Lunchtime

The Bullied and The Beloved

Lunchtime was one of the most dreadful parts of the school day for Park Jooyeon. All she wanted to do was sit and chow down in piece but the stupid queenkas and kingkas came to bother her and for no reason at all. Today Jooyeon hoped that she would get a break as she sat down to eat her lunch. "Hey, fatty!" Soojung taunted, sauntering over to Jooyeon with her boyfriend Jonghyun's arms around her. "Hmmm, ham and cheese sandwich, two chocolate tarts, a strawberry milkshake, triple chocolate cookies and a chicken caesar salad." Jooyeon mentally cursed out Soojung who was examining her food. "You seem to be very hungry, Jooyeon." "Nah, already ate all the food we saved for the poor survivors of the Typhoon Haiyan." Jonghyung cracked a "joke" which made his y girlfriend laugh. Jooyeon gave him an icy look. "How can you say such a thing? Do you think suffering from a natural disaster is something funny?" She scolded him. "Hey, chill out before I pop you for talking to my boyfriend like that." Soojung warned. Jooyeon immediately looked down and became scared again. Sunyoung walked over. "Oh, hey, Soojung, what are you doing with this ?" Sunyoung joined in on the bullying. "Oh, we're just checking out the amount of food she has." "Hmm, Soojung, this amount of food is dangerous and could lead to obesity which leads to death." Sunyoung looked like an innocent, worried girl for a moment, then she smirked. "Keep eating so much, cow." Jonghyun guffawed. "Moo, moo, moo!" He chanted. Everyone in the lunch room started chanting as Jooyeon tearfully began preparing for eating her food when Soojung stopped her. "We need to do a project on Twitter." Soojung smiled smugly at her boyfriend and best friend. She pulled out her phone and signaled for Jonghyun to go behind Jooyeon. He did as his girlfriend wanted him to and pulled her hair, forcing her to stay still. Sunyoung helped Soojung get the perfect aim and snapped a picture of Jooyeon and her food. "This is an example of overeating, #losesomeweight #cow." Soojung read as she texted it on Twitter sending everyone into a fit of laughter. They started chanting again as Jooyeon ate her lunch. She then finished and ran to the restroom stall to sob until her next period. Why do they hate me so much just for one small thing? Jooyoen wondered as she sobbed until the bell rang.