The Target

Tuxedo

Secret Service Training Center

Seoul

 

It’s just another busy day at the TC. There are police and agents who working out to maintain the shape of their body. But there are also people who got disciplined because they didn’t execute the order from the head chief properly.

The constant shoutings are heard throughout the hall. The smell of sweat and also exhaustion can be smelled too. Even at some point you can heard a little thud which is coming from the shooting room on the basement.

 

“Agent Cho?”

Kyuhyun who has been jabbing to his sandbag doesn’t immediately retreat from it. He continues doing what he do and doesn’t even bother to look at the previous agent.

The latter agent clear his throat. He knows that Agent Cho is one of the most difficult agent and also superior to deal with. It’s a burdensome for most of the people who works under his watch. He has his own way when he’s dealing with a case.

Although he’s still 26 years old but he managed to be one of the most valuable asset within SS itself. No matter how many times he got disciplined for not following the order of his previous chief, it doesn’t stop him to be one of the best agent. Actually he’s already promoted to be one of the chief. But since it is South Korea, where age does matter. They will just postponed the promotion until at least he reached 30 years old.

“Sir, Mr. Kim asked you to come to his office right after lunch hour and he asked me to g—“

“Put it right there. I will read it later.” Kyuhyun immediately cut off his words.

The latter agent immediately put the file folder near Kyuhyun’s duffel bag. He just need to make sure Kyuhyun remember the appointment time and he can leave. “and sir, don’t forget, chief kim asked you to..”

“I know.” Kyuhyun cut off his words again, “just leave..”

“Yes sir.”

 

Kyuhyun keeps jabbing the sandbag for a few more times before finally ended it with a twist kick. He stared at the file folder with CONFIDENTIAL stamp on it.

Interesting, Kyuhyun thought. It’s been awhile since he received something confidential. It’s either a secret operation or him being an espionage.

 

...

 

“Why are you going to New York when i just return to seoul? Do you hate me?” a girl asks her dad between their morning meals.

Her father only smiles hearing his daughter’s complained, “Don’t be like that, Yoona. You know that i have got a  work to do.”

“Does it have to be right after i got back to Seoul?  I want to spend more time with you..” Yoona doesn’t care if now she’s sound like a 6. She just sad the fact that she has to live without his father again for another months.

Her father stared at her, he put down his utensils, “I’m sorry that i can’t abandon this job right away. You know that i’m still in charged for this op., right? But i promise you.. this will be the last. If this gets done. I will be retired soon.”

Yoona frowns, she’s a little bit guilty for pushing her father like that. She knows that her father’s job is rather special and also dangerous.

When yoona 8 years old, she witnessed her mother died before her eyes in order to protect her. And her father always blaming himself for that. He thought that it’s all because of his job. He used to think highly of himself which cost him his own wife. He doesn’t want to lose his precious daughter too, that’s why he slowly distanced himself with her. He barely can look her straight in the eyes, because Yoona is a copy carbon to her mother. He knows that Yoona didn’t blame her for anything. But that’s just making it harder for him even more.

He loves his daughter, of course. No need to argue about it. That’s why he sent her to study abroad while he’s trying to ‘catch the bad guys’. The term that he always use with Yoona. And now that he’s assigned to Russia, he needs to make sure that her daughter is safe. He needs to make sure that she is alright while he’s not around.

“I’m sorry dad.” Yoona softly apologizing.

Her father squeezes her hand lightly, “It’s okay. I will make it up to you once it’s all done...”

Yoona nods lightly.

“But don’t worry, this time i won’t leave you alone.” Her father exhales deeply, “i already asked one of my friend to send one of his best man to protect you.”

It takes awhile before the words of her father sank into her mind, “wait what? Best man? Protect me? your friend? What?”

 

...

 

Black Tuxedo..

or Tuxedo..

or Vendetta.. he lives up to many pseudonym for his work. No one knows his real identity. But amongst the names that’s given to him, he preferred himself to be called as Vodka.

He lives as an assassin. The famous one. He works very fast and clean. No mistakes, no trails, different methods. He’s done that for so many times already.

He can do his job by days or nights. Tailing the subject for 24/7, making notes for their behaviors and actions, and then executing them without any trace.

He’d rather to work alone than in a team. He don’t want to waste his time by arguing with his teammate about how, when, and where.

 

It’s been awhile since he got a hit target and seems like this time it will be a little bit different. He already take a quick look at documents that was given to him last night.

His next target is the daughter from a specialist agent.

Vodka scoffs, ‘too bad eh, young lady? No matter how pretty you are, you won’t be anymore once you stop breathing..’ Vodka flicks his fingers on the board with a girl picture on it.

There’s a brief information beneath the picture.

 

Target:                    daughter of Special Agent Gook.

Mission:                 finding information about all cases that agent Gook works or worked on, kidnap the daughter after finding all the needed information and bring her to the address that we will inform after you made a first contact.

Job’s due:               8 weeks from the moment of the first payment’s paid.

 

...

 

Incheon Airport

 

Yoona really hates to say another goodbye to her father. Actually, her father asked her to stay at home, that she doesn’t have to send him off to the airport. But Yoona insist that she has to, so her father retreated.

“Now, no need to go further. Let’s say our goodbye here. I don’t want something bad happen to you.” He landed a light kiss on her forehead.

Yoona bit back her tears that threatened to fall. She’s too old to cry, at least that’s what she thinks. “I know. Promise me that you’ll be safe no matter where you are. And you have to contact me every once in awhile. Promise me..”

“I promise, Yoona.” He pats his hair lightly. Taking a good look of his daughter.

“Mr. Gook?” one of the liaison called him, telling him that it’s almost the time to leave.

There’s a long silence before he gives a response to the liaison. He’s praying. He prays that the guardian angel have a kind heart and will look after his daughter. Because he knows that his last mission won’t be easy and he’s almost sure that it will cost him another life.

“See you in 2 months, yoona. Take care.”

 

------------------------------------------------------