C

The 26 Alphabets

"How do I solve this equation?" Yuka placed her book besides Izumi and stare at the latter that was doing her revision.

"Let's see..." Izumi took the book and got into discussion and explanation work with Yuka.

"Chii-chan, could you pass me the highlighter?" Hiroka tried reaching for the highlighter which she was spinning and accidently dropped it in front of Chihiro.

"Chii-chan?" Hiroka waved her hand in front of Chihiro who was in daze.

"Here." Haruka took the highlighter and passed it to Hiroka.

"Hey, are you alright?" Haruka nudged Chihiro, whom was beside her.

"I'm just thinking of the previous mission. Something isn't right; something is definitely off in that mission." Chihiro expressed her thoughts and doubts.

"Me too, stating the fact G-san and I-san appearance wasn't the doubtful one." Hiroka place her highlighter down and stared aimlessly on her revision notes she had done.

"So it was the EMP?" The oldest spoke up as she stopped Yuka and Izumi from their discussion.

"If EMP was done purpose and it was not done by our own people, this could only meant that the target was the one." Hiroka calmly analyzed.

"So our target had a target." Izumi interpreted the words.

"Yes and their target must be something or someone important. They won't send a pro to do stupid stuff would they?" Haruka pointed out.

"Chii-chan, what are your thoughts?" Tomu kept an eye on the staircase leading to the second level where they were at.

"The target could be us." Chihiro made a daring assumption, "just base on what we could see, our trip and stay in the hotel was long confirmed, and for that, by any chance our details or information had been leak, his target could easily be us."

"I'll go and be the lookout." Yuka stood up from her seat and went down to the cafe.

"So, based on your assumption, we are exposed?" Ensuring that the lookout had gone down to act as a diversion, Tomu continued their conversation.

"I think so." Chihiro nodded.

"If we are exposed, this would mean that we could be in danger at any point of time."

"Haruppi is right, being exposed is as good as you are defendless." Hiroka agree on Haruka's statement.

"Did you talk about this with Akicha-san or Rie-san? I mean, they could have known more than us." Izumi asked.

"That's what i want to find out. Probably they want to keep it from us to prevent us to get worried or something, or there is something else." Chihiro pointed out her main question.

"Well, this has to start from the EMP if you want to find out anything." Tomu got the topic back to the start, where the doubt was and that could have led to more.

"Tomu, what do you think we should do?" without an answer in her mind, Chihiro is unable to come to conclusion or further decision.

"For now, everyone just stay alert, in school and on the street. If we are really exposed, there could be rat hiding among us, so keep things low for the moment. Ii-chan and Pii-chan could work on the EMP for answers, try looking into details of that guy and his connections, this may point into something."

"Ii-chan, Tomu, Akicha-san wants you two to tend the shop for a moment; they are going to get our dinner." Yuka shouted from the first level and her message was clearly the hint for them to stop their conversation.

"Chii-chan, don't worry too much. I know what you are worried about, but I trust them. All of them." Tomu gave Chihiro a light pat on her head and went to the ground floor with Izumi.

Still lost, Chihiro put aside her thoughts and re-focus on her books. There are things where is still early for them to know, but when are they old enough for it?

 

 

"Ri-, Rie-san? Is there something on my face?" Chihiro stuttered as she noticed Rie taking a few glances at her.

"There's a lot on your face, a lot of questions." Rie replied, while continuing to drive.

"Eh? She does?" Haruka, whom was sitting beside Chihiro at the back seat, turned over and looked at her.

"Haruppi, don't do that, this is embarrassing." Chihiro covered her face with her hand.

"I'll try to answer the question that you have." Rie look ahead as she controls the steering wheel confidently.

After the 'school trip', Rie notice that Chihiro sometime likes to sit alone and think quietly, unsorting things that is going through her mind, things that was kept from her. Hiroka and Haruka both have such cases to, yet, it had stopped for the two girls after a while.

Making use of their weekend, Rie and Aki are taking the girls out for lunch. The only difference is, they are taking different car, and heading to two different places before having their lunch. Rie is driving the girls to the mall, regular grocery shopping and shopping is something common for them, and it is almost every week, since Aki and Rie both enjoy cooking.

“It’s nothing, really.” Chihiro waved her hands frantically.

“It’s better for you to clear your doubts you know? You will find it difficult to apprehend things if you have so much doubts in your mind. Not to mention, this will affect our future mission, your future mission.” Rie tries to persuade Chihiro to raise her questions and doubts.

“Chii-chan?” Looking worriedly at undecided Chihiro, Haruka grabbed her hand and tighten it, encouraging Chihiro to speak her mind.

“Rie-san, who are they, the seniors that we have met in the hotel, G-san and I-san.” Finally speaking up, Chihiro couldn’t contain her curiosity about the others in the organization. Rie’s alphabet lies right between the two; Chihiro believes that she must have known at least their name.

“I’m glad you asked and I knew that you will, so Akicha and I have been waiting for your question. The two that you met are the duo in our organization that are trained for professional assassinations, their mission are normally against other organization or those well-trained. The shorter one of the duo is Takahashi Minami, otherwise known as G. The taller one is Maeda Atsuko, I.” Rie explained as she stopped her car in a parking lot.

“So there are many others that we have not met and not know who they are, am I right?” Chihiro asked.

“Well, to be exact, there’re only 26 of us, and there’re nearly half of them that you don’t know their identities. But trust me, not even me have met all of them, that’s why we have our emblem with us. When the time comes, Akicha and I will introduce them to you girls, so no worries, after all, we are in the same organization.”

Indeed, 26 alphabets, exactly 26 members, with Izumi as the last and youngest member of the organization, all 26 members were trained differently with different skills and pair up as a team. This explained that why most of the missions were done in pair, unless special circumstances, or the girls are more closely bonded with their pair.

"So why did Takahashi-san and Maeda-san got involve with the mission" Haruka cut in.

"For that... that's a mistake made by the A-san, he got the file mixed up when he past to us." Rie quickly explained.

"But the EMP is neither from Takahashi-san and Maeda-san, this only meant that someone else did it and could it be the target? He could be up to something if he does this." Hiroka pointed out the possible reason of EMP.

"Don't worry girls, we will look into this. Not to mention, Akicha wasn't really happy with the mistake of the mission, so don't mention this to her, you girls can talk to me instead. Alright, let's get our groceries or else we won't be able to meet the others." Rie grabbed her bag and got out of the car.

"Pii-chan, we'll count on you and Ii-chan for the answers." Chii-chan unlocked her seat-belt and step out of the car.

"We'll do our best."

 

"Tomu and Ii-chan, you two just hang out around here, Yuka and I will get the money deposited." Aki held her parcel out and signal Yuka to follow her.

"Can't Ii-chan go instead?" Yuka argued.

"You have something else to do with me." Aki smiled and grabbed hold of Yuka's hand, pulling the girl into the lift.

"What do you think?" Tomu lifted her head and survey the exterior of the bank that is right in front of them.

"If we are going to steal, it may be easier, but to ensure our target safety it would be challenging. There are too many loopholes." Izumi took several photos in various angle and spot.

"Akicha-san said she would need a sniping point. Base from where we are standing; there are a few of them."

"Akicha-san sniping spot have to be able to cover few of this area, and that only spot won’t be able to have the clear view of the ground where we are standing."

"It's the first time for us to do such mission; it is something new, isn't it?" Tomu kept a note in her phone by typing whatever they have said and taking down what she have noticed.

"That's the challenge isn't it? Tomu-san you won't be able to participate in this am I right? I remember you have a report to submit." A sudden thought hit Izumi's mind as she do not understand why is Tomu doing the on-site survey with her.

"Since I couldn't get involve in the main mission, I requested to do the surveying."

"You are more worry about Yuka, am I right? You are worry that she would cause trouble or something." Izumi guessed. Previously there were records where Yuka almost ruined a mission, getting Tomu and her being caught, luckily they managed to get away with the help of Chihiro and Haruka reinforcement.

"You know that kid always got excited and make some blunder here and there, but this time is different, the enemy is in the dark." Tomu kept her eyes on the building as she answered.

"Don't worry; I'll keep an eye on her." Speaking with confidence, Izumi give Tomu a light pat.

"I'll thank you in advance then. Only if Yuka acts more mature like you. How are you two even of the same age? Almost a direct opposite." Tomu place down her tablet and look at Izumi. The younger girl beside actually have a taller and bigger built then her, and even a mature looking face with her deep and hoarse voice. People can easily mistake the fact that Izumi is older than Yuka, or probably even Tomu herself. However, this duo act like their age at home and school, playing around with one another, brightening the mood at home, just without either of them, silence will be present. And somehow, that's one of the few similarities of them.

"Enough of it, I'm the youngest here, stop saying I'm not." Izumi whined and gave a crying look.

"I'm joking. I'm joking. Please don't cry here, this will be absolutely embarrassing." Tomu ransacked her bag and took out a packet of tissue and place it in front of Izumi. Holding back her tears, Izumi took a piece of tissue and wiped away the tears that fell before she manages to control it.

"I'm joking. Ii-chan, I'm sorry." Tomu took a piece of tissue and wipe away the remaining tears for Izumi. The only problem of this lively and mature girl, her tears fell without control and without warning. Sad or touching, her tears would be the first to fall.

"Ii-chan, what's wrong? Did something happen?" Yuka who appeared out of nowhere jumped out from Tomu's back, noticing that Izumi is crying, she went to her side and lock her arms around Izumi's waist.

"It's nothing, something went into my eyes." Izumi lied.

"Don't cry like a baby, it is just sand particles or some dirt. Let me take a look." Yuka tiptoed and take a clear look at Izumi, but the latter just push her incoming hand away.

"Tomu-san already got it out for me, I'm fine now." Izumi lied again, for the first part.

"Really? If it hurts or something you better tell us or inform Masana-san." Yuka revealed the mature side of her.

"She's fine Yuka, I'll keep an eye on her, where's Akicha-san?" Tomu tried to change the topic.

Yuka jumped up immediately after she hear Tomu's question. "Akicha-san is waiting in the car, she said that we are late and I'm supposed to get you two there."

"Don't worry, I'll do the explanation." Tomu smiled and took Yuka hand, "let's go for lunch."

"That's a great diversion." Izumi chuckled quietly behind the two back.

 

"I'm so sorry, sorry." X in a high school uniform apologize and quickly pick up the things that had been dropped.

"Sir, are you alright? I'll get it for you. You kid, watch where you are going." A female in black suits and sunglasses shouted with familiar voice and push the guy, whom X had knocked onto, towards the other bodyguards that wore the same attire as her.

"I'm really sorry." X packed her things carefully into her bag and stood up bowing with an apologetic look.

"Sir, here is your suitcase." The female body guard took up suitcase and hand it to a man at his 50s.

"Let's go, we waste enough time." The man in 50s instructed and left with the guards following behind him.

"I got it." X whispered as she quickly made her way up the stairs towards the bank ahead.

As X was running up the steps, a slight mistake and trip cause her to drop her bag and fell on the stairs. As the bag dropped, items that were not secured fell out and a black box rolled down to the steps. X turned around in horror to see the black box lying on the ground, her instant reaction made her ran down the stairs.

"X lookout!" Reacting to the words that rang in her ears, X turned around but sees nothing, and yet she felt a sudden pressure on her chest and another. The pressure causes a sharp pain on her skin and muscles which was too hard to bear, losing her immediate conscious, she rolled down the remaining few steps and lay besides the black box.

These actions attracted the group of man and guards who had left earlier and the most importantly, the man in 50s noticed the black box that was lying on the ground. He quickly places his suitcase on the ground and opens it; half expected that his suitcase is empty.

"She had stolen my it, get her!" The man shouted as he pointed at X furiously, hoping to rip the girl apart.

"We'll sir, but first, I'll have to get you." One of the bodyguards spoken and lifted out a revolver from his back and used a bullet on the head of the man in 50s. After the man is lying on ground motionlessly, the guard pointed his gun at the remaining that was with the man.

"What are you doing?" The remaining 4 guards are in shock and slowly back away.

"I'll have to get you guys too." Pressing on the trigger, he shot a bodyguard and ran forward, going into a combat with the others.

Going down with an easy fight, the bodyguard armed with gun, finding the others no challenge as he easily defeated them one-handed and all killed by his revolver

"Who are you, who sent you here?" The only female bodyguard asked with her husky voice. She's the last one to be killed; she could not break free from the gripped which had locked her and was forced to lie on the ground with the unknown armed and his hands locked on .

"You don't have to know that, after all, you will die like them." He smirked and tightens the grip on , trying his might to suffocate her.

Suffocated, the female once again tried to struggle and break free and yet she could not overcome the strength forcing down her body. As she was slowly overwhelmed by the lack of air, a sudden surge of oxygen which allows her to breathe chokes her, bringing her to cough and yelps for air. The body weight above her was gone and the surge of oxygen is due to the release of grip on .

"Z stand up and get away from there, you are no match for him." As instructed, the female bodyguard, Z, slowly gotten up with her sights blurred and still coughing.

"I see you are not alone." The armed was shot by M, located at a position that Izumi and Tomu had decided as the best spot. He stood up with all his strength suppressing on his side waist which was shot, as blood slowly stained his hands.

"But sad to say, neither am I." His smirk and smile would probably be the most disgusted thing Z had ever seen. Even if this guy is injured, he is still a strong fighter; he started to take his steps towards Z.

"Z, get X and......." the further words were heard as M suddenly stop the sentence and fell into silence.

Z slowly retreated backwards as she sees the armed approaching, slightly traumatized; her brain could not react as fast as she wanted.

"Come on, stay awake." Before the armed had gotten to Z, X already took her hand and ran towards the main road.

"Are you alright?" Looking at the blue-black mark on her neck, which is more obvious when Z's skin tone is fair, X asked in concerned.

"I'm good, how about you?" X received two shots from an unknown people and unknown angle, yet, she was lucky to be wearing bullet proof vest. This prevents her from getting shot, however the impact done by the shot is still great and it hurts.

"I got the vest, remember?" Hitting on the bullet proof vest she was wearing, X manages to make Z smile in such emergency situation.

"W, can you contact M-san, we need her instruction, and we got a beast chasing behind." Z contacted W, whom was located in the building lobby opposite the building where M was situated at, she had been on standby for further instruction from M and to check on the member locations.

"Turn towards the right, 50m from there you'll find an alley, you two can hide there." W tapped into the satellite and managed to located the two locations and give them further instruction with the full overview of the vicinity roads and buildings.

"As for M-san, I couldn't contact her either, something is wrong." W got her attention into her laptop, a sudden lost in contact with their leader was not a good sign, it either meant someone had disrupted their connection signal, or their leader got into some problem, and that will be a big problem.

"Try the other network, the beast mentioned that he wasn't alone, so you should stay alert too, they definitely have more than one people." Proposing possible solution and thinking for possible reasons, Z and X entered into an alley which is dark, dirty, and messy, perfect for them.

"I'll work on it, be careful alright?" W continue her tapping and clicking sound, not bother by the surrounding speeches and quietly focusing on her laptop in the cafe. If anything is going to happen to the two of them, she will make sure that the guy won't be using any forms of technology that access internet.

 

 

"Come out, I know you're here, there's no point hiding." The man enters the alley with one hand on his waist; suppress his injuries, preventing further bleeding. Even with this, blood have already stain his attire and the fact that he was shot made him weaker as his breathing was unstable and the chasing have slightly worsen his condition.

"I'll be the diversion, just stay inside here and run after he is gone, understand?" Z whispered as she took a quick glance from their hiding spot, the only back door in the alley. The back door of the shop supposed to be a hope for them, but the shop was closed and the front gate was not open. The girls are trapped and there's no other way to escape besides the back door which was left unlock.

"No, that's too dangerous..."

"M-san wants you to get the box and protect it, that's your job. My job is to protect you two." Z covered X mouth before the latter was going to speak more, explaining with a harsh tone and a glare, Z pick up a fire extinguish located nearest to her and took another glance outside.

"Come on out, just hand me the box and I'll let you go."

"Lock the door and hide behind the counter, come out only when W says so. You hear me?" X quietly nodded her head and received the fire extinguisher.

Taking a deep breath Z opens the door and swings it back with full force, closing up the door. Staying low beside the carts placed beside the back door, she only start running after she heard the soft clicking sound that shows that the door is locked. And the loud bang of the door already attracted sufficient attention of the man, allowing him to be prepared.

"Go on and run, because you can't do that forever." The man lifted his gun and took a aim at the back of the running figure in front of him, smirking, he pulled his trigger.