Chapter 23

The Secret Composer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 months later~~~
Jieun’s POV

“ Jongin oppa! What should I do? This is my debut stage! What if my voice cracks? What if I forget my dance moves? What happens if I fall?!?!” I walked around the waiting room, feeling nervous and scared.

“ Don’t worry, JiJI. You’re going to be great! As soon as you released your song, it achieved an all-kill! I guess debuting as ‘IU’ wasn’t such a bad idea after all.”

“ But the thing is, I’m competing with you, namely Exo, for the #1 spot! And I composed mine and your song!”

I walked back and forth even faster. Jongin oppa stood up and hugged me.

“ It’s going to be alright. You’ll do just fine. In fact, you did better than us when we(Exo) were rookies.” He whispered into my ear.

I blushed. Aw man. I hope it isn’t too obvious.

Just then, Chanyeol oppa suddenly opened the door and he and the rest of Exo just…….. stared at us.

“ Uuummm…. are we interrupting something…?” Chanyeol oppa said.

“ Jongin oppa and I looked at each other until we realized we were still hugging each other.

“ S-sorry! I just couldn’t help myself.” Jongin oppa said while he let go of me.”

“…. Anyways, how are you feeling, Jieun?” Suho oppa asked.

“ Well, a mix of every emotion that exists.”

“ Don’t worry. We all felt that way when we first debuted. I stuttered so much at an interview!” D.O oppa said.

One of the staff members came in the room and said “ IU, you’re up in 5 minutes.”

Once she said that, it felt like my heart stopped beating. It was so nerve wrecking!

“ Oh my gosh. I’m up in 5 minutes…..”

“ Relax Jieun. Take deep breaths. You can do this.” Lay oppa said.

Okay, Lee Jieun! You can do this!

As I went up on stage, everybody screamed so loud my ear drums almost exploded and it just made me even more nervous.

The song started and I started singing and dancing. As I did that, I felt….happy. I no longer felt scared or nervous. Now I know why people want to become idols…

The song finished and the rest of the idols who performed that night and the hosts joined me on stage. I stood next to the hosts with Exo on the other side. 

“ Now, it’s time to announce the #1 song this week!” IU’s ‘good day’ or Exo’s ‘growl’!”

“ And the #1 song for this week is……….”

 

“ IU! IU! IU!” Exo chanted as we were on our way to the waiting room. I put down my head in embarrassment as the staff looked at us.

“ Come on, Jieun! Cheer up! You won 1st place! Lift up your head proudly!” Chen slung his arm around my shoulder.

“ Well I would if you guys would stop chanting my name.”

We reached the waiting room and I opened the door. To my surprise, Infinite was there!

“ Congratulations, Jieunie!” They said together.

“I teared up and ran to Myungsoo. I literally jumped on him and he almost fell.

“ I missed you guys so much! Why are you here?”

“ Exo gave us backstage passes.” Myungsoo showed me his pass.

“ Hey I want a hug too!” Sungjong shouted.

“ Maknae!” I hugged him then hugged the rest.

“ Now let’s go home and celebrate!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter