Trust

Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

☆★☆ Trust ☆★☆

 

Chen was pretty certain that all the other members had finally gone to bed. The living room was too quiet for anyone to still be awake, unless it was Suho or D.O. Those two were relatively quiet no matter what time of day it was. So he wasn’t expecting to see anyone when he stepped out to get a drink of water from the kitchen. He poured himself a glass in the dark. There was no reason to cut on the lights. He already knew where everything was even though he had been gone. After drinking down the last of the water in his cup, Chen sat it in the sink telling himself he would surely clean it in the morning. That was, if D.O hadn’t already cleaned it for him. Sometimes Chanyeol liked leaving his dirty clothes in Sehun’s basket and letting the maknae clean his clothes. Chen was the same way with dirty dishes and D.O.

 

Chen was smiling to himself on the thought as he turned to head back to his room. It was only then that he saw him. Chanyeol was stretched out on the living room couch. Upon closer inspection Chen noticed the tall boy was sound asleep. Right away Chen was unsure what he should do. No doubt the other members had just decided to leave him that way thinking he would eventually wake up and find his way to bed. But now, at almost two in the morning, Chen was pretty sure the tall boy wouldn’t be waking up on his own and if he didn’t go to bed he wouldn’t be well rested for another long day of schedules and practice. As a friend, Chen felt he should wake the tall boy, but on the other hand he felt a sense of awkwardness towards Chanyeol.

 

After what felt like a very long moment of silence, Chen finally decided he should wake Chanyeol. He leaned down slightly and gently placed his hand on the boy’s arm. It took a few strong shakes before his eyes slowly opened. Chanyeol’s heavy eyes looked up at Chen. For a moment he looked confused and lost but quickly dawning hit him and that puppy smile came to his face. Chen felt guilty seeing the younger’s reaction to seeing him. He felt horrible that the other was able to view him so genuinely happy. Chen wanted to be able to return those feelings.

“You should go to your bed and rest up. You shouldn’t be sleeping out here.” Chen said simply but it almost sounded like he was scolding his same-aged friend. Chanyeol only smiled at him as he came to a sit. Chen realized right away that the other wanted to talk to him when he noticed the tall boy’s eyes flicker with worry.

“You haven’t talked to me since you’ve been back. Are you mad at me?” Chanyeol asked, being blunt. Chen felt his heart sink feeling more sorry and guilty than ever. Instinctively he moved to sit down next to his friend. In one motion he wrapped his arm around him and smiled.

“I’m not mad at you.” He assured the boy. Chanyeol still looked unsure but he was smiling all the same.

“Are you mad at Baekhyun?” He asked. Chen had to bite at the inside of his lip. Mad wasn’t the right word. Maybe betrayed. Not mad. But of course he couldn’t tell that to Chanyeol.

“I’m not mad at him either.” Chen said in the same assuring voice.

“I hope not. I feel weird when you two aren’t together.” Chanyeol said and Chen could see a sort of tension in the other’s motions. Chanyeol must have noticed the vocal’s attention because he shifted slightly before speaking again. “I really tried looking after h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter