B

The 26 Alphabets

“Yes we are here. Don’t worry Rie-san, we will be careful, I’ll take care of them. I’ll call you back once everything is settled.” Chihiro hung up the phone and grabbed her things, stuffing what were required in to a bag pack.

“Why do we even have to work during school trip?” Haruka lay her back down on to the fluffy bed, after a long ride on buses, her back was aching.

“We have no choice, boss order.” Chihiro shrugged and swing her bag pack behind her, “I’m going to survey the place, coming?”

“Let me get my things first, you can go ahead.” Haruka jumped onto her bed and make a few hops before landing on the hotel’s carpeted floor.

“Alright then, I’ll go and get Pii-chan, see you at the lift lobby.”

 

“So there are CCTVs here, here and behind the front office.” Hiroka marked out the areas where CCTVs were present in the lobby, on the floor plan, using her tablet.

“It will be difficult to get the room key, not just the one behind the front office, those two at the corner also covers the area. Even if lights out happens, it won’t be easy with only the three of us” Chihiro pointed out and cancelled their Plan A. Their Plan A was originally to get the key card from the front office and make it ‘disappear’, so after their work is done, the police could have thought that the murder is due to the missing card, while Hiroka is able to break through and enter a hotel room without trouble.

“I have check the floors, basically, besides the VIP level, the CCTV location are mainly at the exits and entrance and probably one every stretch of corridor.” Haruka changes the floor plan on lobby to the floor plan of normal levels, marking out the CCTV with a red circle.

“Pii-chan should be able to handle the CCTV and the door, so now only problem would be getting past the staff at VIP level.” On the VIP level, there are staffs of the hotel that are in-charge of the area, where they could keep a lookout of the flow of people and also assist the guest asap if they require. There’re also privileges on the VIP level, where they could have a private lounge and dine in separately from the restaurant which means more crowd and noise.

“Haruppi, do you think you can create a momentary black out? Just on that level, so we can get pass,” asked Chihiro.

“Eh? That will be difficult, I need time to familiarize with the wires and everything, and one night is not enough.” Haruka replied, waving her hand and shaking her head, without a proper planning beforehand, everything would be impossible to take place. Reaching at the hotel that they are supposed to stay in at 10pm, where the time now is near midnight, it is exactly 24hour to their mission. The girls only have a few hours to plan before the next morning, where they have outdoor activities the next morning. The key criterion for this mission is to race again time.

“If it’s like this, we would have to go for Plan C.” Chihiro speaks as she receives a weird look from Hiroka and Haruka; Plan C, the plan which did not exist until a moment ago.

 

“Akicha-san, we're here.” Izumi shouted the moment she stepped into the cafe which was run by Aki and Rie. This cafe is a pet cafe, where the both the owner and their pets can enjoy. The cafe also have a reading corner that was well-liked by many teenages, Rie specially used her comics and her manga collection to decorate the corner.

“Ii-chan, Yuka, you're here. How's school today?” Aki, wearing a blue apron, stepped out of the kitchen with some flour on her face.

“Like normal days, Kuwabara sensei lesson is so boring.” Yuka grumbled.

“It couldn't be that bad, could it? It for your own good, so just listen.” Aki reprimanded as she bring out the cake she had made.

“It is that bad. Kuwabara sensei...” Yuka continued.

“Let's not talk about school; I've enough of it today. What's today dinner?” Izumi cut into the conversation and stopped Yuka before she would repeat the same thing that she had heard during the lesson.

“Curry!” Yuka raised her hand and suggested.

“We just had curry for lunch.” Izumi rolled her eyes and played with the dogs in the cafe.

Aki laughed at Izumi's reaction, “How about omelet rice? I'll have curry separately added.”

“Yay! Akicha-san is the best.” Yuka jumped.

“Whatever. Is Tomu here? I need some help with my homework.” Izumi ignored Yuka’s reaction.

"Did someone mention my name?" Tomu entered the cafe the moment Izumi mention of her.

"Tomutomu!" Not replying her question, Yuka hugged Tomu before the latter could even place her bag down.

"What are you doing? Hurry up and get down, there're customers here, this is embarrassing." Tomu whined.

"Yeah, get down, do that at the second level not here." Izumi went over and tried to get Tomu out of Yuka’s clutches.

"Fine..." Yuka let go of Tomu with a disappointed look.

"Tomu, the girls need help with their homework, why don't you girls..."

"Akicha, you got a call from Masana-san, do you want me to pick it up on behalf?" Rie came out from kitchen with her pink apron around her.

"I'll take the call." Aki took her phone that was stained with flour, and went into the kitchen.

"Ah, Tomu is back too? I'm done with a new recipe would your want to try it?"

"Sure, we'll be down once we get our bag placed." Izumi smiled and nudged Tomu.

"Yeah, my bag is heavy." Getting the hint, Tomu held Yuka hand and head towards the stairs with Izumi following behind.

 

“Ii-chan. Still no replies from the girls?” After Aki received a second call from Masana, whom was also one of them, she got Izumi right in front of the computer, letting the latter to stare on the screen for the past an hour. Indeed, Aki find the name extraordinary familiar, their target is not as easy as they thought, one of the high ranks in another organization which have been picking on them. Normally, such mission would not be given to them, mostly the other seniors or those who are professionally trained in taking down the high ranks. From the start, this mission has been a mistake.

“No. I tried every single way to contact them, but no replies from Chii-chan, Haruppi or Pii-chan. I’m also not able to track their location.” Izumi answered with her eyes and hands locked to her computer. In such situation, Izumi, the technology expert, is normally the one who will be busy with all the clicking sounds.

“Just an hour more, could they have started?” Rie pointed out the possibility of zero replies from the girls after sending all forms of messages and signals to the girls who are in the mission.

“It could be, but this doesn’t explain why the GPS lost their signal. I could understand if Chii-chan and Haruppi wasn’t able to reply if they are in the mission, but if it is Pii-chan, that is not possible. Unless…” Hiroka and Izumi, the duo who were in-charge of all sorts of technology and gadgets, are the ones who normally do the ‘hacking’ of system and getting rid of the CCTVs. Thus, having a tablet around with them all the times have already become a norm for them, not to mention, during a mission where ‘hacking’ is required.

“Unless, it is an EMP.” Aki randomly blurted out what she heard earlier on which she did not mention since the start.

 

---- 6 hours ago, 4.00pm, Oya Masana first call ----

“Akicha, I have checked with A-san. I think he got the wrong file to you, the correct file is with Takamina and Acchan.”

“Eh? This is ridiculous, if not for Rie; the girls could have gotten themselves injured or dead.”

“Takeuchi Ryusuke maybe a dangerous guy, but he is not the type who does thing on impulse. Since he is there, there may be a reason.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“He is there on purpose. There could be an exchange of ‘goods’ near the area or his target is there too.”

“You mean his target could be the girls?”

“I won’t void out this possibility.”

“I have to inform the girls, this is too dangerous.”

“Akicha, I’ve inform Takamina and Acchan to head over, and I believe that they are already there. Just leave things to them and they will handle it.”

“So the girls will be the bait?”

“I won’t use the word until I’ve confirm their motive.”

“That’s crazy, they are still not up to it. That guy is a pro assassin.”

“And so are Takamina and Acchan. If you inform the girls, this may alert our target, and it will be difficult for Takamina and Acchan to protect the girls by then.”

“So, what do you want me to do?”

“Nothing. Do nothing, live as per normal. Trust Takamina and the girls.”

“I definitely will give A-san a punch in his face next time we meet.”

“I won’t stop you; I’ve a patient to attend to, talk to you later.”

---- 1.5 hours ago, 9.30pm, Oya Masana second call ----

“Akicha, I lost contact with Takamina and Acchan and their signal too.”

“Wait, hold on a minute. The girls’ signals are gone too.”

“Get Ii-chan to work on it, something must have happen.”

“We’ll. Any idea what could be the cause of this?”

“Anything. But my guess is EMP; this won’t be good if it is really EMP.”

“Our target has moved. I need to inform A-san and the others, stay with your team, I’ll keep you updated.”

“Wait; hold on a minute, Masana-san. Masana-san?”

---- ---- ----

“The force of EMP is really something.” Akicha whispered as she pull out her phone that was vibrating.

 

"Anything?" Chihiro returned to the hotel room for Haruka and hers.

"No, none of the electronics can work." Haruppi placed most electronic equipment on her bed, right not, their room is in total pitch black, with several lighted candles.

"I can't contact Akicha-san or Ii-chan, the signals are affected." Hiroka gave up trying her gadgets and sat on the bed.

"I've checked, the whole hotel is facing the same problem, this must have been done on purpose." Chihiro deduced.

"The whole hotel? Haruppi, do you think you can dismantle this?" Hiroka randomly grabbed a laptop on the bed and pass to Haruka

"Dismantle? What are you thinking Pii-chan?" Haruka receive the laptop with loads of unanswered questions.

"If it is really EMP, than we should make use of this chance." Chihiro, who got what Hiroka is thinking of, clapped and went over to Haruka's luggage and got her the tools.

Being the last who understands the situation, Haruka took out her tools that were packed it a small bag, mainly screwdriver, twister, wires, sniper and a few other mechanical tool. Haruka was the only one in the group who developed interest in building and fixing things. Unlike Hirko and Izumi who use the gadgets or program the system, Haruka build and made the physical parts.

"Ha, we can get ourselves change right now." Within minutes, Haruka have 'unfixed' her laptop and found the problem. The microchip of all electronic equipment and gadget has been affected, so do all of the waves signal, explaining the reason why their phones won't work.

"Get change, we should make use of this time before the problem is handled." Chihiro ordered.

 

"Wait, someone is coming." The three girls retreated back into the staircase, hiding behind the door.

"I'll go out first, you two wait for my signal and watch this area, make sure no other are coming up, if there is, hide yourself." In normal cases, such words are not needed as briefing and planning were done beforehand. However, in this case, the sudden changes in the plan may lay the girls in danger without knowing what their next moves will have to be and what would happen next.

"Be careful." Haruka grabbed Chihiro's arm before letting the latter out of the staircase area.

Chihiro slowly entered the dark and quiet corridor, luckily the floor was carpeted, producing zero sound from every step she takes, where this could also be a problem since footsteps could not be heard, they will have to rely on their senses if someone is approaching. Ensuring that the staffs are engrossed in their own recovery work, Chihiro hand signals the two girls as she continues to keep a lookout for the staffs. Haruka and Hiroka make their way towards the targeted room and get to work. Pressing down the hand grip of the room with minimal strength, Haruka is hoping not to produce any sound that could alert their target. Opening the door bit by bit, Hiroka slid in a mirror through the available small slit which is sufficient to reflect whatever that is present inside. The magnetism of the door has already been affected by the EMP, allowing the girls to enter without any keycard or time wasting decoding.

Ensuring that the coast is clear, Hiroka showed and 'OK' sign to Chihiro, receiving an unexpected reaction from the mission leader. Chihiro, who caught a glimpse of the staff area, saw two of the staff heading over to the corridor where guest rooms were located. Chihiro quick steps over and signaled the two to get in. Yes, get into the target room without knowing what the total situation in the room is. The three girls entered and Chihiro slowly close her door behind, panting, but controlling her breathing to avoid being notice. Haruka checked through the door hole to ensure that they did not alert the staff or caught any attention, while Hiroka quietly approach the turning corner of the room.

"Don’t moves or I'll shoot." An unknown voice rang through their ears, stunning all of them, Hiroka stood still and stop moving forward.

"I've said, don't move, didn't I?" The unknown voice was heard again when Chihiro took a step forward, closer to Hiroka.

"Say, you three are too late." Another voice, different from the previous one they have heard, was heard with some ruffling sound.

"Who are you guys, what have you done?" Picking up her gun behind her back, Chihiro noticed a mirror being placed near the window, reflecting their position.

"You girls must be amateur; you should have known what I meant. This guy is dead." The first voice replied, apparently she didn't notice Chihiro's action and did not react to it.

"Why did your kill him, who hired you?" Observing the mirror, Chihiro is hoping to make use of the reflection available to her to find out the position of the two voices in the room.

"How about the three of your, who hire you?" The second voice asked without any .reply

"But we asked the question first." Haruka cut into the conversation, moving away from the door and closer to Chihiro.

"You have no say here do you? We have the upper hand." The first voice countered, not minding the fact that Haruka just moved.

The silence after the sentence kept for a while, Hiroka turned and looked at Chihiro, waiting for any signal from her. Yet, Chihiro could not decide if she should risk revealing their organization or fighting back, biting down her lips, she knew that one wrong move, anyone could be dead.

"Ha ha ha, that's enough, her reaction is too cute." The second voice burst out in laughter, of course not the commonly heard loud ones.

"You are the one who said that you want to test their reaction." The first voice giggled.

"What are your talking about?" Chihiro questioned.

"Do you know what makes the world smaller?" The second voice asked.

"Globalization?" Answering through what she learnt in class, Haruka wasn't sure what the second voice is getting at.

"Language, Romanization, and Alphabets. As they appear in almost all the language, only which they appear in different form." Ignoring Haruka's answer, Hiroka voiced out.

"You are smart. H and M taught you well." The second voice replied with claps, accepting and agrees with Hiroka answer.

"H and M-san taught us a lot, and I believe so could your." Not placing her gun down, Chihiro still did not place her guards down, even though she knew that the two voices are in the same organization, but not until they reveal themselves.

"Kid, you can put your gun down. I'm G." A small build girl, seems to be able to read every of their action and mind, came out from the corner and raised her hand up with a keychain, golden 'G'

"I'm I." The owner of first voice, a slightly taller girl appeared and took the mirror.

"G-san, I-san." Chihiro bow and greeted the two seniors that she never met before. Ever since they have entered the organization, there are only a few members that are made known to them. Their 'parent', Aki and Rie: Their family doctor, Oya Masana: Members of police force, Furkawa Airi and Takayanagi Akane; and Tomu's university partner, Watanabe Mayu. After the confirmation, Chihiro kept her gun and finally let out a huff.

"How do we address you girls?" G went back to the corner of the room placing things into her haversack.

"I'm, T, the mission leader. This is W and V." Chihiro walked into the room, getting a look in the room, which is the first time after entering the room for nearly 10minutes.

The room is a total mess; their target was already dead, lying on the bed with blood stains on the bed. Blood stains could also be seen on the wall near the bed and some on the carpeted floor. G was packing her haversack on the side table, while I was standing next to the window looking at the girls. It was only then the girls noticed, G and I both are wearing uniforms of the housekeeping staff in the hotel. Their trolley from housekeeping was placed aside.

"No worries girls, we have handled this mission. There was some mistake with the mission, so we were here to handle this." G smiled as she walks pass Hiroka, patting the latter head, and throwing the haversack into a hidden compartment of the trolley.

"Were you the ones who release the EMP?" Hiroka asked.

"Ah... I totally forgot about the EMP.” G face palmed.

“The EMP is not by us, this is not the way we work.” I let out a warm smile and goes to G’s side, “You girls will know more when the time comes. For now, do your need a lift?”

I lifted the cover of the compartment, revealing a huge empty trolley which has been remodeled. The empty space seemingly to be just right to fit the three girls into it.

“If you don’t mind that we are heavy, please drop us off at Room 622.” Chihiro let out her first smile in the night, being the first to get into the trolley.

“That’s our pleasure,” I let down the side-cover of the trolley, covering the hidden compartment, “and our job.” lowering down her volume as she mentioned the last few words.