01

That One Person

That One Person

It was around half past 9 in the morning when Jessica felt something gently poking her right cheek continuously. She stirred in her sleep but she still refused to open her eyes and wake up.

“Wake up, sleepyhead~.” A husky whisper was heard. The owner of the voice whose name was Tiffany kept on poking Jessica’s right cheek while she kept on trying to wake Jessica up.

“Go away, Tiff. Let me sleep.” Jessica whined as she rolled over to the other side giving her back to Tiffany.

Tiffany climbed onto the bed and grabbed a pillow.

“You already had too much sleep, Jessie. Wake up now!” Tiffany hit Jessica’s with the pillow. She had to do the hard way since her soft way earlier was not working.

Jessica was never a morning person.

“5 more mins, Tiff.” Jessica said, still refused to open her eyes.

“Your 5 mins usually means 5 hours so I’m not giving you that 5 mins.” Tiffany said.

But Jessica was still frozen on her spot and she didn’t show any signs of waking up soon so Tiffany drew her final card in her attempt of waking Jessica up which worked every single time.

Tiffany moved closer to Jessica’s face and kissed her cheek.

Jessica’s eyes immediately shot open as soon as that kiss landed on her cheek. Out of all the things that Tiffany had done, the kiss was the only thing that could wake Jessica up.

Tiffany smiled victoriously when she saw Jessica opened her eyes.

Like I said, it works every single time.

“I’m going to make breakfast now, make sure you’re fully dressed for work by the time I finished making breakfast.” Tiffany said before she left to make breakfast.

Jessica touched her kissed cheek and blushed while a smile automatically formed on her lips.

Strangely enough, Jessica didn’t feel sleepy any longer. Just 5 mins ago, she was impossible to wake up but that kiss just turned things around.

She loved getting a kiss in the morning, especially if it came from Tiffany.

There was no better way of starting her morning.

 

***

 

Fully dressed in work attire, Jessica then took a seat next to Tiffany who was sipping her coffee.

Tiffany made the typical American breakfast for both of them. Although, it was just simply a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon, Jessica loved it. It had been a while since she last ate a proper breakfast because of her work as a photographer was so demanding and of course, her difficulty of waking up early.

“It has been a while since you last came to my place.”

“So, what are you doing in my apartment early in the morning?” Jessica asked.

“To wake the owner of this apartment who is a level 100 sleepyhead.”

Jessica laughed hearing Tiffany’s remark.

“I’m sorry okay. It’s hard to be a morning person.”

“I’ve been hearing the same thing since we were in our university years in the States.”

This time, Jessica didn’t have anything to say so she answered with a laugh.

“You do remember that today is the day of the photo session with my magazine right?” Tiffany asked as she mixed her scramble eggs.

“Yes, Miss Editor Hwang.”

“Great.” Tiffany flashed her charming eye-smile to Jessica.

Jessica picked up her spoon and scooped a little bit of the scrambled eggs.

She put down her spoon back to the plate after she tasted it.

Tiffany noticed Jessica stopped eating after taking a bite.

“What’s wrong? Does it taste bad?” Tiffany wondered. She had made this countless times and there was no way she made it wrongly.

“No, it doesn’t taste bad.”

“Then?”

“It’s just that it doesn’t taste right.”

Tiffany raised her eyebrow in confusion after hearing Jessica’s remark. She didn’t get what Jessica was saying.

Tiffany tasted her scrambled eggs. It tasted fine to her.

She then tasted Jessica’s scrambled eggs.

“It tastes just fine, Jessie.” Tiffany said.

“Really? Give me some.”

“Ahh~~” Jessica opened and waited for Tiffany to feed her the supposedly bad-tasting scrambled eggs.

Tiffany fed Jessica the scrambled eggs.

“Again.” Jessica asked for another spoon of scrambled eggs from Tiffany and Tiffany complied.

“Eh? Why did it taste so good when you fed me?” Jessica made a failed surprise face to Tiffany.

She then flashed a mischievous grin to Tiffany.

Tiffany then realized it was Jessica’s trick.

“Ah, you tricked me!”

Jessica laughed seeing Tiffany’s reaction. She loved it when the latter fell for her tricks.

“Silly.” Tiffany knocked Jessica’s head and they laughed together.

“Ahh~” Jessica opened for another bite of scrambled eggs.

Tiffany rolled her eyes and laughed but she complied anyways.

Jessica loved being spoon-fed when she was feeling lazy but it was also one of her ways of getting some attentions. She loved getting attentions from Tiffany. It made her felt loved.

“How would you live without this bestfriend of yours, Jessie.” Tiffany shook her head and giggled.

Jessica turned to Tiffany and she gave a small smile.

Jessica felt torn hearing the word bestfriend. Tiffany would always see her as her bestfriend, nothing more. On the contrary, Jessica was head over heels for Tiffany. She would give up anything just to be with her. She had loved her since the first time she laid her eyes on her.

Becoming roommates with Tiffany during their university years was a blessing but Jessica knew too well to never go beyond the boundaries. Tiffany was the reason why she was grateful for being alive every single day and she didn’t wanna lose that reason.

Being together with Tiffany like this was already a blessing and Jessica was more than grateful that she had the chance to be this close with Tiffany although she wanted more but she knew well that greedy people would always lost everything in the end.

After their breakfast session, they went to work together since they were heading to the same place anyways.

 

***

 

Mind to drop me some comments? :)