Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

"Here's your card, sir. Thank you for your purchase and have a good day." The lady cashier told Key off as the diva made his way towards us, shopping bags in both of his hands. Dahae-Noona had been busy browsing through the clothes and commenting how variety of fashion nowadays had caught her eyes while Minho sighs and smile while chatting from time to time, his left hand carrying Dahae-noona's shopping bags, but not as much as Key's. Itzel had been sleeping since some time ago and my arms are starting to cramp. We had been in the shopping mall since this morning and semingly so fast it became afternoon. No wonder I'm starting to feel fatigued.

"Taemin, I've bought something for you." Dahae-noona informs me as all four of us group up.

"Oh me too! I've bought something for Taemin too!" Key cuts in and I could only smile gratefully at them.

"And Minho, don't be sad. You got yours too." Dahae-noona adds and I could see the frog's eyes lit up expectantly. "I made sure what I bought are couple shirts." She slyly smiled and Minho made a surpised face.

"My gosh Noona! I think we're long lost siblings! I've done the same thing~" Key said and they giggle happily at their decision. I could only roll my eyes back.

"Bloody hell I'm going to wear some couple shirt with--" Minho retorted and glances at me, unfinishing his sentence as our eyes met. He clears his throat. "Never mind."He adds. What the hell?

"Aww~ Mino is being shy~ Why why? Is it because of Taemin's twintails? Isn't he a-dorable~ I tied that for him." Dahae-noona exclaimed proudly and I unconsciously twirls my hair at her remarks.

"No I'm not!" Minho seems like he wants to brawl again, but he chose not to. He glances to me again, only to look away with a 'hmph'. I tilt my head in confusion. What's gotten into him?

"Whatever you say boy." She replies cheerfully and linked arms with Key, continuing our journey and immediately founding interest with the shop displays which made them comment like proffesionals. I could only chuckle at the sight as I and Minho tag along a few steps behind them, silence befallen between us.

**********

Don't look Minho. Don't look. Damn! He's cute. Like hell, that pigtails fits him so mighty perfect and I could never imagine him already have a baby had I not known him. Thank god I do. And remember I said he looks gorgeous in ponytails? I take that back. This is better. Fine. I admit he's really cute and sometimes the sight of him makes me blush. But that doesn't mean I like him. It's.... different.

Right?

"Hey~ We're excusing ourselves to the restrooms. Coming?" Key asks from afar. And both me and Taemin shakes our heads, indicating a negative answer. They soon dissapears from our sight after they told us to wait here for them. Awkwardness surrounds the air. The mall aren't that crowded but for some reason I thought it was necessary to keep close so that we won't lose each other. That's when Taemin fixes his gaze on me as I pull him near a small fountain. I look at him also and traces the discomfort written all over his face.

"Want me to hold Itzel instead?" I offer. He seems offended and didn't want to at first. But alas, he passes her to me gently and massages his own shoulder. I took Itzel and held her in one arm. She stirs in her sleep.

"She's getting heavier now." The chick comments. And I couldn't agree more.

"Means that she's growing."

"I wouldn't like that."

"Why? I thought that's a good thing."

"Well you wouldn't understand a parent's feelings towards their child's growth unless you have one yourself. It's kinda..... depressing." He lowers his head and pouts, sighing at his own thoughts.

"Later she'll attend school and that decreases our quality time. I have to wait until she graduates, but by then she'll probably have a boyfriend or something that she would want to spend time with rather than me. Then, I'll install her in some prestigious college, which she'll spend most of her time studying. Then, after she graduates again, she'll be learning to be independant and her worklife begins. Some time later, she'll bring her significant someone and asks my permission to be engaged with. Then then.... then she'll.."

"God, she's still one!"

"And three months!"

"Stop whining!" I replies rather amused and sternly at the pouting chick. I could only giggle at the ridiculousness of his sense and my hand found its way to ruffle his hair. Taemin blinks at the contact, his pout slowly changing to an expression of bewilderment. Silence overtoook again as we look into each others' eyes. He quickly rushes to a store nearby that happens to be a baby clothing store. Founding his behaviour weird, I follow his steps.

"What's wrong?"

"No. Nothing. Aish.. what's keeping them so long?" He replies, seemingly in disarray. And I refer 'them' as Key and Dahae-noona.

"Hey keep it cool. Are you okay?" I ask, noticing the flush painted on both sides of his cheek.

"Huh? Oh.... uh yeah. Of course." Taemin let out a sigh and pulled himself together. With focused eyes, he pinches my cheek.

"Ow! What's with you!?" I exclaim loudly, caressing the sore part. And I was answered by him looking away with a 'hmph'. What the hell has gotten into him?

I exited the shop, eyes scanning around for 2 other company that hadn't show up till now. Only to find myself sighing. "Maybe the queue to use the restroom is long." I said and turns around to face the chick only to spot no one. "What the.." I enter the same shop again, rummaging around and soon found the criminal frozen at the same spot as before, browsing a yellow baby dress.

I was about to open my mouth, about to scold his absence, but didn't had the heart to. Taemin looks so.... I don't know but what I know is that he seems to have took a liking to the dress. It's obvious and yet he returns to my side after tucking the clothing back to its post. Then, Itzel sudenly burst into baby cries. I tried to calm her down but failed. Taemin took her over and immediately knew what she needed.

"I'm going to change her diaper." He announces. And I unconsciously let out an 'o'. I make a mental note of Itzel's expression. Taemin left soon after.

Glancing at my watch, I find its weird that Key and Dahae-noona haven't return yet. I decided to explore the shop and as soon as I take a few steps, my eyes couldn't tear away from the dress Taemin picked earlier. Making sure he's still not around, I took the dress to examine it. He really have good eyes, the dress is very pretty. It had small pink floral design and I could feel the comfort of the material used. Imagining Itzel twirl in it made me grin to myself. Taking interest in it myself, I flick the price tag and found out why Taemin didn't bought it despite liking it so much. I put it back on the rack.

What's with me? It's not like I want to buy it for Itzel, nor for Taemin. Not at all! Never in million years I would do anything for that fragile hamster. So I walk out of the shop.

That's right Minho. Keep walking. Keep... walking.

Later, I waited next to the fountain again, one shopping bag increased in my hand.

**********

After finish dealing with Itzel, I slid my babies supplement bag onto my left shoulder, holding the little child in another. Heading towards one of the sink, I wash my hand and observe myself from the mirror. As I was fixing my bang, I can't help remember the large hand of Minho patting my head. Warmth and joy, I felt it all. I really meant it about Itzel's future. And it really did discourage me, stupid me. Who told you to think about those things? But.... fine. Despite being a frog, he did assured me a little and healed my foul mood.

Inhaling deeply, I touch the part he patted earlier. A small smile found itsway on my lips. "Stupid frog." I mutter to myself before heading to the venue earlier.

My eyes immediately spot a tall, curly-haired boy next to the fountain, phone glued to his ear and conversating. I made my way to him.

"What? So where are you now?" He looks at me with a nonchalant expression as I stand by his side and he Itzel's cheek. The baby chuckled delightfully. "And you're telling me to bring them with me?" After a few seconds, he looked alert.

"No way! You know how I am with him! ...........A vacation? Are you an idiot?! ..........Already there?! Who arranged this?! ............How bout Dahae-noona? .........Damn you.." Minho curses under his breath and looks at me. I grew puzzled at his actions. "Fine. You better not be kidding. If you do, get your life insurance ready." The frog finishes his call, sighing right after and eyes still locked with mine.

"What?" I enquire.

"I'm sorry. Just... some work complications and...."

"And?" My mind is clouded with his 'sorry'. There must be something going on.

"And we got to go." Minho simply replied as he pulls my hand towards the front entrance of the mall.

"Hey! Where are you taking me?!" I tried to wriggle free. An uneasy wave collapse on me and I knew there was something I didn't planned is being carried out. For example,

"We're going to Paris."

**********

"Ridiculous! Why do I have to tag along?!" Taemin starts to throw a fit as we walk into the airport.

"Look, I'm trying to save my career. And it's not like I can do anything about this situation! I never expected this too!" I replied, my hand still holding his as we rush to the departure gate. Itzel looking blank and surprisingly being a good girl in this erratic moment.

"I don't like this!"

"Me neither!" I retorted. Oh it. Why did I position Kahi in LA? She would have deal with this ing problem at once. If father comes to know of this news, that our warehouses are seized and the current head of our agency assigned there, Baek Ji Young-Noona is captured by a secret military force, my head's gonna come off! Taecyeon called and requested, more like force my presence there in haste. And after I told I was with a stubborn client, he told me to bring him along. It's Taemin for godsakes! But.... I don't want to lose my head or scar my neck. I remind myself of the stocks of our market request. There was so many of it. The least I could do is retrieve some of it. We can deal about a new manager of the agency later. For now, I need to---

"Hey frog! Are you even listening to me?!" The chick raises his tone. I stop my steps abruptly and almost bump with him when I turned around facing him, hand stil attached together. Sighing, I look into his eyes.

"Please. Just this once. I need you to be obedient."

"Why should I? I'm not a dog." He replies instantly. Well, you're certainly a cat though.

"I promise I'll do anything for you! Except letting you off on the debts of course, that will cause another problem. Besides, you can assume this as a vacation, you don't get this chance everyday." Taemin was still looking upset but I think he is considering it. And god please be on my side, I'm too young to die!

"You have the tickets?" He enquires.

"Course I do, pancake!"

"What about our neccessities?"

"Already provided."

"Itzel's things?"

"Well, you have your bag. What more do you need? I'll buy her teddies when we get to Paris. Promise."

"Hm... What about Noona and Key?"

"Noona's been informed. They'll tag along us. With reinforcements of course. Look, can we just go now?"

"And what about my work?"

"I'll have my men take care of that! Come on!"

"Hey!" Taemin protested as I pull him again, worries clouding my mind. As soon as we check in our luggage, queued up for the departure security and pass by the passport control, we head towards our seat in the plane. I sigh after settling down.

"Wait. Did you called me 'pancake' earlier? Eew!" The little chick beside me comments.

"Then what would you have preferred? Chicken ? Pig's foot? Cow's intestine? Garlic syrup?" The chick smacked my head with his fist.

You speak of grossy things. What's all of those things? The ingredients for your annoy potion? You green warlock!"

"Why green?!"

"Because you're a frog! And you're going to get caught by the poli---"

"Shhh.." An old man with grey hairs and glasses who sits just beside mine and Taemin's seat put his forefinger to his lips. God, I forgot we were in a plane. And both of us remained silent and apologetic at his reminder. Then, I realized the old man's wife, whose sitting beside him are smiling and amused.

"Newlyweds tends to get in spat at the early months of marriage. You have a baby already, darlings. Remember to hold your patience, be tolerant and hold onto each other. I'm sure you will find a solution in every problems." The old lady gives out an advice with her sweet smile which I don't know what drove her mind to conclude such judges and words. Having to be a bit embarrased, I smiled back at her sincerity. I glance back to the chick beside me.

"Okay wild horse, what potion you poisoned her with?" Taemin spoke in a shallow whisper and great sarcatism. I could only chuckle at the comment and ignored everything as the pilot drove me to Paris and to a great slumber eventhough I don't know whether I can overcome the danger awaiting me and my father's agency. I want to sleep in peace one last time. I pray it's not.