Yugyeom

Therianthropes

Yugyeom: Long Lost Brother

 

"..hyung? Can I call you hyung?" Jaebum turned and saw Bambam standing on the kitchen entrance, looking at him. "..of course." Bambam smiled and went to sit on the dining table, looking at what Jaebum was cooking. "What are you making, hyung?" Jaebum smiled and proudly showed Bambam his delicious-looking fried rice. "Wa~ it smells really nice," Bambam sniffed and held his tummy. ".. I'm getting hungry." Jaebum laughed. "But why are you awake so early? Are you healed up?" Bambam checked his body, and saw no signs of wounds or pain. "I feel perfectly fine, thanks to you." Jaebum removed the pot from the stove and turned it off. He wiped his hands quickly and checked the areas where Bambam had serious injuries just a few hours ago. "..impossible." Jaebum's amazed and confused face made Bambam curious. "What? What is it hyung?" Jaebum couldn't say anything, he's too dazed. Just then, Jinyoung showed up at the back, pouting and rubbing his eyes. 

"Jinyoung-ssi, come here."

Jinyoung smiled with amazement. "Bambam, we aren't expecting you to heal in just less than 12 hours, or even 48 hours. Normal werecats usually heal in about two days.. but you.." Jinyoung patted Bambam's shoulder. "You're different. Maybe that's why they won't let you go?" Bambam got even confused. "What? I don't understand what you're saying. I mean, yes I'm different, the fact that I don't want to be like them." Jaebum shook his head. "Not that kind of different. We mean, you're too powerful to be a normal werecat." 

 

After everyone finished eating breakfast, they were all gathered up by Jaebum in the living room. Bambam's beside Jaebum, Jinyoung is in the middle of Jackson and Mark, Yugyeom is on his own sofa, and Youngjae sat on the floor. 

 

"What do you mean Bambam could be a half werecat? What's his other half then?" The ever curious Jackson asked. "..we don't know. Bambam doesn't know himself." Jaebum said. "I grew up with just a father. I've never seen my mom, nor a picture. So.. I don't know." They all nodded and understood. "Did you try asking?" Yugyeom suddenly said. They were all shocked, because for all they know Yugyeom would do anything just to stay away from Bambam. "I.. did. But.." Bambam lowered his head, "my father always changes the topic whenever I, or him, mentions mom. I don't know why." Yugyeom looked disappointed, but he's not giving up. "So you never got the chance to talk about it?" Bambam tried to remember something. "Well.. once I really wanted to know what happened to mom, he was angry, but I was crying. I guess he can't afford to see me crying? Because he talked to me about it." Bambam saw that Yugyeom got interested. ".. he said that I wouldn't understand, but he said mom has to go, because if she doesn't the king and the rest of our kind will get mad. I asked him why don't we just go to her? We can say that we're going on a vacation." Everybody was anticipating to his story, which made him feel welcomed. "He said we can't go to mom, not anymore. I didn't understand that at first, but now when I think of it, I figured she's dead." Jaebum hugged Bambam in a friendly way. "Do you know why?" Bambam shook his head. "My father said something about my mom's family finding out the love she has with my father. I don't know. Is it bad to love someone?" Bambam said, almost in tears. "..I miss them. Although I don't know what type of person my mom is, I still wish she was here." Jackson went to the crying Bambam and hugged him. "It's okay.. don't cry." Bambam hugged Jackson back and thanked him.

 

"You're half werewolf." Everybody turned to Yugyeom. "Me?" Bambam asked and Yugyeom nodded. "How.. did you know?" Bambam asked. "Well, when I was little, let's say something happened."

 


 

"Appa? Appa what happened?" 5 year old Yugyeom asked, everything around their house seems too messed up to not care. "Yugyeom-ah, it's none of your business. Appa will handle it." Yugyeom's father carried Yugyeom to his room and kissed his forehead. "I'll be back, okay?" Yugyeom waited for 5 minutes, but he's impatient. He went out of his room and peeked from the stairs to the first floor. He saw his mother, getting beaten up by his father's family. He wanted to go down and stop them from doing so, but their loyal and kind servant asked Yugyeom to just watch. 

"Where's Yugyeom?" He heard his mother say, trying to hold back the tears and pain she's feeling right now. God knows how much Yugyeom wanted to scream he's there and to run to his mother. Eventually Yugyeom's mother saw him and asked him to come down. Yugeom cried and slowly went down the stairs, but he was held back by their servant with the order of his father.                                                                          

"Make him come to me, don't take him away from me!" Yugyeom's father ordered their servant to take Yugyeom away so he wouldn't see the view. "Because I love my child, I won't let him come to you. You don't deserve to be called his mother, neither my wife. You will regret what you did in hell."                                                                                                                                                                                                          

"You can't do this to me! I gave birth to the child, let him come to me! We all know he wants to be with me more than you!" The father got pissed and slapped her in the face hard. Yugyeom didn't know what was happening as he was in his room, crying and hoping everything would end.                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

"Take her away!" Little Yugyeom got alarmed when he heard his grandfather shout those words. He became so uneasy he banged on his door with all his strength, and causing his wall to fall. His father looked at Yugyeom who's running towards him with a very swollen face from crying, but also mad.

"Where's eomma? TELL ME!" His father can't believe their sweet Yugyeom could be like this. He didn't know Yugyeom could radiate such power in such a young age. His father went on his knees and cupped his angry son's face. "She left us, you shouldn't be looking for her. She never thought about us when she decided to cheat on us, so why should we?"  Yugyeom removed his father's hands with anger. He walked towards their open front door and said, "because she's part of our family." Yugyeom was about to walk out and find his mom, but he felt something that made him stop his steps. He looked back to his father with an angry, 'can't-believe-face'.

"You.. what happened to her? What happened to my eomma!" Yugyeom sat on the floor, crying. "Shh, she left us. I know you may have felt something right now, but I felt it too. It doesn't worry me. I will take care of you." Yugyeom's father carried his son and comforted him as best as he can.

 


 

".. I haven't figured out they killed her until I was ten. I was mad then, but I was too sad that day. My grandparents received an unfair death, I think they really planned to tell me that day so I wouldn't rant to my father." Everyone in the room was shocked, neither one of them knew about this. "So why did you say Bambam was half?" Yugyeom rolled his eyes. "Jaebum hyung, I'm saying he's half because his mother was my mother." Everyone gasped, even Bambam. "Wha.. what? Are you sure?" Bambam asked, moving closer to Yugyeom. "I'm sure."

"How are you so sure?" Jackson asked. 

"That was the first and last time something like that happened, and Bambam has unbelievable power. Plus if my mother cheated on us with another werewolf, he wouldn't kill her but he would kill the other man. This is different, and Bambam said that his father already told him that the rest of their kind would get mad, means she's not one of them." Everybody was amazed with Yugyeom's speech. They all had their mouths open. "Yah Yugyeom-ah, when did you become so smart?" Yugyeom hissed at Youngjae and focused on his Jaebum hyung. "I'm just saying, it's not really a big deal for me. But I know for you all it is." 

"Bambam, I know you feel like poop right now, but it'll all go away." Jaebum told Bambam, who's on the front porch looking through the skies. "Don't worry, hyung. I don't feel like poop right now. I just.. can't believe Yugyeom's my half brother." Jaebum laughed and patted his shoulders. "Well it is what it is, but I'm already saying this to you. Don't get too attached to him, because you may be his brother, but he doesn't acknowledge it. Neither will his family." Bambam nodded. "I understand but.. I still want my family to get along with his. It may be hard, but it's not impossible.. right hyung?" Jaebum shook his head. "Aren't you so young. You don't know things around you yet.. you've been kept inside a box for too long. But.. what you're saying is not impossible. It's just close to impossible." Bambam laughed and nodded.

 


 

"Hyung! hyung!" Youngjae ran towards Jaebum, almost out of breath. "What is it?" Youngjae pointed outside and looked at all of his friends. "Yu.. Yugyeom's father is coming this way." Yugyeom stood up and looked through the windows. "What? Why?" Youngjae didn't know. Jaebum quickly grabbed Bambam and headed to the back door. "You have to go a little away from here for a while, Yugyeom's father cannot see you." Bambam was sad.. and scared. There is no way he's going back out there in the woods all by himself. "Don't worry, you won't be alone," Bambam was shocked. 'did he really just read my mind?'. ".. and I don't read minds." Bambam didn't know what to say. "Jackson! Come here." Jackson went quickly to the two guys on the back door. "Take Bambam with you to the farthest cave you think that won't let Mr. Kim smell him." Jackson nodded and held Bambam's hand, which made the little boy look at him weirdly. "I don't know why you picked me, hyung. I wouldn't do this if it wasn't ordered by you because I know I could die from hiding this cat." Jaebum laughed. "Because I trust you. Now go, quickly. Before they even sense him here." With that the other two dashed away from the cabin.

 


 

"Appa!.. what are you doing here?" The boys were on a line up, greeting Yugyeom's father. "I came to visit you guys! I missed having you boys at home." They all smiled and thanked Mr. Kim. "..but where's Jackson?" Everybody became tensed but Jaebum quickly signaled for them to stay calm. "He just went out the woods for a walk, we didn't know you were coming. Sorry Mr. Kim." Mr. Kim smiled and patted Jaebum's shoulders. "It's okay.. but tell him to come back soon. I heard there are werecats lurking around the woods." Jaebum nodded. "Don't worry, I'll call him soon."

"We'll be leaving, but I suggest you guys to come back to our city right away." The boys nodded and they all bid farewell. Just before they got on their helicopter, Mr. Kim told two of his men to keep watch around the area and guard the boys, especially his son. "..I feel something around here that isn't right. Make sure they're safe, just don't get caught." Two of his men nodded and went around.

 


 

"This place is really nice, hyung." Bambam said as he sat inside the small cave, looking at the blue, glittering lake in front of them. "This is where I used to hide from everyone when I don't feel like doing dangerous things." Jackson said as he sat comfortably beside Bambam. "I wish all of us could go here one day!" Bambam said happily, "..even though we just met a few days ago, I feel like we're all friends since birth. I don't know why, but I feel like that." Jackson laughed and circled his protective arm around Bambam's shoulder. "Me too."

"Bambam, we must be very quiet when we're going back." Bambam looked at Jackson, confused. "Jaebum told me Mr. Kim sent out two of his men out, he said thathe ordered them to keep watch since he felt something wrong." Bambam nodded. "But how did he know?" Jackson sighed. "Well he can read minds. He keeps it from all of us, but I figured somehow." Bambam laughed. "I knew it! Aish, that sneaky hyung." They laughed happily but they heard something move not far from them. "Shh. Let's go. They don't need to see you out here with me, or we both die." Bambam nodded as he followed Jackson swiftly and quietly as he can. They were about to pass the nearest cave to their cabin until someone grabbed both of them.

 


 

"I can't hear Jackson's thoughts." Jaebum suddenly said, which made everyone nervous. "I sense him, he's nearby. But.. I can't hear his thoughts. Someone with a very strong aura is with him right now. Someone very, very, powerful." Jinyoung stood up and reached for the front door. "Jinyoung, it's better to just wait. I'd know if he's in trouble, but.. I can't seem to get any information right now. I'm nervous too, but remember, there are mens outside watching us. Don't be too obvious." Jinyoung nodded. "Promise me those two are safe." Jaebum nodded.

 






 

- comments/thoughts appreciated and acknowledged-

I apologize for all the incorrect words, the mispelled ones. I have no time to check them all (im lazy) ;~;