II

Oh! Jubilee

Baro's POV

Just as I walked through the gates of the school, my cell phone rang loudly. 

Cursing mentally, I reached for it in my pocket. It was my mother.

"Sun Woo-yah! Have you arrived safely? Why didn't you call? Jinyoung even texted you! Anyways, how's your dorm and roommate? Is everyone nice to you? Have you eaten yet?"

I smiled. Only my mother could care for such a jerk like me.

"Mom, I'm fine. The flight was alright and I'm at the school now."

"Have you registered yourself into the student system yet? Don't you need to send in a form by tonight?"

"Fine, fine, Mom. I'll send it in as soon as possible. Don't worry."

"Where are you? Have you eaten?"

"Yes, I'm in my dorm. I've eaten. But I have to go, Mom. Love you, bye."

I hung up hurriedly because I didn't want her worrying more than she needed to. 

But as I spoke with my mom, I noticed a girl sitting on a nearby bench. Immediately I could tell she was Korean.

She had the typical white skin of London, but her brown eyes gave and intent gaze fixed on me told me that she was not like the other English.

Her long, wavy hair was fixed up in a ponytail and her face glistened with beads of sweat. 

BeautifulI thought.

I watched as she got up and began to jog away, evidently having noticed my stare.

"Wait!" I yelled, running to catch up. She stopped abruptly in front of me and turned around.

"Huh? Hello?" she said to me in English. I felt a bit discouraged, maybe I was wrong. Maybe she wasn't Korean.

"I know you speak Korean, I could see you observing my phone call to my mom, which clearly means you understand what I'm saying," I shocked myself with my boldness. After all, I just met her. 

Up close, I could see her features more clearly. She was wearing a light jacket with shorts. Her dark brown hair shined in the rising sun. Such a typical high school Asian girl.

I had seen enough girls in Korea to know that she would swoon for me if I tried. Yet, she eyed me with suspicion and superiority.

"Okay, you got me. What did you need from me?" I internally sighed with relief when she replied in Korean. She crossed her arms, she was a bit out of breath from her jogging. 

"Nothing, just wanted to..." I stopped and smirked. I could tell she was getting agitated. 

"What?"

"Never mind."

"No, tell me."

"Just wanted to see you up close. You're pretty cute, you know that?" I gave her a charming smile. She began to flush, which was quite evident on her pale face. 

Cute. I thought. And conveniently Korean.

"Well, uhm.. Thank you.. uhh--" she stuttered a little. 

"Sun Woo. Cha Sun Woo, but call me Baro." I gave her another one of my winning smiles.

"Thank you, Baro. Now is that really all you needed from me or--"

As she spoke, I reached for her cell phone. It was unlocked. I could sense her shock as I added my number. As I did, a text message ringed.

Meet me out back today at 10 Dasom! See ya~~

So her name was Dasom. 

"How did you---"

"I'm just a genius, what can I say." I chuckled. She was fun to tease. 

"Just kidding, it was unlocked to begin with. Never fear."

I tossed her phone back to her and started to walk away. 

"I'll be seeing you around, friend." I winked and turned away.

***

When I arrived at my dorm, I scanned my key card and walked inside. 

The dorm was elegant and large. It had a marble-counter kitchen and a TV in the living room. There were two rooms. 

I found mine. It was empty except for a desk and a bed. A small window let in a few streaks of sunlight, sufficiently lighting up the room despite the foggy air outside. I dropped my bags onto the floor and began to unpack. 

 I checked my watch. 7:30 AM on a Friday morning? My roommate should be up.

As I had hoped, just as I stepped outside my room, a young man opened the door to the other dorm. He was dressed in a white T-shirt with grey sweatpants.

"Ah.. Uhmmm. Hello!" he said hurriedly, fixing his bed hair.

"Hi... I don't speak English well.. Sorry. Nice to meet you, I'm Baro." I managed to form a sentence. 

He was pretty tall, with light brown hair. His face was cute, but I could tell he worked out. 

"I'm Luhan, I guess we'll be rooming together for the next year? I'm a junior, you?"

"Ahh.. I'm junior too."

"Where are you from? I'm guessing you're new to London." Luhan asked cheerfully as he headed toward the kitchen. 

"Korea. I just arrived couple hours ago."

"Really? Hey, I speak Korean!" He changed his speech to Korean.

"I know some friends who do here. They can probably help you around. Except maybe.... Dasom. She's a bit... Er.. different." 

Now that was a name I knew.

"Different? How so?"

"I dunno, just.. She's a bit up there." Luhan looked away oddly.

"Dasom--" I repeated softly.

"Huh?" he asked

I shook my head. "Nothing.. It's just.. I think I saw her this morning."

"Oh, her morning runs. She does that all the time. That's the kind of dedication you need in this school, but I think you'll be fine," he assured me.

"After all," he added, "You got me." He winked playfully and put on an apron.

He began to prepare breakfast as he described campus life. 

"The school's pretty small, so in a few weeks you'll know most people and everyone will know you. There are some pretty intimidating people here, but just mind your own business and they'll leave you alone." He stirred some honey into his tea. London style.

"Oh no! How will I cope!" I asked dramatically, laughing. 

Luhan laughed as he handed me a tray of tea and honey.

"We'll see. Why don't you follow me in my classes today?"

***

Luhan's POV

After Baro and I got ready, we headed towards my first class, Grammar.

"Grammar's basically just like English is Korea, but more... British? Our professor is really lenient, especially for exchange students like us."

"Us?" he asked.

"Yep, I'm as foreign as you, although I've been here longer. I have this class with a Korean friend so you should meet him and maybe we can all get some coffee or something."

He smiled and shrugged. 

"Maybe."

It was still early when we got to class. Students were beginning to file in the classroom, but it was still relatively empty. I felt the girls stare at us. Of course, that was nothing special. Baro did have a charismatic feel about him. Sweet, but just cool enough to be out of reach of the girls. 

He plopped himself down in the front center of the room. I chuckled. Of course. 

 

It was then I realized that Baro was a really cool guy, an extrovert. Unlike me. It isn't that people don't like me. Too many girls have swooned over me, but that's not what I want. I want someone who will stay with me through thick and thin. Unfortunately, there's a major deficiency of those people at Benedict. 

I took a seat next to him. Our teacher wasn't here yet. Just then, Kris walked in. 

To describe Kris, how to describe Kris. 

Kris is startlingly handsome, even coming from a guy like me. He dresses sharp, sings and dances well, and is the biggest player if I've ever seen one. 

"Hello, Luhan. Who is this pretty boy, here?" He smiled charmingly, dropping his stuff down at a seat in front of us.

"Now now Kris, you can't flirt with Baro, here. You've got a girlfriend, at least for now." I smirked as Baro noted our exchange with suspicion, evidently misinterpretting our conversation. 

"Relax, we're just kidding. Baro, this is the friend I was talking about. The one that speaks Korean? His name is--"

"AHEM, if you'll excuse me, dear Luhan, I'd like to do my own introducing. Hello, my name is Kris Wu Yifan! I'm a senior at Benedict and I'll be a much better guide around here than Luhan. He practically hides from girls." I punched him playfully as he lowered his voice to a whisper, "He doesn't know how to get 'em, seriously." He rolled his eyes in mock shame. 

I shushed him and scolded him to turn around. Just as he did, our professor walked in and began our lecture. 

***

A/N: Hello~~

SO the first few chapters may be a bit slow paced since I'm introducing the characters, but I promise some action soon

Ahh already 4 subscribers~ so exciting!!

To new readers, please subscribe and comment dont be shyy I like criticism too

anywaysss i still haven't gotten a poster silly meee but i promise one soon,kay?

Thanks all~~