Final

Would you be my Valentine?

14 February 2014. This is the day there couples will plan surprises and exchange presents to show their love for each other. Those who are still single would confess to their crush and admirers. Lucky ones will be accepted willingly while those unlucky ones will be rejected. However, there’s still a group of people who is still hesitant on whether to confess or not. One of them would be the boy in class 3-4, Oh Sehun.
It’s been a while since he has this crush on his senior, Xi Luhan. Well they’re from the same sport club, and having him as his captain just makes Sehun respects and admire him more. They would frequently have gatherings during lunch or dinner but Sehun would just find excuses to avoid them. Sehun's heart would start fluttering whenever he is around him. There’s once he even stuttered when Luhan offered him a ride back and ended up rejecting his offer. Luhan's smile often caught Sehun off guard that Sehun did not even realize he’s been staring at Luhan the whole time.


The whole of Sehun's time in class were mostly him thinking about how he would confess to Luhan later. He wasn’t even paying attention in class and couldn’t answer the questions his teacher asked him like he used to. After class, he immediately pack his bag and rush off to the hallway where the lockers are located knowing that Luhan would be there to keep his books. Sehun has a good feeling about it and is confident that Luhan is the one for him. He doesn’t want to hide his feeling for Luhan anymore and hopes that Luhan would feel the same towards him. He hid behind the pillar waiting for Luhan to walk up the hallway towards him. Luhan closed his locker and walked through the crowd towards the direction where Sehun is hiding. Sehun was about to get out from his hiding place when he saw Xiumin approaching Luhan which caused Sehun to step back.


Xiumin is Sehun's classmate and is Luhan's best friend. Though not close, Xiumin kept talking to Sehun about Luhan because they sit beside each other. Xiumin has the same feeling towards Luhan just like Sehun. He havent confessed yet despite the fact that they have been best friends for long. Sehun would just have to listen to Xiumin even though it breaks his heart. From his hiding place, he saw Xiumin putting his arm around Luhan's neck and giving him a box of chocolate. Sehun compared the box of chocolate to the cheap but fresh rose in his hands. 'Who wants a cheap flower?' Sehun thought as tears welled up in his eyes and threw the rose in the nearest bin. Not wanting to look at both of them any further, Sehun walked away. He has never been this heartbroken before. He felt like his heart has been shattered into pieces and his hopes have been crushed. He wiped away his tears using the sleeve of his uniform and made his way to the backyard.


People rarely go to the backyard but Sehun loves being there, away from the others. The quiet and peaceful place where only birds chirping could be heard. Flowers bloom as the sunlight shine on it causing it to emit a fragrant smell. Sehun sat on the bench, inhaling the fresh air trying his best to recollect back his mind from what has happened. However, no matter what he just couldn’t accept what has happened. He covered his face with his palms and started crying out loud. He decided to let his feelings out knowing that keeping it inside wouldn’t make himself feel better. Once he calm down, he stopped sobbing, his face still in his palms. He suddenly felt a breath at the crook of his neck. 'Is this for me?' the voice asked. Curious of whom it was, Sehun removed his hands from his face and turn to his shoulder to make out who it was. The sunlight shone into his eyes and he had to adjust to the brightness. He figured out the features of and realized it was Luhan who had bent down to his height and staring at him. His eyes widened and quickly wiped his tears to prevent Luhan from seeing it. Luhan straightened up and sat beside Sehun on the bench.
'How did you get that?' Sehun asked schocked that Luhan was holding the flower he had thrown in the bin.

'Oh this? I saw this little one at the bin and decided to pick it up and keep it. It’s still fresh' Luhan smiled.

'Have you had any idea who planted all this flowers?' Luhan asked. Sehun shook and lowered down his head.

 'I’m glad these flowers had given you comfort and a peace of mind. It helps you to release your stress doesn’t it?' Sehun smiled.

'I realized you’ve been coming here often. That is why i planted more flowers for you knowing that you like them. Well I love them too. These beautiful ones swaying side by side with the wind. They’re pretty aren’t they?'

 'Oh so you...were... the...'

 'Yep I was the one who planted these. Decided to make use of this backyard since people hardly use it' Luhan chuckled.

 'Sehun-ah, why have you been avoiding me?'

 Silence.

'Let me tell you something. This flower here is as pretty as those out there. Sadly, it hasn’t been taken care of really well. So that is why I took it from the bin and decided to take care of it. And the flower I’m referring to is... You, Sehun-ah'
 

Sehun looked up to face Luhan not believing what he just heard. His eyes glistened, in the sun, still wet from the tears just now.

 ‘Ive had been watching you from far. The feeling of you being with me is just perfect. I hope that you would feel the same. I saw you threw this in the bin and walked away crying. I knew instantly that i had to find you. I love you Sehun-ah. Do you accept my heart?' A wide smile plastered on Sehun's face. He didn’t expect this to happen. You can tell by his smile that his heart might be jumping for joy right now.

He suddenly gave Luhan a tight hug and mumbled 'Of course Luhan hyung. I love you too. Thank you for accepting me in your life.' Sehun pulled back immediately when he remembered about Xiumin.

'Then how about..?'

'Oh Xiumin? Ahahaha i just treat him not more than my best friend' Sehun heave a sigh of relief and gave Luhan a smile. Luhan stood up and offered his hands.

 'Would you like to go out and spend time with me today?' Sehun gave his eye smile and intertwined his fingers with Luhan's. Finally Sehun's wish came true and the wait for 2 years for him was not wasted at all. He is grateful to have a sweet and loving boyfriend like Luhan whom he would share his laughter and problems with. Valentine's Day ended perfectly for Sehun and it would be the day where he would remember forever.