Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

"A date." I repeat after Key who seems so eager about the idea.

"A group date!" A squeal run through my phone. "It's real hunks, don't worry darling."

".." Minho mutters between his breath.

Okay. Seriously. Why is Minho mad over something so trifle? And what drove him to be mad? It's not like I have some sort of attachment to him. I wouldn't want to. He's the last bloke I would want to shag. I'm not even a shagger! So, he can't sustain me right? Just because my baby Itzel(which he haven't come to know about her real identity) is so much pleased with his company, doesn't mean he could act like a protective father. I don't even want him as my husband! And Key had to go all the way inviting some hunks and set me as one of their blind dates. I don't need a man. My life still needs some sorting that only I am capable of pulling the strings and it already have its own ups and downs. Now Minho is slowly turning into a psycho, more like a clown but instead of a red nose, he got his frog eyes as a signature. Not to mention Niel. I want to help him, comfort him, listen to him. But how?

The frog, who had been displaying weird and unexpected affection towards me has let go of my waist, now sitting on my white couch, ruffling his hair in an annoyed gesture, his eyes still fixed on my back. I try my best to observe him from the corner of my eyes but insisting on showing him my back. I'm taking a call, dammit. Don't you know privacy?

"Umma. I'm speechless." I break the silence both on the phone and the atmosphere around me. Except the constant giggles of Itzel, of course, signalling she's still alive.

"I know!" Key chuckles. "Mind-blowing, is it darling? I bet you're cluel--"

"Umma! I never asked you to set me up! I said it already, right? I'm fine being alone!" I start to nag, tone a little bit higher. And Minho seems a bit rest assured seeing that I'm opposing to accept the wicked invitation.

"Taeminnie, I hate that you keep holed up in your home except going out for work--"

"I occasionally go out for a walk at the park." I cut, trying to make the fact clearer.

"That's for Itzel. What was the last thing you did for yourself?" Key statement made me pause and I see the frog tilting his head trying to comprehend the situation. Why is he wanting to know what I'm facing? I clear my throat and present my knitted brows to Minho. Don't you see I'm annoyed?

"That's all right, Umma. I'm fine." I say, trying to sound casual. But, yeah. I do want my share of time. Mine. Not caring for anyone or about anything, just, me. Sometimes, being a parent is so stressful. So tiring. So annoying. There's so much to look out for. Hands will be full with just any possible chances you could seize just for that one percent pleasure to add for your family. And the happiness that counts. With just a pinch of patience and preserverence, you can build perhaps the strongest bonds. Well, you might need to sacrifice some things and in my case, I can still withstand it. I'm totally fine with it. I love being the parent of Itzel and I love god for allowing me to bore her. But only god knows how painful it was.

"You are. But I'm not." Key answers me and I could imagine him polishing his nails, shoulder supporting the phone to stick on his ears and eyes a little bit squinting. Time to time checking his multi-coloured bang, hair inclined on one side on the mirror. I really fancy his style because he looks stunning with it, perfectly perfect. "Baby, you're not getting away. I already arranged things. And to turn all things back to how it were? Impossible! I'm on my way to you. Be there in three minutes." Muses Key before hanging up. I take that back. Key wasn't in his house, lounging around. Instead he's in his fancy car and is on the way to my house probably having a rotten idea in his mind to dress me up. He is arriving in three minutes. Arriving in three minutes.

"Darn it!" I exclaim loudly, throwing my phone on the side table and cover my face with my palms, letting myself plop to the warm body that hugs me dearly on the nearest seat with my legs hanging on the arms of the couch. I snuggle on the neck, our body fit each other faultlessly like a puzzle solved. At first, I sigh, eyes flutters close and just enjoy the subtle pats on my back. Ahh... if only Minho isn't around, I wouldn't worry about Key blasting about a man in my house. If only Minho isn't around.

I immediately shot up, anger flooding out. "What the hell?!" Realizing the intimate contact that I almost drown in. Eww. I start stacking up ammunation to retaliate.

"You're going?" Minho asks, eyes looking serious. I stop stacking. And I wonder how he does that. From a radiant glow to a wary owl. I thought he was a frog. Wait. Is he talking about the date? An absolute no I would like to promise. But, knowing Key, I just can't.

"YOU are going." I reply, pulling him off the couch and drags him to the front door. "Key wouldn't catch you if you use that road." I inform him, forefinger pointing towards an old forest road, big enough for his white Porsche Cayman to pass. "Just go straight. If you got lost. Don't worry. I wouldn't miss you." I take his hand in mine and put his car keys that had been left sprawled on the side table. Three minutes. I got to make him leave. But Minho seems so quiet and stays rooted to the ground. He holds either of my shoulders as if wanting my full attention. And I succumb to his wish. I smile to gesture him to say whatever you want to. But, the word seems stuck in his throat. Two minutes. Stalling for what Minho? Hurry. Tic-toc-tic-toc....

"Thanks.." He says, almost like a whisper. Is he blushing? Then, he hurriedly walk to his car and enter. Haha..I didn't expect a 'thanks' from a loan shark that had been terrorising me. But, I'm glad he has this 'thankful' side of him. I appreciate it. Why?Because I invited the most malicious being in my life, let him shower, play with Itzel, and he made himself comfortable on my bed(and on me) and all of that happened because of some sort of arguement of his I couldn't even discern. Yeah, I deserve a 'thanks'. I notice Minho starting the engine and the car window winding open. "Are you really going?" He asks, putting his sunglasses on. You look posh.

"I reject it. But, Key's coming here. So, I guess there's no escaping." I answer and follows a sigh, folding my hands on my chest and lean on the door frame. Why is he so curious about that?

"I see." Minho respond. "Spot." He feigns a pistol with his hand, locking on me and shoot. Then he drive off, quiet replacing the sound of his car engine. Huh? Spot? What the hell? And before I could turn around, shut the front door and head for Itzel, a car pulls for a stop in front of the gate. Shocking pink painted Chevrolet Corvette Coup. He's right on time.

"Taeminie~" Key exit from his ride and fast walk towards me, two large paper bags hang on his forearms and his violet sunglasses stuck on his T-shirt's V collar. As soon as he stand before me, he envelops me for a big hug and plant kisses on both sides of my cheek.

"Umma.." I welcome him inside, pouting.

"Look at you~ You're still cute as ever!" Walking briskly inside, he pinch my cheek. Leaves his luggage on the couch and instantly eyed the room where Minho left Itzel. Hearing the cute little giggles, he head towards the direction. "Baby Itzel~ Key-appa is here!" When he dissapears from my sight, I take a few steps towards the bags he brought. Peeking inside, a sigh escape my mouth as I lay my eyes on the silky fabrics, feminine accesories and a box that fits a pair of shoes inside. Probably one that I can never afford. After Key re-appearing with Itzel in his arms, I can't help with the curve on my lips twitching to smile, Itzel's soft hair. But, it is replaced with a frown.

"I don't want to go..." A complain spill out of my mouth. Okay. Maybe I should be a little honest with myself. I did mention that I don't really need a man or a lover or someone to regard as 'të veçanta' as an excuse to step back. Means 'special' in Albanian. And that is because I want to straighten my life first. That's the main obstacle actually. I'm afraid no one wouldn't accept me. Couldn't imagine myself facing the same tragedy. The same nightmare that still haunts me. I don't want to bear the same hurts all over again. Don't want to be trampled upon again. Refuse to heed to any kindness. If I do, it is as if I press a 'replay' button. Regret stabs everytime I reminiscence. It seems that I take things for granted. And it never fails to cause a sting to my eyes, tempting to open the floodgate. I brace myself, blinking back tears.

"Taeminie. I know what you are thinking." Key persuades. "Don't cry. Don't EVER cry for that rotten jerk again." He adds. It kinda frightens me at his ability to read my mind but I oblige anyway seeing that his serious side displayed. I don't even have any feelings for that walking meat anymore.

Right?

"And this is why I plan this for you. Winter is just a few months away. You need a smile and a companion to celebrate Christmas with. Jesus would bless you!" He finishes with a big grin across his pretty face. I could only answer a small chuckle. "Plus, Itzel wants a papa~ Rite?" Key rhymes to my baby, playfully pinching her nose and plaster kisses all over her face.

"No! I don't want to share her!" I take Itzel back in my arms. She laughs loudly when I tickle her. Eii! Look at her puffy cheeks! I'm so marrying you, baby!

"Itzel stays with my manager tonight. You okay that?" Key questions, grabbing his paper bags and studying the contents.

"For what? The date? I told you I--"

"Oops! No no no no." Key puts a finger to my lips suddenly. "You go. Understand?" And I could only nod in astonishment.

**********

I know. I know. I do know about my weird actions and affections towards that chick. But, I don't know why I did that. And why am I so upset about whatever appointment he have with some random chick through his phone. I could hear the squeals of him, you know. His voice were so loud and annoying. Argh. This is so ing wrong. I shouldn't be ing around thinking about investigating his ing date enquiries. Yet, why am I speeding up towards the headquarters? Why am I set to ask my P.A to search about the necessaries? My mind is so ed up, I don't know anymore. Gah. What is it that I know anyway? I need to calm down. Keep my head cool. Composed and reserved. Just like how I did to get my 'thanks' out earlier.

GOTTA STOP CONNECTING THINGS WITH THAT ING GORGEOUS TAEMIN.

As soon as I arrive at the big mansion, solitary standing big and massive, I pull out of my car. Breathing in for somewhat 'glad to be home'. An attendent hurry to me and I pass the car keys to him gesturing him to park it in the garage. As soon as I approach the giant door, a man emerges from inside, bowing politely.

"Welcome home Boss!" He beams a friendly smile.

"Jinwoon-ah, call me Minho. It's weird." I request, continuing my journey towards the second floor. Although I hold the biggest position in my agency(it's mine after all), It's weird to have all your friends and hyungs to call you 'boss' all the time. With my habit to greet some of the clients I hold interest in, I certainly don't give out vibes of an inspiring and fearful leader. But, my employees does. Most are even bigger, taller, tougher than me. And that's a great news isn't it. Cuz we need those type of people that can actually pry for money with any method they know. Painful or not. Now here's a quiz for all of you. Do you think I house murderers?

"I get it, Minho." Jinwoon agrees as he follows me. "Oh yeah, that old gas finally sold his kidney. Blast it! We're getting the money in triple interest! And the short one. Do you remember her? She had her lesson. New girl in a strip club it seems. She's paying off her body. Heard she's a transverstite, though. By the way, our requested blades are safely sent. Kahi's in charge in LA. I haven't contact her yet. Oh! And the black market said our stocks--"

"Shush. Reports are tainted and normal. No need to inform me the borings and fill the cracks if you need to. Where's my P.A?"

"She's in Korea. Said her family's a mess or so." Owh. Great. I roll my eyes with an 'urgh'. "One last thing, Minho." Jinwoon catching up behind me as I enter my room. I look at him, gesturing to continue. He sighs before stating.

"I'm not in shift tonight. Yunho-hyung too." My brows furrows and I tilt my head.

"Why?"

"We've got a date." He answers before bitting his lower lips and scratching his head in a shy composure. That is such an amazing coincidence.

"I see. With who?" I enquire. 

"Well, we met this mischievious model last week at a Cafe when we had lunch. I gave him my card cuz I kinda fancy him. So.. he called me. Hehehe.." He giggles like a sick fanboy. "I haven't been on a blind date before. Let alone with a group. So I invited Yunho-Hyung." Jinwoon adds. "He's very cheeky, pretty, kind....and all." He keeps on mumbling.

Oh my god.

"That date." I sound out shallowly. A smirk finding its way on my lips. "Can I participate?"

**********

From a disastrous morning to a quaint afternoon and after blinks and blinks, fateful evening rolls out its carpet.

"You look STUNNING." A voice pipes as soon as I got out from Key's car. I look up to find Jaejoong-hyung in a fit white suit, woollen shirt on the inside, revealing bits of his collarbone, blood red hermes scarf twirled around his neck loosely, matching his naturally red swollen lips and clear glasses of Judith Leiber's as a casual accessory. His hair is styled as usual, jet-black in colour and stops at the end of his neck. YOU look stunning.

"Who? Who?" A gasp follows after and I shift my gaze towards Mika. Wearing a Red Valentino's Alpaca tunic sweater, black pants on his legs and a pair of Stuart Weitzmen's Bolshoi flat shoes, grey in colour, simple but noticeable. "Taemin. I think I fell for you." He exclaims and rewards a smile while walking towards me, hands thrown open for a big hug. After I pull back, Jaejoong-hyung stands on Mika's side, ready for a peck. I plant them on both sides of his cheek as my hands hold either of his.

"Omo~ You guys have arrived!" Key briskly hugs both of them as they giggles lightly.

"We just got out of Jaejoong-hyung's car." We all follows Mika's forefinger pointing to a black roofless Alfa Romeo Spider driven into a car park a few miles away. "Then, we spotted Key's Chevy." And the three of them indulge in a conversation as I ponder by myself. God, all these expensive things and talking is making me light-headed. I'm not even living on equal degree with them. Why am I mingling here? Thanks to the usual routine of tiring shopping spree with Key every month(forced, of course) made me memorise all those brands I can only dream to buy. Yet I wear some. And all these fancy cars? It's an everyday sight for me. Larmborghinis, Porsches, Chevrolets, Romeos....

"Taemin, how's Itzel doing?" Jaejoong-hyung's question snap me out of my thought.

"Oh. Healthy. Happy. Crybaby." I present my signature smile.

"You're so~ cute!" The older one pinch my cheek and ruffles my hair. Both of them knows about my history. They lent helps for me in whatever way they could because Key's friends are theirs. Soon after meeting, we became close friends as well. Going out for an outing together, cinemas or a pajama party in one of our quartet's home, things like that. Since Jaejoong-hyung and Mika are mostly serene and collected, opposite of Key's naugtiness, they accepted my news as quiet as anyone could be. I'm so thankful to them. They are so kind. So gentle.

An attendant approaches and Key hands his car key. "Shall we?" He excites and pulls my hand with the other two following. Looking up, I read the restaurant's name; 'Babbo Ristorante' in bold black and red colour. Sounds fabulous. As soon as we enter the jaw-dropping building, I gasp at the sudden change of air. Noble and the ambience of the restaurant is upscale but cozy. Giving out some sort of romantic vibe, white table cloth over a square table and a vase of small flowers in light colours on each one of them. The lightings are all yellow and bright enough yet dim in some parts developing a formal evening atmosphere. There are paintings on the wall, mostly sketches and rough drafts and for me, that's quite artistic. It's almost packed and I wonder how we fit for a group date. Oh . I'm getting fidgety.

"Key! Siete arrivati!" A husky voice greets us. A tall, middle-aged Italian man dressed in a chef uniform approaches Key.

"Ignacio!" They share a peck. Uu, he's kinda hot. "Guys, this is my friend. Ignacio." Key turns around and pats the older one's back. The three of us bow politely and Key introduces us one by one. And when it comes to my turn, Ignacio takes my hand and kiss the back of it.

"Sei bella." He smiles charmingly. Now that's romantic. Not unusual since he runs an Italian restaurant after all.

"I know. He is beautiful." Key pats Ignacio's arm. He saves me the translation. I mumble a 'grazie', the only Italian word I ever know in my life.

"Come come. Your reservation room is upstairs. Mi segua." Ignacio made a gesture of 'follow me'. He has his Italian accent when he speaks and I find it very attractive. Both he and Key are engaged in a talk. I link my arms with Mika and he smiles to me, patting my hand in an assuring manner maybe because I wear a nervous expression. Sigh.. I wanna go home and roll in my hello kitty pajama with Itzel, Garfield and a bar of chocolate while watching my favourite comedy sitcom; 'How I Met Your Mother'.

**********

We took a ride with my limousine. Fitting four gentlemen on the back. If I were a fangirl, I'd already faint with bubbles spilling out of my mouth. I mean look at Yunho-hyung. Sitting next to him is Jinwoon. And a new acquaintance who Jinwoon invited, sitting next to me called Jaybeom-hyung. Although we only wear T-shirts, coats, black pants and sneakers else than Yunho-hyung who wears a pair of formal shoes. I admit. We're hot. 

Reservation is already made by the other party and we were told to head to one of the famous Italian restaurant in New York City. I'm still a little bit anxious. If this isn't what I'm actually aiming for, what should I do? Hop out the window like a frog or fly towards a dark forest like an owl? Upon entering the building, we're immediately directed to a room on second floor after informing about the reservation at the receptionist. Yunho-hyung thanks the lady who showed us the way and we are left in front of the door. 

This is it. I sigh. And I open the crack.

My eyes lay on the creature currently fixing his eyes on me who is actually staring intently at him. Taemin. Sitting on the seat, wearing a white dress, lines of suture intentionally accesorised near the waist and topped over a black ribbon. This. Is beauty. He also wears a chest-length overcoat, which is long-sleeved and black in colour same with his leggings wrapping his slender legs. White boots that stops at his ankles with three strapes and I blink at the sight of his dolled up face. Blue eyeliner on each mesmerizing eyes, his lips pink, plush, shimmering. Hair tied into a ponytail, tips of the baby strands lands on his collarbone and his bang almost covering his left eye. Which he tuck behind his ear only to find it falling back at its original place. "Gorgeous..." A word slip out of my mouth. I realize I had been gaping and quickly raise a hand to cover my mouth and clears my throat. All the members of the room stand up to greet us. Jinwoon eagerly finding his target, Key and all of us sit opposite of the beauties.

Me, in front of Taemin. He seems taken aback at my sight. I bet he didn't expect me to present here. We keep eyeing each other and occasionally eyes meeting directly. Averting but finding each other again. While the others starts to mingle, both of us stuck in this pause, clueless to start. Until Jaybeom present a hand to Taemin.

"I'm Jaybeom. You?"

"Oh. Um. Taemin. Lee Taemin." He replies, a little bit surprised and handshake with the older one.

"You look young. 18, perhaps?"

"Oh, no. You flatter me. I'm a healthy 20."

"Really? I'm older then. By the way. Um.. You look lovely." Jaybeom puts a hand behind his neck seeming so shy after his flirt. And Taemin chuckles. . 

"You're so frank. Thank you."

"Well, it's the first thing that popped out of ma mind as soon as I set foot here."

"Oh. Does that makes me the one that attracts you?" Taemin tilt his head. Is he actually flirting too?

"Yeah." Jaybeom-hyung flash a smile.

"You know I'm quite attracted to your sneakers! It's the first thing I noticed."

"Oh. These Reebok?" Jaybeom-hyung checks out his feet.

"It's my favourite." Taemin claps his hand in a quiet manner.  my Adidas obsession.

"They're very good dancing shoes. At least I think so." The older one gives out his opinion.

"Oh, me too! I favour them the most! You dance?" Taemin's eyes seems to lit up with a bright smile plasters on his fair face.

"I can't live without dancing." And they found their focus. Chains of conversation keep flowing out between them. Sharing experiences and exchanging laughters. While I'm sitting here like an idiot. Wherever this is going, it's driving me crazy. Looking around, I see Jinwoon and Key sitting beside each other, whispering and giggling, the taller one wraps his arm on the shoulder of the chic. Yunho-hyung sits cross-legged, hands resting on his laps flirting with the one sitting in front of him who is blushing and smiling warmly. Another companion of theirs, listening and supporting the lovebirds since both of them coincidently wore the same ring. Wow. Match made in heaven. Shifting my eyes back to Taemin and Jaybeom, each holding a glass of white wine, cheering. . I see sparks.

**********

Gosh, I didn't expect to meet a member of professional dance crew 'Art of Movement' here. Sure, their dance genre differs from mine. But you gotta admit they nailed it. They are real dancers. I still remember how excited I were when I watched their performance through the net. They got name, reputation, talent and charms(newly added). Jaybeom-hyung may sound a bit cheesy sometimes and he certainly lives like an American. But our words are compatible and he seems nice. His smile is enchanting too. And his small eyes as well. Talking to him feels like a refreshing breeze. The type that you don't run to easily.

Time flows without waiting for no man. We certainly enjoy the opposite party. They are very friendly. Except for Minho. Glaring at me then and now. Why is here anyway? He creeps me out. Well, he does look smart tonight. But that's not the point. I notice the constant attention he gives towards me. Is this a new method to threat me out my money? If it is so, I admit, it surely affects. A bit.

After consuming some drinks and light Italian dishes foreignly named Bocconcini, Caprese skewers, Bruschetta appetizers, and some marinated balls of mozarella, mini Pizza, all bite-size. Ignacio is definitely a chef. Bravo(hey, I actually know two Italian word!). I feel my bladder twinge so I excuse myself to the gents. As soon as I step out the room, I sigh. Date is kinda tiring, isn't it? I'm certainly not fond of them. Seeing an employee pass by, I ask the whereabouts of the WC. I almost fast-walk towards it and as soon as I arrive, a flash of glad flood me as the space is empty. Relaxation calls and I finish my bussiness, wash my hands clean, fix my appearance on the mirror and lean on the counter. Is Itzel sleeping? It's nearing her bedtime already, glancing at my watch. I think she's drinking her milk now. I told Yoonduk-hyung about the schedule, right? Or maybe she's fell asleep either because of playing too much or tire of throwing a fit, crying for me. She's never good in other people's arms except Key. And Minho quickly come to mind after laying my eyes at the very own being at the door, just looking at me.

"Wha--"

"You like him." He rest his hands in his pockets, walking step by step until he stands just before me.

"I like everyone who are polite to me." I state, folding my arms. Minho lean on the counter as well, next to me, sniggering and follows a sigh.

"Jinwoon seems so mesmerized with your fellow friend."

"Key? Well. They are cute together. And they seems comfortable with each other." I reply, facing down with a smile carved on my lips.

"But, I think Yunho-hyung will be the one who'd win his partner."

"Oh. He's very handsome! I don't know why but I think he and Jaejoong-hyung are meant for each other. They look SO perfect."

"Mika, by the way, seems so quiet. Is he like that all the time?" Minho asks and I raise an eyebrow. Why does he only remember Mika's name among the three anonymous? Caught his interest perhaps? Why am I feeling so awful? Urgh.

"Um. Yeah. But he sings very well. And he's down-to-earth." I answer fastly, almost stutter between my breath. What's up, me?!

"I see. I'd like to--" Just before Minho could continue his phrase, a ringtone interrupts. He sighs before taking out his phone from the back of his pocket that'd been playing Mariah Carey's We Belong Together. Checks up the name displayed and he accepts the call immediately.

"Noona. Yeah, it's me." Minho looks at me, written in his eyes 'stay', while smiling to the Noona on the phone. "Really? Okay, I'll pick you up at the airport." He says and I roll my eyes. "All right. Yeah..kay. See you, pretty Noona." Minho adds before hanging up. What's with the adjective? I don't know what's gotten into me, I'm quite annoyed. Ignored is another word.

I heave out a deep sigh. "I'm leaving." Turning my back on him, Minho grabs my wrist. Feeling nauseous creeping out, I wriggle it free. But then my balance almost cause me to trip and Minho hold my shoulder to keep my upright.

"Hey, you're okay?" He enquire as I remember I couldn't stand heavy drinks. , hangover is going to hit me tomorrow. Massaging my head lightly with one hand, realizing the painful stabs of headaches accumulated, I couldn't feel blood rushing through it. I'm getting light-headed again I guess. I glance at Minho, who is now busy tapping a message on his phone. Done fast as Key could before pulling me out the space.

"Hey!" I complain and soon we reach the room we resided earlier. Stepping inside, eyes fall on both of us and Minho instantly look at Key.

"He's kinda ill. I'm driving him home." Minho exclaims loudly and I could hear trumpets sounding out in Key's brain as a big grin covers his face. He doesn't know about this frog who had been out of his wits. Who had been squeezing money out of me. Whose attitude . The one I hate. And knowing this might be a chance for me getting 'courted' or something, Key immediately agrees and kiss me goodbye.

"Very well done, boy." He whispers and pats my head before heading inside the room again. I'm left with Minho dragging me out, our fingers laced soothingly. And my mind processes,

1. Minho probably requested for his car to be sent cuz it's majesticly appeared.
2. I'm coming down with a fever.
3. It's been a long day.

4. I'm actually glad having Minho by my side.