A

The 26 Alphabets

Humans, sometimes we are just walking around aimlessly, staring blankly into the air, walking straight and avoiding obstacles while you don't know where you are heading to.

Like all movies and dramas, there're always people with different wills and thoughts, doing different things. Just a simple action of walking on the street, there may be dozens that walked pass you who are different. Dozens of them are different, yet, they are trying to be like us.

 

 

“M-san, everything is in order.” A security was taking her normal routine, in this Halloween event ballroom. The entire guest had their mask on, with champagne in their hand, enjoying their night out. Walking among the crowd, she saw her signal. A lady, in pink night gown with her mask on, with a tablet in her hand, she was reflecting her eye-blinding accessories with lights available.

“Z is ready.” The security reported.

“H-san's car is around the corner.” Another lady, in a white dress and a crown seating next to the lady in pink gown, was playing with her cellphone, reported.

“R and X, mark the target, we got 5minutes. Everyone on standby, once the light is off, do your job.” Among the crowd, a lady with champagne in her hand was walking aimlessly.

“All member on standby. Countdown. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.” The lady in pink gown smiled and made a quick tap on her tablet, "Lights out."

After the countdown, the well-lit ballroom encountered a sudden darkness. With the lights all out, guest who were taken aback by this answered their surprise with uproar and screams.

During this period of darkness, those who were in conversation a moment ago were moving swiftly among the crowd, in the dark.

The lady, M, randomly placed her champagne on a table and went over to a supposed, “NO unauthorized” room. R came out from the crowd and came over with a card in her hand, tapping at the card sensor, the door automatically unlock. At the same time when the door got unlocks, X gathered with them with another card in her hand, showing a satisfactory peace sign.

Getting into the room, the trio made a quick surveillance to their surroundings. Their objective, the diamond necklace, is located in the center of the room, with a card access to unlock the transparent box.

“It's an active infra-red detector.” R adjusted her glasses to night vision, allowing her to see the infra-red sensors and the pattern.

“Z, it is an active infra-red detector, can you do something about it?” M hold her communicator that was hung around her ear.

“V, get the circuit cut, it is an open circuit alarm configuration.” Still in the ballroom, Z who was in the pink gown covered her ears for better hearing as the ballroom is getting noisier and noisier every minute.

“One moment please, cutting electrical wires in the dark is difficult.” V who was above, hiding in the false ceiling, is figuring out the electrical wires which were also hidden above the false ceiling. Night vision glasses does not helps when it comes to colours in the dark, so V had a small torch in , using the dim light provided, to find the current circuit and wire to be cut.

“The securities and engineer are getting the light fixed, we must hurry. Approximation for repair is about 3minutes.” Lady in white dress informed as she took her leave from the main exit, discarding her mask on the floor.

“It's done.” X exclaimed with a light jump. The infra-red sensor which was originally lighted up was shut down immediately once the circuit was broken. V made a cut in the false ceiling and abseiled down from the false ceiling, joining the trio.

“W and Z are onboard, you guys hurry, and there are police cars around the corner, hurry up.” H, with her black van stopped right at a dark alley was watching the ballroom with her binoculars. Constantly checking with W and Z with the possible updates of the situation and in the vicinity where police are coming.

“Stop the rushing, we are coming down, T where are you?” M made a quick change, tearing her night dress and throwing away the excessive accessories, she made a cut the window with specialized equipment hung around her waist. While M was making an exit for everyone, the remaining already got themselves out of the dresses and gown for the night event and attached them with the belaying device. R locked up the baggage that she was carrying behind her and left a note on the original spot where the diamond necklace was placed in.

“There're securities in my way, I'm heading out from other exits, Z any suggestions.” T, who was disguised as a security, was having trouble to leave the compound as her planned escape route was disrupted, with a sudden increase of number in security officers with exit checkpoints.

“Let me check.” Z and W immediately get into work with their handy tablets, displaying the location of T and the floor plan of the compound.

“M-san should we wait for T? We can leave together from here.” V, who already got herself secured, asked the oldest.

“It's too dangerous for her to get into the ballroom, not to mention meeting us. Let Z and W handle this, they will have a way. Let's go, our delay will cause problems to T's escape.” M gave a light pat on V's head and get out of the building through the window.

“T-san, get into the room on your right on your next turn. You could escape from the windows there; it is leading to the same place where M-san and the others will be landing.” Z directed.

“But I only have the rope with me.” T replied in frustration, because this left her with the only solution of breaking the windows, which would eventually cause unwanted attention with the glass shattering noise.

“You got no choice; all the exits are already blocked up. Furthermore, there are currently no securities on your level, just make things fast.” W answered T's problem calmly.

Nodding as if anyone could see her action, T attached herself to the rope. Confirmed that the other members have already left the alley, T broke the window with the security officer’s flashlight, which also serve as useful weapons in cases of emergencies. T jumped out of the building, down towards the fragments of glasses. Releasing the rope as fast as possible, she was hoping that she would manage to make a successful escape and make a save landing, after all, she is falling at high speed to avoid the securities.

“M-san.” As T find herself having trouble slowing down her fall with her limited amount of strength, she shuts her eyes tight waiting for the coming impact that she is going to receive for her landing. Yet, she was caught by someone, landed right into the arms of M.

“Are you alright?” V grabbed T face and placed some pressure on her cheeks.

“Why are you here, V? Come on let's go, there are people coming.” M swing T around her shoulder, grabbed V's hand as they ran towards the black van that was waiting.

“Let’s go.” M checked the backseat of the van, assured that the number was correct, she placed she locked her seatbelt and ordered the driver, H.

 

 

“Come on, time to go, you girls are getting late.” Takajo Aki grabbed her bunch of keys lying on the table and got up from her seat.

“If we are late, I'll blame this on Yuka.” Goto Izumi, who already got her things ready, was stamping her feet at the door side.

“Hey, it wasn't entirely my fault, Haruppi woke up late too.” Tano Yuka took a last sip of her milk and argued.

“That’s because I turn in late last night.” Kodama Haruka shouted across the living room.

“Alright, it doesn't matter now; you girls are getting late if you don't get into the car now.” Kitahara Rie, standing next to the door, scolded.

“Ah. I forgot about my glasses!” Anai Chihiro, with a plaster on her right cheek, ran into the house, pushing those who were blocking at the door side away and dash towards her room.

“I thought I've reminded her before breakfast.” Haruka face palmed as she looked at the running figure.

“You did, but she's only repeating a standard procedure that she had been doing.” Kodama Hiroka sitting next to Haruka seems to have gotten used to this scene.

A silver family car of 6-seater was filled up as Chihiro got into her seat, panting. Aki waved goodbye to the black car beside and drive off, hoping that she could send the girls to school on time.

“Come on Tomu, you too, are going to be late if delay further.”  Rie placed her seatbelt as she called out to Muto Tomu whom just stepped into the car after locking up the house.

 

 

“Ii-chan, Yuka. Over here.” Izumi and Yuka heard their names the moment they enter the school cafe, which was as pack as a sardine. Even though they heard their names, they don’t know where it comes from. Skimming through the crowd, they finally found a figure waving at them, with two others sat across her.

“Luckily we were here earlier, or else there won’t be any seats.” Haruka smiled as she placed the food in .

“Kuwabara-sensei extended her lesson with uninteresting stories; it was really boring you know?” Yuka laid her head on the table. After hours of lesson on something that she was not very interested, it really drained out Yuka’s energy and focus.

“It’s over anyway. Eat up before your food gets cold.” Hiroka patted Yuka head and place Yuka’s food in front of her.

“Haruppi, what punishment did you receive last night?” Yuka shot a question at Haruka, where the latter did not abide to the order given to her last night. Instantly after her questioned was asked, Yuka received a slap at her head from Izumi who was right beside her.

“Akicha-san called me to clean up the equipment.” Haruka replied softly.

“Eh… That’s unfair; I was punished to do 100 frog jumps.” Yuka whined.

“Just shut up and finish your food.” Izumi raised her hand as she wanted to give the girl another hit, yet Yuka quickly dodge it.

“Come on you two, we are in school.” Chihiro reprimanded.

“Hey, check this out.” Hiroka placed her tablet in the center of the table, pointing at a news article that she wants everyone to see.

“Last night, a thief case happens at a Halloween night party held at one of the downtown district. As reported by the owner, a diamond necklace at the price of 3million was stolen during the party. Witnesses reported that there was a sudden blackout in the ballroom, where the light only return after nearly 10minutes, the ballroom was also in a chaos during the blackout. Police had found the intruder detection system and the surveillance camera being tempered, and windows were also broken at level 4 of the ballroom and level 3 of a room, ropes found hanging out of the broken windows were suspected to be used for the escape and possibly the entrance of the thief. No one was injured during the blackout and security was enforced in the building. Police are still conducting further investigation. Whether the necklace got stolen during the blackout, it is still an unknown to the owner and a question to the police.”

“The necklace worth 3million? You must be kidding me.” Izumi was stunned by the actual price of the diamond necklace.

“After all, it is made of diamond.” Chihiro pointed out the main reason behind the high price.

“Ii-chan, the cameras were handled right?” Yuka randomly asked.

“Of course, I got it settled last night. Aren’t you early, asking me such question? Also please trust my skills, and responsibility, so stop asking me such questions after a day of every mission.” Izumi replied with sarcasm.

“Ah, Tomutomu just message me about the news.” Yuka ignore Izumi’s replied and started to read out from her phone, “Tomu said: The mission was a success, the diamond necklace was actually a stolen piece from a business man from America. Boss is happy with our job done. Also, the next mission is already out, we will get further information once we are home.”

“You know, you don’t sounds like Tomu at all.” Hiroka finds Yuka reading extraordinary uncomfortable when she purposely mimics Tomu’s voice and action, even when it is not the same at all.

“It’s the action that’s the same, the action.” Yuka almost jumped up while she was explaining. Luckily both Izumi and Haruka grabbed both her arms and stopped her, before Yuka could catch the attention of everyone who was present.

“Okay, we got it, it’s the action.” Haruka consoled Yuka who seems disappointed.

“Keep trying Yuka, you will succeed, don’t worry. Let’s get back to our class; we will meet back at H&M café.” Chihiro gave Yuka a light pinched on her cheek and ordered.

 

 

 “He should be grateful for the fact that we are killing him in one move.” M placed her sniper rifle at a suitable spot and fixes the silencer. High up on a commercial building, M and H lies near the helipad of the building, waiting for their moment.

“Such person should be put into torture before death, why not leave him to struggle?” H looked at their target with a disgusted face. Their mission is to kill a man, a man who manages to get away from court, after ual harassing children, through feign report of mental issues. Now this guy is enjoying his time at home, watching ography, sure this guy has ‘mental issue’.

“You could do the honor, since your accuracy is not as good as mine, boss won't question if you miss your target.” It may seem like a speech of joke, yet, M looked very serious. True enough, she was one of the marksmen of the team; it would not make sense if she could not kill their target in one shot, right through his head or heart.

“I was waiting for you to say that.” H took over the sniper rifle and snickered, “this is your retribution.”

Taking an aim through the telescopic, she quietly waits for target to walk to the spot, the spot where his death will be determined.

 

 

“Akicha-san.” Chihiro called out from the corridor with a light knocked on the door.

“Come in.” Aki and Rie were having a game in their room, darts. Aki, whom was better in aiming and skilled, was leading the game, leaving Rie far behind her.

“Akicha-san, Rie-san. We heard that the next mission is for us.” Chihiro, Haruka and Hiroka came into the room and stood near the queen size bed of the room owners. Although the girls receive news of their new mission yesterday, yet, both Aki and Rie were out for mission that night, so they latter two were not able to meet the girls and pass the message.

“Hold on a moment, let us finish this game.” Rie was taking an aim on the dartboard while speaking.

“It won't make a difference Rie-chan, I'm the marksman remember?” Aki was not bordered by Rie; the truth is, no matter what Rie hit, the winner will still be Aki, so it was just the sportsmanship that was keeping Rie in the game. Until the last moment, no one would know what will happen.

“Alright, that was the last one.” Ignoring Aki's words, Rie sent her last dart onto the dartboard. Immediately after the shot she went to get her folder, and got settled with Aki on their bed.

“This is your mission.” Rie hand the folder over to the girls.

“This is to be done during our school trip?” Haruka flipped through the folder.

“Eh? That's tomorrow.” Chihiro was shocked by Haruka statement; she quickly leaned over to her left side and took a quick glimpse on the folder.

“That's the reason that you three are selected for this mission.” Rie clapped as she sees that the girls understand the situation.

“So a sum up, your target Takeuchi Ryusuke, age 45. He is a corporate business executive. He will be staying in the same hotel as you girls; however he is a VIP of the hotel, so the room won't be that easy to access.” Aki made a quick sum up.

“We have to make further inspection by then, since we couldn't have a clear image of the place, even with the floor plan, i think visual understanding would be the best.” Hiroka flipped through the floor plan and looked at the pictures of various places of the hotel.

“True enough, these can be done once you girls are there. Tonight, you girls better pack whatever you need for the trip. I'll get the equipment things required packed for you.” Rie stood up and hand them each a mini GPS tracker. A mini GPS tracker was have to be attached to every member who were involved in a mission, this is to prevent if any member meet some accident, their location can still be determine for rescue or further instruction; just like T who met some problem while escaping previously, her mini GPS which show her location managed to allow the others to give her direction.

“Chii-chan will be in-charge of this mission. Ii-chan will stay in contact with you guys just in case you girls need it.” Aki hand over a normal looking badge to Chihiro, and pat the latter which receive a nod from her.

“If you pass the badge to her, what about us? We have to use it tomorrow, don't we?” Rie asked after the girls have left their room.

The badge actually has their organization emblem carved on it, where the leader holds it during the mission. It is meant to recognize their organization member in case situation rises. In fact, every member will have similar keychain, with their representing alphabet carved on it, just like the badge, which is serving as recognition.

."Say, don't you find this mission weird or something? Like something is off." Rie laid her back down onto the bed the moment the girls left, staring at the blank ceiling, she couldn't figure out what was the difference between this mission and those in the past.

"Maybe you are thinking too much. This mission looks find to me." Aki replied after giving a thought, she do find the name of their target familiar though.

"Probably, maybe, I'm tired from two consecutive mission without a night rest. I better turn in earlier." Rie gave Aki a light peck and slowly getherself under the blanket, "don't stay up for too long, you are tired too."

"Got it, sleep tight." Aki pull up the blanket for Rie and turned off the lights in the room, leaving only one of the bed-side lamp litted.

"I better check on this." Aki whispered, quietly closing the door behind her and head towards the basement.