed, and we're going to alight at the next bus stop. The thoughts and images of Kris in my mind never disappeared since I got on the bus, never. And I'm getting worried. Don't you ever tell me I'm falling for him, please? Is this what it feels like to be in love? Or is it just purely treating him as my eye-candy? God, I desperately need help.

"Get off the bus, d*mbass."

Jongdae waved his hands so fast I can't even react properly and it was in front of my eyes. I immediately stood up and hit my head against the edge of the bus. I totally forgot that there is this space for passengers to keep their bags at the top of their seats, just like in the airplanes. 

"Ouch. It really hurts, you retard. Stop making me scared, I'll get hurt even more on myself." I rolled my eyes as we alighted at the bus stop. There is still 15 minutes walk from the bus stop to the restaurant, and I unknowingly mentioned about Kris. Don't ask me why because I want to know too.

"Can I ask you something? Promise me you won't laugh or tease me?" 

"Sure, I'll listen to you and decide again if I want to laugh."

"A*shole. So, W-what do you think of Kris? From your guy's perspective please." My lips were trembling and I was totally unaware. Maybe it's just me feeling cold, but it's summer for god's sake. Oh, it rained yesterday morning, yes it must be the rain. 

"Can you calm your t*ts. Look, I haven't talked to him yet, I only greeted him, and from that, I think I could say that he's a pretty friendly person? As a guy's perspective." Jongdae saw my trembling lips and was massaging my shoulder while walking. How nice to have a friend like him. He's irreplaceable. 

However, I noticed his reaction when I shot the question. Did he seem surprised? Well, kinda predictable since it hasn't been a day since I met Kris and now I am here talking about him? Oh dear. This isn't good, definitely. I keep assuring myself that I would never get associated with Kris in any way, other than having a Chairperson-Student-Classmates kind-of relationship, or is that friendship? And nothing is going to happen between us. I tell myself over and over again to make sure I remember that. 

The day went by like that, with me zoning out every 20 minutes if nobody talks between me and Jongdae. Hell, it was damn awkward even though he is my best friend. I shouldn't have asked him about Kris. Regretting isn't my style anyway, let's just forget about it. Soon, dinner at the restaurant and small catch-up session were done, and we found ourselves at my doorsteps.

"Thanks for the treat retard! It'll be my turn next time! Don't even snatch with me! See what you did to the waitress today because you're so busy snatching to pay the bill? You've got apple juice all over her Jongdae, you're such a burden." I laughed while expressing my gratitude.

"Thank goodness, she's a nice lady. Are pretty ladies always this nice? No problem, I will pay for your meals even in the future, you little , don't snatch." he was pointing his index finger right on my forehead and I was kinda restricted in my movements for 2 seconds. Yeah, reasons why I love Jongdae. He's such a kind and sincere guy who knows how to treat women right. I'll see who is the lucky woman to marry him. 

I laughed at own thoughts and turned back to see him leaving. He looked so happy, and so am I. Who wouldn't be happy if they get free meals? -winks- I prepared my stuff for school tomorrow and plopped into bed after a long and refreshing hot bath.

"Kris.. Kris.. Kris.. I'll see you tomorrow." I mumbled as I fell into deep sleep.

 


A/N: Hello readers! How do you find the story so far? Peek-a-boo! There are going to be unexpected things that will happen in the future chapters. T_T Please bear with me and also comment, subscribe and upvote! I'll get more motivation to update and write a better chapter! 

taobokki