Final

Sweet Somethings

Jongin woke up feeling incredibly warm, with sunlight hitting his eyelids and the muffled voices of the others floating through the thin walls of the dormitory. As he lazily shifted in bed, he realised that the warmth was from more than just the sunlight. At some point in the night, Kyungsoo must have come back to their room and crawled into Jongin's bed because the older boy was now sound asleep, his small hands loosely clinging to Jongin's bicep.

Jongin's heart leapt into his throat as the memories of last night came flooding back to him. He smiled to himself as he watched the morning sunlight dance off of Kyungsoo's handsome features. Reality was still setting in for Jongin, and he knew his life would be different now. Not just different, but better.

The bed sheets shifted, signalling that Kyungsoo was stirring from his sleep. Jongin watched as the smaller boy's eyes danced behind closed eyelids before fluttering open delicately. Jongin's breath hitched ever so slightly. He didn't think he would ever get used to Kyungsoo's beauty.

Deep, brown orbs stared at him for a moment.

“Jongin.” Kyungsoo mumbled, voice gravelly from sleep. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. “Have you been staring at me this whole time?”

Jongin fumbled with his words as heat spread across his cheeks without his permission.

“Maybe,” he uttered in response, pursing his lips to hide his embarrassment.

“Creepy,” said Kyungsoo blankly, blinking slowly. Jongin widened his eyes, about to explain himself, when Kyungsoo burst into a fit of giggles. His large eyes turned into crescent moons as he laughed and he patted Jongin reassuringly on his cheek.

“I'm just messing with you, Jong.” Kyungsoo let his hand fall down to rest on Jongin's chest, and he had no doubt that the smaller could feel his heart racing. However, Kyungsoo said nothing as he snuggled up to Jongin's side, his hand splayed out over Jongin's heart. They stayed like that for a while, until a knock came at the door.

“Be up in 15 minutes, guys! We have a schedule in an hour!” a voice from outside the door called. Jongin recognised it as Joonmyun's.

“Okay!” he called back, and soon heard Joonmyun's footsteps fade away. He looked down at Kyungsoo to find him already looking up. They shared a shy smile, and then eventually hauled themselves reluctantly out of bed to get ready.

Jongin later found himself sitting on the couch in the living room, waiting for the last stragglers of the group to finish with their food and sort out their stuff before they had to leave for their schedule. Kyungsoo was in the kitchen with Joonmyun, cleaning up the plates from breakfast. It had become a routine, mainly because they were the only two people who could be trusted not to break anything.

Jongin mindlessly fiddled with his phone as he waited, until the couch dipped down next to him. He looked up and was surprised to see Baekhyun. The elder smiled at him, and Jongin wearily returned the smile, unsure of what Baekhyun wanted.

“About ing time,” laughed Baekhyun, playfully punching Jongin's shoulder. The younger gave him a confused look, and Baekhyun rolled his eyes before clarifying, “You and Kyungsoo.”
 

“Oh. What?” Jongin had never been aware that Baekhyun knew of his feelings for Kyungsoo. Had he really been that obvious?

“Please, poor little Kyung has been pining after you for god knows how long. He's just never had the guts to tell you.” This surprised Jongin. All this time Kyungsoo had liked him? Now he felt stupid for never noticing. Baekhyun continued, “But I'm glad you guys finally sorted it out. It just took a little push.”

Baekhyun smiled wryly at his last statement, and Jongin tried to decipher what he had meant by that. However, Baekhyun shed some light, a guilty expression forming on his features.

“I knew you were awake, that night. I knew you were watching me when I came in, and I don't know. I guess I was tired and the thought just came to me! Like, maybe this would push you over the edge. Maybe it would get you to do something. So yeah, I kissed Kyungsoo. And I may have taken it a bit further than I normally would've.”

“Do you even know how that made me feel?” asked Jongin, exasperated. He still felt uneasy when he remembered the thoughts and feelings that had plagued him after that night. Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish smile.

“Sorry, not sorry. I mean, you did end up doing something, right?” Jongin frowned at this. “So it was all for a good cause,” Baekhyun finished. Jongin rolled his eyes. He couldn't hate Baekhyun. He had good intentions.

“What are you guys talking about?”

Baekhyun and Jongin looked up at the voice to see Kyungsoo making his way towards them.

“You,” answered Baekhyun mischievously, holding an arm out and beckoning Kyungsoo over to him. Kyungsoo padded forwards and Baekhyun's outstretched arm curled around the younger boy's waist, pulling him in so he ended up in Baekhyun's lap.

Jongin watched as the singer then pressed a light kiss to Kyungsoo's cheek. Kyungsoo immediately glanced towards Jongin, as if to gauge his reaction, but Jongin just smiled. He then leaned over to Kyungsoo and kissed him softly on the lips, lingering a few moments before pulling back.

A heated blush quickly spread across Kyungsoo's cheeks at the attention he was receiving, and he shyly glanced between Baekhyun and Jongin. Baekhyun laughed heartily, rubbing Kyungsoo's side as he saw how lovesick his friend was. Before either of them noticed, Jongin had lifted up his phone and snapped a photo of them. As the shutter sound echoed through the room, Kyungsoo turned to glare playfully at Jongin. The younger just grinned, setting the new photo as his background.

Jongin had always known that Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had a special sort of relationship. It was sweet, it was intriguing, and it had Jongin hooked. He knew there was a story behind it, one that he would find out later, but for now he was happy just knowing that Kyungsoo was his. As his gaze lingered on Kyungsoo, the boy's ebony locks falling into his large eyes as he exchanged playful banter with Baekhyun, Jongin's heart swelled.

“Guys, the manager is waiting downstairs!” Joonmyun called, his head poking into the living room. The three boys nodded and stood up, making their way over to where the other three members were gathered at the front door. Once everyone had their shoes on, they exited one by one until only Kyungsoo and Jongin were left. They shared a secret smile, and Kyungsoo's small hand reached out for Jongin's larger one.

Together, they walked out to face the world.
 


The End. LOL.

Y'all think I trolled you into thinking this was Baeksoo and then turning it into Kaisoo? lmao. No but u don't understand, I actually intended for this to be Baeksoo, but then it kind of just... yeah. This is what happens when I don't plan ahead. 

So like. Sorrynotsorry. The heart wants what the heart wants. I want Kaisoo. :D