Girlfriend

Bundle of Love Strings

Girlfriend

(feat. Wonder Girls’ Ahn Sohee & 2PM’s Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul)

"She is your girlfriend right now"

 

 

“Thank you for your great work. Thank you.” I repeatedly bow to the staffs and production crew before exiting the main room.

 

Glancing at the clock hanging above the mirror, I smile silently to myself before stripping off the endorsed clothing. After changing into my casual clothes, I greet the staffs one last time before making my way to the parking lot.

 

Briskly sliding into my white Audi, I gently place my yellow Celine bag on the passenger seat and reached for the seatbelt before the outburst of my iPhone interrupted my movement.

 

“Hello?” I answered.

 

“Sohee? Am I interrupting your photo shoot?” came Sunye’s worried voice on the other line. 

 

“I just finished, I’m about to head home now. Is everything alright?” 

 

“I just wanted to check up on you. I haven’t visited once since you signed under BH Entertainment. Are you free tonight? I really miss you, So.”

 

“Unnie, I miss you too. How about you come over and I'll call for takeout?”

 

“Terrific, I’ll see you soon mandu!”

 

Unnie quickly hung up before I can rebute back for calling me by my nickname but that doesn’t stop a smile from escaping my lips as I recall the times when Yeeun and Sunye would tease me for my bloated face.

 

Reaching for the seatbelt, I was overjoyed at the idea of seeing Sunye again.

 

 

 “What’s the special occasion?” I asked curiously the second I was pulled into a group hug after unlocking my front door. Breaking free from the hug, I got a good look at the worried expressions planted on the makeup-less faces of Miss A members, Sunye unnie, and the other Wonder Girls.

 

“What happened? Did something happen at JYP?” 

 

No one answered my question and before I could repeat myself the doorbell rang.

 

Without checking who was at the door I mindlessly opened the door assuming it was the deliveryman. Instead I was greeted by a sea of familiar faces. 2AM oppas. 2PM oppas. GOT7 dongsaengs. And Sunmi. Why is everyone from JYP here?

 

“Sohee noona!” Jackson and Jr simultaneously called for me. There was no trace of their mischievous smirks found on their faces and the unusual hint of relieve in their voice baffled me. 

 

“Shouldn’t you guys be in Japan?” I raised my brows.

 

The boys instantly turned to 2PM. There was a mixture of fear and anxiety in their eyes and I couldn’t decipher the reason behind it. For a group that has debuted for 3 months they are already well loved in South Korea, and their Japan showcase was a success. What could be the reason for their worried looks?

 

“Can someone tell me what’s going on?”

 

“Why don’t we go inside first?” Taecyeon oppa was the first to speak.

 

Without any further questions, I obliged and took a seat in the living room. Once everyone was situated I repeated my earlier question.

 

“Shouldn’t you, you, and you be in Japan for Mcountdown in Yokohama?” I sharpen my gaze at 2PM, Sunmi, and GOT7 before continuing my interrogation. “I thought you’re in New York, preparing for your new album? Shouldn’t Jinwoon be in Brazil right now? Don’t you all have places to be at right now instead of sitting uncomfortably in my living room?” I directed my gaze at Yeeun and Jinwoon.

 

“Miso couple is incomplete without me so I urgently took the first flight back after the Mcountdown recording to reunite with you! Did you miss me?" exclaimed the 4D Alien who was instantly elbowed by Fei unnie for her ridiculous answer.

 

No one broke out in laughter at Sunmi’s odd answer. This is unlike the people I know.

 

“I mean it, why are you all here at my apartment at this time? It’s 2 in the morning! Wait, where’s Khun?”

 

As the words roll of my tongue, the crowded living room immediately mute. After a minute of eye staring contest and foot tapping, Kwonie decides to break the silence.

 

“We’re just worried." he said. About what?

 

“But I’m perfectly fine.”

 

“Turn on the television.” Demanded Seulong.

 

“Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany and 2PM’s Nichkhun go public with their relationship”

 

“Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany and 2PM’s Nickhun go public with their relationship. Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany and 2PM’s Nichkhun. Go public. With their relationship. Relationship. Relationship.” repeated in my head like a broken record.

 

“Khun?” I directed my question to no one in particular. I knew that I was on the verge of tears but I couldn’t let myself seem vulnerable.

 

Lifting my face from the television screen, I was faced with the shocked faces of Mark and Bambam.

 

“N-noona, you’re c-crying”

 

“Khun?” I repeated my question.

 

A pair of warm hands find their way to my waist. Without turning my gaze away from the foreigners of GOT7, I immediately knew whose arms those belonged to.

 

“So-”

 

“You knew didn’t you?” I finally found the courage to face Minjun oppa.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know how to tell you.”

 

My world was crumbling into pieces. I was in a daze. The cracking of my heart echoed throughout my body and was ringing at the tips of my eardrums. The tearing of the beating organ was pulling me into hell. I was genuinely feeling ill as if a vacuum was at my soul and left me with a void. The feeling of complete emptiness was a slap to the face that reminded me that “everything” I once had is now “nothing.” My reality was an ugly truth.

 

Drops of warm liquid brought Yugyeom, Chansung, and Jia rushing to my side. The chic facade I always had up came crumbling the moment I witness the tears of the pure and innocent member of GOT7. Am I that pathetic? Is my pain that noticeable?

 

The strong and emotionless member of Wonder Girls has never felt so lonely before. “Why didn’t I try to hold onto you back then?” Countless questions ran through my mind as tears continue to fall.

 

“I’m sorry” came Sunye unnie’s muffled voice. By this time I was pulled into a hug by the girls and from the amount of shivering, they are probably crying.

 

“I’m sorry” I solemnly replied.

 

"Noo-" Youngjae was unable to finish his sentence.

 

“Why!” Wooyoung exploded. “Why are you sorry? He should be sorry!”

 

“You’re an amazing girl, Sohee. Stop putting yourself down.” Changmin oppa softly gave his input.

 

“I’m sorry for causing trouble. I don’t know why I was dubbed as the nation’s younger sister when I couldn’t even sing or dance. I’m sincerely indebted to my unnies. Because I was the flaw of the group, they were forced to face countless criticism and doubts about their talents. I’m sorry for always making unnies and Lim worry about me. I’m sorry for involving Seulong oppa in that dating rumor, 2AM received a flood of harsh comments because of me. 2PM oppas are the older brothers I never had and they always showered me with their unconditional love so I’m especially sorry for creating that tension between oppas and Khun. You guys are like brothers but I came along and broke that bond. I'm apologetic to the members of Miss A, especially Suzy. I'm sorry you were constantly compared to me when you first debuted, I know how stressful it can be for a 16-year-old but I wasn't there to lend you a shoulder and listen to your worries because I was in America. GOT7, my lovely dongsaengs, I’m sorry for making you rush here right after your performance. I know how exhausting it is as a rookie. You know that noona cares a lot about you seven right? I asked oppa to take me to your debut stage but I didn’t dare to congratulate you in person in case my presence might bring negativity to your name.” I sobbed uncontrollably in Lim’s arms as I choked on my apology.

 

It was never your fault, Hee. We trusted him but he broke your heart.” sighed Junho oppa.

 

I can hear the exasperated sigh of the girls once Junho finishes his sentence.  

 

“Noona, we didn’t know you came to our debut stage…” spoke JB, the most straightforward member of JYP’s new boy band.

 

“She attended all of your debut stage and personally requested Jiyoung hyung to remove the intro dance after witnessing Mark fall on stage. She doesn’t outwardly display her emotions like hyung but I know that she really cares about your group.” Taec butted in.

 

Without a warning the seven maknaes of JYP Nation rushed forward, knocking the living day lights out of me in the process but I didn't mind one bit because I was overwhelmed by their gratitude when they roughly pulled me into a group hug and mumbled their thank yous.

 

“She’s JYP’s ice princess for a reason.” Sunmi jokingly said.

 

"Stop crying or you'll look like an extra large mandu in the morning." Min tried to lighten the atmosphere.

 

“Isn’t this a beautiful scene? The maknaes of the company with our forever baby mandu!” Yeeun exclaims.

 

“I’m ier though, right?” asked Jackson who suddenly bobbed his head out from the hug. 

 

 

After hours of convincing, everyone finally went home.

 

The once crowded living room is now empty and lonely like my heart. Turning the television on, the announcer excitably reads the news on Tiffany and Khun’s newfound love.

 

Unconsciously I head towards the kitchen to gulp down the untouched bottles of soju sitting at the bottom of the fridge. After the nth bottle, I reach for the iPhone tucked neatly in my back pocket and press speed dial #1.

 

After the third ring your deep, husky voice projects over the line. 

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Looks like you were sleeping, sorry if I woke you up.”

 

“Hee?”

 

“Since it’s all over between us…but please, just for a short while, a short while just remain like this.”

 

“I’m with my girlfriend right now.” I couldn’t believe what you said. Did you really say that you were with your girlfriend? Is this real?

 

“Hee, what’s wr-” I hang up the call before my scar is craved any deeper into my heart. Tomorrow I won’t remember any of it anyway.

 

Within seconds my phone is ringing with your name flashing in bold letters. Curling myself into a fetal position, I stare at the phone screen until my heavy eyelids close.

 

 

“Noona, Yubin noona gave me the passcode to your apartment because I for-” I quickly shut my mouth as to not interrupt your phone conversation. 

 

“Looks like you were sleeping, sorry if I woke you up.”

 

“Since it’s all over between us…but please, just for a short while, a short while just remain like this.”

 

From afar you were always that star I could only aim for but didn’t dare to reach. Today I saw the real Ahn Sohee and not the chic Sohee that throws on a mask because she doesn’t want people to see her vulnerability.  

 

Standing still by the door, I watch you slowly curl into a fetal position on the leather couch until deep slumber invites you to dreamland.

 

Taking the opportunity, I quietly slip off my Jordans and make my way towards your sleeping position. In one swift action, I remove my coat and gently place it over your petite body.

 

“You are so beautiful, Khun hyung doesn’t know what he missed out on.” I thought to myself as I stare at your flushed cheeks.

 

Mesmerized by your natural beauty, I couldn’t refrain myself from tucking a loose lock of hair behind your ear. Smiling to myself, I mentally thanked Yubin noona for giving me the passcode to your apartment but a call from the members pull me back to reality and with one last glance, I hesitantly drag my feet to the front door. 


Banner from 2differenttears & hottestfly


I'm a big KhunHee shipper since their Nobody Tango collab in 2008 so I decided to write a story for my sunken ship after I saw the news. I am aware that there is a similar story written by LibraBabbby so I just wanted to clarify that I did not copy her storyline, it was purely coincidence. Check out her story if you have time! Any guess on who the mysterious fella is?