The Ballad of a Dying Man

A Collection of One-Shots Volume III
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  "Nurse Bae, I need a favor from you." the head nurse.    The young nurse looked at the woman frightened. She has never been in this sort of situation. In times of war young woman were needed to cure the wounded soldiers. Bae Suji in her twenty years of living hasn't seen so many wounded and dead people in her life.    "All I need you to do is hold his hand and talk to him. He is at his last hours." the head nurse explained to her. It wasn't uncommon for nurses to be the last people that spoke to the dying soldiers.    "But... What do I do?" Suji asked.    "Just keep him company, I know your shift will end soon. Just do it till he falls asleep." that was a better terminology then saying in till he passed away.    "Ok." Suji bowed to the woman. After she was told what room he was in, she head that way.    Suji took a deep breath. She wasn't prepared for this. Having to to be the confidant of a dying solider was harder than curing them. The nurses only did this when they knew that the person was going to die. Before opening the curtain she wanted to know his name. She looked at his chart, the name read Song Seunghyun.    Suji stepped into the room, Seunghyun was bandaged from the torso and his head. As she stepped in closer she noticed that he looked rather pale, sweaty, and his lips were chapped. She sat down on the chair that was provided. Suji took his sweaty hand in her. Her hand was so fragile compared to his strong ruff hand.    He slightly moved and grunted.  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter