FINAL(ly)- This is it. HARD TO STOP.

Hard to Stop

 

 

It's too long for me to edit. so UNEDITED. lol. Please spare me for this one. I'm really sorry.

Took so long and this is the sh*t I'm giving you guys. HOMYGOSH.

 

WARNING: LONG sh*t

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

“RUN! HYOYEON! Run away from here!”

Is what she said. But I shook my head. I feel dizzy.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

HYOYEON’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

I feel dizzy.

What’s that noise? Oh. Of course, my alarm clock.

I stood up from my small bed as I reach for it to stop. I rub my eyes while the other hand is looking for my glasses from my nearby study table. I felt the familiar piece on my hand and slipped the glasses in my eyes. It took me 5 seconds to see the familiar room clearly and I made my way to the bathroom after I got my towel and other things.

 

I sigh as I felt the warm water on my body. Weird. I thought. Where are they?

 

Then a loud bang was heard in the door. I quickly stopped the running water and reached for my towel, as I wear my clothes with the towel now wrapped in my hair, the banging didn’t stop and I opened the knob with my knuckles shaking.

 

“What the Hyo, I remember not affecting your ears yesterday for you to be freaking deaf so why it took you minutes to open the godamn door.” Kris hissed and I only lowered my head as he harshly pulled me outside the bathroom and went in for himself, slamming the door in my face.

Then I pulled myself together and arranged my schoolbag and went downstairs to prepare breakfast for us.

 

After an hour, I heard a loud grunt upstairs, Sehun.

“Morning.” He greeted and I smiled a little. Then I placed his plate in front of his usual sit and got him a glass of orange juice.

As I go back to the kitchen counter, I felt a tap on my shoulders and I looked back but not letting go of the pan having the eggs and bacon to be placed in the plates beside the stove.

 

Chanyeol.

 

“I’m hungry, hurry up.” He said and I immediately placed the foods on the plates and carefully placed them in the table, I don’t want to anger him.

 

After moments of silence, we all went to our rooms as I placed the dishes on the counter, reminding myself to wash them as soon as we get home and gather our things to school. But I checked on my Mother’s picture before I get out.

 

Then I heard a loud hoink. Oh no, Kris would be mad if I don’t get down there.

 

I picked my bag and went to the elevator. Unluckily, there is no more space so I had to use the stairs. Our apartment is at the 4th floor and I almost stumbled on the steps as my pace should not decrease or they’ll leave me. I was still getting my steady breathing while I stare at the empty street. They left me already.

 

 

8:47 a.m. I’m late.

 

I can see Sehun smirking while the teacher is yelling at me as to why I’m late again, like in a week row. I got detention later after classes and I can only hold my head down as I make my way to my chair. Life .

 

“Can’t get out of our house without kissing your oo, oh I mean your Mother, the reason why you’re the one experiencing the stupid she left?” Chanyeol whispered as I pass to his table and I can only close my eyes for a second and sit quietly in my chair. You can do this Hyoyeon.

 

 

 


 

 

 

I yelped as a hot sting arrived in my cheeks. “I never thought you could be stupider than you already are.” I whimpered as Kris grits his teeth. I forgot their lunch boxes, I actually remember them, but I’m already at the front gate of our school so I had no choice but to leave it as it is.

I’m quiet thankful that it’s only Kris who’s venting his anger at me, seems like the two are away.

 

“Do you want me to beat you up again?” He said while pulling my hair out. I cry at the desperation. Desperate to escape from here, from him, from them.

The next second, I felt my body slumped to the floor with a kick on my stomach as Kris walks away, hissing under his breath.

 

I clawed at the wall, my legs, too shaky to stand up. I clutched at my stomach as I limply walk inside our classroom. Sehun raised a brow as I seat in my chair, he chuckled as he rests his head on one of his palms while looking at me. I just sighed and drank from a water bottle on my bag. As usual, there are girls surrounding his table, also laughing at my sight.

“Well, well well.. if it isn’t the school’s stupid .” He spat and the girls giggled.

 

Yes. This man happened to convince the school I’m actually out some guys that’s why sometimes I go to the classroom limping with disheveled hair and more.

I only bit my lips as I try to rest my head on the table.

 

“Trying to remember the last guy that had you? Oh, there are hundreds on your list, eh?” He said a bit too loud and I can feel the whole class putting holes in my head.

 

My head feels dizzy.

I need to sleep. I took out on my cellphone and stared at my wallpaper, having my Mom, I smiled and off I am to dreamland.

 

 


 

 

 

“KIM HYOYEON!” I heard a loud shout of my name as I jumped in my seat, eating all the sleepiness in me. As my hit the floor and I whimper for the impact, the whole class roars in laughter. I sat straight and grabbed my bag, not paying attention to the teacher who’s in the middle of his lecture. I need to get out of here. Fast. Then I saw Kris glaring at me, I can only gulp but I continued on my way though.

 

I took out the remaining cents in my wallet as I pay for the bus ride. I went to the nearest seashore in our place. Here, I can remember each happy memory my Mom left me, the ‘stupid s’ Chanyeol call, they’re actually my happiness, and they’re not stupid, especially not , they’re treasure. Treasure that can keep me going for life.

 

 


 

 

My Mom was still young when she had me, I think she’s 18 years old at that time and my Dad was around 21 years old. They were happy together, and they said they became happier when I came, even though Mom stopped going to school and my Dad would go home late because he has to do overtime to pay for our needs, we’re contented and complete.

 

But one day, like a cliché in the movies, my Dad got into an accident and died, I was only 8 at that time and it made our life upside down. My Mom could only go home every week because of work and I stay at my grand-parents’ house for the meantime but Mom cannot go there because Grandpa still feels heavy for her being pregnant at an early age and losing the chance to inherit our small business but when Mom came to them carrying me with a very high fever, they took consideration and treated me with full care from then. And then, like I told you, it’s like a movie, one day my Mom went to my school after doing her work as usual but that time, she’s with another, they’re holding hands and that’s when I met Kris, Sehun and Chanyeol, that man’s sons. And my life became a total hell.

 

Well, it wasn’t the real hell yet when they came, I can feel the 3 doesn’t like me, they would use every chance when Mom and my Step-dad are not looking to bully me by hitting and calling me names. But as long as my Mom is with me, I can handle it.

 

And then again, another one day, I was 15 at that time, actually it was my birthday when I got called by our Principal in the middle of my History Class, which at first I was thankful for because our History teacher was making a recorded recitation, but that relief was soon changed to agony when I heard Mom was holdup and killed by two men as she was about to go to a pastry house to buy me a cake for a small celebration at our house later.

 

 I never cried so much before, I would sniff when the 3 beat me but I never cried, afraid about their threats of them to tell my Step-Dad to leave Mom and lose her family which I can’t do to hurt my Mom. When we buried her, I actually want to hug my Step-Dad, to try and tell him that I’m still here as he is in his knees, crying for Mom, but instead, I was pushed and he yelled at me infront of the people who came to pay a visit for my Mom, that it was my fault that she died, if I didn’t asked her to get me a cake that morning, she wouldn’t go to that pastry shop and get killed. I can only stare at him with wide eyes. My Grand-parents were also present at that time and they immediately said that they would keep me with them instead now that my only real relatives are them and after the scene he had caused, they think he may not take care well of me.. But the day they were supposed to get me from our house, my Step-dad took us away and went far. And here I am, experiencing the deep, suffocating, dark hell. I feel dizzy.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

“Please.. please.. stop.. stop..” I begged Kris as he pulled my hair and pushed me then I bumped to the wall hard.

“You’re a ing peasant that I want to be gone forever… but well then who am I going to put my stress on then?” He spat in my face, I can only cry and tremble in fear. Is he finally going to kill me? I’ve actually prayed for that to times, so that I can be free from here.

 

“Wait, I think I got my baseball bat in home because our coach let me take it today.” He mumbled and went outside the kitchen. I try to walk straight but got caught when Chanyeol entered and went to the fridge. He grinned when he saw me weak on my knees. I tried to crawl in the nearest corner but he stepped on my foot and I screamed as I try to push away.  He stepper harder and opened the water bottle he got from the fridge and drank from it. I was still struggling when spits of water came to my face, Chanyeol spat the water he drank on my face.

 

He giggles like a kid and said: “You look funny; want me to take a picture?” He teased and I glared at him.

“Oh, so...” He steps closer and I tried to back away more, my head hitting the lower cabinets, “You can glare at me now?!” He shouted and threw the bottle in my face again; my face would definitely swell tomorrow.

 

Then he kicked my shoulder down and my head hit the floor, I heard someone said, I think it was Kris “If you don’t wake up in 3 hours, I’m going to burn down your books.” And a wild laugh,

 

 

then I lost consciousness.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

I groaned as I wake up, I’ll admit, I thought they would at least put me into the couch or to the matt after their beating-session of me, but here I am, my body feels so tired and sore because I was left unconscious to the cold and hard kitchen floor. I tried to pull myself up by holding to the table but I’m still very weak that I only slumped back to the door. Only my huffs of air can be heard in the kitchen as I just look above the ceiling. I feel dizzy. I’ve been dizzy these past weeks, I wonder what’s happening. I hope it’s something that can make me go to the hospital so I can at least rest or—wait, I think even there, those three would have the guts to beat me as long as they want, of course without being seen by someone else. I just let my body slumped ot the cold floor for about an hour, I don’t care if I get a fever or something, I just feel tired and dizzy. And then I went to dreamland again.

 

 

I woke up again and it’s night already. I can finally feel my body gain back its energy and I stood up as I dust off my clothes.  My stomach grumbled so hard to eat something fast and the first thing I saw are breads and a glass of milk, I think it’s Sehun’s in the table but why did he left one? I shrugged it off and so I just grabbed it and ate. I walk to my room after I felt that no ones’ home yet. Grabbing my bag, I made my assignments for tomorrow not forgetting to make another copy for Chanyeol since he’s a very lazy student, whenever I forget to make a copy for him, it’s one of the reasons why I get beaten up by him. My pencil fell so I had to pick it up, when I bent my stomach, something in that part made me scream in pain, it hurts so much, I curled to the floor as I clutched to my stomach. I pulled my shirt up and the bruises I got there are still evident, but normally, it wouldn’t hurt this much, and then I remember the milk. It was spoiled.

 

I can only cry as I hug my knees, trying to soothe down the pain in my stomach as I look into my mother’s picture in my study table, with my books messily placed in the right holders, I can see that there are burnt parts and some pages slipping out. Chanyeol really likes destroying my properties.

 

“Ma, why do I have to go through all of these? I’ve never done something very horrible to have all these things happen to me. Please help this pain be lessen, Mom.  I-I miss y-you so much.” I mumbled and tried to go to my small bed while clutching to my Mom’s picture and cover my body with the blanket. I sniffled as I try to sleep away the pain. But hours had gone by and it’s just getting worse, with wobbly legs, I reach the house’s phone and contacted emergency call. After a few minutes, they got into the house and escorted me to the hospital.

 

 

 


 

 

 

“You’re only alone in the house, Hyoyeon?” The Doctor asked and I just nod. “But you said you have 3 step-brothers that have the same age as you, yet they weren’t in the house?” She said and I just nod again. “Well how about your Dad or Mom?” I gulped before answering, “My Mom is already deceased and my Step-Dad is working outside the town to support us.” The Doctor, as I seen in her nameplate, Dr. Choi Sooyoung, pressed her lips in a thin line before sighing and reminded me about taking my pills and to stay here for 2-3 days.

I felt a bit relief when I was left alone in the room. At least I can rest peacefully. But my head said otherwise. I feel dizzy.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

I walked in the balcony of the hospital I’m currently in. I nervously bit my lip as I take a sit on a bench. The nurse earlier said that they already contacted my step-brother, Kris to take me home; it’s already been 3 days of my spending here. And I know I’ll be dead the moment he sees me again. How I want to just jump off from here and escape. But a nurse called my name and told me Kris is already here, I gulped down and offered her a smile saying I’ll be there in a minute.

I went back to my room and gasped when I saw Kris is already sitting in the chair near my bed. My clothes are already folded (which were only borrowed from the kind people in the hospital since my house wouldn’t answer any call, except for this day, to get me some clothes as I stay) and Kris suddenly stood up making me jolt up from my position in the door. He just brushed past to me but he whispered, “Later at home.” I already want to run to the nurses that showed and made me feel how being cared about again even just for a few days, to save me from the beasts from what I’m supposed to call ‘home’, that they wouldn’t think twice to crush me to pieces as I go home now, who made me feel this living deep pit of sufferings, pain and nightmares. And with their claws, they would not let me escape, so I need to go now, to be saved--- but Kris already pulled me outside the room and we’re on our way to the elevator.

 

I tried to resist, but his grip is too strong that only tears came out from my eyes as I hang my head low, to not make people see how weak I am and powerless next to this demon of my living hell. I was dragged up until we reach his car and a menacing silence flowed inside during the ride. After I saw the familiar street, I started crying again. I beg Kris to not let me go home but he only snickered and parked in front of our house. I was holding the door of the car to not let Kris get to me since I failed to lock it, but Kris is of course a lot stronger than I am so he only pulled a little and the door swung open, I tried to kick him and scream for help but he held my mouth and punched my stomach making me easier for him to handle. He grabbed me on my shoulders as we enter the house. I’m already finding a hard time to breathe properly since I can imagine the next scenes that could happen.

 

 

I clawed on the floor when Kris pulled at my leg, trying to put me into the bathtub with cold water already flowing out and I can see there are still ice cubes on it. My hands managed to grab on the wall’s corner so Kris’ pulling halted for a while but he stomped unto my hands making me scream again in pain and I let go. He pulled me again by my shoulders to make me stand up and stripped my shirt, my eyes widened and I struggled but he slapped me and said, “I have no intention in taking your body, you ing moron, I don’t want to be associated in your title being known at the school’s .” Then he torn the shirt and used them to tie my wrists, and when he was about to tie my legs, I tried to run but he slipped me making me face the floor once again and sat on my stomach, my breathing became tattered because he’s heavy with his tall and large body. When he finished tying my legs, he pulled on my hair and held my body close to the bathtub.

 

“How did you get into the hospital?” he asked but only cries came out from my mouth. Then he pushed my head down in the cold water for seconds and pulled back again. I coughed hard and my head started to pound again.

“Okay, let see, Hyoyeon.. Next question…” He made a motion of thinking with his free fingers to his head, and my body is starting to shiver wild.

“Did you think about the money we spent because of your stupidity? It was a waste, you're a waste, a trash and, in I don’t know what kind of state of mind, drank a ing spoiled milk.” Then he pushed my head again to the water for seconds again. I can see from my blurry vision that my skin is turning paler and my lips are starting to be blue, but these pains can’t be compared to how my head hurts so much.

 

I cannot hear Kris anymore because the world seems twirling around and when he pushed down my head again, I out.

 

 

 


 

 

 

My head still hurts. I opened up my eyes. I was lying on the floor, my head on the closed toilet, my legs aren’t tied anymore but my wrists still are. I stood up and tried to peel off the piece of clothes in my wrists. I then made my way to the kitchen, to look for a knife, but I failed to grab it, and it fell, the clang sound it made echoed loudly to the room. It hurt my head again. It hurts so much that I try to scream to think it could be lessen, but it was not. Frustrated, I hit the table and the things on it were thrown, when my hands began to bleed, I hurried to the corner, and maybe this place would be a haven. But NO NO NO NO. it’s not. Why? Why why why why. I don’t know.

Mom! Yes. Mom. Mom would know why.

 

I skipped outside the kitchen room and grabbed a shirt on the way. I looked at the clock. Oh my gosh, it’s 1:24 a.m. already! Mom would be worried! Never-mind the shoes. I ran my way to the elevator, humming a song, I smile to the reflection made by the steel wall of the elevator, those blue and purple things on my face looks like they’re make-up, but I don’t like having make-up on my face, I try to wipe it with my shirt but to no avail, I try again and the door finally open, but the make-up is still on, and it dares to make me feel more pain in my face instead time by time as I rub it, I hate this. I just skipped out and made my way to the hospital my Mom used to stay in since she’s sick. Oh oh! She likes flower, doesn’t she? So I grabbed a random flower in the street.

 

 About two hours, I finally managed it to the hospital; I wonder why those people keep on staring at me. I knocked on the room 192 but no one answered. I knocked again, but someone said, “Wait” but I want to see my Mom now! So I bang my fists to the door. Then I saw someone familiar, “...Hyoyeon? Wh-what happened to you?! Do you remember me? I’m Doctor Choi, Choi Sooyoung.” She said and grabbed on my shoulders, startled, the flower fell from my hands. I gasped and wiggled out from her hold and picked up the flower, is it hurt? I cooed on it, maybe it needs a little pamper, I stood up again and Dr. Sooyoung has this weird expression in her face. It was funny so I laughed hard. She was about to grab unto me but I need to find my Mom soon so I skip away. I failed to find my Mom here, I pout as I went outside the hospital, ignoring Dr. Sooyoung calling to me, telling me about my 3 step-brothers or something, she’s annoying.

 

I went back home but my knees back down in the middle of my way, I saw my feet bleeding, I wiped it with my shirt and tried to make the flower kiss it, because flowers can tend to cuts, right?

 

 Here it goes again. My head. It hurts. It freaking hurts. I tried to stand up but my feet won’t.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I screamed in pain.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

I didn't felt or know how I got here, all I can see is I'm already standing infront of our house' door with my hazy, dizzy and painful head.  

 

The flower, now in pitiful pieces in my hands.

 

I clicked the doorknob open and darkness was present inside the house.

 

“Mom!” I called. No answer.

 

 

Breathe. Hyoyeon, breathe. My head, it’s starting to throb again. Stomps of my feet echoed into the room.

 

Stop.

 

 

There’s a loud clattering, sounds of pieces being broken, things being smashed. Run. I opened the door of my room.

 

 

Sehun.

 

My once small but proper room is now in a wreck. My cupboard’s lying on the floor with my clothes and things spread out r, my walls have holes on them, my books’ pages were torn, my mirror is now in pieces. Sehun, this demon made this. A choked cry came out from my mouth; my once safe haven was now touched by a demon. Ignoring the blood stains my feet is bringing into my now dirty carpet too, I strode to the room to find something. Someone.

 

I searched in my cupboard, worried that she could be squeezed under it, nothing but clothes.

I lift my bed-sheet and the foam, nothing.

I took the pages by my hand as it can, now staining it and making the words blurry by tears, they served as my little worlds when the real one was too painful for me to handle, and now, they’re gone.

 

A loud crackle.

 

I whip my head to the direction I heard.

 

 

Chanyeol.

 

“I’ll cut your hair if you won’t stop crying.”

He was stepping into my Mom’s picture. The most precious memory I have. I can see her face in the photo, crumble, the frame being broken. The memory that reminds me to go on despite the things blocking my road, now, also gone.

 

 

 

 

 And I can see this demon snickering as he picks up the last straw of my sanity.

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

Hyoyeon screams in agony. The pain, the abuse, the threats, the accusations, the stress, and the lost already crept up to the veins of her body and mind, and she violently flails her hands, knocking off things, throwing objects, tearing with the shrieks she’s making. The veins in her head are popping out, angriness evident in her red and puffy eyes.

 

When she heard the click of the door, she thrash her head to the sound and saw Kris.

 

“YOU!” She pointed to him, Kris jolted at the name, this is the first time he saw Hyoyeon become furry, and it’s really unexpected and scary.

 

“WHY WHY WHY” She repeated while scratching at her head, some strands are now pulled out and fall into the ground. Kris wouldn’t admit, but he’s really getting the shivers down in his spine at the scene occurring in front of him.

 

He pushed Kris away to get the picture of her Mom, as she tries to wipe away the dust but blood stains covered the crumpled picture instead, she cries harder, over and over. A cry that could be resembled quickly to a desperate one, a desperate cry to bring back the things and people that were kept away from her, a desperate cry why all things happened to her, a desperate cry to escape from here.

 

Kris is confused. His head cannot take the screams and cries anymore, his head aches and he stumbles his way outside, holding his chest, he was about to take a step on the stairs when a loud crash came and it alarmed Kris making him miss a step and fall down in the stairs. Limbs were crashed and bones were broken, blood oozing out from Kris’ head.

 

And there, in their House’ front door, stood Doctor Choi Sooyoung, she gaped at the man now lying dead on the floor and after a few seconds, she called 911 and hurried upstairs to go check on Hyoyeon as she can hear her cries.

 

 

It made her tear too, at the scene unfolding. A very pitiful scene of a person clutching into a picture that may mean very precious to her, Dr. Sooyoung carefully stepped into the room, not wanting to break more the broken person.

 

“Hyoyeon?” She called. But the girl instead gone wild and started to throw things at her, Dr. Sooyoung saw the bloods stains on Hyo’s shirt, she opens her palm and saw the broken flower Hyoyeon was holding eariler at the hospital with blood on it, then she remembered the man lying on the floor. It couldn’t be-

 

 

 

 

 

 

HYOYEON’S POV

 

 

 

 

Mom! Why.. I was about to come to you to ask.. but why did you left…

 

My head hurts. There are sirens closing to the place.

 

I looked up and saw my Mom. A faint sight of my Mom, I can only see her upper body, but it’s worth it. She’s still very pretty. She was crying too like me, I want to wipe her tears but I was only met with air. Then she was pointing into the door, saying,

 

 

“RUN! HYOYEON! Run away from here!”

Is what she said. But I shook my head. I feel dizzy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And then black.

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

 

 

 

Room 23. Mental Institution.

Cops were infront of a large room with a large window glass on it, they are also listening to the discussions between the doctors of the patient no.23

“Yes, according to the tests we had, we confirmed that Hyoyeon is suffering from Psychotic disorder due to a medical condition: she may be creating  hallucinations, delusions, or other symptoms that may result of another illness that affects brain function, such as a head injury or brain tumor.” Dr. Sooyoung nodded as Dr. Kibum explained to him about Hyo’s behavior earlier at the hospital and at the scene she saw in their house.

 

She walks near to a large glass window that shows a curled up Hyoyeon in the corner. She took out her card and swiped it across the door-machine to let her in and talk to Hyoyeon.

 

Hyoyeon was hugging her knees close to her chest and Dr.Sooyoung crouches down to her level and patted her head. The girl only cowered more to the corner and Dr. Sooyoung could only sigh.

 

“Hyoyeon, I just want to talk to you about something.” She said. “Please?” and that got Hyo to push her head up a little.

 

“Well, you see, you have three step-brothers, right?” she asked and Hyo nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Umn. You only have one step-brother, and he’s Kris.” Dr. Sooyoung said. Hyoyeon scrunched her eyebrows.

“You were suffering from a mental illness called Psychotic disorder that makes you have hallucinations or imaginations, and your imagination caused you to create two split personalities of your real step-brother, that is Kris. Kris was the violent one, and then from Kris, you made Chanyeol, who would pull threats and destroy your things, then Sehun, the one who affects you from verbal abuse.”

Hyo ducked her head down again.

 

“We’re also in the midst of your tests to see if your brain has any damage, and of course hopefully not, right?” But she was met with silence, Dr.Sooyoung then just sighed. She stood up but a pull on the hem of her shirt stopped her. “I hope you'll remember me. Because I don't know who I am anymore, what I have, who are there for me. Are you scared?” Hyo said with lips quivering and wide eyes. Dr.Sooyoung look stunned at the words but one of the cops flicked the hand and escorted her out of the room.

.

 

“Dr. Choi, we agree that we’ll let Kim Hyoyeon stay here for a while to get medical help, but after she gets well, we’ll move on to the case of possible murder of her step-brother Wu Kris.” The Cop who held her said. Dr.Sooyoung only nodded and the cops made their way out.

 

Dr. Sooyoung glanced at Hyoyeon once more before the click of her heels resonates in the hallway as she takes her steps away from Hyo's room. Completely failing to hear the soft sobs from the room of Hyoyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

HYOYEON’S POV

 

 

 

 

They’re here. Chanyeol is holding my Mom’s picture. Kris is smirking at me. And Sehun said, “I am hard to stop. No one can do that to me.” I shook my head.

“Go away! Go away!” I shouted. I pulled the sheets on my bed, I wailed my hands, why are they’re here??!

 

Please please.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Help me.

 

 


 

 

 

TOLD YOU. it's sh*tty

 

22279 CHARACTERS. 5443 WORDS. 17 PAGES