Bambam

Therianthropes

Bambam: Ailus?

"Appa, where are you going?," I asked, "you can't leave me all alone. Not with them." My father sighed, and he only does that when something is wrong. "Listen to me," He said when he grabbed my thin arms, I was just seven years old that time, "appa will be back. I will come back for you, don't worry. I just had things to do." Even though I don't understand what's happening, there's one thing on my mind that keeps being asked: Why did he bring me to Korea and left me there? Why can't he just leave me in our home country?

He brought me to this place, sort of a mansion. He talked to the owners, for all I know, and spoke a language that I don't understand. I know they've argued for several hours due to their shouting and the looks on their face. I was hoping if ever my father is asking these people to keep me for now, they'd say no. It broke my heart that they said yes, and after that, my father just left without saying where he was going.

The people who adopted me made me learn the language, Korean, they also made me learn a lot of things that aren't taught in school. For some reason, they never sent me to school. I asked them why, and all they said is: "It is not yet time.". I had no idea, until I turned fifteen, where everything became clear.

"Freak! You're the only kid who does that. You don't belong here." Those are the words I always heard before we came to Korea. As I was growing up I was experiencing things that I know, not a single normal person is going through.I wanted to tell this to the people who raised me, but I kept it all. Turns out they know it too,they told me I'm one of them.

"It is time, for you are at the right age. You must follow each order that the trainer will give you." I stared at them, like I didn't understand a word they said. ".. order?," I stepped back, "..trainer? What do you mean? I- I don't understand." They just gave me a smile, and took me to a lonely place full of cats. I looked at each of them, and I felt that these aren't just normal cats. "Bring him here." Did the cat just talk? They escorted me to the most beautiful feline I've ever seen. If I didn't know better I'd think it's a girl.

"Bow down, he is the king of our kind." My so-called 'aunt' and 'uncle' forced me to bow down, because I didn't want to bow down to anyone. When we stood up, the feline was replaced with a skinny guy with skin as white as milk. He had a very manly atmosphere, although his face was very beautiful

"Hello, Bambam. Welcome, don't worry too much," he said while smiling down at me from his throne, "we will take good care of you." I smiled, as his presence was really comforting. I really liked the king, so much that it makes me want to do anything what he says, until last week. 

 


 

"..and? What happened last week?" Jackson asked the boy, Bambam, eagerly. "They wanted me to kill someone, because they told me that's the only way I'm ever going to be part of them." All of them didn't looked surprised at all, which made Bambam think. "It's the reason why I ran away from them. I thought it would be my end, but I managed to get away."

"I know what I'm sayig right now isn't believable. But it's the truth." Jaebum stood up and patted Bambam's shoulder. "I believe you. We do." Bambam looked up at the leader, "What do you mean?" Jinyoung held Jaebum's shoulder, saying that he shouldn't be saying anything to the guest. "Bambam, I know a lot about ailuranthropes," Jaebum said while thinking of a way on how to not reveal what they really are, "they're could've been the worst things I know in my life.". Jackson haven't heard of the word, so he asked what those are. "Ailuranthropes, or 'ailus' are werecats. It's like werewolves, but they're cats." Jaebum nodded. Bambam noticed that after he said that, the tall guy, Yugyeom, moved away from him."But how?" Bambam asked, "How did you-" Yugyeom cut Bambam off with a bang on the wall. "Jaebum hyung, you have to let him go. You can't let him stay here." Bambam was so offended that he could literally cry. "Yugyeom!" Jackson shouted when he sat next to Bambam, "you didn't have to be so mean on him." Yugyeom walked out of the room, and Jinyoung followed. "We're terribly sorry for Yugyeom's behaviour, he's a really nice guy. It's just that he's going through some things.."

"Yugyeom," called Jaebum as he stood nearby the staircase. "come here." Yugyeom stood up from the couch and walked towards his hyung. "Let's go up and talk, then we'll sleep." Yugyeom didn't want to, but he had no choice. There is no way he can disobey the leader unless necessary. "Jinyoung-ssi, let's go too." Mark said as he took Jinyoung's hands and went upstairs together. "Youngjae-yah, stay with Bambam and Jackson until morning. Rest, okay?" Jaebum told Youngjae before heading upstairs with Yugyeom.

 


 

"Hyung you know why I feel uncomfortable with him around." Yugyeom said. They were in Jaebum's room, and Jaebum is serious about whatever they're going to talk about. "I know, but you also know that he isn't capable of hurting anyone. You know by his story." Yugyeom nodded, but he still felt uneasy. "I just feel like having a werecat with us isn't really.. nice." Jaebum laughed and hugged Yugyeom. "You also know we're stronger than them, right?" Yugyeom slyly smiled. "Now go to sleep. Sweet dreams Gyeom, don't kill Bambam." Yugyeom laughed as he walked to his room.

Jaebum tried to sleep, but he can't get his mind off of what happened today. He looked outside his window, searching for werecats. He just can't sleep through the fact that his friends are in danger.

 

"Mark hyung!" Jinyoung said as he tried to free himself from Mark's embrace. "I can't breathe." Mark released Jinyoung as they laid on their bed. "I'm sorry. I just don't want to let you go, the fact that you went away without me." Jinyoung smiled and hugged Mark. "You are such a cute hyung. Are Americans always like this?" Mark laughed. "Yes, so don't even think about disappearing again." Jinyoung was hugged by his precious hyung as they slept through the night.

 


 

"Jackson hyung, let me sleep, let Bambam sleep." Youngjae whined as he covered his ears with pillows. "Go to sleep Youngjae, I'm not done with Bambam." Bambam blushed with that statement, he doesn't know if it's a good or a bad thing. "So you mean you're a cat? What type of cat?" Bambam laughed at Jackson's curiosity. "Well, technically I am a cat, but I don't know what kind." Jackson shifted his whole body towards Bambam as they laid beside each other on the bed. Youngjae was on a sofa, yes. "Why? Haven't you tried.. uhm, transforming?" Bambam is flattered with Jackson's interest. "Well.." Bambam shifted his whole body towards Jackson so that they will be facing each other. "..I don't know how." Jackson was caught off guard with the closeness of his and Bambam's face. "Oh, well then I'll just sleep." He quickly turned his body to the opposite side, which made Bambam laugh. "Good night."

 






 

- comments/thoughts appreciated and acknowledged-