Charilove :Their Love.

Charilove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Money and children.

If you were given a choice, which one of those two will you chose? For her, that was absolutely a daughter. But to her parents, rather than having such a useless daughter like her, they prefer money. Money gives them happiness. Money gives them pleasure. They can live at ease. And that’s what hurt her. That’s what hurt her feelings that she move on by herself alone.

 

            “Yookyung-ah, I’ll go with the packing team first. Are you going to finish delivering the boxes or coming with me to the hall?” her only understandable friend, Shin Hyejeong asks. She shook her head. Not wanting to follow her. Gesturing her hand. Telling her to go first.

            This is what she loves to do. Charity works. Charity works for the poor street people that they gathered at one place. It gives her the feeling of having a real happy family. It gives her the chance to feel a love and affection from a mother and from a father. Although they’re just the people in trouble that she help.

            “Finish?” she asks the guy that passing the boxes full of foods and medicine. He smiles and nods. “I’ll go with the packing then,” she excuses herself.

            Jump out of the truck, she walks inside the hall. That was when she bumped into someone. She looks at the mask guy. Their eyes met. “Sorry,” was what the guy said before leaving. Her lips carve a smile behind her mask.

            She walks inside the hall to find her friend, Hyejeong’s figure. Spotting her by the corner, she fastened her pace towards her and taps Hyejeong on her shoulder. “Finish?” she asks the long hair girl. Hyejeong shook. “Need some help then?” she offers. Hyejeong nods.

            She immediately bend down and pick a box full of food before passing it to each families that were gathered in the hall. Finished her job, she took a sit by the corner. Taking off her mask, she drinks some water before Hyejeong came to her. “I’m going to the toilet,” Hyejeong said and leave after a nods from her.

            She looks around the hall and smile. She was happy that she gets to help those in needs. While wandering her eyes around, she spotted a familiar guy. The guy she was bumped into. She’s been thinking what did he do here? He clearly looks trouble with all the boxes and doesn’t seem to like the charity work. She wears back her mask, took a bottle of drink and walk to him.

            “You can take a rest first if you’re tired,” was what she said while passing the drink. He looks at her, frowning. “I can help with these,” she said and smile. Although he can’t see her smile, she smiles. He took the drink on her hand and nods. She looks at him when he took off his mask and gulps the drink in a go. I can see the reason why you look burden on this kind of job. You’re too handsome for that, she thought.

            She was about to lift the box when her phone rang. She put down the box on her hand and answers the call. It was Hyejeong. Asking where is her. “I’m going to help a little bit more. You can go back first,” she told her friend that agreed to her easily.

            “Do you like it?” she heard right after she hung up the call. She turns her look to her left. There was the burden guy standing while crossing his arm on his chest, asking her. She smiles again although she knows the outcome, nodding happily. “Why?”

            “Simple. I like it,” she answered him, shortly.

            “That’s not an answer,” he said. She lift the box that she put down earlier before turning back to the guy that sounded so arrogant to her by the way he speak with that manners.

            “No, it isn’t,” she said.

            “So, the real answer?” he asks.

            “Wait for me until I finish if you want to know badly,” she told him and left to finish her work.

 

            Finish her work so late, she took her bag and bid a goodbye to the families that will be staying a night at the hall before getting a proper place that were prepared by the charity association before leaving. Walking out of the hall, someone pull her arm. She turn back looking.

            “You…the girl who told me to wait, isn’t it?” he asks for confirmation. Because he only could see her face now since she’s wearing a mask all the time in the hall. He waits! Interesting, she thought. She smiles and nods. Pulling back her arm from his grip.

            “You should’ve said so if you were going to wait for real. I won’t be coming out late,” she told him. Smiling so sincerely.

            “You’re right. I should’ve told you. But you make me wait. So buy me drinks and snacks,” he said. Looking so cool, but wanting to eat snacks. What a funny guy! She thought that again.

            “Sure,” she said and walk by him towards the convenience store nearby.

            Finish buying everything that he wishes to eats, they walk to the park while eating ice cream. “So, tell me. Why would you like to do charity works? It’s tiring and hot. It’s boring too and smelly inside there. And you like it? Weirdo,” he asks when they’re coming nearer to the park.

            “But you do it too, right? Despite what you’re complaining,” she said, smirking.

            “I was forced. That is different,” he objects.

            “Because of their love and affection towards each other,” she answers while sitting down on a wooden bench. “Although they’re poor and lack of money, they never poor and lack of love. I don’t really like doing those charity works at first, I like and love being around them,” she said, smiling. “But now, I am more than love it doing this works,”

            “So sweet,” he smirks.

            “What about you?” she asks. Ignoring his smirk, that doesn’t effect on her at all.

            “What about me what?” he asks.

            “Why were you forced to do those works?” she asks. Sincerely, wants to know. For her, doing charities works is the most noble works she’s ever done in her whole life and she’s happy doing it. She doesn’t understand why people look down on poor people.

            “My parents told me to do so. They said I’m a spoiled brat who only knows how to spend money leisurely. So, I want to prove that they were wrong and I said I’ll do what they ask. But, since this is the last day, I’m relieved,” he told her everything. She chuckles. “Why did you laugh?” he asks.

            “Did you just told me everything?” she asks, laughing.

            “Yeah,” being dumbfounded, he said.

            “Anyway, I need to go now. It’s getting late at night. My parents will scold me for being so late. Goodbye and welcome for the drinks and snacks,” she said, chuckling while walking away to leave and waves her hand towards him.

            “Wait! What’s your name?” he shouts before she went further. She didn’t reply, instead smiling. “I’m Kai!” he shouts again, before she lost from his sight.

 

 

              Arriving home, the first thing she did was throwing her bag on her bed. She took off her dirty clothes that she wore all day long and throws them into basket before taking her towel that hanging on the rack to bath. Finish bathing, she put on her pajamas that she brought along with her into the bathroom before stepping out. Open the bathroom door, the only one she could see is her mother sitting on her makeup table chair, crossing her arm. She smiles to her before throwing the towel she just used into the same basket she throws her dirty clothes.

            “You want to ask where did I go today?” she asks before her mother could ask anything as she is immune to her parents question.

            “Well, that’s my second question,” her mother said, keeping her cold expression. “At least, for now,”

            “What is it, mama?” she asks while taking a sit on her bed with her leg crossing on each other and facing her mother. She’s tired but since her mother is going to say something else than just asking where she went today this late at night, so she assume as it’s important. Because if the question is the same question her mother going to ask, then it will be downstairs. She won’t bother to ask if Yookyung had gone to bed.

            “I’m not going to ask you anything, instead I’m going to say something,” her mother said and she hope it’s not something like an arrange marriage by her parent’s and their old friend.

            “What?” she asks.

            “Your papa and I have set up an arrange marriage for you with our friends when we were young. So, we decided to get you married within 3 months,” she sighs heavily. Darn it! I thought so, was what she thought. Her face darkened.

            “Do I know him?” she asks.

            “You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter