Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie. This is a lie. It is absurd. This unforseen meeting almost made me choke on oxygen.

"It's really you, right..? Taeminie..?" The lady take steps towards me, eyes getting teary at my sight. I stayed rooted on the ground, mind frozen. 

"I'm...."

"Oh my god. . .!" She fasten her steps and enclosed her tender arms around me, clasping me into a tight affectionate hug while letting tears dampen her flushed cheeks. The same warm arms that I was very fond of. "Please don't tell me this is a dream.... god, please don't.... Taeminie, Taeminie, Taeminie.." She mumbles, sniffing in between her talk.

"N-Noona..? I..." I gulp, restraining from breaking down. But that was not possible and eventually I cry like a little child, herds of feelings flooding me while holding onto her preciously. There was a limit to bottling up your longing. I was content when there were times that she or my mother or father would show up in my dreams. Or quite possibly someone else significant to me. Then, I'd feel so happy, as if things are right again in this world. But every dream takes a toll and everytime I wake up from them, I'd feel exhausted and depressed. Never did I dream of reuniting with her in this euphoric moment."I-I'm so sorry... I..I.." A sentence coming out short and hicks along with my cries.

"Shh.. It's okay, it's okay..." She pats my back and wipe the endless tears on my cheek. Her palm feels so caring and compassionate. Then she plants a kiss on my forehead. One that I long for all these lonely years I spent struggling to live. These familiar touches. That's when I realize how much I miss being loved.

**********

Taemin stayed all cuddly with Dahae-Noona throughout our journey in the car. There was no tune or anything in the air. It was quiet. Itzel was still sleeping in Taemin's arms, while Taemin was falling asleep on his sister's lap. Right there and then, I thought of how tight a family bond could be. How lovely both of them looked when they are together. Come to think of it, how could I not notice the resemblance they hold? And there was something aching in my gut. Like I just come into conscious of something I've done wrong all this time.

"We're here." I inform the passengers as I park right in front of a small house at the end of the road. The same house I left this morning and here I am, returning again in the evening.

"Minho." A gentle but firm and meticulous voice calls my name. I glance to the lady sitting on the back seat, Taemin fast asleep on her lap. His soft reassured face resembles his own baby, my lips almost curves up had I not blink away the sight and bite my lower lip. With his mouth slightly falling open and pouts at the comfort he received. His eyelashes are quite long and conspicous, perfect even without thick make-ups. And I know everyone looks better without them. His eyes are still puffy but that's what made him look so adorable now. Wait. Why am I admitting his 'adorableness' so casually?!

"Hey, eyes up here stalker." Dahae-noona comments, eyes squinting.

"Wha- No I'm not!" I was about to start the usual scold&brawl session with her, volume turning louder. But decided to seal my mouth as I hear a groan escape the little chick's lips. I grumble in dissatisfaction.

"Tell me Minho. When did you two acquainted?" She throws in a question. I thought maybe she wanted to dig in the details of how her little brother had an 'unusual coincidence' of how he was close by her side. Well, by her 'boss' side to be specific.

"Mm.. I don't remember. I'm guessing....sometime around a year and... three months ago?"

"How?"

"Isn't it apparent? He owes debt to the company." After my reply, Dahae-noona seems forlorn at the suffering Taemin had went through but she was glad in a way or another, knowing the loaner was me from the start. That earned a sigh from her. Hm? Was she looking-down on my rigidity?

"And.. who is this little child?" She asks again, eyes directed towards Itzel. An invisible stake stabs my mind. Yeah right she haven't come to know about Taemin's baby! I completely forgot about that.

"Um.. I think you should enquire that sleeping log on your lap when he wakes up later." I answer flatly. I don't know why. It's just seems not right if the fact came out of mouth rather than Taemin's. I don't want to spoil anything to his precious Noona. This was a special and important case after all. "And you better love her as much as he does." I add. And as much as I do myself.

Feeling tiredness creeping up my spine, I ignore the perplexed expression of Dahae-noona, step out the car and stretched my limbs as much as I can. I dislike long period driving. Plus, I had to drive this jeep and keep my beautiful Porsche in the plain garage back at my home. There is a difference in how you feel when you drive it like how different expense it took. But that doesn't mean driving a silver metallic painted Jeep Grand Cherokee was a pain. I sigh in proud, smiling widely.

Tok. Tok.

I glance at my back, noticing the ticked-off expression Dahae-noona gave me. I open the car door for her and realized that we needed to bring in the babies inside the house. The lady gently shift off the seat and I had my hand supporting Taemin's head. When exiting, Dahae-noona took Itzel in her arms securely. That leaves me the giant, if you could call him that. Considering this is the second time I'm bringing him home, well, lift him back home, particularly speaking. It proved to be an easier work. I had no sense of awkwardness at the soft snuggle on my chest and the hands snaking around my neck. Instead, I was expecting it. Moreover welcomed it.

"So this is where Taeminie lives?" The oldest of us four speaks in content. "It's kinda lonely seeing that it's at the east-end. But... It's a very pretty house. Small and all with a tiny lawn decorated lightly with colourful mini flowers in small vases and such a cute fencing work, don't you think? Yellow is my favourite colour too. Plus, since it's not vast, cleaning should not be a problem. Judging by its size, probably only one or two bedrooms, a bathroom and the remaining are spaces are for working and socializing. My, I adore this home! Perfect for an ideal family." She comments. I chuckle at how keen she is. Well it's an everyday sight. Nothing gets away her vision. We walk towards the front door after locking the car.

"Noona, I don't know where is his key now. But if I'm not mistaken, there's a spare on top of the window's head." I infrom her and she nodded, reaching out for the item up high. But then she stops and glance to me.

"How come you know that?" She asks rather curiously. I blink twice at the question.

"Well, I, uhh..Instinct..?" Brows furrowing at me, she unlocks the door and stepped inside, turning on the lights. I tag along her. Dahae-noona let out a feeble 'aah' at the interior of Taemin's house. Then, rummages to every room. As she dissapears to rest Itzel in her crib and investigate the rooms, I head towards Taemin's bed and place him on the soft matress leniently. He smiles at the cool comfort of his bed. My hand almost travel to pat his head had Dahae-noona not enter the space and let out a surprised sound. I glance at my back. "What now?"

"Isn't this yours?" She asks, brows furrowing in curiosity again while fumbling on a shirt. I let my jaw drop as a wave of memory hit me harshly. Goodness! I totally forgot about that shirt! I left it here when the chick offered me a new cloth when I fell into the fountain back at the time I fought with Niel! Just before I could explain to her, the worse happened. "And this is.....?" She continues, her eyes in disbelieve and astound as my mind registers the identity of the obscene object in her grasp. That box of .

There was a pregnant silence around the house.

"Look. Noona. I can explain. Just calm down. Calm. Down. Thi--"

"HOW CAN I WHEN I KNOW YOU HAD WITH MY PURE INNOCENT BROTHER?!?!! YOU DAMN SHARK!! I KNOW THAT HE'S DAMN ADORABLE!! BUT WHY MUST IT BE TAEMINIE?!! COME HERE YOU!! RIGHT HERE AND NOW, I'LL SKIN YOU ALIVE!!!" Guess that ticked her off alright. She briskly walk towards me, clenching her fist and hitting it randomly on my arm, chest, head and pulling my hair, punching my chin, pushing my face away. Hm? Deja Vu? Owh. Her actions are like Taemin's. Except, there is a slight difference in the power and energy generated.

"Ah! No no no no!! Noona! Hear me out! It's noth--"

"Oh Don't You Give Me Excuses! You Know His Address, You Know Where His Spare Key Was, Your Shirt Was In His Room, On Top Of All, There's- There's This Lewd Comdoms!!-- You Immora--"

"Noona......?" A shallow call made us two cease our actions and realized that our clearly audible voices had woken up Taemin. He sits up, rubbing his right eye sleepily.

"Oh no, I'm sorry Taeminie! I shouldn't have shouted all loud like that." Dahae-noona immediately rushes by the chick's side, sitting on the bed and hugs his head affectionately. "You must have had a hard time. Minho is such a jerk, right?" She starts to Taemin's hair. The chick settled calmly for a while. But then his expression slowly contradicts.

"Damn right he is! He stole Itzel's first word from me! I hate him! He's a salamander too!" The younger one voices out, slightly pushing away Dahae-noona, brows knitted at me. I blink at the sudden outburst.

"There was nothing I could do! I'm irresistable. Even you know it. Itzel wanted to prove it and it wasn't my fault that her first word was Mino! Don't be such a jealous creep." I reply in a smug grin, folding my arms over my chest.

"Now you're talking nonsense, you frog-eyes."

"Someone said Leonardo talks nonsense but he's a genius figure."

"What Leonardo?"

"Leonardo Da Vinci. Don't know him?" After my reply, Taemin shuts his mouth. He tilts his head in response to my weird choice of words. In an awkward way or another, I felt embarassed using a historical figure as an example.  my Italian history obsession. 

Clearing my throat, I lean my back on the wall, right beside Taemin's bed.

"Taeminie." The oldest spoke. Taemin fixes his gaze towards the person next to him, eyes straight to each other. She pauses for a moment.

"Who's Itzel?" A sudden question pops out of Dahae-noona that had caught my attention. Taemin gasps voicelessly, blinking twice in a calm manner. A small rough sound of thunder slowly bolts out. The clock on the sidetable tick-tocks in a small tone. The unending wind-cutting sound of fan on the ceiling fills the room. There was silence floating in the air and I waited for the moment of truth. It was still. 

"She's..." Taemin spoke out softly. Back when I found out about it, there was nothing else in my mind other than hurrying to Taemin. I wanted to confirm the revelation but in the end I concealed it. He probably doesn't have a clue that I am aware of Itzel's identity. Dahae-noona can take it. I know she can. She loves Taemin, right? "The baby... She's...." At the corner of my eyes, I saw him biting his lower lip, while I inhale and hold my breath. "My child. I was pregnant Noona." Taemin finally exhales the words. There. He done it. It was short. But the effect of words can be vicious sometimes.

"So you found out already. About your body." Dahae-noona said, all relaxed. Okay. That's weird. Is that how she behaves when she's in a panic attack?!

"What do you mean?" Taemin was also thrown in confusion.

"We knew about your ability despite your gender since you were very small Taeminie." She put out a sentence. The younger one puts his head down. Dahae-noona just smiled softly at him while tucking Taemin's hair behind his ear. "Father, mother and me. We did grew restless at some point. Because it is a very, very rare case. Quaint, not to mention. But we soon realize that you were actually loved by god. You know how much blessing it is to bore a child don't you?" Taemin's expression turns tender and his lips curves up glumly. "So we didn't really mind about this matter. We know. Taemin, you're special." She finishes her sentence.

"But... I already bore her. . I. ." Taemin's face scrunches up in an awful mixture of sorrow and guilt. There was a sting in his words that did wonders to my heart. It was aching hurtfully. Is he feeling blameworthiness? There must be something behind his expression of self-condemnation. Dahae-noona close her eyes and tried breathing in and out.

"I'm sure you got stories to tell. Don't worry. I trust you. I'm always right here to support you no matter what. Remember. I love you. I love you Taeminie. So much. So don't ever try to leave again." Dahae-noona assures her precious little brother. They are very close with each other. And maybe because they hadn't met for years, and all those years of yearning and missing, had enhanced their intimacy with each other. They look so comfortable together and had been all cuddly the whole time I was present with them. Taemin giggles shallowly and hugs his sister, replying the 'I love you too'. Aww. Now I miss Niel.

*********

It was nothing more than a reunion with my sister. One that last time I met was more than 4 years ago. Yet, everything felt so right again. And I rid myself off a really small shame inside. But it felt like I could fly anywhere I want. All this time I was putting on a facade that I was fine without my family. My beloved, beloved family. I thought I was true to myself that putting back the things you have left rather than turning back and try to do something with it. It proved wrong. Family is the only bond you cannot break apart. It could crumble pathetically and painfully. But hey, a broken clock can be brought back to live, a torn cloth could be sewn again, an empty container can be filled repeatedly, a dead battery could be charged and even reviving Optimus Prime is possible! Maybe I was just too pampered. I don't care anymore. I love my family. Everybody does. Some just denying it.

"Wait! What time is it?" I ask, looking straight to Minho.

"Um. . . half past seven. What's wrong?"

"Wrong in every way! Itzel's eating schedule remember!"

"Oh yeah! Uh. . Milk at about six was it?" He scratches the back of his head.

"Yes and where's my bag?"

"In my car. But Itzel hasn't cried."

"She wouldn't. She's a proffesional sleeper and a very fine log. But skipping meals results in flatulence! Don't you know that? Weren't you good with child care? Now fetch my bag! Sheesh. . I told you this morning about it and look at wh--" 

"Allright, allright. . Don't get that mad. Not all of it is my bad." Minho replies, a frown decorates his face and exiting the room. As soon as I hear the front door flung open, Dahae-noona chuckles. I was thrown into puzzlement.

"What's wrong Noona?"

"Nothing. It's just that Minho being so obedient and how lovey-dovey you guys are amused me~ He's like your hubby now." She smiles happily at her remarks and elbowed me.

"No We're Not! In What Way Noona?!"

"Aw you're just being shy~ Just like you always do. It's obvious! I know he has a sick over babies and I'm pretty sure he's very attached to Itzel." Right on spot. "He speaks casually 'well' with you too." That's him being annoying and noisy. "And he seems to have been around this house for more than 'a' visit. He knows where to find the spare key to the front door." That's just him being too tall to see where it was."He went straight to your bed knowing exactly which is your bedroom." He's a stalker that's why he knows. "I even found his shirt!" Well a clothing doesn't come first in frogs' checklist. Curse him for forgotting. "And you know what were under the shirt. . .?" She lower her tone and raises her eyebrow.

"Taeemiinnie~~!!" A distinct voice made my mind stop processing Noona's words. And thank god because I think I know what was under the shirt. It is the last thing I want to be told about. I hear footsteps approaching and soon the door flungs open and discovers the source of the cheerful voice. "Oh My God!! Dahae-noona's really here!!"

"Key-umma!"

"Baby, you should have told me earlier about her! Good evening, Noona. I'm Key~ Taeminie's umma in NY." He rushes by my sister's side and shook hands, eyes glistening and eccited at the event. I think Noona caught his aegyo and let out a small chuckle.

"But- What- Why-" I let out a string of words unfinished, trying to sort out what was right to ask first.

"Oh Taeminie, after you left the Cafe under a silly, shilly-shallying reason, I couldn't help but investigate further and the result is-- we'll have to talk about it later." He delivers a fake sweet(angry) smile at me. A goosebump runs up my whole body. "Then, I rushed here. But found nobody at home." Key are able to access my home as he insisted to duplicate my key some time ago. It meant better for me, he claimed and I found the idea quite brilliant at times. "I visited Niel afterwards to enquire about you and he said Minho came and took Itzel."

"Yeah. We went to fetch Noona after that." I glance to the person beside me. A pleased smile graces our lips.

"Uu~ A family outing. What? Did Minho asked Dahae-noona's permission to take your hand in marriage already?" Key asked rather enthusiastically. My mouth fell agape.

"NO! Umma stop it!" I retorted while Dahae-noona laughs.

"Aw I'm kidding, I'm kidding~ So. After that, I decided, in the meantime you went out, I'd go buy some kitchen supplements. I noticed Itzel's cereal and your favourite instant drink run out."

"Eh? Why bother yourself? I can buy it myself. . ." I pout in gratitude, silently thanking Key. "But. That's weird. I don't have the memory of finishing my instant drink packs. Wonder who. . " I freeze, eyes slanting. A stab of reminder had uncovers the only criminal I could suspect. Damn that owl.

"On the walk home from the convenience store, it started to rain. Luckily I was already near here. I noticed the lights on, thought you had returned. Minho let me in, by the way. And he told me about Dahae-noona." Key stops and take a look at the lady beside me. A soft smile decorates his face. That moment, I realized that Key had considered my history again, rewinding it in his mind. Aware of the fact that I was craving for her company. He let out a sigh. "I'm glad. Thank you god, for loving Taemin." He exclaimed, looking upwards in admiration. I'm the one who should be thanking him for always being there for me.

"So where's Minho?" Dahae-noona voices out. That caught me off guard and I agreed. Was he fetching my beg or making my bag? With interest hanging around my mind, I shift off the bed and goes in search of the frog, leaving Dahae-noona and Key chatting. 

Parting ways from my room, I glanced to the front door, now shut properly and Minho's car keys on the sidetable didn't go unnoticed. My eyes travel elsewhere and I head towards the bathroom, shutting the gaping door. I partake that he's not doing his bussiness either. Rubbing both sides of my shoulder, I take steps towards the open window, right beside the couch. I had only realized it was pouring when Key mentioned about his journey here previously. It's getting colder and darker at each minute of the night. I don't dislike rain. Instead, I like it because the light waltz of raindrops tapping the ground, whether it's earth or concrete, never fails to usher away loneliness. To me, it's a tune meant for accompaniment. Strange. When it rains, it's usually gets calmer, quieter, gloomier. But no. This time, the rain feels like its cleaning me inside and it was a refreshing kind of rain. With a blunt mind, I stretch out my hand and perceive the icy crystal drops on my palm. I close my eyes and smell the pristine fragrant of rain. 

But, I snap back in reality when I hear a loud thump from the kitchen. I peek inside almost immediately. I spot my bright yellow bag on the dinner table and Minho near the counter.

"What are you doing?" I ask, face in blank. Minho look at me with his big deer eyes and laugh shallowly when he picked up the milk bottle sprawled on the floor. That was kinda. . charming.

"Trying to make milk for baby."

"Do you know how to make the formula?"

"Yeah. I think so." With his reply, I walk to his side and observe him doing his work. Washing the bottle, teat, retaining ring and its cap in hot soapy water thoroughly and then he proceeded to sterilising. He's really used to this, I can see that in his attitude.

"Itzel's awake already. In peace. Can you believe that?" He spoke in amazement.

"Of course, My baby's a good girl after all. I'll go bring her." I said with a proud smile. Grabbing hold of the small child in her crib and returning to my post only to find Minho already pouring water into the powdered-milk filled bottle. He closes the cap and shakes it well, leaving none of the powder undissolved. He knows how to be considerate of the temperature of the formula, by tipping a little milk out of the teat onto his wrist. Then passes the bottle to the eager baby girl in my arms after testing the warmth of the liquid. Patting her head and grinning to his success. 

"It's just a bottle of milk."

"It's a bottle of milk. For a baby girl. You need compassionate. And passion." He replies, enuciating every word dramatically.

"Don't make me laugh!" I said and we both did in the end. We sigh in unison, with Minho at my bay and returned mute. Just watching Itzel drinking in satisfaction.

"Aww~ Look at you guys!" A familiar voice made me eyed the kitchen's entrance.

"Get married already~!" Dahae-noona supports Key's comment. To that, I mouthed a voiceless curse, making sure Itzel didn't catch that. At the corner of my eyes, I saw Minho doing the same thing and when our eyes met, we both stick out tongue to each other. No way I'm marrying a flying, deer-like eyes, tall frog.

"Anyway, Taeminie, Dahae-noona and I want to stay for the night. Can we, can we?" Key asks, pleading cutely.

"Sure. I don't mind." I answer lightly.

"I mind! Noona what about work tomorrow? I, by myself?" Minho retorted.

"You'll be fine. I'm sure. Let me spend time with Taeminie! Now go unload my luggage." Dahae-noona orders the taller one. He sighs and lazily went on his way to his car, mouthing complaints to himself. This side of him is kinda funny. Looks like he's the type who can't defect Dahae-noona. I'm happy that she'll stay for the night. Key informd me of how matching they are in interests. Including their fashion styles. That's rare, you know. It's Key after all. 

That night, after Minho unloaded Dahae-noona's bags, he was told to leave and finish his work that he neglected this afternoon. Dahae-noona really does have a sharp sense. So, with complains still spilling out his mouth, we waved goodbye at him. And the remaining evening, we spent doing light chores around the house, cooked dinner together, prayed and ate heartily on the dinner table. One that I had been wanting to fill the seats with my family members rather than sitting alone in the seeping tranquility. It was a night that I couldn't nor wanted to sleep like I usually do, when I returned home tired and fatigue. It passes away minute by minute. 

**********

The next morning.

"Jinwoon-ah where are you?" I ask rather angrily through my phone. "It's ten already and you aren't here in the office."

"Minho-ah. ." He replies weakly, followed by a rough cough. "I'm sick. . let me take a rest today. Your P.A's returned right? Why called me. .?"

"Haish. . " In the end, I allowed Jinwoon to take a day off. I'm a nice person after all. But, talk of Dahae-noona, why hasn't she called or present herself to work today?! I could go pick her up at Taemin's house. And to think that I have loads of work today, more than I expected. Well. . maybe I did expected it, I didn't finish my work on time yesterday and there were many leftovers. But darn it, I needed assistance! So, want it or not, I drove back to the house I left yesterday. Geez I'm getting familiar with the roads around here.

Upon my arrival at the venue I park at the same spot last night. Stepping out the car, I shut the door with a small thud. And the car automatically locks itself. I started taking my steps towards the front door. Looking up, I notice the weather was quite nice. Not that sunny, a bit chilly but the wind felt nice. It brushes around and made the trees rustle at every move it makes. It's quite a lonely neighbourhood. A fat cat had pass before me in a composed manner, halting its paw and glanced at me with its lazy eyes before ignoring and continue its way. Was that Garfield?!

"Oh Minho! You're here!" I eyed the source of voice and found Dahae-noona in a pale red dress and dark blue jeans, white fedora in her hands, just opened the door and getting out of the house.

"Noona! Great. Let's go now." I say gladly.

"Where to?"

"Office."

"No~~ no no no. Not now. Not today." She replies, a smile plasters her face before someone else emerge behind her.

"Let's go Taeminie, hurry~!" Key shouts to the inside of the house. He's dressed in a white T-shirt, baby blue lines randomly decorates the clothing, his shades stucked on the v-collar and tight skinny jeans wraps his legs. What caught my eyes were his Adidas, its topline, outline, heel counter and long tongue in pink colour. While the rest of the part was in black, including its lacing. Great pick.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask, brows furrowing.

"You know Minho, I got excited chatting with Key this morning and we decided to go for shopping." Dahae-noona explains. Then giggles with the person behind her.

"You don't have your car. How're you going there?"

"Oh. I'm not going to drive. We're going to walk. Morning exercise!" She replies charmingly. . I think I know what's going to come next. "And later, when we're done. . I thought of giving you a call. Then you can pick us up." She adds.

"Why should I oblige to do su--"

"But!" Dahae-noona cuts my sentence. "Since you're already here, I'm thinking. . . That you should join us! Oh! No. Wait. You ARE going to join us!" She decided suddenly. My eyes widen.

Great. Just great.