Crossroad

Between Love

Just to be clear for the sake of the others who might not be following that well since this story wasn't constructed as well as I planned...^^;;

 

Jessica and Donghae are together so Jessica and Yuri are not in a relationship.  They're just best friends. ^^ And to quote Tiffany, "There's more to you guys than just two best friends who have way too much skin contact." ^.^v

 

Well it seems that YulTi is winning everybody's hearts ^^ Like how the people who read my previous fics know about this, I've never posted anything other than Taeny and YulSic for I'm a Royal Shipper. But let's just see the outcome of this 3-shot ^.^v

 

---

 

 

I walked home, frustrated on the lamp-lit streets as the night sky turned into a darker blue, with thoughts scrambled and emotions mixed up. That moment just made me even more confused, I didn’t know what I wanted or thought anymore. Tiffany is just…I want her…she makes me feel like I need her. But Jessica…I can never deny that I am completely in love with her mind, body and heart.

 

      ”I don’t want to get in the way of you two.”

 

     There was nothing to get in the way of. Jessica isn’t in love with me yet I was. Nothing will happen with that. Nothing will ever come with that and it won’t happen, not even one kiss from her. Not one meaningful hug and not one sincere “I love you” as more than a best friend. Not one.

 

    Before I knew it, I was crying.

 

    I sighed and wiped my tears. “You’re so weak, Yuri.” I mumbled to myself.

 

   There really was nothing to get in the way of…except for this pain and heartache, which I would want Tiffany to get in the way of really badly. The thought of something never happening between me and Jessica just kills me…I want to move on, I want to forget my feelings for her. I want to go back to those days where she was just my best friend and I couldn’t be any happier with her. But I can’t…I never move on by myself, there’s always that one thought lurking in my mind, that maybe…she loves me too.

 

    Tiffany isn’t a rebound, ‘cause I’m sure that these feelings inside me during we kiss aren’t nothing.

 

   She’s different…Both of them are.

 

~~~

  

  I got home and pulled my phone out of my pocket, checking the screen, I saw a message.

 

  “Yuri! Are you still near? ‘Cause club practice got cancelled, maybe we can still walk home together.” It read. I looked at the time sent and the clock. Darn, 20 minutes ago.

 

  I pushed the call button, waiting for Jessica to answer.

 

  A bleary voice answered. “Hi Yuri.” I raised my eyebrow at the voice, it was definitely Jessica but she wasn’t alright.

 

  “Jessica? Are you okay?”

 

  “Y-Yeah…I was just…never mind. Why’d you call?”

 

  “I wanted to say sorry that I didn’t get your message early enough. I wanted to walk home with you though. Are you sure you’re okay? Want me to come over?” Silence came over for a few seconds before I heard her inhale, replying,

 

  “Can you come over and hug me really tight until I fall asleep? Just please don’t ask me what’s wrong and don’t force me to say the reason…” I was surprised at her request. I held the phone tightly against my ear and thought about it for a few seconds.

 

   “Mhm. I’ll be right there in a few minutes.”

 

   “Okay…” She said weakly and hung up.

 

   I grabbed my coat and put my phone in my pocket, jogging over to Jessica’s house.

 

  There’s one thing I’m sure about.

 

  My number one weakness and the number one in my heart was Jessica…and it wasn’t going to change any moment now.

 

~~~

 

    I walked to her porch and turned the doorknob, surprised it was left open. Her parents’ cars weren’t here and as I entered the house, it was silent, nothing was and nothing was being bothered. I panted from my jog over here and hung my coat on the rack.

 

    I quietly went up the stairs, turning to the right going to Jessica’s room. I stood in front of the door, breathing deeply a few times and straightening myself up…then I heard sobbing sounds. “Yuri…I need you…please go here faster…” I heard her cry. I widened my eyes and turned the knob, I saw her sitting on one of the corners of her room, hugging her knees as she sobbed.

 

  I walked towards her slowly, kneeling in front of her and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her in for a hug. She flinched at the touch and lifted her head, showing her tear-streaked face and it broke my heart. I frowned and kissed her forehead and the tip of her nose before she wrapped her arms around me, hugging me back tightly, gripping my clothes and crying even harder. “Yuri…Yuri, Yuri.” She cried.

 

  “Sshh…it’s okay…I’m here now.” I whispered as I pulled her closer and I sat down, letting her sit on my lap.

 

  “Don’t leave me…Don’t leave me alone.” She whimpered, burying her head on the crook of my neck. I didn’t even care if her tears were soaking my clothes. This scene was just breaking my heart.

 

  “I won’t. I won’t.” I kissed her head and rubbed her back lightly. “I’m right here, I won’t leave you.”

 

 She nodded and cried more, sobbing even louder.

 

  I was dying to know the reason of who or what made her break down like this but I couldn’t. I’ll find out soon enough or if I won’t, then I’ll just shrug it off and keep my word to Jessica.

 

  I just felt so worthless…I didn’t know what else to do except hug her and let her cry on my shoulder.

 

~~~

 

   After a while, Jessica stopped sobbing and turned silent yet I still felt warm liquid dripping down my neck and her breathing still uneven. I turned my head slightly and kissed her ear before whispering, “You okay now?” She shook her head weakly and buried her face deeper. “Alright…” I glanced at my watch and saw that it was about to be 10pm…getting late. “Hang on, okay?” I dug my hands under her thighs and slowly stood up.

 

  She whimpered. “Don’t go yet, don’t leave me, please Yuri.” She begged, wrapping her arms around my neck, starting to sob again.

 

   “Ssh, Ssh…I won’t. Let’s just move on to the bed so you can rest. Want me to stay for the night?” She nodded. “Okay, just cling on to me as long as you want.” I chuckled.

 

   I slowly walked to her bed and climbed in on my knees. I gently fell down sideways that made her grip me even tighter…it made me smile.

 

   Once we were completely laid out on the bed, Jessica moved closer, cuddling and burying her face again against my neck. “Okay, I’ll just take off my shoes.” I put my arm around her while trying to remove my shoes, kicking them off the bed. I fixed myself around her, wrapping my arm around her waist and then put one under her head. I her hair gently, feeling how soft her hair always was. “…whoever made you cry…I feel sorry for them because they made someone so beautiful shed tears…they’ll regret it for the rest of their life.” I whispered and rubbed her back gently.

 

   I just felt more warm liquid dripping on my neck and arm. I frowned and sighed, just decided to kiss her head and her hair while hugging her tightly.

 

~~~

 

  At some point during the night, I drifted off to sleep…I don’t remember when I did but I had a dream…the details were blurry, I didn’t know where it was or why it was happening but…someone was on top of me. Not Tiffany…Jessica. She was hovering on top of me and I saw her lips move. “Yuri…” Her voice whispered, she leaned closer, I actually felt myself stopped breathing. “I wish I could just call you mine to keep…” She whispered again before leaning even further, pressing her lips against mine.

 

   Electricity ran through me, my heart felt like it was gonna jump from my chest and my body was shocked…I couldn’t even move if I wanted to. It was more complicated than Tiffany…it was more amazing, more breathtaking.

 

 

  Jessica Jung...even if this is a dream...my heart's racing...

 

~~~

 

   I woke up with Jessica still snuggling closely to me, wrapped around my arms, not crying anymore but had a peaceful expression on her face that made me smile. “Good to see that you’re okay now.” I whispered and pat her head.

 

   I slowly tried to unwrap my arms without waking her up but of course, when I tried to pull my arm from under her, she fluttered her eyes open. “…Morning.” She whispered, smiling with her puffy eyes, looking like an eye smile. I chuckled.

 

    “Sorry for waking you up…”

 

    “No it’s okay, we were gonna be late for school.” She mumbled and rubbed her eyes awake. I sat up and stretched, yawning at the same time. “Yuri…” She said in a low voice.

 

    “Yep?” I turned to her.

 

    She sat up and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, surprised. “Thank you…I love you.” She whispered.

 

     I smiled and whispered back. “Anytime…I love you too.”

 

~~~

 

     As I put on the extra clothes I have from Jessica’s closet, since I left some of mine from the previous sleepovers, I thought about that dream again. It gave me electricity every time…I pictured her lips against mine, the soft pillow feeling…I felt speechless, as if she took out all the air in me. I couldn’t say a word.

 

   Tiffany.

 

   I froze, staring at the wall. I remembered Tiffany’s kiss yesterday. My mind was confused again.

 

  I love Jessica. Her kiss took my whole heart, electrifying my whole body and refreshed my entire soul.

 

  Tiffany was…something all new. She made me feel so wanted and needy. She hypnotizes my whole mind.

 

  I covered my face, breathing deeply hoping it’ll clear my mind for at least a second. “I’ll text Donghae to drive us to school.” Jessica called out.

 

 Donghae…Jessica’s boyfriend.

 

“Yeah.” I replied and turned to the wall, pretending to fix my clothes yet I was really in deep thought.

 

  …what am I doing? Why am I so worried? Jessica and I do not have any commitment to each other, she has a boyfriend and she doesn’t care nor will care about my feelings. I should just move on…Tiffany doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Jessica won’t ever even know about any of this, why should she feel guilty? Why should I even feel guilty? No…I shouldn’t. Jessica’s love life doesn’t need me.

 

    I straightened myself up and headed out Jessica’s room. “Where are you going?” She asked, coming from the bathroom.

 

   “I need to see someone. Donghae will pick you up, right?”

 

   “Yeah but Yuri—“

 

   “I’ll see you later.” I said then rushed downstairs, grabbing my coat from the rack and started jogging to school.

 

     I need to see her…I need to know that she’s right there, that whatever happened between us these past few days were real. I’m not asking for more from her…I just need to know that she’s there. I need to know that Jessica’s not my only option.

 

    I rushed up the stairs, going to the 3rd floor, where the library is. She’s part of the Literature Committee which handles all library-related business. I was hurrying up but I don’t know why…it’s not like my life depended on it but…it somehow felt like it. My heart was beating so fast, as if it was telling me that I need her right now or I’m going to suffocate.

 

  I panted, walking through the long hallway…as I reached the end, my heart thumped faster. I wiped my sweat away and breathed a few more seconds, trying to catch my breath.

 

  I peeked through the door’s small window. My heart skipped a beat as I saw Tiffany on a wooden ladder, reaching at a top shelf. The side of lips tugged for a smile, once I entered, my smile never seemed to stop.

 

  I walked behind her, looking up as she arranged the books. “Hmm…that looks fun.” I said in a normal voice, still looking up.

 

  “Yuri?” She turned back down at me and I smiled, waving. “I didn’t—Ahh!” She shrieked as the ladder wobbled and finally dropping sideways, making Tiffany let go.

 

  “Tiffany!” I exclaimed in panic. I stepped forward, putting out my hands, hoping that I would catch her. My mind was in chaos the moment I saw her fall.

 

  I finally relaxed as I felt her body drop on mine, sending us both on the floor. I grunted in pain. Opening one eye, I made sure she landed safely before asking, “You okay?”

 

 “Yeah…” She groaned in pain, placing her hands beside my head, pushing herself up. I opened both of my eyes and found hers staring deeply at mine, making me stare right back. She broke out into a sweet smile, still looking in my eyes. “Hi.”

 

 I couldn’t help but smile back, heart pacing and palms sweating. “Hi…” I whispered. 

 

---

 

Can anybody guess Jessica's reason for breaking down like that? ^^