Stares and Glances

Stares and Glances

     The cold breezes of December continued to blow, resulting to a so frigid beginning of a New Year. It's already January and winter holidays were over. For students, it wasn't a good sign for they had to go back to school again, facing heavy loads of tasks.

     Days passed by from the return to the school. Teachers were having continuous errands, students were having hard times looking for good outfits and facilitators were working on everything in double time. Almost everyone in Blackroad Academy were getting ready for the upcoming Juniors-Seniors Promenade or also known as JS Prom. Even the freshmen and the sophies were also involved, unfortunately shouldering partial of their teacher's work.

     Byun Baekhyun noticed it all. He's actually also one of the busy bodies that was in an uncertain area of emotion. He couldn't tell whether he's excited, bored, annoyed, nervous or whatever. He's a senior in the said academy which meant, it's already his last chance to be included in a high school promenade. Well, he's included since he's one of the busy bodies as mentioned earlier. What made him busy was something that he engaged just because of some sense of either responsibility or necessity.

     He felt he needed to join because of some kind of debt. His classmate, Taeyeon, was the main reason. Last year, they were linked together by their classmates who eventually happened to be the Hyunyeon shippers. It's also when their first prom took place in which Baekhyun forgot to invite Taeyeon to dance with him some good slow dance despite of his promise to do so. He was aware of Taeyeon's feelings for him but he just shut his mouth up since he wasn't in the place to take it to a higher level.

     "Guys? To those who will join the cotillion dance, just come to the school gym. We'll have our first practice there," announced by Baekhyun's classmate to the whole section in a messy classroom.

     Murmurs and whipers were heard afterwards. The whole room was filled with the buzzing sounds of the faint conversations and Baekhyun focused his ears in listening to different voices one after another. Most of what he heard was about the upcoming prom and the cotillion. The statements were like, "Will you join the prom?", "Do you already have a partner for cotillion?", "Who's your prom date?" and "What will you wear?"

     It let Baekhyun think of it. He's wondering if he would join the said cotillion dance. It would already be his second time if he would  join and it made Baekhyun consider the pros and cons. He mentally listed all the possibilities and grouped each of which into its corresponding group. There was the fact that he'd be able to see his friends in the juniors and the enjoyment he'd get from the dance. There were many more such as the excuses from classes that he would get from scheduled practices and the fact that he would need to stick to the color coding of the attire. The pros and cons weighed equal but one thing did something like "Ting!" in his head.

     "If the juniors will be there in the prom, that means he will probably be there, too," he thought to himself as he remembered something.

     With no more hesitation, he finally came up to the decision of joining the cotillion. It could be his way to impress that mentioned "he" and the only plausible way to receive even just a short word of compliment from him. He knew deep inside his heart that he longed for him, he longed for his attention. That's why... That's why he would be joining. It's his seems-so-simple attempt of sating the longing inside him.

     "Baekhyun! Will you join the cotillion?," asked by Baekhyun's bestfriend, Yoona, that just popped out while the boy was leaning against the wall outside the room.

     "I'm still thinking of it," he lied. "Why so? Are you joining?," he added.

     "Yep. Joonmyeon is my partner again."

     "Wait. Is his boyfriend okay with that?"

     "Of course. I already asked permission to Yixing and he's very okay with it. He said that itcs better since he couldn't afford to know that Joonmyeon was dancing with girls other than me."

     "Wow. What a good boyfriend he had there."

     "Yeah. He's so lucky. Well, so what now? Will you join or not? Taeyeon-unnie wants to join but doesn't have a partner yet. I know you know what I'm trying to say," Yoona said while sounding so convincing.

     "Uhhh..." Baek just mumbled.

     "Oh c'mon! You do have a debt with her, don't you? I know what happened last year. We both know that she's my sister figure, enabling me to be updated with what's new to her," she said in a louder volume. She just then winked with an evil grin.

     "Fine. Let me take care of it."

     "Good. Well, see ya on the gym. I'll just buy something at the canteen," she bade an informal goodbye and left with matching flipping of her hair as she turned back.

     Yoona disappeared from Baekhyun's sight. He just heaved a sigh and went back inside their classroom. He had no choice but to pay his debt. He wandered his eyes around the messy room and then he caught sight of the person he's gonna ask.

     "Uhmm... Taeyeon, do you already have a partner for the cotillion?" Baekhyun asked albeit he knew the answer already.

     "No," she shortly answered.

     "Well, will you be my partner for the cotillion?"

     "Huh? Are you really sure?" He doubted him with her eyebrows -fighting. It seemed that she's so shocked.

     "Yes. Of course," Baek simply answered.

     "As you say so," still in a doubtful tone she responded.

     "Well, let's go to the gym now," the boy said with a smile.

     "Okay," she muttered as she followed him behind the boy's back, heading to the said school building.

     The walk towards the gym was silent and kinda awkward. The awkwardness between them existed since the time Taeyeon started to realize that she's hurting because of her love unrequited by Baekhyun and it caused her to start distancing herself. Baekhyun was blaming himself for it. He knew it was his fault. He had mistaken his infatuation as love. That time, he was flirting with Taeyeon and when the girl fell, he realized his mistake and he didn't catch her. Guilt was all that Baekhyun felt that time and it lingered up until the present. The guilt was consuming him, secretly putrefying the insides of him.

     The two entered the gymnasium. They were bewildered by the round of applause they received from their shippers whilst the others who couldn't relate were just perplexed.

     "Whoo! Hyunyeon for the win!," cheered Sunny. It made Baekhyun feel kinda awkward for the cheers caught the juniors' attention, causing all eyes to be set on them.

     "Hey. Enough, guys. We're making a scene. Mrs. Cha is approaching," Yoona said and pointed to the approaching figure.

     "Okay, let's start. Juniors, column one. Seniors, column two. Now, go to your proper places, please," Mrs. Cha instructed and the students started moving.

     While Baekhyun was on the way to his line with Taeyeon, his pair of keen eyes caught view of someone who appeared so pleasant. It's him. It's the "he" he was referring. It's the popular heartthrob of their school, Park Chanyeol.

     The "he" was Chanyeol. He's the one Baekhyun admired for almost three years already. He didn't know if it's still a crush or what but he opted not to call it a crush but an admiration instead. Yes, admiration. A very deep admiration to the extent that he couldn't let someone stay inside his heart for it was already occupied by Chanyeol. How silly. Apparently, the term didn't suit it but that's how Baekhyun wanted to call it just for the sake that it would avoid the girlish term, 'crush'.

     Baekhyun could still remember how everything started when he became a sophomore. At the very first day of school, his wandering eyes spotted some tall & white freshman being irritated by the stinging sunshine while queuing amidst the wide green field for a flag ceremony. At first, it didn't impress Baekhyun. He thought that the boy was just some typical person who couldn't reach his standards when it comes to entitling "good-looking" to those guys whom he meets. But everything changed when he got to see that face more often. His glittering eyes, his fair skin, his cute ears, his glossy hair, his obvious height and his dazzling smile. All of which made Baekhyun appreciate his looks a little bit more.

     The days passed by and Baekhyun just wanted to lay his eyes on the boy for the whole day. There's one thing he realized, he's starting to admire the boy's looks but he didn't know the name yet. One day, he heard his classmates, Dasom, Soyou & Bora, noisily fangirling over two winsome freshmen who were running on the hallways of the next building.

     "Oh look! Chanyeol is so handsome!" Soyou facepalmed.

     "He looks like a prince," Dasom commented.

     "Don't forget Sehun, too," Bora added while pointing to one of the boys.

     "Is the taller boy named Sehun? And that one who looks cool and shorter is Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked the fangirling trio.

     "No!" The girls responded in unison.

     "You're opposite, Baek. Chanyeol is the taller one and the other is Sehun," Dasom explained.

     "Ah, I see. The name Chanyeol suits Sehun more," said Baekhyun.

     "Weird... No. For me, it's not," Soyou disagreed and the other two went with Soyou's opinion.

     "Whatever. I'll be going. Thanks, by the way," Baekhyun replied and went back into their classroom with a smile painted on his face. It was due to the fact that he already knew the name of the one he started to admire.   

     "So, joining the cotillion is a luck for you, eh?" Whispered Taeyeon during the time she and Baekhyun were waltzing in a ballroom position.

     "W-what do you m-mean?" Baekhyun stuttered.

     "I don't need to explain much. Looking at the boy behind me is enough," she answered.

     Baekhyun looked over Taeyeon's shoulders and saw Chanyeol dancing with a pretty gal. They were horizontally in line with each other. A slight pout formed on Baekhyun's face, stripping off the radiance he had been wearing.

     "What's that pout for?" Taeyeon asked, concerned of what's happening to her partner.

     "I-I... I-I don't know...," the boy dully said.

     "I cannot help you if that's the case."

     "It's okay. I'll handle it alone."

     "You sure?"

     "Yeah. I'm used to this. It's just my normal tendency when it comes to him."

     "I see. But if ever you need someone to talk with that thing, just look for me. I'll help with my best," she encouragingly said and beamed a bright smile.

     "Thanks a million, Taeyeon," he thanked and separated from the ballroom position.

     "You're always welcome, Baek," the girl mouthed while waltzing backwards.

      Their practice continued with Baekhyun's face still wizened. He's feeling awkward and conscious with every move he's initiating. If not because of Taeyeon, he would feel heavier and more cloudy inside. The view of Chanyeol caused that to him. He didn't know how and why. All he knew was that the view of Chanyeol was hurting him.

     The practice soon ended and sweaty students slowly exited the gym. Baekhyun was hoping that he'd be able to talk to the tall guy or even just look eye to eye and smile at each other. He took timing. A good timing wherein he'd go out of the gym with Chanyeol just inches away from him. He was thinking that the distance was maybe enough for Chanyeol to notice his existence. Baekhyun transformed into a selfish guy for a while, not minding his classmates that he would be leaving behind.

     His efforts gained something. But it's not something he's satisfied with. He only managed to move his way out of the gym with Chanyeol just beside him. No conversation, no greeting, no interaction, nothing, nothing at all. A bit frustrated, Baekhyun just decided to stay outside the gym and wait for his classmates.

     Frustration. It was due to the fact that he and Baekhyun were close friends before. He could still recall, how they became officially friends. When Baekhyun was still a sophomore and Chanyeol was still a freshman, the two was introduced to each other by Baekhyun's friend who happened to be Chanyeol's classmate. That happened when it's already the latter  part of the school year, particularly, December. That time, they're in the cafeteria. He was refusing from Seohyun's offer of bridging them to become friends but the girl didn't listen to Baekhyun's plead. When Seohyun approached Chanyeol, Baekhyun didn't know what to do until he decided to just go out of the cafeteria.

     "Baek-oppa!" Seohyun called out and the aforementioned froze in his place.

     "Chanyeol, follow me. This is the one I wanted to introduce to you. He's Byun Baekhyun. Baek-oppa, this is Park Chanyeol," Seohyun introduced. Baekhyun was just awkwardly smiling.

     "Hello, hyung. So, it's you whom Seohyun was talking about. I thought she's gonna introduce me to a girl. Well, nice to meet you," he said with smiles and with a tap on Baekhyun's shoulder.

     "Ahh... N-nice to m-meet you, too," Baekhyun replied, stuttering in his place. "See you around, Chanyeol 'cause we need to go. Seohyun, let's go," he added.

     "Okay. See ya," Chanyeol beamed a smile and bade informal goodbye.     

         "Baek, let's go," Yoona told him as they walk out of the gym. The aforementioned went back to his senses.

     "U-uhh... Okay."

     They went home to their respective houses. Still, Baekhyun was feeling heavy. He's kinda hurt just because of a shallow reason and it made him hesitate to continue joining the cotillion. He spent time contemplating and eventually, he made up his mind. He chose to be hurt than to hurt someone. He knew that Taeyeon really wanted to join the cotillion and leaving her in the air would hurt her. He knew, it would be hard but he promised himself to minimize the pain he would receive using any possible ways he could.

     Practices continued and they were almost done in finishing the whole dance. Baekhyun learned to shrug off the thought of Chanyeol whenever they're practicing. He's just focusing on Taeyeon, enjoying the dance with some sort of flirting. Others were cooing of their sweetness, cheering and howling their feels out. Everytime it happens, Baekhyun would steal a glance on Chanyeol's direction. He's hoping he would witness some expression from the taller one.

     It continued until something happened and caused Baek to be in bugaboo. It was when Mrs. Cha was explaining the proper execution of a figure from the dance. Baekhyun made a coup d'oeil, or a quick glance, on Chanyeol's direction. There, he witnessed Chanyeol staring at him. When the guy realized that Baekhyun was looking at him, he slowly averted his eyes with some sort of expression Baekhyun couldn't identify. He didn't want to expect, he didn't want to assume, he didn't want to hope, he really didn't want to. But... The thought of that look from Chanyeol was urging him to.

     "Okay. Execute the step properly," Mrs. Cha instructed. They did so but Baekhyun was acting weird.

     "Are you okay, Baek?" Taeyeon asked.

     "Y-yeah..."

    "You don't look like you are."

     "..."

     "You cannot even look at me straight. I know, how you smile and frown."

     "You know me too well, huh?"

     "Of course. I'm facing that face since the first practice. Is it about him?"

     "..."

     "It's him, right? Just tell me. You can trust me, I promise. Let that burden be dropped."

     "Okay. Fine. Yes. It's because of him."

     Taeyeon sighed and spoke, "Phew... Why so? Are you hurt seeing him being partnered to Krystal?"

     "Not that. It's just... Phew... I cannot really pinpoint... Let's say, it's because of the boundary that separates us. The fact that it isn't leading into somewhere. And the fact that... it's forbidden... I shouldn't have let this cause more trouble from the very start."

     "Hey. Let's talk about that later. It's already the exchange of partners," Taeyeon reminded him and dropped her arms from the boy's shoulder.

     "Okay," Baekhyun mouthed while Taeyeon waltzed to his left.

     The practice was soon over but Mrs. Cha was still announcing something. Baekhyun didn't hear it all but he managed to understand that there would be elimination and also the possible shuffling of partners. He wasn't worried for himself but for Taeyeon. But seeing her not much worried, he somehow forgot the worry. Not long and the announcement came to an end. Baekhyun was walking towards his bag and froze on his place when something abrupt passed by in front of him. It was Chanyeol who was running to get his bag and catch up with his friends who were leaving already. Then he also witnessed Jongin being so close to Chanyeol, almost hugging when the shorter was reaching for Chanyeol's ear to whisper something. Baekhyun was just in utter shock and he didn't know why. He hoped that jealousy was out of the story.

     "His scent... It didn't change," Baekhyun mentally self-talked.

     He was familiar of the winsome boy's scent for he had stuck with the tall guy for a lot of times before. Yes, Baekhyun was with Chanyeol before as said earlier. When Chanyeol was a sophie and Baekhyun was a junior. Their friendship from Baek's sophomore year was extended. Through the help of Seohyun, they were brought closer. Seohyun wasn't aware of Baekhyun's admiration for Chanyeol but she's trying her best to let the two become close as what she heard from her Baek-oppa's wish mentioned out of blue before.

     Seohyun and Chanyeol were close friends that's why it's just easy for her to bridge the two. Wherever she was, there Baekhyun would be so she would just stay close to that tall boy and act like she just wanted to bond. But the truth behind it was that she's making a stronger bond, not between her and Chanyeol but between the two boys. Her attempts were successful and productive most of the time. It's just Baekhyun who was holding back to avoid suspicion from others. If Baekhyun wasn't that such of an opportunity waster, they should have been better friends.

     When Seohyun & Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol was already feeling light towards Baek, they started to improve their acts. Baek was already invited by Seohyun to eat lunch with them most of the time. There in the classroom, a clear view of the cute giant could be seen. After being full from food, Baekhyun would help & teach Seohyun and her classmates about their assignments and lessons. Among the said classmates, Chanyeol was one of them. In that way, they became closer to each other, making Baekhyun fall deeper with every new interesting thing he discovered from the boy.

     They were too close that time. Chanyeol would call Baek's name then greet and smile everytime he meets the shorter on the way. Sometimes, he would tap Baek's shoulder, offer a special handshake or lightly punch him on the arms. There were things Chanyeol did which seemed strange to Baekhyun. Some of which made him assume, like what he's doing usually. One example was when Chanyeol randomly asked for the older's hand to know who had the bigger size of hand. He aligned them to Baekhyun's and Baek swore that he felt his fingers almost slipping to the gaps between the taller's fingers. Also, when Chanyeol didn't complain when he ruffled Chanyeol's hair and pinched his cheeks. He felt strange for Chanyeol always complain with those stuffs. An assumption was born and it's about Chanyeol having a liking over him.

     "We were that close before. But what about now? What happened to us? It's like a flower that withered the next day I woke up..." Baekhyun said at the back of his mind. He felt something welling up inside him and he knew what it was.

     "Baek? Are you okay? Why are your eyes teary?" Taeyeon asked. And without more words, Baekhyun hugged Taeyeon and cried on her shoulder.

     "It's okay, Baek. Just cry it all out... I'm here," Taeyeon tried to console him while she gently rubbed her hands to his back, forming circles of different sizes.

     Baekhyun did so. He cried it all out and Taeyeon was there to comfort him. He shared everything to Taeyeon and she understood it all. It just hurt Baekhyun that he just turned into a senior and their connection suddenly turned ill and cold. He sometimes received few doses of attention but it wasn't enough, knowing he already fell for the boy. When Baek got over his crying moment, he thanked the short girl and hugged one more time. He realized that rhe awkwardness between them was eliminated. Baek wanted to be with Taeyeon's refuge but they needed to go home.     

     When Baekhyun was walking on his way home, he saw someone on a restaurant he passed by. It was, of course, Chanyeol together with his parents and his noona, having an early dinner. He stared at them for a while. He saw how nice and close their family was. He envied them.Baekhyun only had his grandparents and his elder brother named Baekbeom. His parents died from a plane crash and Baekbeom had to help support his younger brother. One of the reasons why Baekhyun was hesitating to let his love be known was that he didn't want to disappoint his brother and grandparents because he's their hope. And also, he seemed not fit to be involved or connected to Chanyeol's family. They were rich and looked like sophisticated while him, just a typical boy who couldn't reach them.

     Days followed and Baekhyun caught Chanyeol staring at him more often. Not just that, also Krystal. Both Krystal and Chanyeol were having their eyes focused to Taeyeon and Baekhyun. With those looks, Baekhyun had a premonition but he wasn't so sure if it's reliable or not. He had no other good choice of action but to ignore it for now.

     Elimination of pairs came and Taeyeon was holding on Baekhyun's hand tightly. Well, they made it to the twenty pairs but shuffling of partners was needed. It made Taeyeon become more tense for they were asked to stay since they might need to be paired up with a different person. The grip on Baekhyun's hand became tighter that it was almost crushing their bones. Luckily, they were not paired up to someone with similar height to them. The two then sighed and reacted due to the relief.

The morning practice was over and they were allowed to have lunch already and then instructed to come back on or before 1 PM. When Baekhyun got his bag from the floor and started walking, someone poked him on his back.

     "Uhmmm.... You left your jacket," the girl said as she handed over Baekhyun's red jacket. It was Krystal.

     "Uhhh... Thanks a lot," and they both showcased their smiles. Yoona, Joonmyeon and others arrived and asked Baekhyun to go. Without waiting for an answer, Yoona dragged Baekhyun already.

     "I got a feeling...," murmured Taeyeon to Baekhyun.

     "A feeling that....?"

     "She likes you," she straight-forwardly answered, making the boy shocked and dumbfounded.

     "Taeyeon..."

     "What? I'm a girl and I can sense if a girl likes someone or not. The way her eyes glittered and her lips smiled, it isn't normal for a person who doesn't have a crush on you."

     "Hey, hey, hey! What's that about?" Yoona butted in.

     "Nothing much, Yoona-ah," Taeyeon spoke with a smile.

     "Hmmm... I smell something fishy..."

    "That's my viand, maybe?"

     "You're funny, unnie," the younger one sarcastically told her.

          Baekhyun's premonition was confirmed. She believed Taeyeon. The premonition was confirmed but the assumption. His assumption of Chanyeol secretly liking him wasn't confirmed yet. Baek didn't know if he's already too assuming or just sensitive to the ways how people act. Well, he didn't even find the exact meaning of Chanyeol's stares but he already considered a lot of possible meanings. Examples were the possibility that Chanyeol had a crush on him, that Chanyeol just wanted to tell him something, that Chanyeol was hating him, that Chanyeol was wanting to know something about him, that Chanyeol was being curious about him, and lastly, the possibility that Chanyeol was jealous over Taeyeon and him.

     The weird stares from Chanyeol and both the dreamy & jealous looks from Krystal continued. Baekhyun and Taeyeon were just smiling to themselves and trying to suppress their laughs everytime the said girl was eying them. Baek was a bit anxious with Chanyeol's stares. He could even catch the giant looking at him through the corner of his eyes. It's already several days since he first caught the tall boy. He's thinking that maybe it really meant something.

     Days flew by and Baekhyun was strong enough to withstand the pain from Chanyeol which he involuntarily multiplied and inflicted to himself. He didn't noticed, it's already February 7, the day of their prom.

     Baekhyun didn't go to school in the morning but slept more. He's storing energy in order to prevent or somehow endure the sleepiness and tiredness that would be brought by the night. He's in mixed emotions again and he couldn't really explain what he's feeling. He got clothed by his black and white attire. His tuxedo was black with white pipings on the collar & white buttons to close it and on the wrists also. He had a white rose on his pocket near his heart, his slacks was black with a line of white on the sides and his shoes and socks were also black. He got white long sleeves and it has a wide black line on the center and on the shoulders down to the extremities. The buttons of the sleeves were pearl white and his bow tie was black. With his hairdo, he just had a his hair neatly waxed and comb to the side.

     Baekhyun survived the eyes glued on him while he's waiting for a taxi cab. He reached the venue and he was bedazzled by the colorful and glittering gowns of the girls. He registered and saw that Taeyeon, Yoona, Joonmyeon and the others were there already. He couldn't believe how gorgeous and charming his friends became.

     The prom started like how it should. Baekhyun was craning his neck to have a better view of his friends on the juniors, of course, including Seohyun and Chanyeol. Well, he spotted them, looking so attractive, especially Chanyeol. He was in all white except his tuxedo with black pipings and his black long sleeves. His bow tie was even white and he looked so dazzling. Baekhyun was once again chained & captured by the cute giant's charms and charisma and he didn't know how to escape.

     The most-awaited part, the cotillion dance, took it's turn. All the seniors were mostly in black while the juniors were mostly in white. That was their color coding and they all looked good together. They were in their line, waiting for the music to start

     "Are you ready?" Baekhyun asked his partner.

     "Yes, I'm more than ready," she replied and held the boy's hand tighter.

     "Then, let's enjoy this," that was his message for the both of them. The other just nodded and smiled.

     The cotillion dance started. It all went good despite of the blooming gowns and the carpet full of friction. Smiles could be seen painted on their faces, looking so romantic and worth-watching. When Taeyeon was waltzing backwards, she accidentally stepped into her gown and tripped over. Baekhyun was good in reflex and he caught her by her hand and supported her back. Their faces were so close that they almost kissed and the scene was very passionate-looking, seeing a pair staring at each other for a long time. Not to mention that they were on the center of the waltzing circle and all eyes were glued on them, the accidental scene became a picture-perfect one. When the two realized what's happening, they gracefully pulled away and resumed dancing like nothing happened and acted like the scene was just a part of the show. They received a big round of applause from the audience, even from Mrs. Cha. The pair was just happy that it didn't ruin the dance but made it more beautiful instead. They received thumbs up from Yoona & Joonmyeon but when Baekhyun turned his view to Chanyeol and Krystal, the mask called 'smile' wasn't found on them. All the two earned was a massive dose of glare. They knew right away that Krystal was just jealous but on Chanyeol, they were clueless.

     The dance ended and the pair earned a standing ovation from Mrs. Cha & also compliments from other pairs. The two was so happy while they were talking about what happened. But that happiness was short-lived for Baekhyun since he saw Chanyeol looking like in a not-so-good-mood. He thought of the possibility that it was due to the accidental scene. But he shrugged it off when he realized he's assuming again.

     The special event continued. Baekhyun was infected by Chanyeol's not-so-good mood but Taeyeon somehow managed to minimize it, being there as a friend. Later after the dinner, the on-the-spot candidates for Prom King and Queen was announced. They had twelve pairs and among those 24 lucky persons, Yoona, Joonmyeon & Chanyeol was included. They were tasked to make one pick-up line or more and to introduce theirselves with posture and proper bearing. The candidates soon walked like models on the stage and introduced theirselves with either funny and corny pick-up lines.

     "Are you some kind of ? Because i can't take to play with you. Good evening, people. I'm Im Yoona, representing the seniors!"

     "My love for you is like a debt. Because it's something that cannot be paid. Greetings everyone! Kim Joonmyeon's the name, a proud representative of the seniors!"

     "My love for you is like a password. Because it's only I who know. Here's another. My love for you is like your underwear. Because it's only for you. A memorable night, ladies and gents. I go by the name Park Chanyeol and I proudly represent the juniors! Well, wait, one more pick-up line. Here it is. I better be a handicapped person or a crippled one, not blind, deaf and mute. Because if I am, I'll never be able to see your fairness, hear your heartbeat and lastly, say that I love you."

    The crowd went wild because of the last pick-up line from Chanyeol. Girls, gays and even boys were howling & cheering to that. Among the wild crowd sat a silent one, it's Baekhyun. He felt like it's something real. He didn't assume that it's for him and that hurt him more, picturing out Chanyeol saying those words to a girl.

     Baekhyun has a premonition that it's Chanyeol who would be crowned as Prom King. His premonition was right. The giant was really crowned, together with the Prom Queen named Tiffany. Baekhyun believed he was glad for him. Why not? His long-time crush was crowned as Prom King and that Yura-noona even sneaked in just to see him crowned. He thought and acted that he's happy but deep inside, he's feeling cloudy actually.

     The party until dawn took place. Baek was hoping for something significant or memorable to happen between him and Chanyeol. He's dreaming while awake, dreaming things such as having Chanyeol confessing his love for Baekhyun. He knew, he's really an assuming person.

     Baekhyun was trying his best to enjoy despite of the burden inside him. Chanyeol looked like he wasn't in the mood to go like "Party-party!" You can infer by seeing him sleeping on the side. It wasn't easy for Baekhyun to stop being like a masochist but his endurance was amazingly incomparable.

     The slow dance was played. Baek invited Taeyeon for a dance and after they did so, he excused himself and went to the toilet. After doing the job, he washed his hands. While washing, he heard the door of the men's toilet open. When he looked to the direction of the newcomer, his eyes widened dramatically. But then, he averted them and closed his eyes for a while.

     "Congratulations," Baekhyun uttered after gathering a bulky amount of courage, not looking at the one who entered.

     "Thanks, hyung," the tall boy responded. "Won't you shake my hand or tap me on the shoulder?" added by the boy. It made Baekhyun's eyes widen again dramatically.

     "Okay, Chanyeol. Here's your shake hands and your tap," Baekhyun impressively spoke without stuttering. He maybe smiling, but in the inside, he's actually breaking.

     "Thanks again, hyung. And uhh... You look good with your attire."

     "Thanks also, Yeol. Same to you," he replied.

     Feels and sparks were overtaking him. He felt like he wanted to kiss him there at the moment but he was urging himself not to. He mentally took note that he would just do that if Chanyeol would confess. That condition was made even though he knew that a confession from Chanyeol was a punch to the moon.

     "I-I'm g-going back, Y-Yeol. See ya," Baek stuttered after he got enough of the awkward atmosphere and long silence.

    "Okay, hyung," Chanyeol said and the shorter exited the spacious toilet.

     Baekhyun went out frustrated and disappointed. He knew Chanyeol wouldn't confess but he expected for it. Even making a condition pertaining to it. There's no one to be blamed but his own self, of course, and he was hating himself for that.

     "So stupid. You're an idiot, Byun Baekhyun. You're an idiot," he talked to himself.

     He returned to the party. After what happened, he no longer danced and grooved to the music. Apparently, he ignored the party atmosphere and he's just silently sitting on the side. Baekhyun just decided to stay like that until dawn, until the hour that they're already allowed to go home. He checked his wristwatch and it showed an amazing combination of numbers, it's already 01:23 AM. Well, 5 in the morning was the end of the party so that meant, he needed to stay like that for more than three hours. He felt like he mentally cried.

     Taeyeon concluded that something happened with Baekhyun after their dance so she decided to just let him be like that. She even stopped Yoona from coming near him. Yoona, as the bestfriend, just understood obeyed Taeyeon. The latter was happy but eventually became worried as she saw a glittering tear from Baekhyun's left eye.

     "Time flies really fast when I'm busy but very slow when I'm bored," Baek muttered to himself. He slept for some time around three and woke up at exactly quarter to five. It's some kind of relief to Baekhyun since he realized, he'd been in a party held in hell. He called it hell for it was a place where he was staying up while enduring the self-torture fueled by Chanyeol's acts.

     Not too long and the event ended already. Others were wishing for more but Baekhyun was wishing the opposite. His second time wasn't as good as the first. He kinda regretted that he joined the promenade again. Who would enjoy while their heart was breaking? It's not normal for a human to enjoy with a heartbreaking state. With that, Baekhyun even managed to compose a stanza from a poem.

"How am I supposed to enjoy this night when I'm breaking inside?

How am I supposed to remember this day if I only cried?

From the very start, I should have known that this thing's gonna happen.

I should have known that this big would just make me go crestfallen..."

     Seniors and juniors still had their hangover from the prom. It's already Monday yet it felt like the prom just happened yesterday. The moments were still fresh, many were busy sharing their experiences and others were reminiscing the memories through photos and thoughts. Everyone was loving the memories of prom but Baekhyun. He's not bitter, just unhappy with it.

     Nothing happened for the next days except that Taeyeon had become closer to Baekhyun. He occasionally received same stares and glances from Chanyeol but he didn't mind. He's tired and sick of assuming, expecting, feeling, hoping and of course, getting hurt.

     It's Thursday and Baek's classmates together with the Hyunyeon shippers were teasing him to buy something for Taeyeon. He figured out, the next day was Valentine's Day. Actually, he was not in the mood for it. He knew that he really didn't love Taeyeon the way Taeyeon did. His heart was captured by Chanyeol and no one could free it from the said guy's cage. However, his mind changed when he remembered everything Taeyeon had done for him. He thought that he wouldn't buy something for Taeyeon as a symbol of love but of gratitude. So then, after their classes, the boy quickly went out to look for his present for Taeyeon. He considered a pink teddy bear as his chosen gift.

     Valentine's day came and Baekhyun was feeling strange. "Will something happen to me this day?" He asked himself. He went to school with a pounding heart. He didn't know what's the reason behind that and he's trying his very best to ignore it.

     The Blackroad Academy was in a lively mood. People all over the campus was kinda busy. Baekhyun could see students not wearing their uniforms but outfits in red color. The guards and teachers weren't warning them for the day was a special occasion. Baekhyun was starting to feel bitter but he's fighting it because he believed that "Bitterness is some kind of intoxication that can cause putrefaction."

     The day went on. They're not having much class and lecture since even the teachers were celebrating Valentine's day. You could tell since students were just roaming outside. Boys were giving chocolates and flowers. Others were serenading with some sweet music. Also, there were the exchange of cards, confessions & courtship on the said day. Baekhyun was kinda jealous for them. They were enjoying the day while him, feeling alone and loveless. Not that he didn't like his friends' company but he thought, he would enjoy the day if Chanyeol was with him, being lovey-doveys all day.

     Baekhyun was looking outside the window and there passed a familiar figure. It's tall and white as well. Baekhyun knew who it was even if the said figure's face was unavailable to be seen. Well, the tall boy looked back and Baekhyun's eyes locked with his for some while. He looked like he wanted to say something but was just holding it back. Soon, the giant looked away, making the shorter feel somewhat uneasy.

               The cycle repeated. Baekhyun would feel sad, he would fight or endure it, he would feel fine and would feel sad again. He's really tired of it but he's that tied to Chanyeol that he's easily hurt and saddened. He's starting to hate the day and he really hated it when he saw girls sending letters and chocolates to Chanyeol. Not to mention that they were taking photos with him, cutely & derply smiling and sometimes borrowing him from class just because of the school's activity called 'Love Chain'. It's a booth wherein you'd pay some amount in exchange for a request to chain two students of the school together regardless of the gender. The chained couple would be together in a romantic room where they could talk, get to know each other and dance. Baekhyun witnessed all of those for he sat by the window where the view of Chanyeol's classroom on the opposite building was clear.

     "Do you want me to put both of you in a Love Chain, too?" Taeyeon spoke behind Baekhyun, startling the boy who was in a bad mood.

     "Ahh! You scared me, Taeyeon!" Baekhyun exclaimed while the other just giggled.

     "I'm sorry. You just looked so occupied with what you're staring at. Are you okay?"

     "It would be a lie saying yes."

     "Well, anything I can help?"

     "Uhmmm... I think, I need fresh air."

     "Let's stroll outside then? Our awesome Math teacher was on a date with Ms. Choi from Science Department," she encouragingly said.

     "S-sure?" Taeyeon just nodded with a toothless smile.

     "Let's go then," the boy said.

     The two strolled around the field as what they have talked. They both brought their bags along with them and they were walking and talking about random things until they ended on a bench and then continued talking. At first, Baekhyun tried to open up a topic about Chanyeol but Taeyeon didn't let him go any further. She knew that it would just sadden Baekhyun and she couldn't afford to see him cry on a special day.

     "Baek, you know, it's you who does all the hurting. Why not try to find some distraction so that you can move on?"

     "Phew... If only that's easy, I should have done that for a long time already."

     "You really love him, don't you?" Taeyeon spoke and averted his eyes from the people on the field and looked at Baekhyun.

     "I don't need to answer. You know it already."

     "Yeah. And I'm already familiar of how you act when it comes to him."

     "Because you're the only one I can lean on," he added to Taeyeon's words. The girl just heaved a sigh.

     "Taeyeon..."

     "Mhhmmm?"

     "Thank you."

     "For what? For being beside you when you need me?"

     "Yeah. And for being a good friend and a listener. I know it's hard for you."

     "How can you say so?"

     "Don't play innocent. We both know that you still have feelings for me, right?"

     "I'm glad you felt it."

     "I'm sorry..."

     "Why? For what?"

     "Because I cannot reciprocate your love like how you want me to."

     "You're wrong."

     "What do you mean?"

     "I'm not wishing you to be mine. Yes, I love you but I know you love someone else. Your freedom is more important than my love. I'm not asking for any reciprocation. I love you that's why I'm giving you your freedom and happiness."

     "Taeyeon... I really don't know how to thank you."

     "Being my friend is enough."

     "Thanks a million, Taeyeon. You're a very good friend."

     "You're always welcome, Baek."

     They both smiled and Baekhyun remembered something. "Uhmm... Taeyeon. Here, Happy Valentine's Day," he said and gave the pink teddy.

     "I'm very grateful for this, Baek."

     "You're very welcome."

     "Wow. It's so cute. But... I don't have anything to give you."

     "It's okay. Being with you is more than a present."

     "Thanks once again, Baek," she thanked and they hugged.

     After few seconds, Taeyeon pulled away. She remembered that they were in public and their shippers might see. They went back to their room and their classmates teased them, suspecting them from what they did.

      Baekhyun didn't consider that he hated the day. He liked it because of Taeyeon. The day was almost over and most of the students went home already. Baekhyun didn't feel like going home so he stayed in a bench for some time, eating the chocolates Krystal had sent to him.

     Someone approached the boy and greeted him a Happy Valentine's Day. He handed over a bouquet of red roses and several chocolate bars. Baekhyun didn't feel secured with it. He figured out, it was Jonghyun, a notorious maniac in the school.

     "T-thanks," he awkwardly received the present.

     "You're welcome, babe," and it made Baekhyun widen his eyes.

     "E-excuse me?" He uttered. The boy just sighed and sat down beside him.

     "I said, you're welcome, babe," he repeated while looking at Baekhyun. A moment passed and Jonghyun was holding Baek's hand. The latter didn't know what to do. He just gulped the lump on his throat and shivered on his place.

     "J-Jonghyun..."

     "What, babe? Why are you shivering? Feeling cold? Do you want me to warm you up?"

     Baekhyun knew that Jonghyun was some sort of a lunatic person, a guy with a mental problem. He's afraid that Jonghyun would fish out a knife from his pocket and stab him. The scary guy was slowly leaning in closer to him as if he's going to kiss him. He just closed his eyes and mentally wished for help. Baekhyun's just too scared.

     "Agghh!" Someone exclaimed. Baek just realized, the guy beside him was gone.

     He looked around and saw Jonghyun fighting with someone. He examined them carefully and he was flabbergasted of what he found out. Chanyeol. It was Chanyeol who was punching and kicking Jonghyun, beating him hardly.

     "Don't you ever touch him or come near him again! Or else, you're shredded brain will ooze out of your ears! Got that?!" He shouted very close to Jonghyun's face and the latter just nodded and ran away, scared & threatened.

     Baekhyun was in utter shock and he felt tears forming on his eyes. His vision got blurry and he just turned his back to get his bag and leave. He became more shocked when his right hand was pulled and was placed over someone's neck. It was Chanyeol and he's unexpectedly hugging the crying boy.

     "It's okay, hyung. I'm here," the giant tried to console him but Baekhyun just continued to cry.

     Baekhyun was wetting Chanyeol's shirt and chest but the owner didn't mind. He placed his chin on the head of Baekhyun and hugged him tighter. He eventually rubbed circles on the shorter's back and whispered comforting words.

     "Sshh... Don't be scared. I'm here already. I'll protect you."

     "I-I'm s-sorry. I just can't stop c-crying," he stuttered while wiping his tears.

     "Why, hyung? You're really afraid?"

     "No. Not really... I... I just didn't expect you to come. Of all people..." He said, slowly calming down.

          "I just saw you and you looked like about to be harassed by that stupid fool so I ran to rescue you. I'm your friend, remember?"

     "T-thanks, Yeol... I thought, I'm a stranger to you already," he said, not minding if he's sounding obvious. Chanyeol pulled away from the hug.

      Chanyeol looked at him. "Let's not talk about it here. Let's go," and he gently dragged him to he-knows-where.

     They rode in a taxi cab and Chanyeol just whispered their destination to the driver. The tall guy was seated on the front seat while the shorter was on the backseat, clueless of what's happening. He seemed like he couldn't process what's going on. He didn't want to assume. He's making himself believe that he's maybe doing that as a friend. He could still remember that Chanyeol was once head over heels to that newly graduated pretty girl named Dara. There's a very little chance that Chanyeol liked him, too.

     They were dropped in front of a tall building considered as a tower. Chanyeol was smiling when he held Baekhyun's hand and pulled him happily. They went up until they already had a good view of the city night. They're standing side by side while gazing at a good scenery.

     "Yeol..."

     "Mhmm?"

     "Why are we here?" Baek asked and Chanyeol heaved a sigh.

     "To celebrate Valentine's Day?"

     "H-huh? W-why with me?"

     "Phew... Hyung, I'm sorry..." The tall guy spoke and his mood changed. His tone was apologetic.

     "Ehh? W-why?" He looked at the giant.

     "Because you felt like we're already strangers," he answered without averting his eyes from the view. The older didn't know what to say.

     "I've been a coward," he said in a low volume. "I closed my heart because I didn't want to fall again. I didn't know that I was hurting someone... Especially you," he added.

     "So you knew that I was deeply admiring you until I fell for you...," Baekhyun courageously responded. He's thinking that this could be time to confess, dropping all the hesitations and leaving them behind.

     "Yes. I knew it since the day I got to know you. Seohyun was also an obvious hint," he replied.

     "I'm sorry. It's just that I'm enchanted by your charms until I got addicted to it... You're just someone my eyes wanted to stare at everyday."

     "I-I'm f-flattered...," he stuttered while blushing.

     "Don't be. I'm not a flatterer."

     "Hyung... I'm sorry once again. I know, I hurt you too much. As what I've said, I was distancing myself because I didn't want to fall. But I failed. No matter how distant, I still fell for you..."

     Baekhyun's eyes widened. His vision then became blurry. He found out that his eyes were tearing up. He looked at the boy beside him and he felt the first tear drop down to his cheeks. Chanyeol turned his head towards the older and he was shocked seeing Baekhyun crying.

     He lifted the older's chin by his index finger. He leaned in and kissed the older's forehead. He then hugged the crying boy and placed his chin on the other's head. He also rubbed circles. After several moments of silence, he decided to talk.

      "I love you, Byun Baekhyun. I'm sorry for being a coward. I didn't accept the fact that I love you so I shut my doors so you couldn't come in. But... it seemed that I couldn't. I was so afraid that I might end up having an unrequited love. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you..." Baekhyun just hugged him tighter and cried harder.

          Chanyeol just let him. He let him and whispered words of comfort to him. He stayed like that until Baekhyun had enough of crying. The last tear was wiped by Chanyeol and the older spoke.

     "Don't mind those times that you hurt me. What's important is you already knew what's real and what you must accept. I love you so much that I cannot hate you."

     "I love you, too, hyung... Very much..."

     "Chanyeol, thanks for making my day good although I started it bad."

     "You're welcome, hyung. Well, I guess, we need to thank Jonghyun. If not because of him, maybe I didn't embrace the truth and have the courage & confidence to tell this all to you."

     "Yeah, maybe," Baekhyun smiled then he remembered something. "Hey! Where's my Valentine's gift?"

     "Uhmmm... Is my love already enough?" He sheepishly smiled and scratched the back of his neck.

     "NO!"

     "W-what? H-hyung? B-but..." Chanyeol stuttered after the bewilderment he received.

     Baekhyun giggled at the boy's funny expression. "I'm just joking, Yeol. Of course. It's more than enough actually."

     Chanyeol pulled his lips into an upward curve. He held the shorter's hands. "Well, hyung... Will you be my boyfriend?"

     "No. Give me a present first," Baekhyun smirked mischievously. The other just pouted cutely.

     "But I didn't expect this thing to happen..." He reasoned out and bowed his head. He didn't see the grin from the older. "Okay, fine," he uttered and the next thing that happened drove Baekhyun crazy.

     Chanyeol crashed his lips to the boy's own. Apparently, Chanyeol kissed him and his eyes just enlarged like of an owl's. He took time before he finished processing it all inside his mind. When he snapped back to reality, he kissed Chanyeol back. He felt the taller's hand roamed around his body until it reached his hair. The giant caressed it and their kiss went deeper. Baekhyun swore to himself that he really felt sparks run down his spine and all throughout his body. After few moments, they broke the kiss for air.

     "Well, I'll take that as a yes," Chanyeol said with a smirk.

     "Yeah. Fine. Whatever. I'm your boyfriend now."

     "Really?! Yes! Yes! Yahoo! Byun Baekhyun is mine now!" He exclaimed happily.

    "Ssshhh! Calm down! You're startling others."

    "Whoo! I'm so happy! Mmmmmmwaaaah!" The giant calmed down and planted a long kiss on the lips while hugging him followed by numerous butterfly kisses all over Baekhyun's face.

      "You're mine, Byun Baekhyun. And I'm yours."

     "Yes. I'm yours, Park Chanyeol. And you're mine." And they shared one more deep kiss.

     The two left the tower happily and Chanyeol decided to invite Baekhyun to their house for dinner and also to introduce him to Chanyeol's family. At first, Baekhyun refused since he's nervous of it. He's afraid that the Parks would reject him and his relationship with Chanyeol. But Chanyeol convinced him, assuring him that homouality wasn't an issue for the Parks. It lifted Baekhyun's fears and hesitations but he's worried about the Byuns. His boyfriend just smiled and promised that he would take care of it. The Byun just thanked and hugged his boyfriend.

     They were fetched by Chanyeol's driver. Along the ride, Chanyeol was holding Baekhyun's hand. He fished out a notebook from his bag and handed it to the shorter who just gave him a puzzled look.

     "Yes. I keep a journal," Chanyeol just simply voiced out and let the boy read it. A lot of revelations made Baekhyun's heart pound faster.

     "It's my birthday. After being broken-hearted from Dara, I was starting to move on. Some cute sophomore caught my attention and I found out, his name was Byun Baekhyun."

     "I became friends with Baekhyun-hyung. I never thought Seohyun could be an angel. Well, I like how he stuttered in front of me. It's so cute. It made me tap his shoulders."

     "It's our Christmas Party and I saw how handsome Baekhyun-hyung was with his attire . I couldn't stop stealing glances at him. Although handsome-looking, his cuteness remained. I unconsciously offered a handshake when I met him on the hallways."

     "Christmas and New Year vacation ended and it's now back to school. I couldn't wait to see him and his smile again."

     "Valentine's Day. He greeted me together with Seohyun. I felt happy. Ummm.... Can someone tell me if this love?"

     "End of my freshman year. Summer is coming and I won't be seeing him for a long time. How sad."

     "Back to school once again and I'm proudly a sophomore. I met him this day, looking so gorgeous and breathtaking as always."

     "He started to have lunch with us. Thanks to Seohyun once again. Wow. He's helping our class with the lessons and assignments. He's very good at Algebra and I admire it."

     "I didn't know what happened to me but I aligned our hands just to touch him. I reasoned out that I just wanted to know who had a bigger hand. Quite lame and I hope he didn't suspect it."

     "It's my fourteenth birthday and he gave me presents. Two fancy wristbands and a poem. The blue wristband contained my initials, PCY, while the red one contained 'Chanyeol'. The poem was all about his gratitude for me as his friend and I found out it was an acrostic poem. The initials of the lines were HAPP YBIR THDA YPCY or simply, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PCY. I so love this day."

     "It's December and I realized, I'm falling for Baekhyun-hyung. What to do?"

     "A sad Valentine's Day for me. He wasn't there to greet me. Seohyun said that he was busy with their program. I heard their class yelling 'Hyunyeon' and I knew who's that Hyun. It's no other than Baekhyun-hyung. Maybe I need to distance myself. Or else, I might fall and he wasn't there to catch me for he already caught Taeyeon-noona."

     "I'm already a junior and all I do is to steal a glance or look at him when no one's looking. I missed the times that he goes to our room and have lunch."

     "Our conversations became less and shorter. Maybe I really need to forget this feeling before it will grow stronger."

     "He didn't greet me on my birthday. It's just... ouch..."

     "I met him along the way. We just looked at each other, didn't say any word and just passed by each other. What happened to us?"

     "February is almost near. I think, I'll join the cotillion dance."

     "His partner is Taeyeon-noona. I don't know what's that weird feeling that I felt."

     "Mrs. Cha was talking but my eyes were focused to him. I averted my eyes when he glanced at me. I hope it didn't make him suspect."

     "I noticed, Krystal kept on looking at Baekhyun-hyung. Does she like hyung, too?"

     "The way he caught me looking at him and the way he looked at me, they were so strange. I don't know what those things mean. The way Krystal handed over Baekhyun-hyung's jacket and the way she smiled, it's different."

     "He looked too attractive with his attire this prom. I couldn't stop glancing and staring at him. I admit, I'm jealous with what happened to him and Taeyeon during the cotillion dance. Well, he's also acting weird. Was he sad or something? Tss... I was crowned as Prom King and little did he know, my pick-up lines were for him. He congratulated me and I felt like a feeler with the words I voiced out when we met on the toilet. All throughout the party, he looked so lonely and bored. What happened to him?"

     "Prom was over and I haven't gotten enough of looking at his face. Valentine's Day is coming and I don't know what to feel and do. My efforts of moving on was useless. I already fell deeper. I hope he'll catch me."

     "Ch-Chanyeol... You love me all this time? But how did you know  that I love you, too?" Baekhyun curiously asked after flipping through the pages.

     "Taeyeon-noona asked help from Seohyun and they both told it to me. It just happened right after dismissal. They left me since I asked them to give me time. Then when I went out, I saw you and Jonghyun. Phew... We're both mute when it comes to our feelings, huh?"

     "Don't worry. I'm now yours," and Baekhyun leaned in to peck on Chanyeol's cheeks. He then chuckled when he saw him blushing.

     The two arrived at Chanyeol's house. When they came in, Baekhyun was surprised to see his grandparents and his Baekbeom-hyung having chitchat with the Parks. They were greeted by Chanyeol's mom warmly and the others did the same. The parents told them that they were happy to see their little boys growing up and very approved of the boys' relationship. Baekhyun was perplexed how the both parties knew. He looked at his boyfriend and he saw him sheepishly smiling. It was Chanyeol who let them knew.

     They had their dinner together and the love birds were seated beside each other. They all talked about the lovers' relationship, curious of what happened. Baekhyun was feeling awkward but that faded when his Baekbeom-hyung and Chanyeol's Yura-noona was fanboying and fangirling over them. The talk led to arrangement of their marriage. The two exchanged surprised looks and just laughed it all out, thinking that it was some kind of joke. But the two stopped when the others said in unison, "We're serious."

     The dinner ended and both families gave time and space for the two. They talked on the garden and the two were sharing their feels. Baekhyun still couldn't believe what happened and likewise to Chanyeol. They also exchanged promises and sweet words. When they ran out of topic, they just stared at each other for a long time until the space between their lips was gone. A passionate kiss was shared and the two soon pulled away for air.

     "I love you, Baekhyun. Happy Valentine's Day."

     "Happy Valentine's Day and I love you, too, Chanyeol."

And they kissed for one more time.   

~~END~~


   [A/N: Hi! Done at last. I don't know what I wrote. Is it just me or what? I felt like there's not much impact. Maybe because I'm the one who wrote it? This one was supposed to be published on Valentine's Day but this wasn't finished that time yet.

Well, I apologize for the following:

-length of this oneshot

-any typos and wrong grammars

-if the angst & fluff parts weren't that good

-if I just used names even though their ages didn't coincide

-if I couldn't find any good cover. I'm just publishing through mobile.

-if I only wasted your time (i hope i didn't)

-this annoying(?) Author's note

.

By the way, I used Philippine setting. I don't much about Korean settings so, there, I used the setting I'm familiar with. Filipino High School students normally has ages ranging from 12-13 for freshmen, 13-14 for sophies, 14-15 for juniors and 15-16 for seniors. Hehe! Philippine School Year is from June to March with a Christmas and new year break.

I also added some real-life and personal experiences like the things contributed by some characters but I put some changes such as the genders, the outcomes, reasons, etc. Anyway, it's not that important.

AND, I didn't include scenes because they're still students with ages 16 and 15.:-) They're too young for it.

Well, Belated Happy Valentines Day! I know that you're already tired of reading so I won't extend the author's note anymore. Comments, votes, reviews and feedbacks are highly appreciated, . Thanks a million in advance!;-) Buh-bye for now!]

~~BabyChanChan~~