3

The Summer Getaway

It was almost afternoon when they've arrived at Nana's house. The raven haired girl helped her to carry her bags and luggages. She was greeted by Nana's mom with a hug, as they placed her stuff inside Nana's room. As soon as she stepped in, she felt so nostalgic for being there after years staying in a foreign country, it had been so long when she came to her friend's house.

"Welcome back, Lizzy! I bet this kid was late to pick you up?" The blonde beamed and shook her head as she denied her daughter's tardiness.

They went for a little chit-chat while the raven head sat on the stairs as she listened to them. She smiled to herself after all the rejection she gave her little friend, it was all worth it after all. She might have a weird kind of thinking, but that's why she was so unique from the other girls. She went back to her room and waited for the blonde to come. Nana sat on the floor next to the little table which was place in the middle of the room. She grabbed her drumsticks on her bed, then she started hitting the old magazines that she had been pretending her drums whenever she was bored. 

Lizzy opened the door, she could hear her playing even though she was on the stairs. She knew the tall girl's love for music just never dies. She was the same, but because of the amount of work at the university, she couldn't really play her bass whenever she wanted to. Lizzy roamed her eyes around the room, it brought all the memories back to her. Seeing the pictures attached to the wall were really nostalgic to her. She just wish that she could go back time and fought back to stay here. She could've graduated with the others also, and attended the same university as them. She was envious to every one of them, to be able to play like they used to, and write songs with her heart's content.

"Lizzy, come over here," there she was again with her signature grin plastered on her face. The blonde thought, something just never changed.

She felt that, she was in high school again. She sat beside her and she saw the bass in the corner of her eye, the bass guitar was in the corner of her room. The important thing before she left was still there and it looked very clean. It seems that her friend was looking after her bass after her long absence.

"Do you want to visit our old high school? Those three don't have any plans for today, like the old days." Nana suggested and without a hesitation she agreed with her friend.

 

They visited their old high school, both of them asked for the key of the band room. Lizzy met her old high school teachers and she was glad that they still remember her. Their other band members were on their way, as they waited for them in the third floor. Lizzy misses this band room, the drum set was still there near at the entrace just to their left when they entered the room. The table they always gather was still in its place all the way back of the room. The white board to her right which Nana always scribbled all the time was there also. Across the drum set and across the white board was the sofa where Nana's favourite spot to rest wasn't moved at all. Everything about that place was really sentimental to her. Nothing really had changed, it stayed the same.

Nana immediately sat in front of the drums and play some simple rythm like she always do. Lizzy the case of her bass then went straight towards the amps which were sitting on the floor next to the drums. She quickly the amp, and plugged the cables to play along with her. It was really back in the old days, she thought to herself. They always jammed just the two of them when didn't have more members yet; only the two of them. And when they were practicing how to use those instruments.

 

"We're back just only the two of us again as soon we've started high school." Nana slumped back on the couch.

"Well, it can't be helped we need to make a good poster for this club, president!" Nana threw her hand up which an indication of some sort of weird ideas again. Lizzy wondered what could it be this time?

"We better ask, Jung ah seosaengnim!" Only hearing her name made her cringe.

She saw that knowing smile on the raven haired girl's face. She had the feeling that she would be force onto something again, an hour later.

 

"Don't you think this will attract some students to join your club?" Jung ah had this sparkling eyes while she eyed at her student, Lizzy.

The brunette was literally hiding herself behind the white board. Her face was flushed and didn't dare to reveal herself up after she was forced to wear a nurse's outfit.

"You are so right! Jung ah-chan! It is brilliant of me asking you to help us." Lizzy felt punching the raven's head at that time but chose to stay behind the white board.

"Idiot! Make some good poster before forcing me into something embarrassing and ridiculous! Don't forget this is an all girls' school!" Lizzy reminded her.

They weren't attracting guys at all, and she didn't think that wouldn't work by her wearing that outfit. She just wasn't used to wear short dresses and prefered skinny jeans than those cute outfits. Her teacher, Jung ah, was some kind of freak when it comes to dresses and revealing outfits. Lizzy was one of her poor experiment whenever she had new clothes done. She didn't think her freshmen years would be a hell of  a problem.

"Ne, ne, it looks good on you, Lizzy ssi. " She grinned all the way up to her ears. She really hated the teasing she always get from her everytime. Like she never got tired of her teasing and enjoying every bits of it whenever she saw her embarrased. That's just the Nana she knows and hates it.

"I put all my energy working on that and at least praise me for making that lovely dress." Lizzy couldn't believe that she had a teacher like her. Now, she thought that if there were still normal teachers lingering around this school to save her from this nightmare.

A little later, Seohyun, one of the student council entered the band room, as she fixed her glasses. She held papers in her hands and entered the room.

"Nana ssi, did you hand out the form? I guess you forgot it?"

The raven haired girl, smacked her fore head playfully and laughed for her forgetfulness.

"Yeah, you are right?" The student council president, sighed as well both of Jung ah and Lizzy.

"Being the president of this club, please organize all the things that you need. If you weren't my frien-"

"Ne, ne, I'm so sorry, Soehyun." Nana only scratched her head then suddenly Seohyun noticed someone hiding behind the board.

"Who's that hiding over there?"

"Don't come here!" Lizzy half yelled. Inspite of saying that, Seohyun didn't listen to her and she saw her in a nurse's outfit.

"Why are you hiding there? You look good in it."

"Yah! I can't stay like this for another hours!" The brunette crouched as she hugged her knees and her head lowered.

"I'm not lying, Lizzy." Then Seohyun remembered something, "Before I forget, Nana you only have a week to find new members. If you didn't get to find new members, we didn't have choice, but to close this club."

"I know, I know, that's why I have my own strategies."

"Your weird methods!" Lizzyretorted 

"No, she is brilliant!" Jung ah corrected. Lizzy groaned in irritation and Seohyun only giggled at her.

 

Lizzy's thoughts were interrupted when the door cracked open, to see her old friends back in high school. Eyoung, the lead guitarist, Kaeun, on keyboards, and Uee, on the rythm guitar.

It was a reunion for them and being united after of long separation. All of them enjoyed the remaining hours of playing and chatting of their old days. Until, the sun came to set and all of them headed back home. Playing the songs that they made and performed in the festival and in the school ceremony. The songs that were related of moving up in life and hardships that they had gone through.

The next day, Lizzy went to visit her parents' house and stayed for a day or two. While on her stay at her parents' house just only somewhere in Seoul. She came up with a good idea and she couldn't wait to go back at Nana's place.


Chapter 3 is done! I uploaded two chapters this week LOL! I didn't want to forget this idea and let it stray in my head haha. Will be back to fix loads of errors when I get time again! Thanks for the comments and subs for giving this fic a shot, thank you! Don't you think it's kind of similar to any of those shows out there? xD