Happy Ending?

Between Love

 

                                      “Oh, wait, I forgot to punch in my time card. I’ll be right back, Yuri, stay here.” Tiffany said to me with a shy smile, going back in the library. I nodded and leaned against the wall, waiting for her to come back.

 

   I was staring so blankly at the wall opposite of me that I didn’t notice the people approaching me from the entrance of the hallway. “There you are! You had me so worried. You didn’t even tell me where you were going.” Jessica whined with a pout, jumping on me.

 

  “Oof!” I caught her by the thighs, bouncing her up as she wrapped her arms around my neck. “Hi.” I said with half a smile, trying to adjust to Jessica and her heavy schoolbag. “Hi, Donghae.” I said to Jessica’s boyfriend, who was trying hard not to laugh at me again.

 

  “Hi.” She giggled.

 

  “I’ll take that, Jessica. Yuri seems to be dying.” Donghae chuckled, grabbing Jessica’s bag.

 

   I sighed in relief as I felt the weight being lifted. “Oh Lord, thank you, Donghae.”

 

   “So why did you hurry up this morning—“

 

   “Wow, I came back and you managed to teleport Jessica in your arms.” Tiffany said with a chuckle, coming out from the library. “Nice to see you guys again.” She smiled.

    Jessica turned from Tiffany to me, looking at me as if I betrayed her. I looked back at her, confused, trying to read her eyes. She dropped from me and walked back to Donghae, taking his hand. “Nice to see you too, Tiffany,” Donghae replied with a friendly tone.

 

   “You too.” Jessica said with an obviously forced smile. She looked back at me with her lips pressed together, still with an expression of disappointment.

 

   What did I do?

 

   “Well we’d better get going. Donghae and I have to talk to Ms. Choi since he missed the experiment.” Jessica said and looked at Donghae.

 

   “Y-Yeah! See you guys later.” Donghae followed with a panicked expression. I looked at both of them confused and tried to make eye contact with Jessica but she avoided it and cringed, clinging to Donghae.

 

   “Jessica—“

 

   “Bye Yuri.” Jessica said before I could do anything and walked away.

 

   I sighed and watched them disappear as the worry in me started to bubble up. “What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked, moving beside me. I turned to her and shook my head with a smile. She smiled and held my hand. “C’mon, I said that I’ll be here for you.” I looked at her hand gently wrapped around mine then back at her smiling face. I smiled and nodded.

 

~~~

 

   “Well since you said that she’s been jealous of me then maybe that’s why. You left in such a hurry this morning probably still in a weak state after what happened last night to find that the reason you did was me…that’s most likely why.” She explained as we walked reached the hallway of our classroom.

 

   I sighed and scratched my head. “I wasn’t thinking straight. I shouldn’t have left her.” I sighed again, mentally slapping myself.

 

  We stopped walking as we both reached our classroom door. She turned to me, holding my hand even tighter. “What were you thinking about that made you so distracted?”

 

  It was you…I wanted to see you so badly that I disregarded Jessica. I wouldn’t stop thinking about the both of us after I remembered the event yesterday, I just needed to know that it was real and nothing was from my imagination.

 

  I looked at her with a half-smile. “Nothing much.”

 

 “What? Aww, don’t be that way, Yuri!” She whined, hitting my arm lightly. I laughed, she was just so cute.

 

  The door opened, revealing Jessica. She looked at me then Tiffany and then her eyes moved towards something else: our holding hands. She looked at me again with the same look of betrayal. I cursed at myself for not pulling my hand back sooner. “Jessica.” I sighed, not knowing what to do.

 

  She just walked past us and to the washroom. I looked at Tiffany, devastated. She bit her lip lightly, shrugging.

 

~~~

 

  “Jessica, c’mon, I’m sorry. I just needed something from her!” I apologized for the 7th time in the subject right before lunch. “Please. Please. Please. I’m so sorry, Jessica…” I said in the most pitiful tone I could do while slowly wrapping my arms around her waist from behind as she was sitting down on her chair. I placed my head on her shoulder, looking at her. I cuddled her, trying to wear her down but she still had her eyebrows scrounged up and eyes focused on the book activity the teacher gave us. Why is it always so hard to get her to forgive me?

 

   “Jessica~” I whimpered, nuzzling her neck. “Why are you so jealous of her…?” I mumbled.

 

  “Tch.” She turned her head, glaring at me and pushed me away. I frowned as I stared at her sadly. She was still indifferent, continuing to answer the activity.

 

  I walked back to my desk and sat down, placing my arms and head on the table in devastation. “Well that wasn’t pretty.” Tiffany commented as she approached me.

 

  “She’s mad at me…what am I going to do…” I sighed.

 

  “What do you usually do when she’s that mad?”

 

  “I don’t know. She’s never been this mad. Doing what I did 2 minutes ago should’ve worked but it didn’t. She’s really mad…” I mumbled with my head faced flat on the desk. “I don’t have someone to eat with during lunch now.” I sighed, moving my head sideways and put my arm as a cushion.

 

   “You can eat with me.” I lifted my head to look at Tiffany, who was smiling at me warmly. I blinked at her confused. “Is that so surprising?” She giggled.

 

   “No…thanks.” I grinned. “But wait…Jessica’s gonna be even more mad.” I sighed.

 

   “So let’s just eat at the rooftop. Nobody ever looks there, right?”

 

   “Yes but there’s a reason.” I looked at her with raised eyebrows. “We’re not allowed there, Tiffany.”

 

   “Maybe you’re not. But if you’re a member of the Literature club with special privileges…” She reached out in her pocket and pulled out a pair of keys. “I think, I think…we can get in.” She grinned, twirling them around.

 

   I smiled widely in enthusiasm.

 

   Just then, the bell rang and the teacher dismissed us, sending the students to be flooding out. I looked around for Jessica. Maybe just one apology before we separate ways. I finally saw her through the crowd but she was already walking out with Donghae’s arm around her. I sighed and looked back at Tiffany. “Let’s go.” I smiled.

 

~~~

 

    “Okay so…tell me about you guys. How’d you meet?” Tiffany asked as she took a final bite of her lunch and stood up, holding out her hand as an invitation to stand up too, I took it.

 

    “Me and Jessica? Hmm…” We both walked to the railings, leaning against them as we faced the whole view of the campus. “She was a new student here last year and she didn’t like big groups so during lunch, she decided to sit with me. After that, I showed her around campus and we decided to hang out more often. The rest is history.” I grinned, stretching out my arms.

 

   “Ah.” She nodded. “Do you remember how we met?” She looked at me with one eye open as the wind was blowing. I looked at her carefully and felt my heart beating slightly faster. The wind in her hair is just so breathtaking…

 

   I blinked and looked away, getting focus back in my head. “Uh-Uhm…yeah. Of course. It…It was a windy afternoon just like this. Jessica and I were walking around the courtyard, she said that she was going to talk to Donghae for a moment so I nodded and walked more without her. I saw a girl under a tree…and it looked like the tears in her eyes were gonna fall any moment.” I looked away, trying not to look at her if not, I’ll blush like mad. “I walked over to her, placing my hand on her head and kneeled beside her, saying, ‘any person who made someone like you cry would be so pathetic’ with a smile and handed her my handkerchief. I asked her, ‘what’s your name?’ as she took the handkerchief; she smiled at me for the first time, wiping her eyes and responded, ‘Tiffany.’” I breathed deep and finally looked at her, meeting eyes. We stared at each other, having deep eye contact until we found ourselves leaning, eyeing at each others lips.

 

   Centimeters away from another hypnotizing kiss…but she pulled away. “Uhm…” She whispered, blinking and looking at me. “Sorry, I was just…”

 

   “It’s fine.” I mumbled. I wanted that kiss.

 

   “I already told you that we can’t happen—“

 

   “I know.” I sighed. “But seriously Tiffany, there’s nothing to get in the way of with me and Jessica, why can’t we be together?” I looked at her with pleading eyes, holding both of her hands.

 

   She smiled lightly, looking at me still. “You’ll see.”

 

  Her answer kept me thinking ever since lunch ended. Throughout classes, I still kept thinking by what she meant and every time I looked at her in desperation, she just smiled and shrugged, only making me more enthralled.

 

~~~

  

   Up until dismissal, nothing kept my mind thinking except for her simple response. How can she have the power to keep me thinking for hours with just one sentence? It’s unfair. She has the ability to confuse me and disorganize my thoughts.

 

   I couldn’t think of anything anymore after countless hypothesizes being countered after every evidence I listed for it. I looked at Jessica and Tiffany back and forth, not once did I get even close to finding at least an answer without anything to disapprove it.

 

   Once the teacher dismissed us, I immediately started to pack up my stuff and catch up with Tiffany, hoping to finally get an answer from her. “Y-Yuri…” A voice mumbled behind me. I turned around, finding Jessica behind me, biting her lip with a troubled expression.

 

   How could I forget…Just because of Tiffany’s moment, I forgot that Jessica was mad at me and I should’ve kept apologizing. The electrical surge went from my mind throughout my whole body, making me jump on my feet. “Jessica! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” I blurted out, bending my knees slightly with a praying position.

 

  “Stop apologizing. You’ve apologized enough…” She smiled slightly, pulling my hands up so I could stand properly.

 

   “I’m still sorry.” I sighed, looking at her worriedly. She giggled lightly and shook her head.

 

   “It’s fine. I’m the one being unreasonable.”

 

   “No no…I shouldn’t have left your house just because of Tiffany, I was—“

 

   “It’s okay.” She said with a sudden stern voice. I stood up straight, looking at her with a surprised face. “I mean…” She sighed and wiped away the imaginary sweat on her forehead from frustration. “I was hurt…it’s the first time that you’ve ever left me for someone else. And it’s definitely the first time that it took more than 2 times to have a jealous fit just so you can start proving me wrong.” There’s a reason for that. There’s a reason for all of those things. I started to blank out Jessica’s words and looked at Tiffany as she packs up her stuff and fixes her hair. I stared at her until she stared at me right back, slowly smiling at me sweetly. I smiled back at her as she left the room with the last 3 people along with her. “Yuri!” Jessica shouted in my face. I focused back on her, finding a hurt and angered expression. “What’s wrong with you?!” She shouted, dropping down and poking me.

 

    “H-Huh?”

 

    “I’m talking to you sincerely and you’re looking at Tiffany. Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany. Tiffany. TIFFANY!” She screamed and hit my arms then turned around to start walking away.

 

     I moved as quickly as I could the moment she turned her back on me and wrapped her arms around my waist. “Jessica…Jessica, wait.” I mumbled, hugging her tightly.

 

     “Leave me alone, Yuri. You obviously have a new best friend…” She mumbled back, surprisingly in a quivery voice. “…even more than that. You guys are together aren’t you…I shouldn’t mess with something I don’t have the right in.” She sniffled. Her arms pulled away from my grip, covering her face as she sobbed.

 

     I froze in that moment. Tiffany’s sentence and Jessica’s state right now, I came up with another hypothesis…but…it’s a long shot.

 

    I unwrapped my arms and moved in front of her, kneeling and pulling down her hands, cupping her face with my hands. “Why are you crying?” I whispered and moved up slightly, kissing her forehead and the tip of her nose before kissing the tears away.

 

   “Kiss me…” She whispered. Her face moved up, looking at me sincerely as more tears fell from her eyes.

 

   “What?”

 

   “Tell me you love me, Yuri. Not Tiffany. Kiss me right now to prove it.” She cried, gripping at my shirt and sobbed even more.

 

   “J-Jessica—“Before I could even react, she leaned and captured my lips hard. Giving it all she got, as if she was making me fall in love with her again. She gripped my shirt even tighter and pulled me closer, kissing me again even if she was panting.

 

   Even though I was enjoying every moment of this, as my feelings were exploding and the warm feeling was spreading all over my body while I kissed her back, I had to pull away as I felt her force herself even if she was out of breath. It even took slight force to push her away. “N-No, Yuri, please just once, I want this moment to last forever.” She whimpered, leaning to kiss me again as she panted.

 

  I held her at the waist and stopped her. “Look at you. You can’t even breathe.” I looked at her helplessly with a smile.

 

  “I don’t care…as long as your lips are against mine.” She mumbled. I noticed her tears were still falling; I used my thumbs to wipe them away since she finally calmed down, panting and letting me clear her face.

 

  I smiled once she finally stopped crying, she looked at me, still with a troubled expression. I leaned and kissed her gently, pulling away after a few seconds, whispering, “I love you…not Tiffany…and to prove it…” I leaned again, kissing her gently yet giving her all I could.

 

  She relaxed and kissed me back, her hands moving up and wrapping them around my neck.

 

  I pulled away, realizing a horrible truth. “What’s wrong?” She asked, slightly frustrated since I pulled away.

 

  “…are you just jealous? Y-You can’t possibly have feelings for me, y-you have Donghae.” I mumbled and stepped back, putting my hand against my lips and walking back to my back, pretending nothing happened. “I-I…Forget everything I said. You must think I’m disgusting.” I said and slipped on my bag.

 

  I turned around to leave but was met with a great force, enough to push me against the wall. I opened my eyes and found Jessica on me, arms wrapped around my neck and legs wrapped around my waist. “I’m jealous for a reason, Yuri.” She smiled and leaned, kissing me again.

 

  I blinked, still getting the gist of her sentence and when I finally got it, I grinned and kissed her back, pulling her closer.

 

  We both pulled away with smiles, placing our foreheads against each other. “Hmm…” She hummed, releasing a sigh through her nose.

 

  “What?” I smiled wide.

 

  “I didn’t realize that you had feelings for me too.”

 

  “I do? I didn’t notice.” I grinned. She giggled and gave me an Eskimo kiss.

 

  “Hm…” She sighed happily. “Does this mean we’re in a secret relationship now?” She smiled eagerly.

 

“Secret?” I asked. My face completely turned into an expression of surprise and confusion. Why does our relationship have to be a secret anyway?  "What?"

 

She looked at me with innocent eyes while being surprised, as if it was the most natural thing to do. "Huh? Of course I'm not breaking up with Donghae."

 

I stared at her in disbelief. "Jessica, if this is gonna happen between us, I don't want you kissing a guy while you're telling me that you love me back." I took my hand back, putting it in my pocket.

 

"H-Huh? No! I just...I can't do that to him. I can't say that we're over just because you and I are together."

 

"That's the perfect reason!!" I said in a higher tone, not keeping my patience any longer.

 

"Think of what he'll think! He'll spread it around the school!"

 

"Why does it matter?! I love you and you love me, who cares what anyone else will think?!"

 

"I do! I don't want anybody staring at me like I'm sort of mental patient!!"

 

"So you're saying that us being together is wrong?!"

 

"YES!" She shouted at me with her face getting red with anger. I stepped back. We stared at each other, not believing what we just shouted at each other. She breathed deeply and scratched her head, looking at me. "I mean...Yuri, no...I--" She stepped forward, reaching for my hands.

 

I stepped back. "...If you think what's happening between us is wrong... like the fact that we're in love with each other then...we shouldn't happen at all. Let's just...go back to being best friends, Jessica. I'll...I'll go walk home alone today." I said in the calmest tone possible yet my heart was breaking.

 

I walked away without her calling me back. I wanted her to call me back, saying that we can work this out, that what she thought was wrong...but no...if something isn't meant to happen then we shouldn't force it. 

 

~~~

 

I couldn’t sleep that night. I was fighting with myself. Well, actually my mind and my heart.

 

My heart was screaming: What are you doing?! You’re gonna wreck the best thing that’s ever gonna happen to you! Jessica loves you back! Isn’t that what you wanted?! Go get your phone and call her!

 

Yet my mind was fighting back…and it was winning. It kept repeating itself to me: Aren’t you hurt by the fact that even though she wants to be with you, part of her doesn’t even want to? What if that gets in the way in the future? You’re setting yourself up for a horrible heartbreak.

 

I tossed and my bed, not being able to find a comfortable spot no matter what I did. I just kept gripping my pillow tightly, wishfully thinking that it’ll take the confusion and heartache away.

 

But of course it didn’t. So I went to school with barely any sleep.

 

I chose a seat at the very side that was next to the window. The air might keep me from the insanity of my thoughts and it was far away from Jessica’s usual seat.

 

“Yah!” Somebody exclaimed and pushed me lightly as she helped herself to the seat next to me. I turned to see Tiffany smiling at me.

 

I felt my soul lighten a bit, remembering that I had a person to talk to this about.  But then my mind whispered to my heart: And another thing…you’ve been falling for Tiffany too, haven’t you?

 

My eye twitched at the completely accurate fact. And at that time, I tried to smile back, making me look like a real creep. Tiffany laughed at the expression I gave her. “What happened to you? You look like you had no rest last night.” She commented and reached out before caressing my tired face.

 

“Y-Yeah…I didn’t sleep at all last night.” I admitted, ignoring the fact that my heart fluttered at her touch.

 

“Really? What happened?”

 

“J-Jess…” I let my sentence hung in the air, seeing her enter the room with her still-beautiful auburn hair. My heart was confused once again, thinking of three things. One, Tiffany. Two, Heartache for Jessica. Three, my yearn for Jessica’s love. We stared at each other for a moment, communicating with only our eyes until Donghae came over to greet her. I didn’t even know what I would say to her now…I just…I just want—

 

My thought was cut in by Tiffany as she said the name to complete it. “Jessica?”  But as I repeated the sentence over and over in my head…”I just want Jessica”…It didn’t seem right. “Hm?” She continued, looking at me with a set of beautiful brown eyes.

 

No, Tiffany…I want you.

 

~~~

 

“Hey, Tiffany.” I mumbled, pretending to copy notes as the teacher continues on with the lecture.

 

“What?”

 

“Let’s have lunch together again.”

 

“S-Sure but…why not go with Jessica today?”

 

I smiled sadly and replied, keeping my composure. “She has her boyfriend.”

 

When lunch came, we both hurried to the rooftop together just like last time. And it was the perfect place to tell stories because no one will disturb us. I just want Tiffany and I to be alone for even just an hour…not just because I need to tell her about Jessica.

 

“So tell me. You’ve looked miserable all morning, what happened? Jessica still hasn’t forgiven you?” Tiffany started, taking a bite of her apple.

 

I set aside my lunch, not even thinking about eating it and just leaned back against the barrier that was behind us and smiled so cheerfully, it didn’t even look like it was out of happiness anymore. “She has.”

 

“Then what?”

 

“We confessed to each other.”  Tiffany sat up straight instantly as she heard my sentence. I chuckled and shook my head at her silliness. “Don’t get excited. We aren’t dating. She reject—No, actually I think I rejected her.”

 

“What..? Why?”

 

I fiddled with my fingers as I told my story. It’s funny how I could tell this story as my heart was aching with every word I spoke. I could barely keep my lip from quivering. I even commanded my own eyes to not cry just for the sake of Tiffany’s concern. “We confessed that we love each other but…” I chuckled bitterly just at the memory of her exact words. “She said that we can’t be together unless we’re a secret…Because our love is disgusting. She didn’t even want to be seen with me even once.”

 

“Oh…Oh Yuri.” She said, sadly and scooted from beside me to in front of me, looking in my eyes. But I knew that if I looked at her back, I’d break…so I averted my eyes to the floor. “So you didn’t let anything happen?”

 

I shook my head. “I…I didn’t want to put myself in that kind of situation. It’ll just end up in unbelievable pain.”

 

“Well, I think you’re very smart.” She smiled and leaned, aiming for my forehead.

 

When I saw her lips already puckering up, I lost control of my body and just went with my instant reflex: I lifted my head and captured her lips.

 

She started to pull away but I reached out and pulled her closer. I’ve wanted this for so long. I didn’t even know how much I wanted it. I just wanted to feel and taste her lips for the longest time.

 

I lingered from her lips, slowly opening my eyes to meet hers. “There was another reason why I could push myself away from her and not regret it that much…” I whispered.

 

We stared deeply in each other’s eyes, getting hypnotized in the moment. “And what’s that?”

 

“…you.”

 

She slowly smiled while biting her lip. “…I’d never think that the sacrificing of my feelings would be just a waste.”

 

I grinned. “That would be a great tragedy.”

 

~~~

 

For the rest of the day, I tried to forget about Jessica. I really did since our feelings for each other were actually dismissed…and thinking about them would be foolish. Especially when Tiffany and I are just spending our time being officially together for the first day ever.

 

But when I saw Jessica being kissed by Donghae when he walked up to her before leading her out of the room, I couldn’t help but stop for a moment because of heartache. I put my bag down and turned to the windows, breathing in and out, trying to stop the heartache by staring at the view of nature. “Yuri. Yuri, look at me.” Tiffany’s voice said beside me.

 

I slowly turned around to meet her concerned eyes. The pain still lingered.

 

She grabbed my hands and leaned, capturing my lips softly…enough to make my heart stop clenching in pain and to start to beat fast and irregularly. When she pulled away, she pecked my lips before whispering, “I love you. Don’t get hurt by Jessica anymore…you have me.” She smiled.

 

“…” I looked at her, stopping to memorize her smile, lips, the sensation of being with her, the feeling of her hands…everything. “I love you too.” I replied before capturing her lips again.

 

~~~

 

(Jessica’s POV)

 

                “Oh wait, I left my notebook!” I exclaimed and let go of Donghae’s hand before rushing to the classroom.

 

When I opened the door slightly, I saw two people at the edge of the classroom, being too close than two people should be.

 

“I love you. Don’t be hurt by Jessica anymore…” Followed by a sentence that was too low for me to hear. I stepped in for a bit, wanting to see who those two people were since I heard my name.

 

My heart was broken by the sight of Yuri and Tiffany…enjoying a kiss between them right after Yuri said, “I love you too.”

 

“…Yuri…” I whispered, feeling a tear slide down my cheek as my heart cried out with waves of heartache.

 

---

 

That’s the end for now ^^ I’ll post the continuation of this by a two-shot, which will take a while since I have to update other stuff ^^

 

 

This was supposed to be YulSic but for the YulTi lovers here…this is a gift for you guys haha. I’ll post a YulSic one-shot to make up for the YulSic shippers who were disappointed ><

 

 

For the YulSic shippers, I swear, I don’t hate YulSic if you’re thinking that HAHA I love YulSic, I swear. It just happens that I’ve posted 1 one-shot that’s a YulSic tragedy and then this with a non-happy YulSic ending. But, hey! I posted a YulSic one-shot that’s a happy one! It was even my first one so please don’t hurt me ^^;;