Initiation

Tuxedo

 

“Good Morning, Sunshine!”

A ray of light disturbing Yoona’s beauty sleep. She squints her eyes as she turns her head to the source of light. She groans in annoyance, “Who is it?” she barely can see the figure who just pulled away the curtain.

“Are you planning to spend your whole day in bed, sleeping beauty?  You should at least give me some proper hello.”

Yoona closes her eyes. She remembers that voice. Of course, the awkward boy from Beijing. “Xiao lu?” yoona let out a faint smile after seeing clearer figure of Luhan.

The boy smiles sheepishly, “Glad that you still remember my name.”

Yoona laughs as she put her arms wide open, “Come here, big boy~!”

Luhan approaching her and gives her a big hug, “It’s been awhile, huh?”

Yoona grins widely, “You haven’t changed.. well you become more handsome...”

Luhan wiggles his eyebrows, happy to hear Yoona’s compliment.

“..but the height hasn’t changed yet..” Yoona jokingly added.

“Ya.. yaa..!! stop... making... fun... of... my.. heights..” Luhan playfully tickling Yoona’s waist.

“Wait wait.. okay, i will stop, i promise. No... xiao lu.. stop it!!” yoona rolls away from luhan’s side, “yah! Xiao lu!!”

 

Luhan retreats from his invasion after he catches a glimpse of shadow from the bathroom. “Who is that?”

Yoona’s laugh fades away as she also caught the unknown figures at her room, “oh my god! Are you an intruder??!! I’m gonna call a cops! Don’t mess up with me. My father is..”

 “..relax.. i’m just doing my job here.” The said intruder lays his gaze to Yoona rather coldly. Ignoring the house owner and the boy beside her, he continues checking something on his hands.

Yoona quirks her brows, “You mean your job is invading someone else’s house without permission? That’s called a burglar!! I’m calling a cop!”

The intruder shrugs nonchalantly, eyes keeps darting on the small monitor in front of him, “if you want my advice, rather than call the cops, you call your father’s office and say cho kyuhyun is here. I haven’t reported to them anyway. That would be a great favor for me.”

Yoona looks confused for awhile, “my fathe— oh my god..” now she remembers, “you’re the one who’s assigned to protect me..?”

“Protecting you from what?” luhan unknowingly asks.

Yoona shifts her gaze to Luhan for awhile, giving him an ‘i’ll explain later’ expression. Then she shifts her gaze back to the taller guy that already moves to the bookshelf at the corner of her room.

“Hey, hey what are you doing? Don’t touch my stuff without my permission. Heeyy!! ” yoona rushes to take the stuff that the taller guy touch carelessly.

“No, no, don’t touch that plushie.. no, no, put that down!!” yoona almost screams in frustration when Kyuhyun turn upside down the glass hour at the top of the bookshelf.

“Can you please be quiet? I’m doing my work here! You are obstructing me.” Kyuhyun roughly brushes yoona’s arm away.

“Yeah? And what is that exactly? I suppose my father was asking you to protect me not to invade my privacy like this!”

Kyuhyun breathes out in annoyance. He grits his teeth before he lets out another words, “Let’s talk outside.”

Yoona creases her brows, “no, you tell me here.” She crosses her hands and standing firmly on the ground.

“Yeah? Outside. Right now!” kyuhyun suddenly raises yoona’s body and casually put half of it on his shoulder. He’s carrying her like carrying a rice sack.

“Wait! What the hell are you doing? Put me down!!” Yoona repeatedly hitting kyuhyun’s body.

“Hey! Put her down!” luhan’s trying to interfere but kyuhyun gives him a death glare.

“You stay there kid. I have no bussiness with you. You interfere with this, i’ll put a restrain order against you. Do you understand?”

 

---

 

“Did my father really send you? Because i don’t like you. I will ask him to change you with someone else right away.” Yoona threatens the agent in front of her.

“Yeah? Listen to me.. you spoil brat..” kyuhyun grips yoona’s hand rather harshly, “we don’t have time for your uncooperative attitude. The only reason why i’m here is because your dad asked me to. The only reason they chose me to be here... is because i’m the best at this field period. Did you really think that they will change me right away because you dislike me?”

Yoona slowly shrinks under Kyuhyun’s deathly glare. His glare is very lethal, there’s something on his eyes that scares her, “You’re... hurting me...”

There’s a flinch on Kyuhyun’s eyes. When he realized what he just did, he immediately retreat himself, “I’m sorry.. i’m sorry” he looks a little bit confused and then leave the other confused party alone.

 

“You alright?” out of the blue Luhan appears right behind her, he looks worried, “What does he want? Why is he here?”

Yoona stared at Kyuhyun until the guy disappear from her sight, “he’s my... bodyguard..”

 

...

 

After yesterday’s ‘incident’ Yoona hadn’t seen Kyuhyun again. Well, she saw him a couple of times actually, but he acted like he didn’t see her. He’s busy doing something from room to room, and hall to hall. She doesn’t know what he did and for how long. Whether he’s staying here or not. But considering the circumstances, probably he will stay in one of the guest room downstairs.

To tell you the truth, she feels a little bit uncomfortable knowing that she has to live with stranger. But she has no choice.

“Going somewhere?” a voice distracting her thought.

Yoona turns her head around and found the agent guy has been doing something with her car.

“What are you doing?”

Kyuhyun casually checking something inside the car, as if it is his own car, “this car won’t do. Use my car while i’m fixing this car.”

Yoona takes a large step and immediately pulls him out of the car, “what. are. you. doing?”

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes, “checking your car?”

“But it’s fine??!!!” Yoona strains herself not to strangle the older guy in front of him.

“It depends.. it is fine if i’m not hired by your father to protect you. But the problem is, he hired me. Which by all means, it is not fine.”

“But...” yoona want to protest but kyuhyun cut her fast, “no buts... i will ask someone from the company to fix your car. In the mean time, i will drive you around.”

Yoona impulsively reaching out for the car keys on kyuhyun’s hand. But kyuhyun is faster, “don’t even think about it.” Kyuhyun put the keys on his pocket, then he walks past by her.

Yoona exhales in frustration. This is disaster. Even his father won’t do this much to her. But this guy... she should do something about this.