English Assignment

English Assignment

English Assignment
Write something about your childhood.

    There’s someone from my childhood that I would never forget. His   name is Choi Shiwon. We’ve been neighbors even before we were born. Is that possible? I actually meant that our parents have been neighbors. Shiwon and I were very close friends and in no time, we became best friends. We always hang out around with each other to the point that we almost couldn’t be separated with each other. Wherever he is, I’m there and vice versa. Heck, we even take a bath together under the same shower. Those were happy memories.

    Everything changed when we reached 6th grade. Shiwon became tall, handsome smart and talented. Some popular guy, whose name I’ve forgotten, would ask Shiwon to hang out with his crew. Shiwon refused at first, obviously choosing me over them. But when a beautiful and popular girl named Heechul invited him to hang out, he didn’t refuse at all. He told me that was called “Love at first sight.” I didn’t say anything to him back then but if I could reverse time. I would definitely tell him. “That’s bull.”

    I hated Heechul. She took Shiwon away from me. Shiwon started to hang out with her and those other popular people. I was left behind. I realized how lonely I was without Shiwon. I told myself that I shouldn’t just keep on depending at Shiwon so I started to hang out with other people. But not one of those friends I made became close to me as Shiwon was. Soon, I stopped hating and blaming Heechul for taking Shiwon away from me. I realized that someone like me couldn’t probably be with Shiwon.

    So I tried myself to change so I could get to hang out around Shiwon and his popular group. I devoted my time to studies so I can be one of those top students like Shiwon. I practiced hard on basketball so I can play together with Shiwon. I actually succeeded but it didn’t make me happy. Why? Because Shiwon got himself a girlfriend. No, it wasn’t Heechul. It was some blonde girl, whose name I refuse to remember.

    Hanging out with the popular people wasn’t fun. They’re acting all cool by doing bad stuff. How could Shiwon hang out with those people? I realized who my real friends were so I went back to hanging out with them. They were there for me when Shiwon left me. They still accepted me when I ditched them to become popular. I’m really thankful that I met them. I don’t need to mention their names because I’m sure they know who they are.

    Now, Shiwon and I are still neighbors but we’re not best friends, close friends or simply friends at all. Now, we’re just strangers that knows each other’s name. But even though Shiwon has changed that much, I still want to be with him. Yes, I admit that I’m gay and that I love him. I realized how much I loved him after he left me. But I’m not gonna tell that to him because I still want at least to be friends with him. I’m still trying to regain his friendship, not by trying to be popular like him but just to be myself. I want him to accept my friendship for who I really am.


Sungmin became frustrated. He crumpled the paper and threw it to the floor together with negative energy he mustered. The last part of the paragraph was a lie. He already given up trying to rebuild his friendship with Shiwon long ago. They were neighbors but they haven’t seen each other at all for three years. Besides, they went to different high schools so the last time they saw each other was during their elementary graduation.

“Thinking about Shiwon still makes my heart ache.” Sungmin sighed as he played with his pen. “If we did remain best friends, sooner or later I would be able to confess my feelings towards him. That would make things awkward and of course, we wouldn’t be friends anymore because he would avoid me. So I guess we can never really remain friends. Not with how I feel for him. UGH!!! But can’t I at least get over HIM?!?!?! It’s been what?!?! Three years already!!! Damnit!” Sungmin banged his head on the table. He might as well go crazy if he wasn’t already crazily in love with his childhood friend.

The other occupant of the room didn’t reply for a while. Instead, he chose to pick up and paper that landed on the floor. He smoothened the paper and started to read it. After reading it, he chose the moment to reply. “I don’t think you’re in love with Shiwon. I think you’re in love with Shiwon’s childhood. The fact that you two are just kids simply enjoying life with less problems. Spending time happily together and comfort with each other. That’s because you two created your own world. But you can’t live in that world forever because you have to grow up. Both of you grew up and faced the real world. At the real world, there’s a lot of people so it’s very much possible that you two would be separated by those people.”

Sungmin gaped at what his friend said. He actually understood what Kyuhyun meant. Kyuhyun was one of them, one of the new friends he made when Shiwon left me. “So…change topic.” Sungmin doesn’t really want to think about his feelings for Shiwon because right now, he wants to just finish this childhood essay assignment.

“I’m hurt and kinda jealous though. Did nobody really did come close to you as much as Shiwon?” Kyuhyun asked with an equally sincerely hurt tone. “I was actually thinking I’ve succeeded that. We’ve been close. I’ve been hanging around at your house as you do to mine. But we haven’t really took a bath under the same shower. Is that the reason why nobody became close to you as Shiwon did?” He tried to lighten up the atmosphere by that poorly attempted joke.

“Kyuhyun, we’re just friends. Shiwon and I were best friends.” Sungmin started to regret saying those words when he saw the look on Kyuhyun’s face. “I mean…that’s not what I meant….I just thought….um…” Sungmin wanted to take back those words but he doesn’t exactly know how.

“It’s ok, Sungmin. I understand.” Kyuhyun placed a smile on his face. He knew that he wasn’t really succeeding in trying to make a pleasant smile because the smile that was plastered on his face was somehow pained. “We should just do our assignment.” He thought that maybe he really should have changed the subject when Sungmin asked him to.

“Kyuhyun…” Sungmin moved out of his chair to hug his friend, who was sitting on the bed. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I wasn’t thinking...I-I….” He sobbed against Kyuhyun’s chest, wetting the shirt. He was feeling guilty. All that Kyuhyun did to him was for his own good. Kyuhyun has always been there for him. Kyuhyun has always been good to him. Then all that Sungmin kept on doing was hurting Kyuhyun. So he cried for himself and for Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun rubbed Sungmin’s back in a soothing manner. His other arm was loosely wrapped around Sungmin’s waist. “I don’t care what you think of me. No matter what you think of me, I’ll always be here for you as long as you need me. So just keep on needing me because I don’t want to lose you. I love you.” // !!! I actually said those words aloud!!! I’m screwed! // He felt Sungmin’s body freeze.

“I know that.” Sungmin said softly and relaxed again. He wiped his tears before facing Kyuhyun. “There was a girl who had a crush on you but you wouldn’t keep your attention away from me. Apparently, she knew about your secret and told me. She wanted me to feel awkward around you, to be apart from you. However, I didn’t feel that way at all. Everything just seems to be comfortable with you. I bet taking a bath together with you under the same shower would be comfortable as well.” He chuckled.

“Thank you.” This time Kyuhyun showed a genuine smile. “You have no idea how that makes me happy. I’m glad that I don’t have to hide my feelings for you anymore.” He caressed Sungmin’s cheek. “I’m glad that you accepted my feelings. I can’t ask for more. It’s up to you if you’ll return those feelings. Besides, you’re probably still confuse with your feelings for Shiwon.”

“Your patience and thoughtfulness never ceases to amaze me. I’m lucky to have you as a friend and even luckier to have you falling for me.” Sungmin leaned forward and crushed his lips lightly against Kyuhyun. “I’m willing to try out a relationship with you. If it doesn’t work out, we can always be friends, right?”

“Right. Do I get to make out with you now?” As soon as Kyuhyun saw Sungmin’s nod, he immediately dived in for a kiss. He captured Sungmin’s lips and finally got a taste of those delicious lips after wondering what it would be like to make out with Sungmin after all those years.

The End ^_^

A/N: This is suppose to be an original fic but I edited it and made the characters into suju~ XD. I also made Heechul a girl in the fic~ ^_^;;  This is also supposed to be a oneshot but I was able to write a sequel so it becomes a twoshot XD  I shall post the sequel tomorrow as chapter 2.  ^^