English Assignment Part 2

English Assignment

“Let’s break up.” Sungmin almost couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Kyuhyun announced it during the night before their 3rd anniversary. It was obvious that Kyuhyun was not joking. He had a serious look, a serious tone and a serious atmosphere around him.

“Why? Did I do something wrong? I thought everything is going well between us.” Sungmin sounded desperate. He never thought that this day would come because Kyuhyun promised him as long as he needed Kyuhyun, his boyfriend would always be there for him. But now, here is Kyuhyun telling him to break up.

“You finally got what you wanted. You regained Siwon’s friendship just a few months ago. You’ve been hanging out with him even more than being with me. Then yesterday, he confessed.” Kyuhyun ran his fingers through his hair. He’s been doing that lately now that his hair went past by his shoulders. “I didn’t mean to eavesdrop or anything. It’s just that when I found you, it was also at the same time Siwon confessed to you. My body remained rooted on the spot and got to hear everything. Your reply to him was that you’ll think about it, which means that you were considering breaking up with me to be with him.”

“No, I didn’t mean that. It was just hard to reject him. I--”

“It was hard to reject him because you certainly still have feelings for him. Your feelings for him probably went away when we started our relationship but now that you’ve regained his friendship, it seems that your feelings for him has revived as well.” Kyuhyun was really good at analyzation. It’s because of that analyzation that he got Sungmin into a relationship with him and it’s also because of that analyzation that he’s going to break up with Sungmin.

“Okay, I admit that I do have some feelings for him which revived from the past but most of it was just admiration. What I feel for you is much different and much greater than that. I fell for you and I love you too.” Sungmin felt as if a heavy weight was lifted off his chest. He finally got to say those words, which he never said before.

Kyuhyun was actually happy to hear those word but at the same time, he didn’t want to believe it as well. “No, you’re just saying those words because you don’t want us to break up. You just love the idea of us being together because we’re both comfortable with each other. You were secure being with me because you know that the center of my attention is you. Don’t you think you’ve been depending on me too much?” He spat out harshly than he intended to.

Sungmin was hurt and astounded at those words. Kyuhyun never talk to him that way before. But just because Kyuhyun is starting now, he won‘t let himself be beaten up with words. He will defend himself. “You don’t believe me? I bet you didn’t love me either. You never told me that you love me. You only did so at the night you confessed to me. Plus, you only said those words in an accidental manner. I bet you never mean it. You’re probably just eating your own words.”

“Let’s just stop arguing and just break up.” Kyuhyun heaved out a long sigh. It was all he can do to stop his tears from falling. He felt like stabbing himself by saying those words because the truth is, he doesn’t really want to break up with Sungmin but Sungmin is just so confusing. He never really thought that his boyfriend loved him back and he wasn’t going to start thinking of that right now. It may sound selfish but he didn’t want to be in more pain by thinking that he broke up with Sungmin when Sungmin was finally returning his feelings.

“NO!!! You’re just making excuses. I want to know the real reason why you want to break up with me.” Tears started to fall from Sungmin’s eyes. “I know that you still love me. Don’t even try to deny it.” He sniffed. “You had other rivals aside Siwon. You think of them as obstacles and challenges. Then you would always come out as a winner so why aren’t you even bothering to fight for me now? Why are you giving me up to Siwon? WHY?!?!?!”

This time Kyuhyun couldn’t control himself seeing that the one he loved the most was hurting because of himself. A few tears managed to escape and roll down his cheeks. “I’m sorry.” He opened his arms which was immediately occupied by Sungmin. “I’m such a bastard. I’m sorry for hurting you like this.” He whispered on his boyfriend’s ear and rubbed the back soothingly.

They were surrounded by silence for a while. They remained like that as they let their chaotic feelings subside so they can think clearly and talk everything out in a proper manner. “Come on. Let’s talk this over a cup of tea.” Kyuhyun suggested when he felt that both of them has calmed down.

“No, I want to stay here in your arms and on the bed.” Sungmin said stubbornly in a childish tone. Kyuhyun merely complied as he led them towards the bed, which is just a couple of steps away. Once they’ve nestled on the bed, Sungmin suddenly dozed off. He must have been tired from school and the short argument a while ago.

// We’ve been living in this apartment for almost two years. It feels like a home to me now. // That’s what Kyuhyun thought as he observed the small apartment as if seeing it for the first time. After Kyuhyun and Sungmin graduated high school, they moved into an apartment that was just a few blocks away from their chosen University. Although they went to the same University, they had different courses. The reason why they went to the same school was so they could spend their free time together. The chosen school was miles away from their home so they decided to have an apartment instead.

The apartment was small but that was fine with them since they get to be more physically close to each other. Even though they are in a relationship, Kyuhyun was being a gentleman and chose to sleep on the coach. Their arrangement used to be like that until the 1st winter they experienced living in the apartment came and the heater broke. Sungmin offered Kyuhyun to sleep with him on the bed so they could share body heat. Since then, they’ve been sleeping together on the bed. Sungmin is a good cook and would always cook for the both of them while Kyuhyun would always tidy up things because he’s an organized person. // I couldn’t just let all of it go. I love this place. I love Sungmin. I love being here with Sungmin. // Kyuhyun thought of all the good and happy memories they spent in this apartment.


Sungmin yawned. “Sorry, it seems that I fell asleep as soon as we hit the bed.” He rubbed his eyes and rubbed away the sleepiness. “Um…Kyuhyun, are you alright? You seem kinda spaced out.” He asked.

That question brought Kyuhyun’s attention back to Sungmin. “I was just thinking.” Unconsciously, he hugged Sungmin together and closer to him. He stared at the clock on the bedside table. Then he stared at his cell phone right that was placed right beside the clock. “Any minute now…” He said under his breath.

Sungmin thought that Kyuhyun was acting weird. “Kyuhyun, are you really okay?” He asked in a concern tone. Suddenly, Kyuhyun’s cell phone was ringing. It continued to ring as it was left alone. Actually, it was more of vibrating than ringing since it was in a silent mode. “Aren’t you going to answer it? Shall I answer it for you?”

Kyuhyun didn’t reply to Sungmin. Instead, he took a deep breath and stretched his arm to answer the cell phone. He made sure to look at the name of the caller although he was pretty sure who it was calling around this time. He flipped open his cell phone. “Hello?”

The room was so silent because of the silence, Sungmin could hear the voice over the phone. It was Kyuhyun’s father. “Where are you, young man?!?!” It was an angry tone. “We’re at the airport already. I called you many times already but you seem to not answer or reject it every time. Come here already! The plane will be living in half an hour. Hopefully, it would be delayed for you.”

“You managed to convince me, father but in the end, my resolve was broken. I’m sorry to disappoint you. I’m not going. Have a safe trip.” Kyuhyun didn’t wait for his father’s reply. He just immediately turned off his cell phone and placed it back on the bedside table. While at it, he also gave out a sigh of relief.

“From the sound of it, your father seems to be very angry. What is he angry about this time?” Sungmin asked out of curiosity. He also concluded that. “From what I heard, I believe both of you are suppose to be going somewhere else.”

Kyuhyun released Sungmin from the hug as he sat up. He didn‘t look at Sungmin as he started to explain. “It’s not just my father and I but my whole family is migrating to my mother’s homeland. That’s the reason why I wanted to break up with you. You know that father accepted our relationship although he doesn’t exactly approve it. When I told him that you became my boyfriend, he immediately knew that you didn’t love me. He said that you still acted the same, just an ordinary friend. He used that to convince me to go with them in migrating to mother’s homeland. Over there, we could start a new life. He told me that I just can’t wait forever for you. He also mentioned something about Siwon having feelings for you and from the looks of it, you love Siwon back. So yeah, I was pretty convinced so I wanted to go with them and break up with you.”

Sungmin sat up as well. “But just now…you said that you’re not going…” He shocked himself as he realized how important that statement was. “You chose me over your family?” He covered his mouth as tears started to well up on his eyes again.

“Oi, oi, don’t cry. You don’t want to show up to Siwon tomorrow with red, puffy eyes that obviously says that you cried tonight.” Kyuhyun offered a small smile as he patted Sungmin’s head.


~*~*~*~*~FLASHBACK~*~*~*~*~

A week ago…

“Sungmin, I’m such an idiot for not realizing this sooner. I love you.” Siwon confessed to Sungmin. “I know that you already have a boyfriend but I was just wondering if you could consider and give me a chance.”

Sungmin  couldn’t understand how he felt. It was mixed emotions. He didn’t want to accept it but he didn’t want to completely reject Siwon as well. “I’ll think about it.” He offered an answer, which he thought was a safe answer. He didn’t think that the answer could lead to other thoughts. Not to mention, his boyfriend was actually listening to their conversation while being hidden from the view.

“Well…what about having a date on Saturday at the usual movie theater we meet? If you show up, then it means I have a chance on being your boyfriend and will pursue flirting with you.” Siwon wiggled his eyebrows suggestively which caused for Sungmin to chuckle. “And if you don’t show up, I’ll stop flirting and give up on you. We’ll remain friends, of course.”

~*~*~*~*~END OF FLASHBACK~*~*~*~*~

Sungmin  laughed as tears started to fall again from his eyes. “You sure are pretty convinced that Siwon and I love each other.” He wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck and moved closer with their foreheads touching. “I’m not seeing Siwon tomorrow. I’ll spend all day with you tomorrow. Advance happy anniversary. I love you.” He said softly as he brushed his lips against Kyuhyun’s before placing more pressure and love in that kiss.

Kyuhyun buried his fingers in Sungmin’s hair as he returned the kiss. He was happy that Sungmin chose their anniversary instead of just going out of a date with Siwon. Well, he wasn’t sure of that yet so he had to clear things up after the kiss. “Hey Sungmin, if tomorrow didn’t happen to be our anniversary and if I didn’t happen to suggest that we break up, would you show up to Siwon?”

Sungmin shook his head from left to right. That means… “Nope. In fact, I already planned on what we will do for our anniversary tomorrow. But if it isn’t our anniversary tomorrow, I still won’t show up because I’m not planning to go on two-timing or break up with you. I thought that telling him that I would think about it was a safe answer but I guess I was wrong. I was only thinking about myself. I didn’t think what that answer would mean to him or you. It’s just that at that time I had mixed emotions so I didn’t want to give out any clear answer either. After thinking about my feelings, I realized that I was happy that he finally loved me but it was a pity because he was late. He was too late because I moved on and fell in love with you.”

Kyuhyun was glad to hear this. He was glad that Sungmin chose him over Siwon. He was glad that Sungmin loves him back but he’s wondering just how much Sungmin loves him. “I’m happy to know that but I just want to know one more thing. If you were at my situation, what would you do?”

Sungmin smiled as his hands started to caress Kyuhyun’s cheek and neck. Then his fingers went to work by ing Kyuhyun’s blouse. “I’ll choose you over them anytime. We’re family too, ya know and this…” He gestured towards their surrounding, the apartment to be exact. “…is our home.”

“Your confession is the greatest anniversary gift that you’ve given to me.” Kyuhyun stated as he shrugged off his shirt over his shoulders so now he was topless. He kissed Sungmin as his fingers went inside the shirt to explore familiar body. They played with each other’s bodies before but they never really went all the way. That night was their first time to make love and they went through at it until dawn.

THE END

A/N:  Finally done! Comments please?