end.

Nuisance




13th May, 2014

Dear diary; This is stupid, I sound like a girl. Hey buddy,

My mom doesn’t understand why it is dangerous that the son of our neighbor loves me. There were few things that could turn a 9 year old boy’s life into hell, and mine is Kim Himchan hyung. I can honestly say that I am not like any of my peers. Most of the nine year olds I know live peaceful lives, and their problems are trivial things like not getting a toy or losing a match or liking someone. And they still complain about their lives. But here I was dealing with the Korean edition of devil. It all started when we moved to this neighborhood. I was five years old back then, living the best moments of my life until his family decided it was a good idea to meet my family and become friends. They’d invited us to their house as a way of saying welcome (they could’ve just said welcome and not bothered to invite us to dinner, mind you) and my family had willingly accepted. Damn, even I was willing to go to their house with the hopes of meeting the cool hyung next door. He seemed really cool, and cute I shall say, until he mistook me as a little girl and squealed when he saw me. That was when I realized meeting Himchan hyung was a very, very bad idea. That was also when my hell of a life started.

All I ever want is for Himchan to leave me alone and give me some space. Almost half of my life has been spent trying to avoid Himchan and living in discomfort because of him. He just barged into my life as if I’d invited him. I have never even showed him affection, but he just decided he wanted to be in my life and self-proclaimed himself as my favorite hyung. Mom says I am being mean for not appreciating Himchan’s love, but there is more to it. He is one of those people that adults consider nice but he is evil. He even has that scary face when he thinks no one is looking, but I am always looking. I am following his every move and determined to reveal his true face, but my parents never understand me. Once he dressed me cutely and made me wear a bow, then presented me to his best friend as a birthday gift. Now that is something. I am a human, not his toy! And my parents thought this was really cute, but they weren’t the one being presented as a gift. It was nothing but cruel for me. This is just one of the least cruel things Kim Himchan has done to me, but I am determined to get rid of the devil.



14th May, 2014

‘Sup, dude?

I came up with a plan to get rid of the spawn of the devil. No, he isn’t the spawn of the devil; he is devil itself. Anyway. My plan is simple but clever. Himchan always says I am so cute and that he loves to play with me; and that means if I find someone cute and nice, he’ll leave me alone and I’ll get my peaceful life back after wasting half of my life trying to avoid the devil. I’ve already found the cute and nice victim. My best friend Moon Jongup is the cutest person I’ve ever seen and he is much nicer and milder than me, so I am sure the devil will like him. I am sacrificing my best friend for my own sake, but Jongup won’t have to deal with Himchan so much since he lives far from our neighborhood. And I am making a plan to save Jongup, too. I just need more time for that. My first step to carry on my plan is to convince my parents to invite Himchan and his family over. Check. Done. Second step is to invite Jongup to our house. Check. Done. Now all I have to do is let everything flow and I’ll be free by the time this night ends.

My plan is running smoothly so far. Jongup apparently the devil’s fancy and he is playing with Himchan in my room. Himchan is all over him; pinching his cheeks, hugging him, giving him chaste kisses on the cheek. Now that I see what I’ve been through half of my life, I realize I’ve been indeed living in hell. But now I am free from the devil. I know that no matter what I do, I could never show to God how grateful I am. Hopefully this plan will succeed.




18th May, 2014


Hi, bro! Ah, mom says I should stop watching too many American movies. Hello, friend! How is a diary my friend, though?

I guess my mission is completed. It’s been three long days since Himchan last bothered me. This must’ve been a record for the devil. He’s never ever spent a day without torturing me with his sweet ways. And I’ve never ever spent a day like that. It feels like I am in Heaven. No more Himchan means no more forced kisses, hugs. It is still unbelievable, though. Because Himchan’s parents  invited us over tonight and Himchan didn’t even greet me, let alone smothering me with his salive-filled kisses. Ew. Anyway. This is a good sign, I guess. I’m feeling as free as I’ve never felt before. I’m so fly like a G6 like a G6.



28th May, 2014

Hello, friend!

Mom claims to have accidentally read some parts of my diary (although I don’t understand how one can accidentally read something, mind you) and told me to stop being an American wannabe. Duh. I’m not a wannabe. This is a style, a trend, only young can understand. Yolo. And she says I’m so mean for talking like that behind Himchan’s back. It’s not like I’m telling the whole world how terrible Himchan is –which I wouldn’t really mind telling. I’m just letting out my frustration on my diary. What the hell- no cursing words is wrong with that? Mom will never understand me. It to be nine years old.

On the other hand, I’m having some weird feelings. Himchan hyung never notices me anymore, and I know this should be a good thing on my side; I’ve been waiting for this to happen half of my life, but I have a weird feeling whenever he ignores me. I don’t know what is wrong with me. Maybe I am shocked that he doesn’t pay attention to me. I might need to see a psychologist.



1st June, 2014

Hi…

Mom said I can’t see a psychologist because of something trivial like that, so I was left alone talking with Jongup about my problem. He is the only one I can rely on and is pretty wise, so I hoped it would be helpful. He told me that I’m missing Himchan hyung. There is no way I’m missing the devil. I’ve made plans to get rid of him half of my life! I even tried the killing curse I saw in Harry Potter on Himchan. I can’t be missing him. Nope.



18th June, 2014

Hey, bro! Sorry for neglecting you for so long.

Today marks the 30th day of Himchan’s ignoring me. It’s been one freaking month since I got rid of him, can you believe that? No? I can’t, either. There is also something else I’d like to tell you. Jongup was right. I think I miss Himchan hyung. I feel like such a spoiled brat because even though I was not pleased with Himchan’s presence in my life, I’m missing the attention he was giving me now. Wow, that was deep coming from a nine year old like me. Mom also noticed the mood swings I’m having. She asked me if I was in love. Hell no. Of course I’m not in love with Himchan hyung. He is gross. Well, maybe not.



25th June, 2014


I’m in a rush so I can’t greet you properly, forgive me. But you know what happened? Himchan hyung came to apologize to me today! At first I thought he was apologizing for ignoring me for over a month, but man, was I wrong. He apologized to me for ruining my life and making me feel uncomfortable with his touchiness and all. He also said he wouldn’t ever disturb me anymore. He looked genuinely hurt when apologizing. I wanted to hug him right then and there and tell him that I was sorry, but he left. I don’t want Kim Himchan to go away from my life. Not at all.



3rd July, 2014

‘Sup, buddy? I don’t care about what mom says about the way I talk anymore.

I have good news, I guess. I decided to show Himchan hyung that I’m sorry for everything I’ve done to him. Not that I’ve made his life a hell, but still. Mom is helping me make Himchan’s favorite cake (yes, I can bake a cake. I guess.) I’ve picked a good movie for us to watch tonight (damn, this sounds like a date) and mom and dad will be at Himchan’s house while Himchan comes here. Wish me luck.

Edit: Hell yes! This night was a success! Himchan came over without knowing what was going on and was truly surprised when he saw that I baked a cake for him (I left out the part of mom doing most of it, though.) We watched a romance-comedy movie and had an amazing night. And mustering all my courage, I apologized to him for making him feel bad about himself and said that I even missed his hugs and kisses. You can’t believe how big his smile was when I told him all of that. He is the best hyung ever.


Edit 2: Are you sure you’re not crushing on Himchan? -Mom








a/n: i for not updating in 4 months forgive me ;__;