Chapter 3

A New Beginning

 

3.

 

As we entered the club, I was stopped by a man. Chunhee stepped in front of that man protectively and stared at him. I tried to see his face but could not see it due to bad lighting.

 

“Don’t teach him these things.” I heard the man mutter to Chunhee.

“He’s my friend. You don’t need to care.” Chunhee hissed.

“Chunhee…”

“No. Don’t interfere with my life. You never did, when I was young, you will not do it now.” Chunhee said defiantly.

“Let’s say I have something to talk to this boy about.” The man said. “Will you let us?”

 

Chunhee stared at the man for awhile, looked over at me, and then glance at the crowd around them which were made by his boys.

 

“Junsoo hyung… Bring them in first…” Chunhee told the tall boy behind him.

“Knew that would happen.” Junsoo muttered. “Come on, boys.” He waved to the others. “Ah, the show, the drama…” He exclaimed jokingly and winked at me. I grinned back for a second before returning my attention to Chunhee and the man.

 

“Chunhee.” The man started.

“No, I won’t make the decision for him. If he wants to listen to what you want to say, go ahead. If he doesn’t, you can’t force him.”

 

I cleared my throat.

 

“Hyung.” I put my hand on Chunhee’s shoulder; he hesitated, and then moved away.

 

I looked at the man who was one head taller than me.


“Before I decide whether to listen to what you want to say, I would like an introduction from you first.” I said.

 

He handed me a name card. I took a look at it and it said JYP. My eyes went big in shock.

 

“You’re Park Jin Young, CEO and founder of JYP entertainment?”

“Yes.” He replied. “Indeed I am. Do I have your attention now?”

“No. I want to know why you want to speak to me.”

 

I saw the amusement in his eyes.


“Not an easy one, are you. The reasons are many. But to make things easier, I was the one who sang with you yesterday.”

 

I recalled the man who helped me along when I choked on my words during Minhee’s funeral.

 

“Oh.”

“So can we talk?”

 

I felt Chunhee stiffen behind me. I nodded. As I walked away with JYP, I put a reassuring hand on Chunhee’s shoulder; our way of saying it will be fine.

 

As I followed JYP, I noticed the short guy beside him for the first time.