Mark

Therianthropes

Mark: Not So Happy Birthday

"Mark hyung," Jinyoung called, "I'm hungry." Jinyoung pouted as he hugged Mark from behind. "Bug me later, I'm playing." Jinyoung watched Mark play Tekken. "You're winning." Mark just smiled. The two always acted like they're lovers, but everybody knows they're just so close to each other that they can't be separated.

"Jinyoung! Aren't you going to help me?" Jaebum shouted from the kitchen. "I'm too hungry to stand up!" Jinyoung shouted back. "Do you know where the others are?" Mark asked, eyes never leaving the game. "I don't know," Jinyoung reached for his phone and checked his messages, "they haven't messaged me yet." Jinyoung pouted as he sat beside Mark, patting his hungry stomach.

Ding dong!

Mark smiled, he paused the game and got up to open the door. "Happy Birthday hyung!" His three friends said as soon as they saw each other. "Thanks," Mark laughed, "come in."

The three guys placed their gifts and bags down beside the couch. "Hyung can I play?" Yugyeom, the youngest, sat where Mark sat before he got up. "Sure." Mark smiled. Jackson joined Yugyeom, while Youngjae helped Jaebum. Jinyoung got up and went to the kitchen, his stomach can't take its emptiness anymore. "Almost done?" Mark asked Jaebum and Youngjae as he slid his hand on Jinyoung's waist. "Almost done, don't worry." Jaebum smiled at them. "Appa I'm hungry!" Shouted Yugyeom cutely, "Almost done!" Jaebum shouted back.

Jaebum is considered the appa and leader of their group as he is more knowledgable and he is older, aside from Mark being the eldest. Jinyoung is the eomma of their group because well, he is like a mother. They call each other names not just for fun, but something else that they can't reveal to anyone else.

Jaebum placed the pasta, the chicken, and other more foods that he prepared for Mark's birthday with the little help of Youngjae on the table. "Finally," Jinyoung said, "finally hyung." All of them sat on the table, ready to eat.

While they were eating, they heard a loud, banging noise outside. It was late at night and everybody tensed up, but Jaebum told them to calm down. He will check whatever there is outside so they don't need to worry. "Be careful, hyung." Jackson said. Because their house is in the middle of a beautiful yet creepy forest, everybody is still nervous as to what it could've been.

After several minutes, Jaebum still hasn't returned. Jackson stood up and told them he'd check on their leader, but Jinyoung stopped him and told them he'd go instead. "I'll go check. Wait here."

 


 

Jaebum grabbed a piece of wood near him as he stepped outside. "Who's there?," Jaebum called as he slowly walked around the area, looking for someone, or something that could've made the noise. "come out, I'm warning you." When Jaebum reached their small warehouse, he heard small pieces of wood stored inside falling down. His heart started to pump fast and sweat dripped from his forehead. But nevertheless, he still opened the wooden door. What he saw made him relieved but also scared. He hurried inside as he dropped the piece of wood he's holding.

 

"Jaebum? Jaebum! Where are you?" Jinyoung called with a flashlight on his hand, searching the possible areas where Jaebum could've went. He was getting impatient that he thought Jaebum might have gone into the woods in the middle of the night. He thought about it twice, and soon he found himself wandering through the forest, calling Jaebum's name again and again.

 


 

"What's taking so long? I'm going." Jackson said as he stood up from his seat, he can't wait for them no more. "But they said to just wait. Hyung stay here." Yugyeom convinced him as best as he can. "Yugyeom, you guys wait here. Nobody's stopping me. You know me. I'll be back." Yugyeom sighed as he knew Jackson was right. He just hoped the three of his hyungs will be back altogether. 

 

Jackson ran around the area, and found their warehouse door open. He went there as quickly as he can and found his hyung trying to lift something. "Hyung?," Jackson said as he walked towards him. "is that you?" Jaebum heard Jackson and quickly asked for his help. Both of them lifted the huge heavy wood on top of something, or someone. When they got it off, Jackson was shocked. Jaebum quickly helped the poor thing up and headed to the house. Jackson got back to his senses and followed Jaebum. "Where's Jinyoung hyung?" Jackson asked, worried that he saw no sign of Jinyoung anywhere. "What? Isn't he with you?" As soon as Jaebum said that, Jackson got nervous and frightened. "He.. he went out to get you earlier." Jaebum cursed, but first he took the poor thing inside their house. When he laid the injured thing on the bed in their guest room downstairs, he quickly called for Youngjae. He was supposed to call Jinyoung, but he remembered the guy isn't present. 

"Hyung?" Youngjae hurriedly came in the room. "Treat him quickly. Feed him, take care of him. Don't let him leave this house no matter what. I'm going to get Jinyoung." Youngjae didn't ask but did everything Jaebum said as quickly as he can. He took the first aid kit, Yugyeom helped bringing food in. 

 

"Where's Jinyoung?," Mark asked as he stopped Jaebum from going outside. "where is he?" He demanded an answer, but Jaebum gave him none. "I.. don't know. I'm going to look for him. Stay here." Mark was in shock, but he was so worried he could care less on what he's feeling. "I'm coming with you." Jaebum held his head because of frustration, but asked Mark calmly to stay. "I need you here. They need you here. You're the eldest, stay." Mark sighed, but understood what Jaebum meant. "How do I know you're both safe?" Mark asked. "Jackson will know whether we're safe or not, and if it comes to the point where he can't tell where I am, you need to send out Jackson and Youngjae. Whatever happens, stay with Yugyeom and the injured thing." Mark isn't sure what's happening, but he'll do as what the leader told him.

"Can't we just look for him in the morning?" Jackson asked. "No, we can't. We need to find him as soon as we can. Seeing what happened to that poor thing makes it clear that there's something out there right now." Jackson nodded and told Jaebum to be careful. Soon, Jaebum was out into the woods.

 


 

Jinyoung was still walking through the woods with his flashlight shining on the trees and grasses he passes. "Where could that guy be?," Jinyoung thought, "he's going to be in serious trouble later.". Just as he decided to go back, the flashlight he has started to flicker. "What the.." He managed to say while tapping his flashlight, trying to revive the light. The light successfully died, and he felt something fast move behind him. He crouched and hid by a nearby bush, looking around. 

 

"Jinyoung? Jinyoung!," Jaebum whispered loudly, eager to find his partner. "Jinyoung if you don't appear in front of me right now I am seriously going to kill you." Jaebum whispered again, flashing his light here and there. He heard the bushes move behind him and quickly turned to see if it was Jinyoung. "Jinyoung?" He whispered as he got closer to the bush. Just then another bush moved on the other side. Quickly he turned his flashlight off and got closer to the ground. Something tells him the moving bushes aren't done by Jinyoung. Just then something or someone grabbed him and covered his mouth from behind.

 


 

"Hyung," Yugyeom said in a very low voice, "do you think they're alright?" Mark faked a smile to reassure the youngest that everything's going to be just fine. "I'm sure they are. They're our appa and eomma. They know what they're doing." Although he himself is driving himself crazy from thinking whether Jinyoung is safe or not, he tried to be the best hyung in front of his dongsaengs. "Jackson, can you still sense Jaebum?" Jackson nodded as he was staring outside their window, looking if someone is coming. "Do you think he found Jinyoung?" Mark asked. "I.. I don't know. The connection's getting weak after ever minute, like there's something interrupting it in between me and Jaebum hyung." Mark tried to calm himself as best as he can, but apparently he failed. 

"Is everything okay?" Youngjae asked the two boys when he walked out of the guest room. "Yes, don't worry," Mark assured him, "is he awake?" Youngjae shook his head. "He's resting, and it's best to just let him." Mark nodded and Youngjae went back inside the guest room to check on the unexpected visitor.

 


 

"J.. Jinyoung?" Jaebum said as he freed himself violently from the hands that captured him. "Shh.. they'll hear you." Jaebum looked around and went closer to Jinyoung. "Why did you leave? I told you to stay!" He whispered angrily. "Where did you go? You're dead," Jinyoung whispered back, "but first let get out of here." Jaebum agreed. First they looked around if anyone was there, and when the coast is clear, they both ran back to the cabin as fast as they can.

 


 

"Jinyoung!" Mark said as he hugged Jinyoung so tight when the two came in. "Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" Mark asked, checking each and every body part Jinyoung has. "I'm okay. I'm not hurt, don't worry." Jinyoung smiled as he hugged Mark back. "I swear, this could be the worst birthday I've ever gotten. Don't ever leave without me, or I'll kill you myself." Jinyoung just laughed at what Mark said, but now he's relieved that everything's okay. "Hyung, what's wrong?" Jackson asked Jaebum, who's obviously terrified. "Where are they?" Jackson pointed to the guest room. "I'll tell you guys later when I have you all with me." Jackson definitely know something's wrong, but he knew its best to just wait.

 

"Hyung!," Youngjae called hurriedly as he showed up in front of his hyungs, gesturing them to come with him. "he's awake." They went in and saw the boy, resting on the bed, and moving his head sideways like he's having a bad dream. When he opened his eyes, he saw six pairs of eyes looking straight back at him. "Who are you?" Jaebum asked. "I.." the boy sat up slowly, enduring the pain, ".. my name is Bambam."

 






 

- comments/thoughts appreciated and acknowledged -

:) 감사해요 (: