Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

"When I see your face..
There's not a thing that I would change..
Cause you're amazing..
Just the way you are...
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile...
Cause Minnie's amazing..
Just the way you are.." The rhythm of Bruno Mars's accoustic version of 'Just The Way You Are' flow through my ears. The sweet voice of Jjong serenading me, always pleasure me to fall asleep. 

"Minnie, I don't want to go to London tomorrow... I can't see you then..." Groaned my boyfriend who's patting and my hair lovingly while we cuddled with each other with me resting on his arm, his other arm wrapping my waist firmly, as we lay down on our bed, ready for our beauty sleep. We're in the usual bedroom I grew accustomed since last two years. Possibly the best place I've ever been in the best years of my life, especially if I'm here with Jjong. The room is dimly lit, you can see the scenery from the long windows and the lights of the city shone inside, illuminating the posh furnitures.

"Hehe, it's not like we can do anything about it. It's work, boo.." I replied, half-asleep and kissed his lips lightly. The action left him smiling. He kept on my hair and I shut my eyes. It's so calm. I can't help noticing at how natural things come mutual when it needs no effort at all, especially when we're together. When we touch each others, look or even sense each others, there's this electricity that runs through my body, makes my heart throb and beats faster than usual but then gone at the second, replaced with a better feeling. If this is what they call love, I wonder if he feels the same way too?

"You look so beautiful.." He flatters. Then, he kissed my forehead, long and full of satisfaction of having me at his side. After he part from my forehead, he caressed my cheek and continue my hair again. How I wish I could die now. I want to stop the time, stop my growth, his growth, stop the present and the future, everything. I want to savour this moment and just.. be with him. I love Jonghyun. And we don't even need to utter it. Our eyes write it out for each other when we look at each other. I might sound like I'm bullting. But.. That is just how things are, I just know it. HE knows it.

"Mm.. Jjong." I called out, eyes heavy.

"Hm?"

"Sing another song for me.." I requested. Jjong seems to ponder a while, maybe he's searching for the right song. I turned and hugged him, burying my face on his chest and his hands hugged my head, still playing with my hair. Then, he stopped and sang a sad tune.

"Everytime I try to fly, I fall.. 
Without my wings, I feel so small.. 
I guess I need you, baby ..
And everytime I see you in my dreams ..
I see your face, it's haunting me ..
I guess I need you, baby...."

Before I wander off, I faintly make out the song. It's Britney Spears' Everytime. The song tells about her not able to get over someone she dearly in love with. Their love are strong yet, they seem like strangers. She tried to convince herself that he's there with her, but he moved on, leaving her torn and stuck. Rain poured down, she believed she's the cause so she apologized. Every night she prays, so she could forget, but to no avail. It's clear she loves that someone so much. So, why? Why did they go on different ways?




The cry of Itzel woke me up. It's Sunday morning. I slept in early and I am able to wake up early in the fresh morning. Yet, I feel so sore. Out of all things, why did I dreamt that--that.... Kim Jongh.. *sigh* I crawl out of bed and went to fetch Itzel quickly.

"Zel, what's wrong?" She stopped crying but she still rattles her hand around cutely. I wiped the tears off his cheek and cuddled her. "You missed me~ Aww~" I smiled and kissed her lightly. Then, I went to the kitchen, which is affliated with the laundry room. I made milk for Itzel and fed her, which she heartily drank. After she finished, I patted her back lightly to make her burp while I have my cereal as breakfast.

"Come on, little girl, it's time for your bath~" I playfully informed and prepared the warm bath for my baby. She laughed and splashed water to me that doesn't exactly look like an accident yet I remained patient eventhough half of my clothes is soaked because she's a baby, she can't be thinking of doing that yet! Right? After a long term of bathing her and myself, unintentionally, I return to her room. I am only wearing the bathrobe Key presented me. Opposite of the baby crib, a small wardrobe is positioned. Inside, Itzel's and my clothes were cramped. Don't really have much money to buy a bigger one. Plus, why waste so much on furnitures? Save for the future! 

I took out a pink spring flowers patterned dress for Itzel and a long baby-blue sleeveless T-shirt that covers my bottom, a fit denim jacket and white leggings for me. The reason I picked these kind of clothes are because I'm planning to go for a walk at the park today~! I had been busy last Sunday and had to stay home, wasting my precious Sunday. So, today I'm gonna enjoy a walk and the fresh breeze with baby 'me'! Oh yeah, I gotta call him! My phone, settled on my bed. I went to fetch it and ring to Niel.

"Annyeong, Taemin." The other side answered rather hurriedly.

"Niel, want to go to the park?" I asked.

"With Itzel? Sure!" He answered cheerfully. He like kids so much! Which I find attractive.

"I'll be wearing baby-blue." I informed him.

"Then I will too! And Itzel wears pink, alright?"

"You read my mind!" We like to match our clothes when we goes out. It makes him and myself feels like a family. Especially blue and pink. I don't know what happened to Niel's family, but it seems like he doesn't want to touch the subject. I respect his privacy. I wish he'd talk to me about it. I want to be of help to him like he always do to me.

"I'll fetch you at your home. Be there soon!" He continued and hung up. I thought of walking towards the park myself and meet up with him. But.. Whatever! 

The preparations to go out is.. diapers, wet tissues, milk powder, a flask of warm water, sanitized milk bottles and baby's massaging oil. Itzel's tend to get flatulence, results from excessive gas in the stomach and intestines when she eats hastily. Anyway, put all those stuff inside my yellow bagpack and I'm all set.

As soon as I'm done, knocks could be heard from the front door. I glanced to Itzel to make sure she's safe inside her crib, hugging and tossing her teddy bear here and there. Aw, she's so cute! Grr! I LOVE HER!! "Yes, I'll be there!" I replied. The knocks continue to pound anyway, I hurried and look out from the window next to the door. Standing in front of my front house, was none other than the most-gracious-kind-and-great-money-lender, THE FROG. "Uh-huh, this my ."

**********

That chick. You're not going to obey me, huh? Fine. Then, I'll destroy your one and only holiday of the week. You made me do this. Is that clear? It's not like I WANT TO. NO, I DON'T. Do I have to make it anymore obvious?

As soon as I arrived near his house, I parked my car and stepped out. I stretched a bit and check out his house, is he out? Hm.. Doesn't seem so. Oh, look, a window is open on the left side. HE'S OUT? NO. HE'S NOT. The chick, . I mean, HALF-! He's trying to put on his leggings on his slender, milky long le-- WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING? Looking at a pretty boy dressing up from his window? THAT'S STALKING. I'M NOT DOING IT. NO, NOT ME, NOT I. Oh, but, wait. Look. He's giving me his back, putting on his T-shirt. His white back, his long hair resting on it-- ARGH, STOP IT!!

I quickly went to his front door and knocked on it. It got ignored so I continue to pound on it. I heard a faint answer from the inside, but I still continue. NOT THAT I'M FLUSHED OR ANYTHING. REALLY. As soon as the door flung open, dush!

"Ouch!" I exclaimed, the door, it hit my forehead. IT HURTS. "Damn you!"

"Oops, my bad~" He taunted, as sarcastic as always. Urgh.. I HATE IT.

"That's it? No sorry?"

"Why should I? I don't want to. I DON'T NEED TO. Why are you here anyway?" , that's annoying. But, kinda cute. Look at him, his hair is still wet. Must have just finished bathing. Hm? Why is he holding a baby's massaging oil?

"What are you? A baby? What's that? lubricant? Owh~" I sniggered at him and point at the object in his hand.

"I asked a question first. Why aren't you answering me? Deaf, perhaps?" He folded his arms and pouted a bit, avoiding my eyes. AW, AIN'T THAT CUTE. Pfft.

"*sigh* Fine, I came to enlighten your Lovely Sunday with that lubricant. I'm so nice, right?" I poked my head inside and smirked a bit at him. Dush! OUCH! "What the hell?!" I put a hand on my forehead. The chick just slammed the door on my head again, INTENTIONALLY. IT HURTS, DAMN IT!

"Oops, too bad I'm not interested." He answered. Then, he tried to shut the door, I stopped it with my hand and he struggled to oppose my strength. Pushing and pounding on the door, trying to shut it. Alas, I'm stronger. AW~ HIS SCRUNCHING FACE IS SO CUTE, RIGHT? Then, he gave up, sighed and reopen the door, pouting his pink lips. I stepped inside, standing right in front of him.

"I don't have any money, alright!" He kinda scolded me, still pouting. I just smiled, sarcastically like how he did to me yesterday. I approached him and patted him on his head.

"Do I look like I care, kiddy?" I said, right on his face. Huh? What? Why are you making that eyes? He's CRYING! No, don't! Huh? WAIT. Why do I care if he cries? I'd like it, s-so CRY, THEN. Aw, he's holding it back. Dush!

"OUCH!" I put my hand back on my forehead, and he did too, rubbing off the pain on his forehead. The boy just beat his head on mine, HARD.

"Bad frog! Bad frog!" He said, one hand still on his forehead and another pointing its forefinger to me. I got pissed off, I pulled his hair. It's his fault that it's easy to reach. HE KEPT IT LONG AND SILKY~ "!" He cursed and hit my chest repeatedly, making me cough.

"Stop it!" I tried to catch both of his wrist with my hands. He rattled his hands here and there SO WELL. But, then our actions paused because we heard a cry. A BABY'S CRY? The chick looked surprised and worried, he shoved me away and rushed to a room. I wonder what's there? Cautiosly, I continue walking inside his VERY simple and clean home. Before stepping inside the room, I can hear the cry stopped with the pretty boy's 'shhh'. I poked my head a little and took a glimpse in the room.

A baby, dressed in a cute and small pink dress is being held on the chick's shoulder, her hands clutching preciously on his T-shirt. GOSH, I WANT TO PINCH HER CHEEK SO MUCH!! LOOK AT HER, SHE'S SO PUFFED AND--- AND URMPH! SHE'S SO CUTE!! I walked towards both of them and caressed the little baby's cheek with my fingers. She held one of my finger and smiled lovingly. Which also left me smiling-- more like grinning. Yeah, I can imagine it. I look and feel like a goofy now. 

I like kids, so much.

*********

THAT SURPRISE ME. What the hell? What's with this VERY unexpected image I'm witnessing right now? On the mirror, a reflection of the Frog and Itzel giggling and teasing each other were displayed. And-- and 'he's kinda cute'. AHH!! WHAT AM I THINKING!! My stupid stupid thought caused me to gasp and turn around so sudden that leaves little space between me and him who is grinning widely. Pfft! He looks like a monkey.

"What's she's called?" He asked suddenly, still smiling happily. 

"What's in it for you?" I replied. "Shoo! Shoo!" Then, he stepped back a bit. Surprisingly, Itzel cried and were reaching out for the Frog, not so desperately. Yet, I could see she was yearning more of him. The Frog took a step closer, which made Itzel less struggle in my arms. I eyed him, then Itzel, back to him then back to my baby. Please don't make me do this! Rather jealously, I passed her to the Frog, he took her which fit in his arms PERFECTLY. NO, REALLY. PERFECT. A PERFECT IMAGE. For what? Um... ... ..... ??

"Hii, hii, hii~ Um~!" The Frog performed and magicly and rather ADORABLE, he made Itzel's cry stop and she's calming down. I don't know why Itzel wants him and why I passed her to the loan shark. I don't feel insecure or afraid. Plus, he seemed harmless to itzel, to kids and babies. My baby were still weeping bits by bits. He tapped on her tummy lightly and immediately said;

"This is... flatulence. If I'm not mistaken."

"Huh? Why do you know that..?" I replied, a little bit shocked.

"I'm familiar with babies and children." Uu~ That's *cough* kinda *cough* attractive. "Have you been feeding her baby's cereal?" He asked further which is followed by a negative answer from me. "Anyway, give me the oil. I'll massage her." And he took it from me and head to the crib. He laid Itzel on the mattress lightly. I snapped out of my fantasy and took a grip on the reality.

"Wait! Can you even do it properly?" I pulled his arm and our eyes met. He looked determined and I can see it. Not lying. Truth been told. "Fine." I continued and released his arm slowly. I stood next to him as he pour drops of massaging oil on Itzel's tummy. He pulled his long-sleeved shirt up to his elbow. Oh, look at the veins poking out his arms! 

STOP.

Maybe because I only fed her milk that's why she's diagnosed with this illness. I should have bought it yesterday! It's finished already! Plus, It's so expensive! Damn you price tag! You make me look bad! Anyway, he start massaging almost slow-motioned yet I could see Itzel is enjoying it. When I glanced to his eyes, he was focusing as if this is a very VERY important task entrusted to him. I kinda adore this part of him. ONLY THIS PART. IS THAT CLEAR?

"--ame." His voice shook me out of my distant thoughts.

"What? What?"

"What's her name?"

"Oh. It's Itzel."

"Hm~ Perhaps it means, 'star of the Aurora Sky'?"

"Wha! Yes, it does. How do you--?"

"I've always been fond of this name. It seems like it holds something different and special."

"Yes! Yes! I thinks so too! Especially, the part that legend said--" At this moment we both, rather a bit excitedly glanced to each other and utter the same sentence;

"--A bright, beautiful and well-beloved Mayan Princess held the name." Then, we both broke into small laughter of satisfaction. Then, we stopped and glanced away from each other. Then, Itzel laughed. Then, both of us looked at Itzel. Is she laughing over this 'INSANELY A COINCIDENCE' moment?

"*cough* Anyway, I think I should prepare some milk for her. She must be thirsty after burping so much." I said and hurried to the kitchen. When I arrived, I was a bit frantic and searched around for a milk bottle. Oh yeah! I packed all of them in my bag! I quickly went to fetch it and took the object I aimed for.

As I was preparing Itzel's milk, I can't help at how our behaviour change for 360 degrees. We were 'ting' and 'ing' each other just a little while ago. And look now! We're saying the same sentence, smiling at each other, laughing together and he even held Itzel in his arms. I tell you, it's hard for her to get use to someone so instantly. What's crazier is that, I KINDA ADORE THIS PART OF HIM? WHAT WAS THAT? Wake up, Lee Taemin! Why'd you find a loan shark so attractive? He's supposed to be dangerous! A harmful substance in my life and for sure to be a nuisance to Itzel as well. If that is possible. I mean, look at both of them! THEY'RE PRACTICALLY IN LOVE! 

Gaah! I don't know anymore! Hm? Wait. I don't know? I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. I DON'T KNOW HIS NAME. What the hell?

**********

Hehe-Hehehe-HEHE-HEHEHE. I love kids. I love children and babies. I want one of them for myself. MYSELF ONLY. Itzel, my dream-baby-girl-name baby, is softly resting on the baby's crib. Aw.. She's so cute. She looks so much like the chick. And she looks a bit like a doll. Which is synonym to the chick as well. But, her eyes seems a whole lot bigger than his. But, SHE'S SO CUTE! Talk of the devil, what's the chick doing? He's not coming back. Should I go check him out? Yes, I should.

As I was walking towards the kitchen, as if I'm familiar with the layout of the house, I couldn't help but ponder upon the change of our behaviour. We were fighting and cursing at each other earlier, but then, I became close to his.. his.. What's Itzel to him? I wonder. 

Hehehe. This is kinda weird. But, cute. I mean, we're saying the same sentence, smiling at each other, laughing together and I even held Itzel, a stranger, in my arms. Not that I hate it. I'm thankful for it. I miss children so much! I had a little brother before. Well, he grew up and not so little anymore. And somehow he's gone. To somewhere I don't even know if he exist anymore or not. Now that I think of him, I kinda miss him. 

As soon as I arrive at the kitchen, I caught a glimpse of the Chick's back, who is pouring warm water from a jug into a milk bottle. He shut it and shook the bottle. I approached him and he turned around and head towards the exit, which is my entrance. WOAH!!

Dunk!

I fell. No, I tripped. Over a yellow bagpack sprawled in the middle of the kitchen. And now, I'm awkwardly on top of a defenceless little chick. 

"..Owh.. Ouch..!" The boy still groaning from the pain. I snapped out of the surprise, and froze for a while. Mm... he smells nice~ As he always do. I back off a bit and eyed him. He fixed his eyes on me and a long pause filled our inches between each other. Um, what am I supposed to say here? Do we have to say quiet just like this? Should I stand up? Offer a hand for him?

"What's your name?" He asked suddenly, eyes curious and interested. Hm? Name? Of course! Name! I don't know his name yet! Before I could answer and get a reply of his name, I already receive my answer first, followed by his.

**********

"Taemin! Huh?! MINHO-HYUNG!?" A suprised Niel called out loud, when he saw both of us on the floor. That's when I realized, 

1. I forgot to shut the door earlier.
2. Oh, his name is Minho.
3. What? Niel knows this Frog?


4. My heart is beating faster than usual.