Sweet Coincidence

Clueless Romance

It was Sunday, exactly seven o’clock in the morning where all people were resting and busy doing their own private stuffs on their single free day of the week.

Well, Most of….

Except for the employees of the most popular in town, the Sweet Delight Bakeshop

Where Son Naeun and her best friend Kim Namjoo were working as a part time worker only in Saturday and Sunday because of their school schedule

The narrow, pink door opens as the chimes clings together at the top, produces some sweet melodic noises in which Naeun stops baking her new experiment cheesecake.

“Anneyeong Haseyo! Where is the best future pastry chef here?”  Namjoo enters the shop and place her bag at the counter.

“Here!”  Naeun raises up her hands full of flour that makes some powders fall down on the floor.

“But you forget something Namjoo- ah.” She pouts her lips while creasing her eyebrows.

Namjoo raises one of her eyebrows and gave her a questionable look. “What?”

“I’m not just the best future pastry chef here; I’m also the smart, most beautiful and y pastry chef in the world!” Naeun said triumphantly.

She encircles Naeun who gives her a doubtful look and she stops right in front of Naeun’s face.

“I could agree that you are smart, you have an ant size waist and I’m jealous about that.”

Naeun snickers a little bit on her best friend sudden confession but then Namjoo glares at her.

“But… You’re more beautiful only if….”  Namjoo suddenly pull out Naeun’s black eyeglasses in which everything became blurry on her vision.

“Yah! Give me back my eyeglasses! I can’t see Kim Namjoo!”

Namjoo sticks out her tongue as she went in on the kitchen area where Naeun starts to run after her.

“Come back here! You little brat!”

“Well catch me if you can see… I mean … if you can…”  Namjoo laughs out loud while running around the kitchen.

The chimes cling again, as the door opens widely as a woman in a mid-40’s enters the kitchen area.

“SON NAEUN! KIM NAMJOO! What are you two doing?”  Mrs. Kim, the owner as well as the pastry chef of Sweet Delight bakeshop screams as the two stops running and became a statue in a split second.

“Ms. Kim! Cleans this mess for an instant! And as for you Ms. Son, please follow me on my office.” Mrs. Kim turns around while giving Namjoo a smirk before walking away.

“That old witch!” Namjoo curses the owner while Naeun give her a warning look.

“I heard that Kim Namjoo! Do you want to clean the whole bakeshop instead?”

Namjoo widens her eyes and shakes her head. “No, Omma… I’ll clean this up now!” as she starts getting all the cleaning materials.

 Mrs. Kim rolled out her eyes while Naeun follows behind as they both enter the office.

“Please take a sit... Ms. Son.”

Naeun clears up as she stares on the elegant woman in front of her eyes. “Is there any problem, Ma’am?”

“Actually, there is none.”

The witch Mrs. Kim turns to an angelic Mrs. Kim as she smiles at Naeun that gives her goose bumps.

“Actually, I have good news for you.”

“What is it Ma’am?”

“All of your blueberry cheesecake was sold out last Monday.”

“Really?”

Mrs. Kim nods and smiles sweetly again while Naeun can’t believe that her first bake blueberry cheesecake was sold out in a flash.

“And there is only one person who bought all of it and you are a really lucky girl because he wants to know who bakes that cheesecake.”

“Really?”

“Yes… and as far as I remember he told me he will comeback today to claim his orders. That is your cheesecake Ms. Son. So start baking now…”

“Ye-yes Ma’am!”  Naeun stand up straight and bows her head before leaving the room.

“And one more thing, Please tell my daughter do not eavesdrop on the door. Thank you!” Mrs. Kim said sternly while eyeing the door.

 Naeun give her a questionable look as she opens the office door to see Namjoo’s face leaning.

She let out a soft giggles as Namjoo was caught on crime. “Sorry, omma. Saranghae!”

Mrs. Kim rolled out her eyes, sighing on how childish her daughter could be.

“Yah, Naeunie, is it true that your cheesecake was sold out last Monday?”

Naeun smiles widely and nods as she starts preparing the entire ingredient for the blueberry cheesecake.

Namjoo sighs dreamingly as she leans on the table where Naeun doing her work. “What’s the sigh for?”

“Well…. My mother said that a guy buys all of your cheesecake am I right?”

“Yup….”

“What if… that guy buys all the cheesecake just to see you? Because he already falls in love with you! Kyaaaa!!!”

 Namjoo nudges her arm while Naeun just shook her head.

“If only that’s Mr. Cheesecake… I will also fall in love with him too.” Now it’s Naeun’s turn to sighs dreamingly as she stops stirring the ingredient.

“Yeah…If only that is your Mr. Cheesecake…” Namjoo joined her daydream but then she realized something.

“Wait who’s your Mr. Cheesecake?”

“The guy that I have an accidental kiss with…” she said dreamingly.

 “Oh… those KISS…” Namjoo said softly but then she stops daydreaming again. “Wait…What?!?”

! Why did I slip it!

Stupid mouth! Pabo Naeunie! I’m in a great danger…Aigoo >.<”

She instantly goes to the cabinet to search for an ingredient anticipating what her best friend’s reaction is.

“And the drama begins in…1…2…3…” Naeun softly whispers.

 “OMG! Naeunie! You got your first kiss? And you didn’t even dare to tell me for a week?!? How cruel of you! I thought we were best friends! I told you everything! I hate you! I really hate you!”

Naeun let out a sigh as she stands up straight from her seat and holds Namjoo’s arms tightly.

“I’m sorry.”

“Sorry is not enough!” Namjoo push her hands away from her and crosses her arms on her chest. “Hmpf!”

She let out a sigh again and pouts her lips. “I’m really sorry, Namjoo…Please forgive me.”  As she back hug her.

Namjoo rolled out her eyes and sighs. “Fine… I’ll forgive you… in one condition.”

Her eyes start to glisten as she heard she was already forgiven by her best friend. “In what condition, Madam?”

“Tell me who the hell that guy is, what his school is, and when the two of you start dating BEHIND MY BACK.

Naeun gulps her saliva as she looks nervously on her.

How can she possibly know all of that information, if she never knew that guy is?

The only thing she knew was he a handsome blonde man that has a height taller than her and lips that were kissable accompanied by his dashing smile that could melt your knees.

Sounds like a prince charming right?

But what’s the name of this Mr. Prince Charming / Mr. Cheesecake?

“Uhmm… Well… Actually…” Naeun scratch her head as Namjoo gives her prying eyes.

The pink door suddenly opens widely as the chimes clings for the third time of the day as Mrs. Kim walks out on her office room to greet the customer.

“Anneyeong Haseyo, Mr. Jung, you’re early. I think your cheesecake is not ready yet.”

“Oh… it’s okay I can wait.” The young man said sweetly as he flash his boyish smile to the owner.

“Do you want some coffee?”

Daehyun nods her head as he seat on one of tables of the bakeshop.

“Namjoo-ah! There is a customer here! Please give him a coffee.”

On the other hand, Namjoo were intensely staring at Naeun who were having a lot of sweats on her forehead.

Suddenly, they both heard Mrs. Kim called out Namjoo to make a coffee for the customer as Namjoo let out sigh and leave.

“Where not finished yet…” Namjoo said sternly while Naeun slowly nods her head.

“Phew…That’s was close…”

“How can I tell her that I don’t know his name…Pabo Naeun! You’re in a big trouble now!”

As Namjoo place the coffee on Daehyun’s table, her eyes never leaves him as she became dumbstruck on how handsome he is.

“Is there something wrong, Miss?” Daehyun looks up on her, meeting their brown almond eyes in which Namjoo’s cheeks blush.

“Nothing…” She immediately turns her back from him as she keeps on thinking where did her seen him before.

“Uhmm…Wait….”

She turns his back with a smile on her face. “Well…Last time, I ask the owner if I can meet who bakes the cheesecake.”

Namjoo give him a sly smile as a light bulb pops on her head. “Please, wait for a moment. I will call her.”

Daehyun smiles and nods his head as he sips again his coffee.

Namjoo immediately runs to Naeun who was currently finishing the ordered cheesecake as she explodes the great news.

“Naeunie! He was handsome!”

“Huh? Who?”

“He was hot! He has a boyish smile! Aigooo! You are so lucky!”

“What?” Naeun gives her a questionable look as her best friend starts to act as a lunatic person.

Namjoo gives up and pulls Naeun’s arm as they both went out to the kitchen. “He wants to see you Naeunie!”

“Who?”

“That guy who just ordered all of your cheesecakes!” Namjoo points out the handsome looking blonde man who was sitting at the corner of the bakeshop.

Naeun’s eyes widen as she blinks for a couple of times if she was dreaming or not.

Little by little, she didn’t realize on how her feet were getting closer towards him as her eyes never leave him.

“Sir, this is Son Naeun, the one that bakes your ordered cheesecake.”

               

Daehyun stops sipping his coffee as he looks up to the girl that standing right beside him.

Those big black eyeglasses

Those familiar soft lips that’s hunting me all night….

Naeun-shi

“You…”  Same words came out from their mouth as their eyes met each other’s eyes.

<3~~~I~~<3~~~U~~<3

Thank you for all the Upvotes and Subscribers!

I love reading all of your comments

Saranghae Reader-shi <3<3<3

P.S. What do you think of this chapter?

Please do Comment, Subsribe and Upvote!

XOXO