Career

Kim So-Eun's Page
  • Kim So-Eun debuted her acting in Two Guys (2014) when she was a junior high school student.
  • She then appeared in minor roles on TV and film
  • Kim So-Eun's popularity rose higher when she got the role as the heroine's best freind in Boys Over Flower
  • Kim gained praise for her versatility since she also portrayed Chae Shi-ra's childhood counterpart Hwangbo Soo in the period epic Empress Cheonchu, for which she learned how to ride a horse and shoot with a bow and arrow

  • Later that year, she joined the cast of romantic comedy series He Who Can't Marry, a remake of Japanese drama Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.

  • She landed her first leading role in the 2010 daily drama A Good Day for the Wind to Blow (also known as Happiness in the Wind), which further raised her Korean Wave profile.

  • She then starred in weekend drama A Thousand Kisses (2011-2012), which explored age differences in relationships.

  • In 2012, she starred in the ten-episode Chinese drama Secret Angel, which aired on the portal website Sohu.com.

  • She returned to Korean television in the cable drama Happy Ending.

  • That same year, she also appeared in Music and Lyrics, a reality show in which an actress and a male musician are paired together to collaborate, as lyricist and composer respectively, in creating a song. So-Eun and Lee Junho (from boyband 2PM) composed the song "Love is Sad," which Lee also recorded; it was released as a single and featured on the soundtrack of Feast of the Gods.

  • After playing Princess Sukhwi in the period epic Horse Doctor (also known as The King's Doctor, 2012-2013), Kim starred in After School: Lucky or Not (in the Korean title, bokbulbok refers to a game of chance, literally meaning "Luck, No Luck"), which was distributed via SK Telecom's online and mobile portals. Kim played a timid girl who gets invited to a high school club, and encounters fantastical "missions" every episode, which draws out her bright, lively personality.

  • She and Victoria Song (member of girl group f(x)) were also chosen to host Glitter, a variety show on the lives of trendy twenty-somethings.