All About Dancing

❤ F(x), Shinee, SNSD and Exo One-Shots ❤


- All About Dancing -

Jongin eyed the dancer in front of him. Those swift moves, all stringed together, and it looked beautiful even without her trying too hard. As soon as the music ended, she finished off with a pose, breathing heavily. Jongin stood up and clapped loudly, awed with her performance.

"Nice job, Hyoyeon-ssi, but we're still rivals. Don't forget that." He smiled, looking at her.

Hyoyeon blushed at his compliment and bowed to thank him. "Now's your turn Jongin-ssi."

He nodded, before putting in the CD and dancing in sync to the music. It was announced that day, that the both of them were going to be rivals in the upcoming dance competition. Their teachers chose them due to their excellent performance in dance class. 

Now, they were just having a small competition of their own in the dance studio.

 

After two hours of practicing, the two of them got changed out of their sweaty practice outfit and into a new pair of comfortable clothing. Grabbing their bags, they headed out of the school and walked along the streets where there were many roadside stalls.

"What do you want to eat. My treat." Jongin offered, just like a gentleman.

"Uhm...anything, really. I'll be fine with bubble tea too."

"We'll get bubble tea then."

After paying for two, Jongin handed one over to Hyoyeon and took a sip of his. They were walked and drinked at the same time when a call interrupted their so called 'moment'. Jongin checked the caller ID. Turns out, it was his best buddy, Sehun.

"Wassup Hun! Why did you call?"

"Nothing...just checking. I see you're with Hyo noona."

"Wait...what? How do you know? Have you been stalking me?" Jongin exclaimed, looking around for any signs of Sehun.

"Pft! Stalking you? I've better things to do."

Scrutinising closely, Jongin spotted Sehun in a flower store, hiding behind a bunch of tulips.

"Better things to do, huh. By the way, how do you like the smell of those tulips, Sehun-ssi?"

"Tulips? What? Hey! No fair! Hmph, I'm going home." Sehun said and stormed out of the store.

Jongin shook his head, when he remembered, Hyoyeon!

"Hyoyeon-ssi!" He called out. "Hyoyeon-ssi?"

Hyoyeon walked towards him with two ice cream cones in her hand. 

"They were on sale and I thought we should try it." She said, smiling.

"Oh, thank you very much." He thanked and they continued walking while enjoying the ice cream.

 

Soon, it got late and Hyoyeon had to rush home.

"Bye Jongin ssi! Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but we can meet up again another day!" Hyoyeon eclaimed while running off.

"Okay then! Bye!" He called back, waving at the same time.

Jongin felt his heart racing at the thought of the time they spent together that day.

"Calm your heart, Jongin. You're rivals." He told himself while heading home.

 

The competition was just 2 days away and every student was highly anticipating it. Jongin and Hyoyeon have also been practicing together everyday after school and of course, they might have developed a secret crush on each other.

 

[SKIP TO THE COMPETITION]

 

Jongin felt butterflies in his stomach as he stepped onto the stage after his name was called out. Hyoyeon had already danced before him and he personally thought that she did a fabulous job, dancing in sync to the music. He caught Hyoyeon looking at him from backstage as he took his place. She gave him two thumbs up as encouragement.

The beat was played and he let the music take over his body as he bust out his dance moves while the crowd went crazy with the cheering. Soon, the song ended and he bowed gratefully to the crowd before jogging backstage to meet Hyoyeon.

Immediately, she greeted him with a warm, tight hug.

"You did great, Jonginnie!" She beamed.

"T-thanks. You too." He replied and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "What do you say we grab some drinks?"

"Like right now?" Hyoyeon asked, shocked. "Before they announce the results?"

"That will be way later...besides, it'll only take about 15 minutes." He said, hoping that she would agree.

After pondering for a moment, she nodded. "Alright, then."

Jongin's eyes lit up and Hyoyeon blushed a crimson red as he took her by the hand and led her out of the dance hall.