Chapter 1

A.D.T.O.Y.

A.D.T.O.Y.

All day I think of you

 

The reflectors makes me realize that my dream had just begun. I watched happily the fans that were screaming and encouraged me. The debut isn’t easy for nobody, you were not used to the atmosphere. I knew that that was what I always wanted and I was very happy about the concert. I knew that most of the fans were there just to see the Royals group, but I didn’t mind. I knew that it was normal but I couldn’t helped but hope that we will that popular that they are.

After I sung “All lies”, the fans cheer me up and I came back in the backstage happier than ever. The members huged me, saying that I did a great job. I wished Bom luck, who was about to start her solo performance, then I went to the toilet. I watched my reflection in the mirror and I almost didn’t recognize myself. I had a lot of make up put on  and it maked me feel like I was a different person. I sighed and washed my hands. Just when I wanted to return to the members of my band, I hear our manager’s voice, so I listened.

  • - They will show up, believe me! He said. You know how Jaejoong is.

And then, another person talked.

  • - I cant this is happening again to me. If the CEO finds out, I will be surely fired.
  • - You won’t! Royals  wont put you in danger for their joy.

I figured out who was the other person. The manager of Royals, the most popular band that debuted under SM Entertainment. They were our conceited seniors. Those persons continued to talk, but I wasn’t able to hear because they returned in the backstage. I waited for them to got there, then I returned too. Bom was with the others members, and on the stage was Min Ho.

After all the members did their solo, we entered the scene for the first time like a true band. The instrumental of our first song “Empty” was heard and Jinwoo started to sing the first words. I think it was the best thing that happened to me in this life. Since I was a child I wished to be singer and the members of my band to be my friends. Just like then. Bom was my best friend and Min Ho, Jinwoo and Changmin were the friends that I always wanted. They really care about each other.

We can say that our debut was a success. The fans loved us and for the first time, I knew that they enjoyed our songs and they didn’t think only at the moment when Royals will appear on the stage. When we came back in the backstage, we saw Jessica smiling and coming to us. For one second, I thought she was going to congratulate us, but then I saw she entering in the stage. I searched the others Royals’s members but I couldn’t find them. Then I heard Jessica’s voice and I watch the screen that showed her performing. I recognized immediately Jaejoong’s voice singing the next verse and I saw him passing through fans and climbing on stage. The others had done the same. A was jealous when I saw how happy were the fans when their favorite band showed up. I felt sorry for the fans because they love those conceited singers. It was a pitty that they were like that, because their voice and their presence on stage were perfect.

They sang two more songs and after it, the concert finished. When they passed besides us, they studied us, but without saying a word. Seeing their behavior, I left furious to the place where was held the interview for the “Celebrities” magazine. One single thing that Royals had done right: they left.

  • - What’s the relationship between you and your seniors, the Royals’s members?

When I heard the question, I almost hit my head on the table that were in front of us. And I really thought she was a nice lady. I looked down because I didn’t want to be the one that answers this question. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard Min Ho throwing few words for the answer.

  • - We respect them very much and we get along well. If we have a problem, they help us without thinking twice.

Lies, lies and lies again. The worst part in being a celebrity is that you need to lie all the time or hiding the truth. How will sound if I say “Our seniors are some idiots who think they are the best and the most talented persons and they don’t care about their fans” ? This surely wont be for our CEO’s taste. We accepted “the terms and conditions” when we sign the contract with SM and I didn’t want to make any mistake.

          - Dara, she said, for how I understood, you are the maknae of the band. How do you feel about it?

I scaried for a second. I thought she observed my annoyance when I heard the word “Royals” and she was going to ask me why I reacted that way.

  • - Im not affected by this thing. I smiled. The members don’t care about the age, they don’t think im less talented because im the maknae.

She nodded, making me realize that she was expecting to such an answer.

  • - Min Ho, she sad watching my friend, for being a lider was necessary to vote?
  • - Oh, no, the elder became the leader.
  • - And we are proud of him, said Bom. Neither of us would be a better leader than him.

We nodded. I never wanted to be a leader and seeing the way he was choose, I would never been able to be one. I knew Min Ho didn’t think he was superior because he was our leader.

Once the interview was done, we left home. Our manager promised us that the next day we’ll go at the karaoke club. I was looking forward to it because our training days were very tiring.