The perfect stranger

You'll miss the sun when it starts to rain

 It’s past two, kyungsoo can’t sleep. Empty thoughts running through his mind as a marathon.

 

He peeks at he clock, 02.41.

A few cars drive by, everything else is quiet.

The summer night is hot, overwhelming Kyungsoo. Deciding to get some fresh air to help clear his blurry mind he gets up from his now,sweat soaked bed and steps out to the balcony. He smiles at the coolness when his feet touch the marmour floor.

The balcony is furnished with two metal chairs and matching round table, there's a glass ashtray on the table, five flower pots on the ground, each pot had three to four flowers, purple and red geraniums.

Kyungsoos favorite flowers - aside from orchids, white ones.

 

Kyungsoo leans against the glass balcony protection, ruffles his mahogny dyed hair and lets out a sigh. It blows warm breezes and Kyungsoo listens to the birds chirping their morning melodies. Everything starts to come alive, even the dark shadow that covers the night starts to lighten.

Speaking of coming alive, he hears a chough. He hastily turned his head and met the owner of the intense coughings, and

 

there he is.

Standing in the neighbour balcony, and as always, smoking.

Kim Jongin.

Kyungsoos neighbour, a tall boy with beautiful lips or strike that. A beautiful face.

In short, the perfect stranger (as Kyungsoo named him.)

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know much about him, he knew that Jongin were in his ages, maybe a year younger, which made it even more strange that they weren't "friends" since they're just a door from each other, but Kyungsoo and Jongin kind of never had the chance to talk, yeah. Never had the chance for over four months of living next to each other.

Jongin moved in back in January, 13th to be exact.

The day after Kyungsoos birthday, Kyungsoo remembers that day exact because he knocked on his door with a plate of yesterday's left over birthday cake, it was emberassing, like always when talking to Kim Jongin.

The awkwardness between them started from day one, unfortunately.

 

Kyungsoo tried to talk to him a few times but Jongin gave him shortened answers and rushed away from Kyungsoo, so he gave up after a while, the full story just calls for awkward hi and hellos and then watching the ground until one of them walks away. (this went on for two months until the tables turned and Kyungsoo left first, Jongin had the role of the first leaving person.)

But Kyungsoo knew something else about him, Jongin is an excellet dancer, he used to watch him dance in the balcony from time to time when he watered the flowers in his balcony, he admired how good Jongin danced but tilted his head down and mind his own affair after a while to not get caught. Better safe than sorry. (you learn from your mistakes)

He used to visit the dance studio to support his best friend Yixing, the leader of Jongins dance group as well as the owner of the studio, Kyungsoo was supposedly there for Yixing, but somehow did his eyes always catch Jongin dance instead. Kyungsoo couldn't take his eyes of the the youngster when he danced, every step filled with passion. But Jongin never noticed him, at least that’s what he thought. And even if he did would Kyungsoo never admit.

 

Never.

 

 

Kyungsoo flashed a shy smile “Can’t sleep?” His eyes met a stiff gazed Jonging.

 

“It’s too bright..you?” Jongin took his time to respond, finishing the cigarette. He then took one more out of the packet. Lit it up, seems like Jongin likes chainsmoking. He just seemed like the type of guy that chainsmokes at 3 in the morning to calm down his pain while looking like someone forced him to stay awake, how cliché. Kyungsoo though.

 

“you’ll miss the sun when it starts to rain” A shy smile crept on Kyungsoos face when he saw Jongin looking at him, not responding just watching Kyungoo, Jongin stretched his arm to the next door balcony holding the pack of cigarettes. “Here..a good-night o-one”. He shyly smiled and looked at the ground. He knew these were Kyungsoos favorite.

 

Red Marlboro.

 

Kyungsoo accepted Jongins gesture and took a cigarette out of the packet along with the dark blue lighter.He lit it up and took a puff, allowing the smoke to travel down his lungs. He didn’t realise how much he was craving the nicotine until it entered his body. Right, he was out of cigarettes, and all the packs at home were empty, didn't bother stocking up either. Strange for someone like Kyungsoo, who smokes almost half a pack each day.

The day were clearly strange, in many different ways.

 

Blowing out the smoke Kyungsoo placed the lighter back into the packet and passed it back to Jongin who were watching Kyungsoos actions the whole time. Admiring how Kyungsoos slender fingers took the cigarette out and placed it between his fingers, then beteween his lips. His eyes were glued on Kyungsoo when his eyebrows furrowed while he tried to lit the stick, he watched every move he did.

Kyungsoo noticed.

 

Cheeks turning slightly pink.

Oh no Do Kyungsoo is blushing.

 

 

“Thanks

"You're welcome"

It would be impossible to hear him if you were a little further away, but Kyungsoo heard.

Because of the almost shoulder touching closeness, if the thin wall didn't they would maybe be shoulder touching.

 

Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo. There was something special about this boy. He didn't know anything about the perfect stranger aside from his name. Do Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo seemed to be someone really different from people he knew, he was something different, mysterious, just an amazing set of flesh and bones. Jongin used to see him visit the mirror room when he had dance classes, he loved how Kyungsoo watched him dance, not taking his eyes off him. But he tried to act like he didn't notice so Kyungsoo wouldn't stop, because dance classes were the only time he saw him sometimes, besides from the half second greetings he used to run away from without eye contact in the doorstep, which didn't satisyfy his desire to see the older boy.

 

Kyungsoo felt shy when he noticed how Jongins eyes were fixed on him.

There was something special about how he looked at Kyungsoo, something hid in his glance, a fire. A fire ready to burn down everything it touched. That fire scared Kyungsoo, too. Because of the fact that he's quick to push, to shove, and the first to point the finger. And all of this could be the reason to an end. But how could it end when it had not started yet? He didn't understand why he got so affected by the young boy,they were strangers right? Strangers living next to each other, nothing more and nothing less.

 

They stood there, quietly. No talking, no sound at all.

It was peaceful, the quiet didn't feel awkward nor tense, Kyungsoo opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. And he was strangly thankful for it, because he didn't know what to say and frankly, didn't want to speak his mind.

 

"We're apt to fall in love with those who are mysterious and challenging to us"

 

Kyungsoo felt Jongins eyes on him throughout the time they spent together, not sure if he liked it or not. He smiled at Jongin, trying to let him know without words that he saw him staring, but it didn't work. Jongin kept staring and Kyungsoo couldn't pinpoint why the youngster were able to stare right at him but not able say hi in the doorstep without running away after a second.Jongin is strange, perfectly strange.

 

Jongin didn't know why he liked how confused Kyungsoo got by his looks, all Jongin did was looking at him and he felt the red haired boy tense up. Did he get offended?

He didn't know, didn't ask for it either (Actually died to ask but were to shy to open his mouth and ask if Kyungsoo felt uncomfortable by his looks - as expected from shy Kim Jongin.)

 

A lump of sadness settled down inside of Jongin, the attachment felt stupid somehow. Attached to someone he didn't know, attached to a stranger. He felt himself drawn to Kyungsoo. How could you have such feelings for someone you didn't know? Maybe was it the unknown that captured his attention. He didn't know. But didn't question it either, he didn't question anything except the main character, Kyungsoo. Jongin wanted to know more about him. What did he do on his free time? Which side of the bed did he sleep on? What were the things that left him awake at 3 in the morning? All these questions were left unanswered, and Jongin felt desperate for answers, desperate for Kyungsoo, but he knew time would bring itself along with all the answers.

 

Speaking of time,

time escaped along with the smoke from the cigarettes into the air. And the clock showed 03.54. Jongin felt dumbfounded for standing there for over an hour leaving Kyungsoo and himself quiet when he actually had so many questions and answers to give and recive.

He quickly made something stupid to escape the awkward air that had been there for a while now, and said goodbye to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo waved goodnight, and Jongin offered a shy smile and the two men went in to their bedrooms as if they're both getting sleep, more like waved goodbye to sleep. Both wishing they spent the whole night together. Jongin felt a spark inside his heart when the picture of Kyungsoo smile popped up in his head, he felt a bit(a lot) of regret as well. He didn't understand why he said that he was going to sleep when he actually wanted to spend the whole night on the balcony with him, but on the other side was he too shy to even make a sound, so he ran away from him, as always, On the other hand

Kyungsoo thought about Jongin the whole night. He couldn't shake the feeling, the seed of love planted itself right in Kyungsoos chest. It takes a while to grow anything before it's coming to the end of the love cycle, it scared him. Coming to the end of something scared him. The end of happiness, end of sadness, end of Jongin.

 

 

Ends scared him.

 

 

 

It rained for the following days and Kyungsoo woke up from the raindrops crashing down to his window, with lips curling into a smile. Rain, his favorite weather. Kyungsoo was someone who would walk in the rain when others just got wet. There was just something special about rain, how it washed everything away, it was soothing to listen to as well, he thought. He opened the window in his room to let the fresh rainy breeze enter, and then left into the kitchen. Deciding to whip up some pancakes with fresh fruit cut up besides, Kyungsoo went through the ingretients and realized that he had no milk in hand (one of the many disadvantages of being lactose intolerant, as if there's an advantage with it), and as a finishing touch did mother nature let Kyungsoo down with the intense rain aswell, even though Kyungsoo liked rain was it bothering him for making his life harder right now.

He'd get soaking wet if he tried to walk to the grocery store, and then without fail get sick.

 

Kyungsoo decided to ask a neighbour for some milk enough to make some breakfast, even though it was a bit burdensome for him, he would of course pay it back next time he went grocery shopping.

He wasn't someone who would just lie on it, and the neighbours knew him well after the two years of living in the same building. Kyungsoo lived on the fifth floor, which had two apartments on one floor, and the biggest one in the building, with a huge balcony whom he shared with the so called perfect stranger, Kim Jongin, only a thin wall separating them. The first floor was empty ever since he moved in, Mr. Park lived on the second floor along with his wife and two kids (suprisingly really quiet for being kids), on the third floor lives so called Kyungsoos grandmother, a detached old lady who used to say that she had a son of his age that reminder her of him. Kyungsoo felt sorry for the old lady, he never asked about her son and what happened to him but it seemed like she really missed him, Kyungsoo respected her a lot, like his own grandmother.

And lastly, the fourth floor, another family, the Chois. Kyungsoo actually never saw them due their jobs. But couldn't care less to be honest.

 

Kyungsoo searched for his cooking book in his desktop drawers, he had a folder for each category, blue was for payed bills, yellow for important papers like computer insurance and such things like that, green for month's bill & outgoes.

And red, for cooking magazines and recepies. He went through the folder and seached for the pancake recepie, he knew it by heart but wanted to be sure about all the measurements, typical paranoid Do Kyungsoo.

 

 

Pancakes

2.5 cups flour

0.5 tsp salt

6 cups milk

3 eggs

about 50 g of butter

 
 

Kyungsoo flashed a smirk for the confirmation, as knowing the whole recipe by heart, the only thing that was left were to put his pants and shoes on, and a knock on one of the 4 neighbours door, not fully sure who to ask, maybe one of the famillies? They'll have milk on hand right? He felt nervous all of a sudden, what if they'd denied his request? He could probably just run to the market, a flue won't kill right? It's better than getting a "oh we're out of milk, sorry." and a shut in the face right? Yeah it won't.

 

Chasing for his wallet and keys inside his sweatpants pockets, just to make sure he had everything he needed, Kyungsoo once again, as he always does, changed his path to not cross over his comfort zone. He hastly put on his shoes and grabbed his grey and brown mixed moncler jacket and went out of the door. He checked the door, and then went to the elevator lobby, Kyungsoo pushed the botton and waited inpatiently for one of the two elevator to come. A direct hit and Kyungsoo had in less than 15 seconds company while waiting for the elevator.

Kim Jongin.

He felt his cheeks redden and body heat up with a rush, the rush was warm, making him swelter.

"Hi, Kyungsoo" The tall boy spoke. It may be the first time he actually talked first.

Usually did Kyungsoo start off the conversation, which never lasted more than two minutes.

"Hello, Jongin" Kyungsoo flashed a smile. His eyes followed Jongins actions, which seemed kind off stressed out, as if he just wanted to run away. Why did he act like this, it made Kyungsoo uncomfortable. Never had he seen someone act like this when he talked to that person. It kind of made him upset as well, but he tried to conceal the irritation since he knew nothing about the boy, he was just shy, as it seemed like. Which was cute, being Kim Jongin kind of shy was cute. The irritation washed away along with the rain and replaced itself with other feelings, such as admiration.

 

"Where are you going Jongin?"

"Going to get some breakfast, had nothing but milk and fruit in the fridge.. Where are you going?" Jongin felt at ease after actually having a longer conversation with Kyungsoo, it wasn't as bad and embarrasing as the though it'd be. Jongin offered a big smile, a real one, not one of those awkward forced ones he usually gave to Kyungsoo. A real one, flashing his pearly whites.

"I'm going to get some milk to make pancakes, actually, wanna join me for some breakfast?, It's boring to eat alone and you dont seem like a good cook" He didn't understand where all the confidence came from, especially now, when he for the maximum of five minutes ago were panicing over knocking on a neighbours door for some milk.

 

That's what love does to you, folks.

 

Kyungsoo finally had the opportunity to get to know the perfect stranger, which was scary but exciting at the same time, the fear of rejection was on a run inside of that head of Kyungsoo. He. Could. Not. Get. Rejected. Nope. It just couldn't happen.

His little love plant he had grown inside of his heart would feel trampled.

"I'd love to, Kyungsoo" Curious about how he knew he was horrible in the kitchen, Jongin chuckled.

Kyungsoo felt a spark inside of him, like if he was going to explode of intense joy. Oh my god. He's going to spend time with the perfect stranger, Jongin. Kim Jongin. Finally.

 

 

"So, Jongin. My place or yours?"

 

"Mine?"

 

"Works."

 

 


Jongin, along with Kyungsoo.

Stood infront of Jongins frontdoor. Struggling with finding his keys, Jongins face turns a shade of red when he sees how Kyungsoo stares at him with eyes wide as the moon. "Where's the ing keys" Jongin curses under his breath quietly, so quietly that even he can't hear what he's saying.

"E-everything alright?" Jongin heard a unsure voice behind him, Kyungsoos voice to be exact. Jongin turned around and looked towards the wide-eyed guy in front of him. Lost himself in his eyes, and arrived in another world for a few seconds before Kyungsoo turned his gaze downward. Realizing that he was staring at the poor boy, Jongin cleared his throat and tried to answer with a voice so stable as possible (stable voice my ) "G-good, found it" He finally found his stupid keys, Kyungsoo thought. Kyungsoos expression changed into a shy smile when he saw that jongin fished the keys out of his pocket, thank god. The fifteen seconds they stood there felt like forever soaked in embarrassment.

The first thing that caught Kyungsoos attention when the door opened were how the sun was drowning Jongins house. Everything was bright, the window blinds was all rolled up in order for the sun to enter without anything stopping it.

White walls,

filled with nothing but

nervous paces

 
He felt cheated, as they walked into someone else's house and not Jongins. Was Jongin really the owner of such a uplifting house? He was confused, pleased and a little more confused.
The picture of Jongin was wrong from the start, and it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. Kyungsoo liked it bright and clean. (And he liked Jongin) Two birds with one stone kind of situation.
Oh god. Kyungsoo was so pleased right now. 
"Wow...so brigt in here" Kyungsoo was whispered.
"Yeah..it's good to let the sun in sometimes". Jongin chuckled nervously.
 
Not sure what to do, Jongin started to remove his shoes and undress the big jacket off him, Kyungsoo followed the young boys actions and removed his jacket along with his nikes.
"I may take that" Jongin took his jacket along with his own and walked towards the large mirrored wardrobe in the hall further away. The hall were oblong, and had a sophisticated feeling to it, white and so clean. Kyungsoo liked it. Just everthing in this house and everyone living in this house. A lot.
 
Silver framed portraits of Jongins family captured Kyungsoos attention. Little Jongin, his mother, father and two older girls. Probably his sisters, Kyungsoo thought.
They look very happy

 

Like the portraits in the halls,

can't help but think,

I wish you were staring back at me.

 

"It's me, my parents and my older sisters.." A smile crept on Jongins face when he saw Kyungsoo full focused on the portraits. "You're the youngest one in the family, right?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin. He was very curious, to be honest.

Jongin nodded, smiled slightly.

"How old are you?, why do you live alone?" Kyungsoo asked abruptly, not realizing how burdensome that was, only after actually speaking, maybe he went too far for actually their first actual meeting.

"Why are you asking so much?" Jongin raised an eyebrow. But immediatly regrettet his reaction. 

"S-s-sorry" Kyungsoo studdered.

These kinds of questions made Jongin nervous. No one actually asked him so much about himself, this was a first. It was weird that someone was curious about him, Jongin was a very private person as well. So he wasn't fond of these questions at all. But seeing Kyungsoo looking at him terrified, and ashamed of not controlling his tongue. He decided to answer the question, and not notice the pain he felt meanwhile he spilled the answer out.

 

"I'm 20..

He let out a sigh

I'm apart from my family because I'm doing something they don't agree with me doing..Kind of." Jongin said slowly, a bitter tone traveled up from his throat. Taking his time to finish the sentence which carried a bad memory along itself and replaced itself inside of him. But he spoke the answers Kyungsoo were longing for even if it hurt, strangely. He felt satisfied over the fact that Kyungsoo were curious about him, his heart was swollen and needed a relief, but only time could confirm whether it would be kyungsoo who would lighten the heaviness Jongin had inside of him.

Expectations of being equal as curious started growing inside of Jongin, only because he was curious too. He wanted to know everything about Kyungsoo, every stupid little fact about him. For example how he goes to bed, if he likes darker blue colors or lighter blues. When he started smoking and how he hid it from his parents, if he was picked on when he was younger. Things you only think about yourself, thoughs you can't share with anyone. He needed all the facts that could add a drop of water to the love flower he planted for Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo felt bad for asking such a question, and you could tell just by looking at him. He stood there, in the hall, awkwardly pulling the hem of his sweater.

"Aren't you hungry? Let's cook" Jongin patted Kyungsoos shoulder, trying to change the subject, which worked - "Yeah let's do that, where's your kitchen" Kyungsoo replied quickly, grateful that Jongin changed the subject before it started to get bitter.

"Second door, left" Jongin smiled.

Kyungsoo went ahead while Jongin followed into the contemporary kitchen. The kitchen was designed with black marble, black and silver detailed appliances, electronics which made it look classic and expensive. The kitchen was pretty familiar to Kyungsoo, except for the color Jongin choose to use as a base. Kyungsoos kitchen was all white instead of black. He liked white much better.. it looks cleaner, he thought. But Jongins kitchen was very tidy and elegant, this boy kept amaze Kyungsoo the more time they spent together in here. What's next? A good chef Jongin? Slow down Kyung, he thought. That's a high expectation.

Jogin walked over to the fridge and waited for kyungsoo to start counting up all the ingredients for pancakes, he didn't know the ingredients (he could hardly crack an egg), so it was hanging on Kyungsoo if they wanted to eat breakfast today. "Kyungsoo, what do we need to make these pancakes?" Jongin eyed the inside of the fridge, the first thing that caught Kyungsoos eyes were the asparagus.

Ok does he even know how to cook it? Kyungsoo was astonished.

"We need milk, egg and butter - also flour and a pinch of salt - oh and some utensils like a bowl, measuring cups, knife and a whisk. But i don't think you keep it in the fridge, or?" Kyungsoo teased Jongin and Jongin frowned in response. It was fun because Jongin would actually keep flour in the fridge and they both knew this. Jongin took out the ingredients and placed them on the kitchen counter, Jongin bent down and opened a big cabinet under the counter and took out the flour - unopened and sealed in a plastic bag. As Kyungsoo expected, really. Kyungsoo stood behind the counter and slowly began to open the untouched flour package while Jongin finished bringing the utensils along with the main equipment - the frying pan.

Kyungsoo started mixing everything and was done before Jongin could ask if he could go through the recipe slowly so he could learn and cook it sometime, but damn that kid was fast as lightning. So Jongin didn't address it, instead started cutting up strawberries, bananas and started plate up for two while Kyungsoo started frying the first pancake. Jongin sat down on the ready-laid table and watched Kyungsoo flip pancake after pancake. Everything went as normal and normal means, awkward stares, shy smiles and mouths closing without saying anything. Until Kyungsoo let out a high pitched "Ah" along with Jongin jumping off his chair to help the slightly burned Kyungsoo. A typical cooking injury - burning fingers. Jongin reached out and grabbed Kyungsoos left hand to see what happened "Fast. Rinse with cold water!" Jongin took big steps towards the faucet and turned the cold water on, Kyungsoo followed, in smaller steps and placed his fingers under the water. Jongin watched Kyungsoo breathless, seeing him in pain made Jongin panic and feel uneasy, he tried to conceal his feelings but failed, pretty hard. He knew, it wasn't that bad but couldn't help himself worry about the (pretty big eyes, Jongin likes kyungsoos eyes so nicknamed them) boy. "It's okay Jongin, it's just a burn." Kyungsoo shut down the water and walked towards the stove top.

Yeah might be the smallest burn for Kyungsoo but Jongin won't understand

"Let me find some band-aids" Jongin left the kitchen and disappeared towards the hall. Kyungsoo smiled shyly. He came back with two band-aids in less than thirty seconds. "Thanks" Kyungsoo watched Jongin wrap the band-aid onto his finger slowly, with gentle movements, and moved on to the next one. Jongin smiled in response.Gosh he's perfect up-close, Kyungsoo almost spoke his mind loud. Kyungsoo got back to flippin' pancakes and Jongin got back to watching the perfect stranger in his kitchen, cooking breakfast for the two. Just like a fairytale, a prince who saves his princess. Kyungsoo saved Jongin from starving this morning, a strange fairytale. Perfectly strange.

 

After approximately 20 minutes later was the result eleven golden brown pancakes. (One a bit burned due the little moment they had when Kyungsoo burned himself). Jongin lastly took out the 1 liter half chocolate half vanilla ice cream and placed it on the table along with a spoon stuffed in the middle of it. Bad timing. Typical mistake, bringing out the frozen food out last, how was he thinking here? Kyungsoo watched Jongin tuck the spoon inside the ice cream with all his strenght. Adorable, yet stupid.

Kyungsoo started dividing the pancakes into the two plates. He put six on Jongins plate and left the last five for himself, grabbed both of the plates towards the table and placed one plate in front of Jongin.

"Hey, why do i have more?" Jongin protested when he saw the six pancakes on his plate. "Just eat it" Kyungsoo silenced him, he believed. Until Jongin sliced the sixth pancake in two and laid the half on his plate.

"Equal."

 

Kyungsoo watched the boy eat his five and a half pancake with almost the entire ice cream box happily. He's such a child. Everything he does is childish. It's cute, how the hell is he even alive? Does he know how to make a proper meal? Or does he eat toast for each meal? If so, why does he keep all these ingredients here? Asparagus? Asparagus toast..Does he even know how to make a toast? Should i invite him for dinner.. 

They ate in silence, not that kind of awkward silence they used to witness. It was comfortably quiet, like those silent moments you share with your best friend or family, it's safe, no need for empty words fill the air. The air was full of safety itself. The only sound was the silver cutlery hitting the plates, and also their smoker's cough who took turns. Needless to say something they both wanted to share. "Thank you, it was very nice." Jongin thanked Kyungsoo sweetly after finishing their breakfast and picked up the plates. Kyungsoo looked around the kitchen with abnormally wide eyes full focused while Jongin filled the kettle with some water, enough for ten people. (Perfect eyemeasurement honestly.)

"Coffee?" Jongin asked Kyungsoo, who was still lost inside his own little "Inspect-jongins-kitchen world".

"I-i dont like coffee, do you have t-tea?" Kyungsoo said shyly, as he apologised for not liking coffee. "And i dont like tea" Jongin shot back. Kyungsoo turned a shade of red, eyes wide as saucers. Why did he even ask for something else? Damn it, just take what you get.

Kyungsoo felt burdensome.

"Let's have tea!" Not able to play upset for any longer Jongin grinned and smiled widely so his eyes disappeared. Kyungsoo chuckled nervously and nodded. Heart almost jumping off his chest, Kyungsoo took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. 

Douche 

"Please, sit down" Jongin directed Kyungsoo towards the bar chair look-alike black leather chairs in front of the long kitchen counter. Kyungsoo selected the chair in the middle and sat down gently. He watched Jongin pour the boiling water into two marvel comics mugs and a bit onto the counter. How childish, Kyungsoo smirked at the sight of the mugs. Jongin then opened the cabinet right over his head and turned over to Kyungsoo "Pick" he pointed to all the various tea arranged in what kind of tea it was, everything from herbal teas, black tea, fruity ones..and even white tea.

Jongin had a lot of herbal teas such as green tea, ginger, camomile tea, Melissa tea and red ginseng tea. "And i dont like tea" Kyungsoo repeated Jongins comment inside his head. "I'll have camomile please" He replied quietly. "Ohh...Herbal. Me like" He flashed a cocky smile and dropped one teabag each and brought the mugs to the table. Jongin placed Kyungsoos mug in front of him and dropped a teaspoon inside of it. "Thanks" Kyungsoo responded to his sweet gesture. Jongin dropped two sugar cubes and stirred his tea fast, he also noticed that Kyungsoo removed the teaspoon - he drinks tea sugarfree, plain and simple, but full of spice - just like himself.

They sipped their tea in the silent ambience as before. One sip - one glance - another sip, another glance. The boys kept doing this until they finally saw the bottom of their cup, yes that was just what they did, staring at each other with a very creepy expression mixed with nervous half smiles. Kyungsoo was the first one to break the silence, not sure why but suddenly had the urge to say goodbye, he stood up and thanked Jongin (who were literally all over the place thanks to the sudden decision Kyungsoo made) for everything and then left the mug in the sink and his heels toward the exit.

"What are you going to do later today?" Jongin asked Kyungsoo. His eyes widened at the sudden question, what was he even going to do later? "Um, nothing." Kyungsoo felt his cheeks heat up. Without any response coming from Jongin, the aura became weighty, asking such question put a not so sweet lump inside of Kyungsoos stomach. Maybe Jongin was lost at words? Which he was, but since mind reading isn't over the level of humanity, Kyungsoo could only guess. Jongin was really lost at words, he didn't even know why he asked him what the hell he was up to later. Nor was it any of his business, but he said nothing more. Afraid of messing it up even more, he let the clock hanging in the hall make the only sound.

The clock was adding more aniexity to him.

 

What a beautiful way of ending it with Kyungsoo, Jongin thought. The perfect stranger itself. "Um, can i have my jacket?" Kyungsoo said with a unsure voice.

Jongin nodded and went towards the wardrobe in the hall, handed Kyungsoo his jacket and watched him hastily put on his shoes and unlock the door. "See you soon" Kyungsoo turned back to Jongin and placed a light kiss on Jongins cheek and walked out of the door with big steps, unlocked the electronic door in front of the one he came out from and walked in.

The door shut close.

 

I don't want to get caught

The feelings I have for you

But,

I don't care

I'll let it show.

 

Jongin froze in place. Not sure how to even start feel the feelings he was ready to burst out, he stood in front of his opened door and stared at the door ahead. Kyungsoos door, to be exact. Closed it after a good twenty seconds or so.

Jongin smiled the rest of the day.

 

 

Jongin was indeed strange, he doesn't like tea - but keeps a whole freaking cabinet of it. He can't cook, but owns almost everything that you need to cook, more ingredient than a person who cooks on a daily basis, it's nothing you see everyday, especially not with someone who lives alone. He asks a question but won't continue the sentence/question whatever he wanted to say, was this really how he was or just his bad luck today? But then again, maybe were they both unlucky today, or maybe was it their lucky day, it's about how you see it. Yes there was a lot of awkward moments but it was written in the stars. They made breakfast together, ate together. And it was just like a dream for Kyungsoo.

 

The only thing that circulated inside of Kyungsoos head the rest of the day was Jongin, and his behavior around the boy. He felt a sweetpain inside of him. Butterflies inside his stomach and a fire on each cheek. And Jongins unstable reaction when he kissed him, it made him nervous. Nervous because of unmatching feelings. 

 

Kyungsoo had a chance to see a sneak peak of Jongins life and it was great, everything went great,but why did he only cling to Jongins awkward question?

 

Because that's the only sign of interest.