Chapter I - His Animosity

His Wallflower

She trembled. Her brain was telling her to run, but her body stayed faithful to the ground. The temperature seemed to be normal, but her body was turning ice cold. Her eyes searched for a ray of light, but the darkness invaded every last nook and corner of that room. She could feel the fear, she could hear the faint footsteps, but she couldn’t move. Her heart was ramming against her chest and she could feel her chest hurt. If her feet didn’t move anytime soon, her heart would definitely explode. Suddenly his light brown eyes appeared; the coldness in his eyes penetrated her skin. It out every last ounce of breath out of her every time she stared at them. She was losing the grip of life as those eyes got closer and the moment she felt his breath against her skin. She took her last breath.

 

A chilling scream left as she sat up in her bed. Beads of sweat were running down her temple, making her hair sticky. The speed of her breath was surpassing normal and it was not doing any good to her situation. She curled her fingers around the blanket and held it tight until her knuckles became pale.

 

“I DON’T WANT TO DIE.” She screamed and shook her head furiously. “I REALLY DON’T WANT TO DIE.”

 

She felt a comforting arm around her and that made her cry even more. She was scared of losing grip of life, but she could never give voice to that fear when she was stable. It was only during her nightmares that her fear came out through her words. She was sure that it was not because of him that she was scared she was going to die. She knew he would never hurt her physically it was his words which hurt her to her bones. But the fear of death came due to her own condition which caused her time to shorten. But her nightmares got worse every time she thought about her disease. She still didn’t know what he was going to do whenever they came face to face.

 

Someone pulled her into a hug and that broke her trance. The smell of fresh paint reminded her it was her mother. Her mother was a painter and often created some jaw-dropping pieces of art. The smell of fresh paint and warmth of her mother’s hug calmed her down. Her heavy breath calmed down and she closed her eyes in her mother’s embrace, but the silent sobs did not stop.  Her mother ran hands through her long auburn hair and it gave her soothing feeling and lessened her sobs.

 

“Mom I want live. I don’t want to die.” Her voice came as a soft cry as if she was pleading for her life.

 

It took every ounce of strength for her mother to stop her own tears. She didn’t want Seoyun to know that there was no hope. She wanted to give every last ray of hope to her daughter.

 

“I am sure we’ll find the cure soon. I am trying every possible way to find a way to contact him with alerting anyone.”

 

Seoyun nodded and her mother kept on telling her about every possible way that was out there to keep the disease depressed. The night was long just like many other nights.  

 

The sound of tree branches brushing against her window glass woke her up. Her eyelids felt heavy and sticky due to the tears, but she still slowly opened them.  Her eyes fell on Dr. Seuss clock it was barely six-thirty she snuggled back in her bed and reached out for phone. There was no message or call for her. She ended up logging into the social network site that school provided for students. It was just like any other site, but a little cleaner and appropriate for student use.

 

The more she scrolled through the site, the more she was relieved because she wasn’t mentioned anywhere, but he was everywhere… every party, every rally, in majority of the girls’ profile picture. He was definitely an infamous hot craze when she left years ago, but now he had become like some sort of celebrity. She tapped on his name and there he was with his arm around Krystal. Three years changed everything, everything but his eyes. His eyes were same cold and dark with animosity swimming in it.

 

She heaved another sigh and just slid her phone under her pillow. Getting out of the warm bed was just another battle between her evil mind and conscious. Finally she pushed herself out the bed and head to the bathroom and did her morning rituals. While brushing her hair she thoughtlessly grazed the scar near her jaw with her fingers. Even that scar had memories related to him, but he wasn’t the one who gave her that scar. In fact Wu Yifan was her savior. It was him who saved her when the psycho guy from the class took her as hostage and almost slit with the broken bottle. When Yifan attacked him, the psycho’s hand move and the bottle cut her near her jaw. He beat the crap out of the guy and then he carried her in his arm and took care of her. And then few months later he turned into a ruthless monster, someone whom she could hardly recognize him and even then he made it seem like torturing her was solely his right and if anyone else dared to lay a finger on her, he would almost kill that person.

She couldn’t understand him; she couldn’t understand what he wanted from her and why was she the only point of interest for him? 

 

 

_____Pleases comment and let me know what your thoughts are about first chap _____