1/2

Story Endings

He met her on a rainy day. He remembered how enchanted he was just watching her scan the book she was reading. Her simple actions amused him, he was attracted to her. He knew she had something special in her that spiked his interest. And he wasn't wrong.

That moment, he knew he had to do something for him to meet her again. He was more than willing to do something just to make way for a second meeting.

"You like reading books with happy endings?" Out of the blue, he asked her. She seem surprised hearing the stranger who was sitting a few tables from her, ask.

"Who doesn't like happy endings?" She asked back. Their eyes met and that instant they both knew they could connect to each other.

"But sometimes happy endings seem surreal." He listened to her, his eyes tracing every features of her beautiful face. He learned she loves to read books. Especially ones that has happy endings. Love stories that shows readers that love can conquer everything.

"Why do you like happy endings?" Her question caught him off guard. For a moment, he was silent. Words in his mind, trying to create one reason why.

He was a writer. Creating stories that would touch readers' hearts was his passion. Yet he couldn't answer one simple question from this girl in front of him.

"Because they make me feel like I'm the one living it."

 

And yet, to his joy, they both agreed on a second meeting. They were no longer strangers to each other. And both found themselves comfortable being around one another. How comfortable even that brought him hope that they could advance up to be more than friends.

"Why do you write in the guy's perspective?" She asked him one afternoon they were enjoying her freshly baked home made cookies. When she learned that he was a writer, she was ecstatic. She told him she adored writers. Especially their talents on how they could easily touch someone's heart.

"Because I'm a guy and it's easier. But probably because I wanted people to know that even guys could feel pain. And have a broken heart too. Other people think we're not capable of being hurt." He shrugged, the girl nodding as she fully digest what he just said. And just like that, their topic ended up to stereotyping.


Day by day, she never failed to amaze him even more. He learned a lot about her and he was grateful she let him in her life. From mere strangers, they were someone who could easily read each other's mind. He knew how she wanted her coffee sweet with three sugars and cream; how she would bite on her nails whenever she feels scared or nervous; how she would always light up at the mere mention of her favorite food, chocolate. And most important, he knew how scared she was of two things. Sad endings and being alone. The day he knew about her fears, he promised himself he would never let those fears come across her life.

"I like you. I have liked you already the very first time I laid my eyes on you inside that coffee shop. You have something in you that itched me to just approach and talk to you. Because I didn't want it to be our last meeting." His eyes were staring right back at her. He could see fear and happiness in her eyes. Mirroring his. He was scared she would reject him. And he didn't want his first confession to end up with rejection.

"I know, I surprised you. But I'm not rushing you. I would give you time to think. I just don't want you to walk away from me. Let's forget about what I said until you have an answer for me. I don't want to ever lose you Hyuna."

She only smiled at him. A smile that he couldn't decipher what's the true meaning behind. He told her he was not rushing her but deep inside, he was slowly breaking down. He was afraid of what she might answer him. An answer that he wouldn't like. Because he can't imagine his life without her.

"I'm scared Kris. I'm scared that we might not have a happy ending." Her words pierced him. Does she like him too for her to be scared of what might happen to them in the future?

"I won't promise you a bed of roses. But one thing I'm sure about, I will do whateve rit takes for us to have a happy ending. You don't have to be scared. I will always be with you." He held her hand tightly, but in a gentle way that he wouldn't hurt her. All he wanted to do starting from that day was to love her and take care of her. Because she was his most precious diamond.


Days, weeks, and months went on. It amazed him how time flies by so fast. He lived a happy and contented life with her. He gave her anything she wanted, offered her everything he has to offer and showered her with his love. And they were both happy. But they were just like any other couple. They argued over little things. But that only strengthen them. They were perfectly imperfect.

"I want you to be my Mrs. Wu Yi Fan." He was sure of it. There's no any other girl he could picture walking down that aisle as he wait at the end, only her. She was the love of his life. His eternal love.

"Kim Hyuna, will you marry me? And spend the rest of your life with me?" He saw through his tears as she nod her head and finally say that one word that would change their lives. He had never felt so happy until that day when he knew he would be spending his forever with her.

 

The day of their wedding was the start of their new beginning. He had probably cried more tears than his wife did. But he wasn't a bit ashamed of it. Because he knew that their wedding marked another start for their lives together. The start of their happy ending. 

And another one succeeded just a few months into their married life.

"It's positive. You're four weeks pregnant Mrs. Wu." The news totally blew the couple's minds off. They weren't expecting it to be so soon. But both were excited hearing that sooner, they would be welcoming their third family member.

Slowly, as they progressed on, it became harder for her. And it scared him. Seeing how his wife suffer and slowly become weak right in front of him. At first, they thought it was natural. But they never expected it to be something so serious.

It wasn't long before they found the real reason for it. It shook their world. Almost making him lose his sanity. She was on her sixth month that time. The kind doctor broke the news to them, trying to sound positive and hide the pity she was feeling for the young couple. But he was too dazed to even process the next words that she said. He just couldn't.

 

 

==

 

Word count: 1201